Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Perfect Places

Drunk

by Kirbywoww 0 reviews

When Ginny is feeling stressed over Harry, Draco decides to get Ginny drunk...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2017-07-27 - 4118 words

0Unrated
OKAY SO! This is the last chapter I will be uploading today! I still have a few more written as well, so if I get some reviews I can post them ASAP! :)

This was one of the funnest things I've ever written. The beginning is super over-the-top cheesy, but it's for a purpose which is discovered midway through the chapter.

HOPE YOU LIKE IT! Remember to Review! :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter

___________________________________________________________________________________________


Chapter 5
Drunk
“What the fuck are perfect places anyways?” - Lorde


Ginny and Harry’s date was magical. They sat in the middle of the Quidditch pitch drinking butterbeer and eating gourmet sandwiches surrounded by dozens of conjured floating candles. The moonlight illuminated Harry’s dazzling emerald eyes and Ginny could hardly believe how lucky she was the have such a perfect boyfriend. They talked about everything. They whimsically discussed their ideas of a perfect life after Hogwarts, about their childhood memories, and their opinions on everything from favorite Bertie Bott’s jellybean flavour to how the security at Azkaban should be regulated. Ginny felt like they had rekindled their spark which she felt at the beginning of their relationship. Her heart fluttered with excitement when Harry grabbed her hands and looked deep into her eyes.

“I had an amazing time tonight, Ginny.” Harry said, kissing the top of her hand.

“Me too, Harry. You were right, this is just what we needed.” Ginny said, unable to contain her huge smile.

Harry smiled back but it slowly faded. Ginny could tell something was on his mind. She stroked the side of his cheek, signalling that he was invited to discuss whatever he was thinking about. He must have picked up on her cues because he gave a deep sigh and said, “I just wanted to apologize again for calling you weak. You’re such an amazingly talented witch, it was very unfair of me. I promise, that whenever the next raid is, we will have a serious discussion about you coming with me.”

“Oh, Harry. You don’t need to keep apologizing. So long as you promise to at least consider me coming I’ll be happy. I mean, I don’t even necessarily have to be fighting by your side. I could begin by waiting by the sidelines healing injured civilians!” Ginny suggested. She was so happy her and Harry were actually having a mature conversation about this.

“That’s a great idea, Gin.” Harry kissed her forehead, “We will talk about it more when the time comes, okay?”

“Absolutely.” Ginny smiled and kissed him. She then got a suggestive look in her eyes and coyly suggested, “Hey, how about I sleep in your bed tonight? We could put a silencing charm around us and have a sleep over?” She winked at him.

Harry chuckled, “Oh, Ginny, you know I would love to. Unfortunately, I must wake up early tomorrow. I have a meeting with McGonagall and should get a good sleep. I know there’s no way I’ll be able to get any sleep with the most beautiful girl in the school in my bed.”

Ginny sighed in disappointment but ultimately understood. They decided they should go to bed and slowly made their way back to the Gryffindor common room. When they reached the stairs of the girl’s dormitory Harry gave Ginny a long, passionate kiss. Ginny desperately wanted to join him in his bed. They hadn’t had sex in weeks and Ginny felt an overwhelming amount of love towards him she wished she could physically express. Reluctantly she willed herself to peel away from Harry’s warm embrace.

“Goodnight, Harry.” She whispered into his ears.

“Goodnight, Ginny. Just remember how much I love you,” Harry said, lovingly but almost sternly, “You mean the world to me and I’m so sorry for ever hurting you.”

“I told you to stop apologizing, you sap!” Ginny said playfully, “I’m going to bed now, though. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Absolutely,” Harry said, kissing her forehead one last time, “Sweet dreams.”

