Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

Guests In An Upside Down Realm

by story_master 3 reviews

The heroes world gets turned upside down, literally. ( the story's better than the review.)

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-09-12 - Updated: 2006-09-13 - 1529 words

2Exciting
Tory:Hi. I've managed to catch the ferrets' leader and now they work for me.
Ferrets: Yes. It is true. We work for her. We just want to say that she does not own class of the titans. But she does own all stories written by her. and us.
Tory: Yes. So on with the story. Things may be a little happier now that I'm back in charge.


The three remaining heroes stood, too shocked to move. Too shocked to even breathe. They didn't know what to do. They were looking down at the shreaded remains of their closest friends. The were frozen. If someone were to walk by they would have thought it was a wax museum or something, that's how still everything was. The silence was broken by a slurping sound. The three heroes snapped out of their shocked states and looked around.

" What's that noise?" Odie asked as he turned to Herry and Neil.

" I don't know." Herry replied as he started to walk.

Herry was facing Neil and Odie who once again had a look of shock on their faces.

" What?" Herry asked with a shaky voice.

The other two couldn't reply. They couldn't find the words to explain what they saw. Finally Neil lifted a shaky hand and pointed behind Herry. Herry slowly turned and his mouth dropped open. He was looking at their four friends.

" But but... that's im... impossible." Odie stuttered.

" Help us." Theresa begged her eyes wide with fear.

The three heroes just backed away. Because even though they thought they were staring at their friends, they knew that their friends weren't made of liquid metal. Theresa, Jay, Atlanta and Archie stood there and they looked like moving metal statues. Then they heard a groan. This caused the room once more to freeze. Everyone and thing looked towards the source of the problem. They saw a piece of the broken wall move. They held their breathe as something emerged from the pile of rubble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" This isn't good. They defeated your creations. What are we going to do?" the mystery person asked.

" They're not defeated yet. As long as they are in my Shadow Realm I will have the advantage. I control everything." Umbra Dominus said. Then he spoke some latin and greek words.

" Let's see them defeat my little pets now." he laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly the ground started to shake and everyone fell to the ground. The Realm turned upside down. The three heroes, and the look alikes, fell. They hit the ground hard. Everything was foggy now and you couldn't see two feet in front of you. There was some light but very little. Herry, Odie and Neil rose and ran. They didn't want to face whatever was back there. They stopped suddenly when they saw what looked like four giant shadows fly overhead.

" What is this place?" Herry asked as they continued to find their friends.

" I'm not sure. But I have a feeling we don't want to find out." Odie replied.

They ran down a hall that was at the end of the giant room. There was a little more light there, but not much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theresa groaned as she pushed a large piece of the wall off her. She struggled to stand up but couldn't. Then she heard someone else. It sounded like... it might be... it was! She waited for her eyes to adjust to the dim light and then she saw Jay. Since she couldn't stand she dragged herself across the floor and found him laying unconsious.

" Jay. Jay. Wake up." she nudged him softly.

Then she pushed some chunks of wall and tile off him and turned him onto his back. She shook him a little harder this time.

" Jay. Jay. Wake up. Please wake up." she said.

She pulled herself up so she was sitting and layed his head in her lap. Her was bleeding pretty badly. She could feel a puddle of blood on the floor. She ripped one of the tapestries that was lying near her and used the fabric for bandages. After a few minutes her and Jay were both fully bandaged. He moaned in apin and his eyes shot open.

" Jay!" Theresa said , joy in her voice despite the situation they were in.

" Theresa?" he asked, his voice cracked.

He stood up slowly and in a lot of pain, then helped Theresa up. She had her arm around his shoulder and he had his arm around her waist to keep the other from falling. Theresa had badly injured her left ankle and she couldn't walk on it. Jay was injured pretty much all over but he stayed strong for Theresa. They had been walking around for hours when the ground just suddenly disappeared beneath Theresa. This took them both by surprise and they fell to the ground. Theresa was sliding off the part of the ground that hadn't disappeared. Jay held onto her arm and hand as tight as he could. He wasn't going to let her go, no matter what.

" Jay! I'm slipping." she said as their hands slid apart.

" Hold on." he replied as he reached his other hand out for hers.

Now they only held on by their fingers. Theresa let out a gasp of surprise as her hand slipped away from his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archie awoke to find him self laying on top of a pile of broken rocks and tapestries. He groaned as he rolled off the pile. He pushed himself up and looked around. It was foggy and dark so it was hard for him to see. He heard something whirl past his ear and turned to face it. Nothing there. ' Great now not only am I in some freaky place but I'm losing my mind too.' he thought sarcastically as he walked.

" Atlanta? Theresa? Jay? Odie? Neil? Herry? Anyone?" he cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled.

The only answer he got was his echo. He sighed and continued walking. To where? He didn't know. All he did know was he didn't want to stand around and wait for those things to come back again. He rubbed his shoulder. ' That explosion really killed my shoulder.' he thought. Then he tripped over something. He felt around to see what it was. He felt an arm and a familiar bracelet. A feeling of dread came over him. He thought the worst. That he was the only surviver of the explosion. But he moved his hand along the arm and it met an elbow. He continued and sighed as he discovered it wasn't an arm but it was someone else.

" Atlanta?" he asked, softly nudging the person.

" mmmm......" came the reply.

" Atlanta!" he was suddenly overjoyed. ' She's alive.' he thought happily.

" Archie?" she asked adn coughed a few times.

He helped her up. She was in relatively good condition, considering what had just happened. The two walked together for quite some time. Then the Realm turned upside down, again. They went flying and hit the new floor hard. It must've been a thirty foot drop. They groaned and got back up. The fall had sen a surge of pain through both their bodies. They staggered a bit but then regained their balance. Atlanta and Archie continued to walk once more. Then they heard familiar voices. It was Odie, Herry and Neil.

" ... Man I do not want to know what those things were." the two teens caught the last part of Odie's rant.

" Herry. Neil. Odie." Archie and Atlanta said at the same time.

Their three friends just looked at them. They were tryin got figure out if Atlanta and Archie were more of THOSE things fromthe other room. Then Odie spoke.

" Man. We're glad to see you guys." he said.

Archie and Atlanta let go of the breathes that they had been holding during the silence.

" It's good to see you guys too." Archie replied.

" We thought you guys were... dead." Herry said as they started to walk.

" Dead? Why?" Atlanta asked.

" Well we went around this corner and there was destruction and blood. Then we found your bodies." Neil explained.

" Well it wasn't us. We got far enough away from the explosion so that we didn't get killed." Atlanta said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" That's it keep walking. It doesn't matter where you go. Every step will take you closer to your doom." Umbra Dominus cackled.

" Shall I go greet are new guests father?" the mystery person asked, an evil smirk spread across his face.

" Yes. I think we should give them a proper welcoming." was the answer.

There were many laughs before the mystery person disappeared.
~*~

Who is this mystery person? What happened to Theresa? What sort of dirty tricks do the Umbra Dominus and his son have in store for the heroes? You'll have to read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Hope you liked this chapter. I thought I'd through in some more twists and surprises so I hope you've enjoyed them. This story still has many chapters left to go. There will be plenty of J/T and A/A added starting with the next chapter. Please R+R. Constructive critism is also welcome.^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story