Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Of All The Gin Joints...

Chapter 20: Dee's P.O.V.

by Gangsta_Girl 0 reviews

Is this real? What I'm feeling?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-06 - Updated: 2006-09-06 - 1533 words

0Unrated
We escape the visuals of the make out session and head out to the elevator. We dash in just as the elevator doors open. The doors slide shut, encasing just the two of us in the cramped space drowned in monotonous classical music. We exchange glances and burst out laughing.

"Oh my god. Can you believe those two?" I say after recapturing my composure.

"I wasn't expecting that. Maybe some angst-ridden lyrics from Pete after you two would have left. But that?"

Patrick lets out a chuckle.

"I think my eyes need to be cleansed in acid after that one." He jokes.

"Haha. I know what you mean."

The doors slide back open and we both step out onto the bottom floor. I take Patrick's lead out onto the hotel promenade.

"It's gorgeous out here." I say mesmerized by the dark starlit sky.

Patrick, leaning against the antique lamp post, lets out a shrug before he pushes his trucker hat lower over his eyes. "Yeah, it is."

I bite my lip. Could he look any sexier? No, probably not. The glow pouring down from the light pole enveloping him didn't help either. The glimmers of light and shadow accentuating every detail, every one of his solid features...

"Denise?"

I unglue my eyes from his frame and bring myself back to the present. I need to get a grip and stop with all this damn daydreaming.

"Yes?" I answer edging closer to him so that we are face to face.

"You know, I'm sorry. About all of this. I know I'm probably confusing you with all these mixed signals and the way I've been acting..."

"Patrick, you don't have to-"

"Yes, I do." He interrupts me. "I think you need to have a decent explanation."

Patrick cleans the lenses of his glasses on his soft striped shirt. Placing them back onto his face he continues.

"I... have feelings for you." He says quietly.

My mouth slightly gaped open I just stare at him, unable to speak.

"There's just something about you. You proved that to me after you kissed me at the club. You definitely left an impression. That's probably why I couldn't sleep that night. You intrigue me in so many ways. It just frustrates me that I can't do anything without some paparazzi or hormonal fan deconstructing every move I make. Every post, every message board, it gets to me. I hate the fact that being with you is something I have to keep secret. With you I'm just...Patrick. Not Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy or Fall Out Boy's lead singer or 'that guy standing next to Pete Wentz'. I'm not that good with words, but I know what I feel...I think I'm falling for you Denise. It just makes it that much harder on me with the whole media exposure on the two of us now."

He pauses for a moment to let out a brief sigh.

"I'm sorry if all this is coming too fast or I'm coming on too strong. But I had to tell you. I needed to. I don't want to hide this from you. Pete thought that I'd sort it out, but I can't do it alone. He doesn't know you and, honestly, I don't even know you that well...but I want to."

He takes my hands in his.

"I want to." He repeats again, this time softer.

"Patrick, I-"

He looks down to the sidewalk.

"If you don't feel the same way...I understand." He breathes, taking up my gaze once more.

"No. That's not it at all."

"Then what?" He replies, tilting his head slightly to the side.

My stomach spins with parasitic butterflies as he gently massages my hands. My heart begins fluttering faster. Faster. Should I? Could I? God, just stop overanalyzing things and do it!

I close my eyes and press my lips against his. He immediately lets go of my hands and wraps his arms around my waist, beneath my hoodie, pulling me even closer, tighter. His tongue brushes against my lips teasingly. Without hesitation I invite it willingly into my mouth, deepening the kiss even further. I place my hands against his chest. His hands rise up from my waist to my lower back bringing up my shirt with it. A faint moan erupts from my mouth as the pressure of his fingertips on my skin increases.

Every touch of his was sending me deeper and deeper into a loss of self-control. My hands drift down slowly from his chest. He sucks in his breath as my fingers trace down the sides of his abdomen. I peck him delicately on the lips again before we separate to regain our breath. I position my arms around his neck and smile. He smiles back at me wrapping a lock of my hair around his fingers. He chuckles softly.