Ginny fell asleep almost instantly. She had pleasant dreams about her sweet, loving boyfriend. When she awoke in the morning feeling more rested than she had in weeks she was smiling. Stretching, she looked to her side and saw a sealed envelope with her name written in Harry’s writing on it. She beamed, thinking it was a love letter from Harry who must have felt the need to continue his romantic streak. She tore open the envelope in excitement but upon reading the first sentence her smile began to fade:

Ginny,

I am so sorry I must do this to you but I need to leave for another battle with Ron and Hermione today. I couldn’t stand the thought of telling you last night and have you be furious with me before leaving so I lied to you. I can’t let you battle with us. Not yet, anyways. Maybe one day but I cannot risk anything happening to you. Please remember that I love you. You mean the world to me and I hope you won’t be too angry with me. I hope to be back later this week but I cannot promise anything.

Still madly in love with you,
Harry

Ginny gaped at the letter. She had to reread it several times to properly comprehend the message. After what felt like forever the anger finally reached her brain.

WHAT THE FUCK?” She screamed, “YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE.”

Ginny furiously stormed down the hallways. She had no idea where she was going she just needed to keep moving. Never in her entire life had she been so furious with someone. How could someone who supposedly loved her spend an entire night LYING right to her face? Suddenly the intentions of their romantic date became clear. He didn’t plan it to apologize and demonstrate how much he cared for her, he was simply trying to butter her up as much as possible so it’ll be less likely she will murder him when he returns! She felt so incredibly dumb. Hermione and Ron were also in on it. Her best friends and loved ones were all lying to her. Her heart was racing as she flew down the corridors. She wanted to cry and punch something. She needed an outlet for this rage.

As if on cue, Draco strutted around the corner. She tried to ignore him because she was not in the mood for his sarcasm but sadly Draco stopped her.

“Woah, Weasley. You sure seem to be wearing that ‘furiously pissed off’ look often,” He laughed, “Your face is redder than your hair.”

“Go away, I’m not talking to you right now.” Ginny quickly said and tried storming away.

Draco grabbed her by her shoulder, “Hey, wait. Are you okay?”. He looked down into her deep brown eyes. He intended to just make fun of her a bit to get a rise out of her but by the tone of her voice she seemed seriously upset. He was genuinely concerned for her and the feeling made him want to throw up.

“No, I’m not okay!” Ginny shrieked, “I don’t want to talk about it with you, you just want to hear about it for your sick amusement because you get a weird satisfaction from us Weasleys and Harry being unhappy! Just go away.”

“That’s not true!” Draco defended himself then quickly backtracked, “Well, I mean, I do find it very satisfying to unhappiness come to Potter. But it’s not satisfying to see you storming around the hallways every day ready to kill someone because Potter is being a moron. If you don’t want to tell me that’s fine, but if you do, I’m all ears for the time being.”

Ginny sighed in defeat and handed him the letter Harry had left her, “To put it in context this was right after we had a romantic date where he repeatedly promised he would not be leaving for a couple of weeks and when he did we would have a mature discussion about me joining.”

Draco read the letter, his eyes widening, “Holy fuck. What an asshole.”

Ginny felt herself almost break down crying but she held it back, “I’m so unbelievably mad right now, Malfoy. I have never felt more betrayed by him. I just…” She trailed off as her eyes began to water with tears.
“Hey, hey, hey. Don’t do that, don’t cry!” Draco stammered out. Even if he wasn’t particularly fond of the little Weasley he still hated seeing girls cry. A part of him wanted walk away but the other part wanted to console her.

“Well then just go away. I don’t understand why you’re even wasting your time talking to me about this in the first place. You hate me, I hate you, this is not your problem!” The tears in Ginny’s eyes threatened to spill. She didn’t know why Malfoy wouldn’t leave her alone. She began to turn away from him and head back to her bed and proceed to cry her eyes out when Draco visibly got an idea.

“I know what will cheer you up! Come with me!” Draco insisted and Ginny looked at him skeptically.

“Why do you want to cheer me up?”

Draco rolled his eyes, “Will you stop being so stubborn? Okay, fine, I don’t like seeing you upset, is that such a crime? That doesn’t mean I like you as a person, I just…” Draco struggled to explain himself. He didn’t have a good reason for wanting to cheer Ginny up. Draco wouldn’t even put this much effort into cheering up Rose when she’s upset, “…I just know what will make you feel better and it would be a shame to waste such a good idea. And any opportunity to piss off your stupid boyfriend by spending time with his girlfriend is a great opportunity.”

