Categories > Original > Historical > You're my soldier

Chapter 2

by ItsYaBoiHess 0 reviews

Heinz is learning how to tolerate Henryk, still not having a clue about why he's like this. Also Dolph Schwarz and Oswald Hoffmann get introduced.

Category: Historical - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2017-07-14 - 751 words

0Unrated
Henryk

It was 2 in the morning and Heinz was asleep on the couch, and he looked charismatic and perfect while he did it.

I walked out of the bedroom I slept in to check on him since he told me about his strange behavior while he slept (sleepwalking, sleeptalking, all the sorts).

I stared at him sleep, and I couldn't help but smile about how adorable he looked while he slept.

I inched towards him and used a finger to brush his hair into a neater position, continuing to smile about how peaceful he looked.

He let out a small huff and a look of irritation appeared on his face, making me back away slightly.

Growls grew in his throat as if he was a dog and let out a scream, rolling off the couch and thumping onto the floor.

"Koch?!" I shouted, crouching down and checking on him, obvious concern growing around me.

He stared up at me, his breathing steady as he looked into my silver eyes.

"Don't be concerned, this is normal to me." He sighed, but I still sat down, pulling his head up into my lap, checking for bruises on his head.

Heinz

I stared up at Henryk, fighting a smile.

His anxiety over me amused me, nobody was ever this concerned over me, especially my parents since they forced me to join the war last year when I was 18.

I wasn't like this until I joined the war and had to do what I never thought I would have to do.

My best friend, Feliks, was a Jew, and I'd known him for years.

He was taken to a concentration camp when we were 17 and when I finally saw him again, I was a soldier and was forced to kill him and his brothers, Mickey, Oscar, and Oliver.

That moment was what caused me to act like this, and I absolutely hated it.

"Are you okay?" Henryk asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Yeah I'm fine." I sat up, sitting on the couch as I thought of Feliks and his brothers.

Henryk definitely noticed the sadness in my eyes since he sat next to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure?"

I sighed, I never told anyone about what happened, and I don't want to tell Henryk since he idolized Hitler while I didn't.

"I'm sure. Now go to bed before I force you to." I snarled nastily, and his eyes widened, tears brimming in them.

I made him cry

"Krause... I'm sorry. It's just I've been through a lot before I met you." I explained, but he brought his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them, burying his face in his knees.

I gasped, realizing I didn't tell him I was thankful for him saving me.

"Danke for saving me from the cold. Now please don't cry. I'm sorry!"

Henryk froze, looking up at me with tear stained cheeks.

"You're w-welcome." He stuttered, and I thought it would help.

So I hugged him.

He slowly wrapped his arms around me, rubbing his head against my chest.

~~~

There was pounding at the door, and I peaked out of the window to see who it was.

2 German soldiers.

I opened the door to see a black haired soldier and a dirty blonde haired soldier, both holding guns and having the same expression.

Without my consent, they barged in, and I shouted, "Die hölle?! Get out of the house!"

The black haired one turned to me and said, "Does Henryk Krause live here?"

"Ja? What do you want from him?" I snarled, becoming protective of Henryk because of how fragile he was.

The bathroom door opened and out came the shorter man, cocking an eyebrow as he said, "Hoffmann? Schwarz? What are you doing here?"

"Please let us stay here! We have nowhere else to go! Krause I beg of you" the dirty blonde shouted, grabbing Henryk by the shoulders and shaking him.

"HOFFMANN!" He shouted, and I grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him away.

I felt slight jealously as Henryk agreed to let them stay in the house.

The two walked into another room, and I looked at the shorter man, asking, "Who the hell are they?"

"Dolph Schwarz and Oswald Hoffmann. Two of my colleagues."

I had several questions, but I pushed them away, sighing.

I liked being alone with one person at a time.

And I felt something towards Henryk, something special.

Friendship I suppose.
Sign up to rate and review this story