Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Ignorance is Bliss

Patience, and Phone Calls

by The_best_cliche 5 reviews

Just because you don't know what you're looking for, doesn't mean you can't find what you want. Joe Story!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-09-04 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 1169 words

1Moving
"You've been looking at your phone like every ten minutes, man. What's up?" Pete laughed as he propped his legs up. Hemingway cuddling besides him and the couch. Pete had managed to take a mini-vacation from their break, plus it was his mother's birthday. So he came home to Chicago and brought Hemingway with him, letting Uncle Joe doggy sit while Pete kind of stayed between Joe's house and his parents.

Looking over at him, he sighed not realizing it was that obvious. "I met this girl today.." Joe started off. He had to tell someone and although Pete may not be Dr.Phil on girls or relationships he was all he had right now, so Joe would just have to settle.

"aw, look at that hem- Joey is growing up! " Pete rubbed the dog's head, disturbing him.

"shut up" he smirked, as he waited for a moment before continuing. "anyway, we talked for like two hours over lunch or whatever and I got her number under a false pretense I guess." he rubbed a hand over his newly shaven head. Not too short, but he had gotten a haircut that day. "she had no clue who I was Pete, it was great. I met her in Washburn when I went to pick up the guitar. Beautiful, smart.. then she got this phone call and had to leave in such a hurry" Joe sighed, trying to rush the day along. Pete didn't need to know everything. "I basically bribed her to give me her number, so I called a few hours ago and she still hasn't called back." he shook his head "I should have told her about the band."

"dude.." Pete sat up "you didn't tell her about the band?" as he shook his head "And you're sure she didn't know who you were?" as he received the same nod "If you had a good time and conversation then just wait it out. That is all you can do. Something could have come up, you said she left in a hurry"

"she did. It seemed like something was wrong" Joe grunted annoyed "I just want her to call, I want to see her again."

"aw, Joey has a crush!" Pete cooed, laughing.

"stop calling me Joey!" he threw a pillow at Pete, as it hit Hemingway instead. "sorry Hemingway, that was meant for your owner."

Pete laughed as he took the pillow positioning it behind him "She'll call Joe. Don't worry about it. If you guys had good conversation and you had a good time she will call. Girls might fake orgasms, but not good conversations" he had to be a good friend "So was she hott?"

Joe smirked "yup, and smart and successful." He couldn't get over it, the weirdest place to meet a girl. He had become instantly smitten, even from across the store. "Knew nothing about guitars, but I can change that.. "

"OH?" Pete raised an eyebrow "Planning on strumming her strings."

"You have a perverted mind.." Joe laughed him off, as he rehooked his cell phone on the clip. All he could do is wait.



"so what are you going to do?" Cherise asked, making herself comfortable on the couch leaning against the side and bringing her legs under her.

"I don't know, cherry" Madilyn sighed sitting on her seat. Cherise was the one person she could tell everything and anything to without worry of judgement or condemnation. If anything, cherise made everything seem better, or okay. "I am doing the right thing! Right?" deep down she knew it was the right thing, but that reminder every once in a while always helped.

"of course you are! The whole state of Illinois knows you are doing the right thing maddie!" cherry exclaimed. "things are hard, especially for her. You are the easiest target, the one she can put all the responsibility on, eventually she will understand and be grateful."

"Do you think its time I tell her the truth, about everything? She understands what people are saying, maybe she should at least know why she should hate this life, and me."

Cherise frowned,"she doesn't hate you!"

"You didn't see her eyes or hear her cherise. She hates me." Madilyn grabbed her bag needing to charge her phone as she felt it vibrate and beep. "oOo.. a voicemail!" she had a small smile, as she made it into her voicemail listening to it. Anything was a distraction from how she was feeling. After listening to it Madilyn sighed turning the phone off and connecting to the charger. That didn't help.

"well.." cherise watched her friend sit back down. "Good news? Did you land an account? You're lawyer get the case dropped again?"

"No..." Madilyn shook her head, swinging her legs over one side of the chair. "It's um, it was this guy I met today."

"YOU met a guy today?" Cherry laughed, raising an eyebrow "Uh huh. Where? And how did he get your number? better yet, why aren't the two of you unclothed and in your bed..?"

Madilyn laughed "shut up cherry!" she shook her head blushing "he helped me get Brian's guitar, I met him at the store and then we went out to lunch. His name is Joe.. he's in a band, very nice and polite, sweet." she stopped herself from continuing "But I had to go, I gave him my number because he offered to teach Brian to play."

Cherry just kind of looked at her friend, a knowing smirk on the face "So you weren't hoping to see him again...?"

"Sure, I would love to see him again, it would be nice to see any guy but I can't do that. Not to myself or them. I just come with too many problems to make a guy go through that. When the time is right I will find someone. It just isn't now, especially not now. You, of all people know what is going on!"

"Yeah I do!" Cherise nodded "I also know that you work your ass off to try to make the world happy but you always come last. So maybe getting a guy to make YOU happy wouldn't be so terrible. If this guy is soo sweet and nice as you say I am more than positive he would understand everything and maybe even see how special and amazing you are. Not everyone would do what you did Madilyn. So you are going to call this guy back and go out with him and do not give me any bullshit excuses. You know I will be here. So call him back... NOW!" she reached over roughly grabbing the cell phone off the charger and handing it to her best friend. They said you only give tough love to people you truly care about and nothing was more evident than that now. If anyone deserved to have a real smile across their face it would be Madilyn so Cherise would do anything to make that smile possible.
Sign up to rate and review this story