Ginny considered it. She didn’t want to go with him but she had to admit she was curious about what Draco Malfoy had up his sleeve. She eventually grudgingly nodded her head and followed him.

They walked together in silence. Draco noticed Ginny was walking several feet behind him, likely to avoid the possibility of people noticing them walking together. Draco didn’t know why but so long as Rose didn’t walk by he didn’t care if people saw them together. Now that he was no longer a death eater he felt like he could potentially get over the feuds between the houses if someone was particularly interesting. And for some reason Ginny had piqued his interest. It disturbed him how often she was on his mind but he found himself drawn to her. Maybe his lack of intelligent friends had finally gotten to him. He had been with Rose for years but he had never had a stimulating conversation like the one he and Ginny had had during their detention. Finally, they had reached their destination.

“Are we going to the room of requirements?” Ginny asked and Draco nodded.

After a moment of Draco in deep thought, wishing for his exact requirement, the large oak door appeared. Ginny followed him inside and gawked at what Draco had conjured. It was a simple room with two large comfortable armchairs facing each other, a fireplace in the corner, and a radio. But that wasn’t what caught Ginny’s attention. There was a table with at least a dozen bottles of fire whiskey.

“Your amazing solution to cheering me up is getting me drunk?” Ginny asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Of course. What else would you do if you’re upset?” Ginny looked skeptically towards Draco, and he asked, “Have you ever been drunk before?”

“Well, Fred and George once got me a bottle of Firewhiskey. I secretly drank it in my bedroom at the Burrow but it just made me kind of sleepy…” She looked at the bottles nervously, “Won’t your girlfriend get mad if you’re gone all day? I mean, it’s 3pm on a Saturday…don’t you have plans?”

Draco shrugged his shoulders, “Meh. She will survive. Besides, we have plans tomorrow…” Draco suddenly remembered their plans to go to Paris tomorrow. Most people would be excited about such a grand trip, but then he remembered what caused him to make the plans in the first place and shuddered. He couldn’t believe he was actually going to get drunk with Weasley even after muttering her name while being intimate with Rose.

“Well, okay. I guess I can have a few drinks…” Ginny said warily. Draco poured the two of them a glass each. Ginny grabbed it and inspected the drink before turning to Draco. “Cheers.” She said and took a gulp of the liquid and felt it warm her throat.


Two hours later the room was filled with loud rock music from the band Weird Sisters emerging from the radio.

OH MY GOD, I LOVE THIS SONG!” Ginny shouted with great enthusiasm. Her face was flushed and she was walking around frantically, “Seriously, Draco. The lead guitarist in this band is so fucking hot. You don’t even want to know the things I would do to him.”

Draco cackled at Ginny’s slurred, inappropriate speech. The two of them had been talking animatedly for two hours, sharing stories from their past and joking around. Draco couldn’t believe how much fun he was having with the drunk girl in front of him. He thought she was absolutely hilarious; watching her go from furious at Potter to strutting around announcing her celebrity crushes.

“Draco, how are you not as drunk as I am? We’ve been drinking the same amount!” She asked in amazement.

“Well, for starters, you are a foot shorter than me and I must weigh twice as much as you.” Draco stated, chuckling.

“Why aren’t people always drunk? You were right, this did help…this is fun!” She said, her volume being much louder than it usually is. She drooped into her comfortable armchair. The buttons of her white blouse began to unbutton without her noticing, revealing some of her cleavage and midriff, and her pleated grey skirt rode up her thigh. Draco was trying his hardest not to stare…but it was difficult. He found her so attractive right then. Not only was she beautiful but she was the first girl who has ever made him laugh as hard as he had been.

“I think it’s that logic that develops alcoholism,” He laughed, “So you’re feeling a little better then?”

