Categories > Original > Fantasy > Hunted

Captured

by NerdHerd 0 reviews

Lace, Sneaks, and Joe are captured and put in a place called 'zoo'

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2017-04-26 - 704 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was the next morning after the incident. I was ready to pounce. My breakfast was inches from my face. The large bird was the closest thing I was getting to a feast, but something got to it before me. I heard a very loud bang, and my breakfast fell dead before my eyes. I jumped and yelped in surprise. I realized my mistake. Not 20 feet away was a human. An armed human. He screamed. I screamed. I ran for camp. He ran after me. He fired at me. I ducked behind a tree. One thing after another, and it was happening quickly. These are NOT the bullets from last night. These are lethal. I was leading him straight towards the camp. I had the worst idea. Ever. I leaped out from behind the tree branch and yelled, "Hey! Come and Get me!" He fumbled with his gun, but when he aimed, I ducked back down to another hiding spot. It was like Russian Roulette mixed with Wack-A-Mole. At one point he pulled out his phone and dialed the police. He gave his locations, and by then, I was sprinting to the camp, screaming, "HUMAN, HUMAN! HIDE! Take down the tents! HUMANS!" Everyone got busy. In about five minutes, it was all taken down. There were a lot of us, so we got done rather quickly. We were hiding in the brushes, in the trees, and we even made under ground tunnels in case of this very emergency. About three minutes after that, we heard footsteps. "Lace! Lace!" It was Sneaks and Joe. "It's the cop from last night! How did they find us?" Sneaks and Joe each took turns talking. The cop from last night was looking at a strange silver device and whispered," The GPS Says... Right over here! C'mon, boys! I see em'!" The cop was not lying. He did see us, and we saw him. It was just then I realized the dart stuck in Joe's arm was still there. A tracking device. Smart. The cop took careful aim at me, and fired. It hit me in the side of the neck, but it's gonna take a lot more than that to take me down. All three of us lept out from behind the bush, and the rest of the camp stealthily crept away, to another hopefully safe spot. We were surrounded. "Sneaks, Joe, I'm gonna throw a stick at one of them, while they are distracted and hopefully confused, take em' out ok-...." I only barely finished the thought when I felt a stinging pain in my lower leg. I looked down, but only to feel another one in my arm. Then my tail. And another, and another. I roared, and flew upward in anger and pain.
I tore a thin branch from a tree on my way up , and threw it at the policemen below. It hit one of many, and Sneaks and Joe actually listened to me for once. They attacked, and I came to help them. Joe was hit with three darts in the back. Sneaks was much weaker than both of us, but quicker, so he mainly distracted them. I was once again hit with the final dart in my upper back on between my shoulder blades. My muscles tensed, and my legs gave out. I heard men mumbling about something. The most I heard was,"-something,something- Great for the zoo-something, something- most amazing attractions. Circuses, Too," And then I blacked out.
I woke up in a grassy field. I had a terrible headache. I looked up, and a bunch of human children were staring down at me. I was startled, and I woke Sneaks and Joe up. "WHERE THE HELL ARE WE?" All the children heard were growls and roars. They gasped and awed. A voice came over a microphone. "Are you enjoying are new exhibit?"
All the children answered, "Yes, and Ya, and Totally,"
The voice said,"Soon, we'll have many more like these ones! What do you think of that?"
All the children cheered and whooped. "Oh.. No.." I made a sudden realization that they would go looking for our kind, and trap them in places like this. This meant bad.
Sign up to rate and review this story