Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Of All The Gin Joints...

Chapter 17: Dee's P.O.V.

by Gangsta_Girl 0 reviews

Misery loved me.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-06 - Updated: 2006-09-06 - 793 words

0Unrated
The elevator doors slide open and we both head out. Sam leaves my side and I just stand there in the center of the hotel lobby for a moment just so I can recollect all my thoughts. I place my hands in my pockets and slowly walk to my hotel room. The pull strings on the hoodie swinging back and forth as I amble down the hall. I stop in front of Pete and Patrick's room. I can hear their voices from behind the door. I put my ear close and try to make out what they are arguing about. I feel the door push in and I fall over. Looking up from my position on the floor I make a weak smile.

"Hi... Pete."

"What are you doing?"

"Oh. Um, well...you see. I was looking for my...earring. Yeah, my earring...and I think it fell somewhere over here. Oh, nope. Not here."

I stand up uneasily as Pete looks down at me with a knowing stare.

"You were eavesdropping, weren't you?"

"No...maybe...okay, I was. But I didn't hear anything, I swear."

Pete eases up on the door knob still in his hand.

"Maybe it's best if you go."

"Pete, I'm sorry, but..."

Pete begins to shut the door but I put my foot in the way.

"What is going on? I didn't do anything to you."

"Not me. Patrick."

"What did he tell you?"

"Everything."

"I don't understand."

"You wouldn't."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Like I said, you wouldn't."

"Please Pete. What is going on?" I ask desperately.

Pete looks back into the room and steps out of the door way pushing me back into the hall.

"Patrick," He says as he closes door, "is not exactly fond of media attention, so to speak. He's never had to deal with stuff like that. He'd rather stay in the back and enjoy the ride. Now as for me, I can deal with the shit-talking and the rumors to a point because I know none of it is legit. But whatever is or isn't going on with you and Patrick is all up for the world to judge. He's just not sure how to handle all of this newfound interest in his personal life."

"I didn't mean-"

"I know. I just think it's best if you give him some space right now."

I nod forlornly and walk away without saying a word. I can faintly hear Patrick's voice for an instant before Pete goes back in the room and closes the door. I feel my throat tighten and my eyes begin to water. Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. I fling my hotel room door open and throw myself onto the bed. Emily closes the door and calmly rushes to my aid.

"What's wrong, Dee?"

I place the long white pillow over my face and let out a muffled scream before attempting to answer.

"...Nothing."

Emily scoots onto the bed beside me.

"Tell me. I know you want to. Besides, I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is."

I sit up, letting the pillow fall into my lap.

"I doubt it."

"More reason to tell me about it then."

I avert her gaze and stare intently at the pillow resting on my thighs.

"I have nowhere else to be right now. So, you might as well 'fess up. I'm here for you. I hate seeing you like this." Emily confesses.

I look into her eyes filled with concern as my own fill with the tears I so greatly tried to force back.

"Denise...is it Patrick?" She says softly.

I close my eyes, the salty droplets freely streaming down my face.

"What happened?"

I wipe my tear-stained cheeks and explain the situation as best I can. I elaborate from the time we separated at the mall to the current confrontation with Pete, never skipping a single detail. Emily looks back at me stunned.

"Pete said that?"

I nod, unable to look straight at her.

"C'mon," She says pulling me up by my hands, "we are going to talk to Patrick.

"But Pete said-"

"Fuck what he said. What Patrick needs now are his friends. Granted, we may not have known him for that long, but we still can be there for him. We need to be there for each other."

I stand beside her and give her a hug. She looks at me awkwardly for a moment.

"You know, that was really deep." I say after relinquishing my grip around her.

"Yeah, well...I guess you rubbed off on me. Unfortunately."

I smile.

"Thank you Emily."

"Yeah-yeah...don't get all mushy on me. Let's go find Pete and Patrick. They gots some splainin' to do."
Sign up to rate and review this story