Categories > Games > Pokemon > (Ferriswheelshipping) Awakened Emotions

Chapter 9

by eremika0000 0 reviews

Chapter 9 of Awakened Emotions!

Category: Pokemon - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2017-08-12 - 3756 words

0Unrated
Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter! I hope you guys enjoy!

The dizziness overwhelms N as his vision clouds up more. His legs give out, sending him falling towards the ground. The last thing he hears is White's concerned cry as he lands on the grass, his vision fading to black as his conscious slips away from him.

White had felt the sudden strong tug on her hand, which nearly sent her falling towards the ground as well. She spins around to find that N had fallen over, passed out in the middle of the grass patch.

"N!"

She falls to her knees, quickly shaking his shoulders to see if he was alright. He wasn't moving, and the only thing that seemed to move was his green hair as she shook him back and forth.

Frantically, she presses her ear to his chest, making sure he was still breathing. His breaths were shallow, but still there nonetheless.

She anxiously runs her hands through her hair, not knowing how to help him. She knew that they were too far from any sort of hospital, and she knew she didn't have any way to get him to one, even with the help of her Pokemon. None of her Pokemon were big enough to carry both of them, except perhaps Zekrom. However, there was no room in this crowded forest to call him in. Her mind quickly goes through all the possibilities that she could do to help him, but she found none that would work since he was unconscious.

I can't use Zekrom… I definitely can't carry him, and I only have 2 Pokemon that could fly. I could put N on Zekrom and I could ride Braviary… But there's no room to call out Zekrom any where near here! Both of us wouldn't fit on Braviary… What do I do! I'm going to have to do the best I can to take care of him here.

With her hands shaking, she puts her hand upon N's forehead to check if he had any sort of fever. She gasps, his forehead feeling incredibly hot. His face was flushed as well. A frown grows upon her face.

He has a bad fever… How long has he had it? It wouldn't make sense for it to surface only now when it is this bad. He must have had the fever for a while. How did I not notice? Why didn't he tell me? He must have been pushing himself too hard while trying to help me.

White strokes the green hairs framing his face, sadness and guilt overwhelming her. She didn't like seeing N so sick, and she definitely hated that she could hardly do anything about it. She also knew it was probably her fault he was like this, which only made her feel even worse.

I'll have to get him comfy first. I should also make him something healthy to eat. Maybe something like soup would be good for a cold. It's a good thing I have a crap ton of supplies in my bag.

She brings out her sleeping bag, setting it up on the ground next to N. She gently rolls him onto the bag, feeling bad that she had to be so rough with him. However, he would probably thank her later for getting to sleep in a sleeping bag rather than on the grass. She covers him with one of her small blankets from the bag, tucking it over his chest.

Even through all of this commotion, N still hadn't stirred. Growing more worried, she quickly gets to her next task. She digs through her bag, trying to find the cooking supplies she had packed somewhere at the bottom of the huge thing. She finally finds her small cooking kit. It included a fire starter, a small pot, a bowl, a plate, a spoon, and a fork.

Looks like I'll be cooking old style today. Now where are my canned foods? I know I brought a few just in case...

With a little backward glance at the sickly N to make sure he was still okay, she digs farther into the bag and pulls out canned chicken noodle soup.

Now for the hard part, making a fire.

She sets out all the cooking supplies, then stands up again to check up on N once more. He was still fine, but his breathing was becoming more labored as time went on. She ruffles his green hair, making a silent promise to herself that she was going to help him get better as best as she could.

White forages around the surrounding area, looking for sticks and rocks she could use to make a small fire. This was an easy task, given they were in the middle of the forest. She comes back a few moments later to their little camp with big handfuls of little rocks and sticks. She lines the rocks in a circle, not wanting to start a forest fire once she got this little fire going. She piles the sticks into the circle of rocks, stacking them up against each other as best she could. It was growing harder to see now, since the sun was setting and the thick canopy of leaves overhead blocked out much of the remaining light from the decaying daytime.

She takes out her lighter, flicking the switch on the twigs and starting a small flame. A grin spreads across her face as her plans work. The twigs catch fire, creating a small controlled fire that stayed within her circle of rocks.

