Categories > Movies > Newsies > Everyone Sees it Diffrently

Chapter V (Skittery)

by Cards 0 reviews

That same afternoon. Skittery gets stoned with Jack

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Skittery - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-06-22 - Updated: 2005-06-23 - 758 words

0Unrated
I sigh, sitting back against the rough brickwork of my school. Twitch grinned, sitting down on my lap. "Dude" I smirk my eyes looking off into the woods, where most of the stoners go.

"What's the big deal about "R" rated movies?" Jack asked the group taking out a cigarette.

I dunno, one of the nondescript stoners said, taking out some pot and shoving it in his pipe. "Anyone got a lighter?" He asked looking up through long semi washed blonde hair.

"Well" Twitch said smiling "Its deranged fucked up people like us who make it necessary to do that?" She grinned, wiggling around on my lap to get a lighter out of her pocket.

"What the?" the kid asked grabbing the lighter as she tossed it to him. He smiled lighting and taking a deep inhale.

"Well, we don't want the little kiddies watching things like sex and drugs" She smiled reaching over to get the pipe from the kid, Josh I think. She grinned, taking a hit and waiting a few seconds before exhaling, the shaking we both suffered from calming as she handed the joint back to me gently. "And when tightwads. See us they think its because we saw that stuff on TV."

I smirked taking a hit, letting the smoke rest in me for a few seconds, savoring the taste.

"I didn't even have TV" one kid says. "My parents taught me how to roll a joint"

"And they taught you a valuable lesson" Someone called out as I handed the pipe to someone's hand.

"All I know is if I'm gunna go see one move, but a bunch of nuns are picketing another for indecency. I'm gunna go see the one with the nuns." Jack said, grabbing the pipe from some kid.

I leaned back, thinking of my own past. Fucked up sure. But nothing compared to other kids. Sure I grew up poor, but that's no excuse. That's no reason. My parents did smack. But that doesn't mean I had to. I just did. "Dude, nuns. Your sick" I muttered.

Jack laughed "I got a bloody nose last week during soccer." he grinned, reveling in the tale "Blood everywhere"

Personally I didn't give a shit about Jack fucking Kelly. But he bought enough drugs most of the time, and he didn't narc on us.

"Ewww!" Twitch laughed, her bony ass almost attacking my thigh. I debated pushing her off so she could go shag Kelly.

"Yeah" Jack smirked, the pipe had made its way back to me. Another hit, and My shaking legs stopped. I took a third hit lighting the pipe again.

"Is getting a bloody nose like doing drugs?" a kid who was far too gone to go to class ever again asked.

"No" Kelly laughed. His stupid smile splitting his face.

I grinned, "How is soccer man?" The best thing about Kelly was that he was a major stoner and a golden boy.

"Got kicked off the team" He said trying to switch the subject. My mind wouldn't let it go so easily though.

"Weren't you good?"

"Stupid uptight fucks got anal about what I did in my off time." He muttered.

"Aren't you really good?" I'd heard about scouts, scholarships.

"Yeah"

I nodded, Normally I wasn't a big pot smoker, but it calmed my heroin cravings and jitters. Though instead of letting me escape, it often made me concentrate on one thing. In this case Kelly's talent.

If Jack was good why didn't he play?

He smoked pot.

If that was the only thing stopping him why not just quit smoking pot.

Jack didn't have too shitty of a life. Yeah his parents dumped him. Byut his foster parents were really cool. They understood he was having problems. More then once they'd shown up at a party to help a kid whose small get together had erupted into a Hollywood worthy party.

"Dude aren't you like really good?" I asked again, interrupting the conversation on how annoying the school police officer was.

"Yeah"

So Jack was just fucking around. And Jack could do something. He could actually do stuff. "Then what the fuck you hanging around here for?"

"Fun.

Skittery pondered this. Jack had a future and he was just throwing it away. Could he as well?

Author's notes: Okay! Yay! Here we go. This is I think my favorite chapter thus far. I wrote it a while ago. This is getting a more definite shape in my mind, I hope to finish it during the summer.
Sign up to rate and review this story