"What is it?" I ask dreamily.

"My glasses. They're all fogged up."

I giggle noticing the misty film covering his lenses. He brings two fingers from beneath the glasses' frame and wipes the condensation in a windshield wiper motion.

"Could you be any more adorable?" I whisper against his ear.

He laughs. I blow lightly against the flesh beneath his ear. He steps backward from pleasurable surprise and loses his balance. Pulling me down with him we fall into the freshly cut grass encircling the sidewalk. He lands on his back with me on top of him. I lean myself up somewhat putting my hands on his chest. I look into his eyes and smile naughtily.

"If this isn't a compromising position, I don't know what is." I giggle.

"Me neither." Patrick says just as he brings me down into another kiss.

"Me neither." Someone else's voice echoes.

I pull away abruptly. Patrick throws his head back onto the grass, letting out an annoyed groan. Four shadowy figures descend from their position next to a distant bench. Lessening the distance between us I finally am able to make out their faces. Of course it just had to be Joe, Andy, Sam, and Chad. Just In time to ruin the mood.

"Why is it that every time I see you two, you are on top of each other?" Andy chortles.

Patrick and I get up from our positions on the ground, a little embarrassed, but more frustrated than anything else.

"We fell, okay? Is that a crime?" Patrick states as he shakes the leafy debris from his hat.

"Oh right...'falling' is it? Nice try, dude. We all know you were trying to get all up in that." Joe laughs outright.

"Joe, it was more like he was trying to..."

Sam motions with his hands.

"...Spank that ass. "

"God, Sam! Could you be any more of a jackass?" Chad rings in, bringing to Sam's attention the look of irritation on my face.

He shrugs narcissistically.

"Probably."

I roll my eyes.

"Whatever, Sam. You can say all you want. At least Patrick is gettin' some action. Unlike your sorry ass. "

"Ohhhhhhhh!" The guys draw out like teens overlooking a high school fight, covering their mouths.

Chad bowls over laughing.

"Damn, dude. You just got played."

"Hey, don't even start with that shit, Denise." Sam verbalizes with a hint of seriousness.

"Besides, as I recall, no offense, Emily ain't tappin' nothin' either. So, there."

Sam crosses him arms across his chest, satisfied with his answer. Me and Patrick briefly exchange knowing glances.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that one, slugger." Patrick informs Sam.

"What?! I gotta see this shit!" He smirks deviously.

"They're in Pe-"

I cover Patrick's mouth hastily, but he pulls it away.

"Pete's room. They're in Pete's room." He stumbles out, a huge grin on his face.

"Way to sell out your best friend, Patrick."

"Hey, it's not like he wouldn't do it to me. Believe me, I know." He tells me, no doubt replaying all the times Pete had reveled in his embarrassment.

"Payback's a bitch." Andy laughs off.

"Too bad we don't have the camcorder, though." Joe says rubbing the nape of his neck.

"That would have been sweet. Just to see the look on Pete's fucking face." He says revealing an almost Cheshire cat grin.

"But guys, you're forgetting something." Chad vocalizes with a prideful look on his face. "I have a camera phone..."

A jumbled chorus of 'hell yeah' ensues and after the excitement dies down, the four huddle together to decipher a plan. Patrick and I just stay where we stand. To 'bust in' on our two friends possibly doing the horizontal limbo is not exactly a sight I'd want to see. Sam soon breaks from the huddle and approaches us.

"We are going to have to leave you two lovebirds behind. This mission doesn't require your involvement. So, we'll see you when we see you and hopefully when we see you again, we'll have a nice shot of Pete and Emily on Chad's phone." Sam winks at me.

"Sure Sam. We'll see you guys later then. Have fun. I guess."

Sam, Chad, Andy, and Joe wave us off and trudge back up to the hotel, their mischievous laughter trailing not far behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story