White sets up the cooking stand over the fire, setting up the pot on top of it. The process took longer than expected, since the cooking stand kept falling over. By now, nearly an hour had passed since N had blacked out. She hoped that the soup she was making would somehow help him. After the cooking stand was set up, she puts the pot onto it and pours in the chicken noodle soup, stirring it around with the fork. After that was done, she stands up, dusting off her hands. It would be a little while before the soup would be ready, so she wanted to use that time to help out N more.

She crawls back over to the sleeping bag he was laying in. She rests her hand upon his forehead again. It was still very warm. His breathing had stabilized a little, but she felt bad that he seemed so feverish. An idea formulates in her mind as she pulls out a rag and her water bottle from her bag. She dumps the cold water onto the rag, folding it and putting it onto N's forehead.

This should help him feel better, at least.

She swears she sees a tiny grin form onto his face as she places the cold rag onto his forehead. He stirs in his slumber, making a little grunt of approval as he breathes out heavily. His tongue lolls out of his mouth randomly, causing White to giggle a bit.

He must smell the soup…

White heads back over to the pot, stirring the soup again as the smell wafts into her nose. It smelled delicious. White decided that she was going to have a little soup as well. She was glad the can made more than enough for two people. She pours the mass majority of the soup into the big bowl for N, making sure he got most of the chicken in the soup too. Since she only had a bowl and plate in her food kit, she dug out a few remaining scraps of chicken at the bottom of the pot and used the soup as a sort of gravy for the chicken on her plate.

She crawls over to N, bringing the bowl full of soup with her. She notices N's nose twitching. He breathes in heavily, his cloudy blue eyes slowly opening. The first thing he sees is White's concerned face leaning over him. Her face awfully close to his own, causing him to blush. He felt shy that she was so close and looming over him like that.

"N, are you okay? How do you feel?" She demands.

N smiles dreamily, still only being half awake. "I feel a little tired, but I'm okay." His blue eyes open a little wider as his mind begins to wake up a bit more. "Wait… What happened? Why am I laying down?" He starts looking around frantically, extremely confused and disorientated. Last time he had seen, it was bright outside.

"You passed out, so I took care of you." She says.

A smile grows upon his face. She took care of me? She is so kind...

White suddenly leans forward, her chest moving directly in front of his vision. He blushes again. "White, what are you doing?" Although N definitely didn't mind. She moves the rag off his forehead and presses her palm to it, checking his temperature. "I'm seeing if you still have a fever. It seems you're still pretty warm, so you should have the soup I made for you!"

Although White didn't want to admit it, she wasn't the best at cooking, since she usually just ended up eating at restaurants or eating little snacks while traveling. She was proud that the soup she had made at least looked edible. She hoped N would like it.

With a big grin, White grabs the soup bowl and hands it back to him. He takes the bowl in wonder, staring at it with wide eyes. He felt so loved and special, since no one had ever made food for him before. When at the castle, he had always been left alone to take care of himself. He had always made his own food. Without noticing it, a tear slips out of his eye, rolling down his cheek. Various feelings of joy and warmth flows inside him. He finds both his eyes tearing up as he takes a bite out of his first home made meal. Delicious flavors flow through his mouth and he revels in the taste of the meal White had made just for him.

White notices his tears and leans forward, incredibly upset that he was crying. "What's wrong N? Oh, I bet the food tastes bad… I'm sorry, you don't have to eat it. We can go buy something at the city." She looks down, ashamed at her cooking skills.

N furiously shakes his head, not knowing how to convey to her that she had moved him to the point of tears. However, he was still chewing. He didn't want to see her upset for a moment longer. Chewing the chicken would take at least a few moments more, and he wanted that sad expression of hers to be gone. He sets down the bowl for a moment and makes various crazy hand motions and approving mumbles, trying to show her that he loved what she had done for him.

This is definitely delicious! But I'm not crying, am I?

N feels the wetness on his cheeks, and is a bit puzzled at himself.

Why am I crying? I'm so happy right now… Oh, I remember that sometimes people cry when they are very happy. They don't just cry when they are sad. This has never happened to me before…

He quickly swallows the remainder of his food. Leaning forward towards White, he grabs her small shoulders. "No, White, that's not it! The food is amazing, it tastes very good! I was just so happy that you made it just for me..."