“Absolutely! Although…”She trailed off in her own thoughts for a second, “I am still fucking pissed at Harry! AND my stupid brother and stupid Hermione!”

“I can’t blame you.”

“I mean, why wouldn’t they want me to go with them? I am smart, funny, and brave…” Ginny stood up and began pacing, “I am a fucking DELIGHT.”

Draco laughed at Ginny, who was elaborately waving her hands in the air. He loved seeing her be so honest. It was a refreshing change from most of the people in the school. “Yes, Ginny, you’re a delight.”

“You know what else really makes me mad?” She was really getting heated now, “It makes me mad how Ron and Hermione were so quick to lie with Harry and go behind my back. Literally all my friends disregarded my feelings entirely! It is becoming painstakingly obvious that I have no real friends. I mean, look at us! I am stuck ranting to Draco fucking Malfoy, of all people, because I have no real friends! And we aren’t friends, are we?”

Draco scoffed, “No!” even though he wasn’t sure if that was true anymore.

“Exactly! That’s so messed up! Literally, the person whose company I’m beginning to enjoy the most isn’t even my friend. Two months ago, I couldn’t even imagine being angry at the three of them and now I feel like I’m constantly mad!”

“I think they’re nuts for not treating you with more respect. You’re twice the person any of them will ever be. And that Potter really needs to get his act together otherwise he’s going to lose the only quality girl that’ll put up with his shit.” Draco noticed Ginny blush at his compliment which caused his heart to skip a beat. He didn’t even think twice before saying it. But he knew that he liked hearing her say she was beginning to enjoy her company.

Ginny plopped back down onto the couch. “Arrrgh…” She put her face into her hands,

“What am I going to do about Harry?”

Draco wasn’t sure if this was a rhetorical question but he chose to respond with a question that had been bothering him all night.

“Well, do you love him?”

Ginny peered through her fingertips, “Yes. I mean, I think so. I hate him right now. But people go through rough patches, right?” Draco shrugged his shoulders in response, “I mean…do you love Rose? You two fight sometimes, right?”

Draco sighed and knew he shouldn’t be honest with her about this topic, but he also felt full disclosure was the theme of the night. Plus, the Firewhiskey was beginning to impair his ability to make good decisions. “No. I don’t love Rose.”

“But you two have been together for years? Why are you with her if you don’t love her?”

“Because we have to get married once we turn 18”

Ginny nearly spat out her drink, “You two are ENGAGED?”

“Sort of. We have been arranged to get married since before we were born. We are both attracted to each other and don’t mind one another’s company too much so we figured we would start dating a few years ago,” Draco felt a little depressed describing his relationship out loud, “But there never has been or never will be a part of me that is in love with her. Please never tell anyone any of this.”

Ginny sat there taking everything in, “Wow…”. She felt a little weird hearing this. It was a combination of sadness for Draco, a little jealousy, but mostly a little nausea from the alcohol and emotional discussion. It was silence for a minute when she spoke again quietly, “I don’t think I’ve ever been in love…I don’t think I love Harry. I think I just love the idea of our lives together.”

Draco looked at Ginny, who’s face transformed into sadness. He knew how discouraging the feeling of realizing you don’t love your partner is especially when there’s outside pressures forcing you to be together. The empathy inside of his chest grew and he felt the overwhelming desire to comfort the adorable girl in front of him. He reached out hand and gently put his hand on her knee. It wasn’t much, but for Draco, it was one of the warmest things he’s done in a while. Ginny looked into his eyes and smiled. They sat there in peaceful silence. Ginny silently mused about how her and Harry never had these peaceful, silent, comfortable moments.

“Draco…?” Ginny asked, staring deep into his eyes.

Draco gulped. “Yes, Ginny?”

“Do you want to go for a walk!?” Instantly Ginny’s drunkenness reappeared, her energy returning to how it was before they began discussing relationships, “I feel like doing something crazy!”

Draco just chuckled and removed his hand from her lap, “As much as I would love to I think I need to get to bed. Rose and I are actually going to Paris tomorrow morning for a couple of nights.”