Her heart soars as she takes in his praise. Her cheeks heat up as she takes in his close proximity. They both stare eye to eye for a few moments, both unable to look away. With their hearts beating fast, White feels a sudden urge growing in her chest. Without thinking, she quickly leans forward, planting a small kiss upon his cheek. N gasps, quickly bringing his hand up to his cheek that had been kissed in amazement. His eyes were wide and his face was flushed. He found himself at a loss for words from that little kiss on his cheek. The only thought he was able to formulate in his mind was of how soft her lips were and how much he wanted her to kiss him again.

White blushes deeper, not believing she had just kissed his cheek. She couldn't find a reason in her mind why she had just done such a thing. She had only done it because it felt right in the moment. Inching away in embarrassment, she hands the soup bowl back to N, avoiding his gaze. "Finish up your soup, N. It will help you get better."

N complies, taking the soup bowl back with his expression still dumbfounded. He takes another mouthful of his delicious soup. He nearly drops the bowl because his hands were shaking so badly. White kissing him had truly shaken him to his core and he didn't know what to do now.

Minutes pass in awkward silence as the pair eat their meals back to back, not looking each other in the eye. Although they didn't speak, both of their minds were on the same thing. The kiss White had given N on the cheek only a few moments before.

After finishing eating, they both put away their dishes back into the food kit. White decides to break the silence between them. "We should get to sleep, N..." As if to cement her statement, the night breeze blows past them, causing her to shiver.

N nods, pulling out his own sleeping bag to sleep in from his bag. Guiltily, he notices he had been laying on White's sleeping bag, which she had pulled out and set up just for him. He also notices that his own sleeping bag was much higher quality, being made of much thicker fabric that would obviously keep someone much warmer than White's sleeping bag.

Seeing White's shivering shoulders, N decides what he is going to do. He hands over his bundled sleeping bag to White. "My sleeping bag is thicker, so you should sleep with it tonight. You look very cold."

White huffs, crossing her arms and hoping she would stop shivering. She didn't want to worry N. She thought he probably needed the sleeping bag for the breezy cold night more than her anyways, since he was sick. "I'm fine, N. I'll be all good once I get in the sleeping bag… Plus, you're sick, so you should have the better sleeping bag. Plus, it's your sleeping bag anyways.

N didn't want to see her shivering all night. "White, please take my sleeping bag. I'll be fine."

She shakes her head furiously back and forth. "No, I'll be fine. Now get your rest, you need it." She playfully ruffles his green hair, pushing his sleeping bag back into his hands.

N sighs, knowing it was useless to argue with White. She had always been so stubborn. He sets up his sleeping bag only a few inches away from hers, crawling under the covers of the bag as she crawls under her own covers as well.

Once under the covers, White didn't want to admit that being in her cheap flimsy sleeping bag wasn't much better than just standing out in the open breeze. She didn't want N to make a fuss, so she tried to keep her teeth chattering quiet. She didn't want him to become more sick. She knew that if he found she was still cold, he would insist again on trading sleeping bags.

Meanwhile, N wasn't doing much better. His forehead was incredibly hot, but he still found the other parts of his body to be quite chilled. He didn't even think of complaining, though. He was already currently feeling guilty about using the better sleeping bag. However, he knew arguing with her further wouldn't solve anything.

They lay there for a while, only a few inches apart, staring up at what little stars they could see through the thick leaves of the trees overhead. N's mind begins to travel places. He finds himself thinking of what had happened at the castle only a few days before.

"Thank you, White. For taking care of me while I was sick… That was the nicest thing someone has ever done for me."

White smiles to herself, feeling warm and fuzzy on the inside. "You're welcome, N."

"Also, thank you for showing me that humans and Pokemon truly belong together."

Surprised by the sudden topic change, White turns on her side to face N. She was surprised that N had already changed his opinions on people and Pokemon, even though their final battle had taken place only a few days before. "You're welcome. But have you already changed your mind on people and Pokemon?"

N turns on his side as well, facing White from a few inches away bundled in his own sleeping bag. "I foolishly assumed that all Pokemon hated people. I think somewhere along the way of my journey outside the castle, I had noticed that many Pokemon were happy with their trainers. I just didn't want to believe it. It was easier for my naive mind to cling to what I had grown up seeing, which were abused Pokemon. I am truly selfish. It was you and your Pokemon that always made me doubt my ideals. You always seemed so happy together with them..."

White reaches out towards him, finding his hand and lacing her fingers through his. "It's not your fault, N. You can blame Ghetsis for trying to manipulate your viewpoint and surroundings. I think if I was put in the same position as you, I probably would have believed the same as you did. It's horrible when trainers abuse their Pokemon.." White squeezes N's hand a little tighter.

N takes comfort with her small hand within his own. "It makes me happy that you think that, White. But truly, I don't even deserve to be here with you. I nearly ruined everything between Pokemon and humans just because of my naivety. I thought I would make Pokemon happy, but eventually I would have learned that many Pokemon would be heartbroken to be separated from their trainers..."

She squeezes his hand again. "It's okay, N. You were just manipulated. Your heart was in the right place, you truly care for Pokemon. You more than deserve to be here next to me. You are an amazing and kind person." She wanted to say more, but she holds back her voice and tries to steady her teeth, since they were violently chattering from the cold. N notices, beginning to feel more guilty. He finds himself inching towards White, wanting to comfort her and keep her warm. He drags his sleeping bag with him until their sleeping bags are slightly overlapping. N pulls the covers of his thick sleeping bag over the two of them, which was a bit difficult since it was only made for one person. He ends up having to inch even closer to White until their shoulders touch.

However, White didn't object to him coming closer. She was freezing and N's presence at her side was very comforting. She eagerly inches even closer towards him, their bodies touching even more. Since he was much taller, she was snuggled up against his chest. He looks down at her, a little smile upon his face. "You looked cold, so I thought we could stay warm together." With his heart beating so fast, he found it amazing that he was able to make his sentence sound so steady.

Blushing, White muffles her face into his black sweater. "Thank you." She murmurs.

As they lay there in silence for a few more moments, both too nervous to fall asleep, N finds himself thinking of the kiss again.

I wish she would kiss my cheek again… It felt so nice… It was so soft and warm. N strokes his cheek where she had kissed him earlier.

He begins to consider asking White to kiss his cheek again, but his cheeks flush as his mind instantly dismisses the idea. He thought it would make White uncomfortable. However, his mind continues to replay the situation again and again. His hands begin to shake in nervousness as he considers asking her to kiss him again. His heart felt like it was going to explode.

White feels N trembling. She hopes he is not cold. "N, are you okay?"

"White… Will you..." N murmurs, barely understandable even though White was laying next to him.

"Will I what?"

"Will you… Will you please kiss my cheek again?"

She gasps at his sudden request, her heart picking up in speed even faster than it was before. Although she had to admit, she had enjoyed the little kiss between them earlier as well. It didn't take her much thinking before she decides. However, their situation wasn't exactly optimal for her to kiss his cheek. They were currently both laying on their sides with White's head against his chest. She wraps her arms around his back, pulling herself up towards his face. Her chest molds against his as she brings her face up to his. N finds himself thinking about her breasts again as they squish against his chest.

White quickly presses her lips to his cheek, then leans over and presses her lips to his other cheek. She quickly retreats back under the covers, hiding with her head against his chest again. Her heart was thudding at what felt like a million miles an hour. She felt like she was going to go crazy.

Meanwhile, N was in heaven. He had expected her to decline his offer, or kiss only one cheek if he was lucky. However, she had kissed both! He felt like he had just won the lottery. A big smile grows upon his face. Despite being nervous and embarrassed, he found his voice again. "Thank you, White. Sleep well..."

The two stop conversing, but are unable to finds sleep for a long time because of the nervousness between them. However, sleep eventually comes, and soon the pair are sleeping with White's head upon his chest and his arms around her back.

This was a pretty long chapter for me, I hope you guys enjoy! Please review, it means a lot and gives me motivation! Anyways, please stay tuned for the next chapter!
Sign up to rate and review this story