“You’re going to PARIS?” Ginny’s stomach filled with jealousy, “Harry would never take me to Paris!” She pouted. She was unsure if she was jealous of Draco and Rose having the opportunity to go to Paris or jealous of Rose for getting to spend time with Draco in the romantic city of Paris. The feeling made her nausea worse.

“One day you’ll get your Paris trip. Hopefully Potter knows you deserve it.”

“Doubt it. Anything that isn’t about saving the world isn’t worth it.” Ginny rolled her eyes, “Anyways, yes, I should probably head to bed as well. I’m beginning to see three of you.”

Ginny stood up and instantly stumbled over her feet.

“Are you going to be alright making it to your dorm?”

“Yes, yes. I might sneak into the kitchens to get a snack. I completely forgot about supper!” Ginny looked down at her growling stomach, “No wonder why I’m so drunk!”

Draco chuckled, “Yeah, it has nothing to do with the 12 drinks you had tonight!”

The two of them chuckled and walked towards the door together. Upon reaching it they faced and awkward dilemma. How do they part ways after this amazing night? Do they scowl at each other and joke about each other’s bad company? Draco was relieved when Ginny spoke up.

“Draco, I really can’t thank you enough for this,” She smiled up at him. Her red hair fell into her brown eyes and her freckles danced around her nose, “I know we aren’t friends…but I had a lot of fun tonight. Maybe we can do it again sometime?”

Draco smiled, “Absolutely. I didn’t think drinking with a Weasley could be so fun.”

“Umm…”Ginny shifted uncomfortably, “I know I’m drunk but like…can I hug you?”

Draco’s face fell into a scared expression. He wasn’t sure if he was prepared to hug this girl who he’s felt such a strong attraction towards all night. But his body moved faster than his mind and before he knew it he pulled her into his embrace. She wrapped her arms around his waist and he felt her breasts pressed onto his chest, but he hardly noticed. He was more focussed on how sweet her hair smelled and how perfectly she felt against his body. Without thinking he lightly ran his hands through her crimson hair. Despite being in a long-term relationship, this was the single most intimate moment Draco had ever experienced. After a moment, he gently whispered, “Goodnight, Ginny.” And pulled away from her. Her cheeks were pink.

“I kind of like it when we use each other’s first names.” She said sheepishly.

“Me too,” He admitted, “Have a safe walk home.”

“You too, Draco!” and they parted ways. Before they were too far away Ginny called out, “Have fun in Paris!”

Draco stumbled back into his dormitory to find Rose frantically packing her bags. When she noticed Draco her face was simultaneously filled with relief and anger.

“THERE YOU ARE!” She shouted, “Where have you been!? Have you even began packing? …Are you drunk!?”

Draco’s head instantly started pounding. Why had he arranged this trip tomorrow? More importantly—Why had he decided to drink so much? He was already dreading his inevitable hangover. He fell into his bed and grumbled, “I’m a little drunk, I’ll pack tomorrow.” He just wanted to go to sleep…

“Who the hell were you drinking with? Crabbe and Goyle were here all night looking for you!”

“Just myself.” He muttered, knowing Rose would freak out more than Potter if she knew the truth. He decided to give an attempt to butter her up, “Can’t wait for Paris, baby. I have a great day planned…” He was fighting off sleep, but sleep was beginning to win.

Draco’s reply seemed to satisfy Rose because she crawled into his bed and wrapped her arms around his waist, “I can’t wait either, baby. It’s going to be so nice spending some quality time together.”

“Mmm…Love you baby…” Draco said sleepily. He knew he sounded more sincere than usual while saying that and he knew it was because he was imagining Ginny’s arms around him. He couldn’t stop thinking about his hug with her and how much he longed for her to be in his bed. And with that he pulled Rose closer into his embrace and sweetly kissed the top of her head, picturing that it was a head full of red hair that he was kissing, and slipped into a deep sleep where he dreamt about being back in the room of requirements with Ginny.
Sign up to rate and review this story