Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

4.4

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-23 - 3727 words - Complete

0Unrated
(4.4)

WONDER

"/Since day one."/

The girls made their way out of the building and saw a familiar face waiting by his car in the parking lot.

Neji was leaning on the hood of his white compact minivan, with his arms crossed. His hair was tied in a ponytail and he wore a plain white three quarter shirt, acid-wash denim jeans and a pair of brogues.

"Took you long enough.", he told the approaching brunette.

"Sorry. We got held up by the staff wondering why some men were running frantically away from the booth we were just in.", Tenten explained.

"And how did that turn out?"

"They asked for our names but after we gave it they were suddenly polite and more than eager to let us leave."

"You were here all along?!", Ino noted. "Did you see those boys running out of the place?"

"Yes. They seemed very scared. Most of them appeared to be in pain."

"Really? Why didn't you check on us? What if something bad was happening in there?", Tenten asked him.

"I got out of the car as soon as I saw the commotion.", he stated.

"So why didn't you come in?"

"I was about to, but then I saw the next group of boys ran out. They were all naked. So I decided; Nope! I don't wanna know.", Neji reasoned.

Tenten punched him in the arm. "You left me on my own because of naked boys?! Hinata was in there with me too!"

"Whoah!" Neji caught the next punch before it landed and pulled Tenten close. "You made that sound really weird."

Tenten struggled out of his hold. "What if I was in trouble in there?!"

"I would know if you were in trouble.", he assured her and Tenten stopped struggling. "I see and feel you even though you're far away. I would know if you were really in danger. If you were hurt, then I'd run to you even if it means going inside a place full of naked men."

"Come on, Tenten.", Temari yelled at her. "Stop acting like you were a helpless damsel in distress. You totally kicked ass back there."

Tenten glared at her then returned to look at Neji. "Was that supposed to sound romantic?!", Tenten mocked his gesture but he didn't get offended one bit.

Neji just enjoyed the fact that he held Tenten close and they were staring into each other's eyes.

Tenten finally gave in and smiled at him. She snuggled into his embrace and was about to kiss him when-

"Oh my go-! Get a room!", said Ino.

The couple turned to look at the other girls. Hinata was blushing and very happy for the both of them. Karin was fixing her eyeglasses in place looking very amused while the rest was grinning and giving them meaningful looks.

Tenten push herself away from Neji who finally move from his position. Then she stuck her tongue out towards the other girls.

With a smirk plastered on his face, Neji made a move to get into his car. "Come on. I'll give you girls a ride.", he offered.

.

.

.

Sasuke and Naruto stood in surprise outside the hospital. They obviously weren't expecting the girls to return by car.

"Karin?", wondered Naruto.

"Why is Shikamaru and Choji here with you?", asked Ino who peeked out of the car after Karin got down.

"Oh, we couldn't decide what to have for dinner between the two of us so I thought we should get a third opinion.", explained Naruto as he turned to Shikamaru and Choji who stood beside him all along.

"They ended up calling me to ask me which taste better. Pizza or noodles.", added Choji.

"We just happened to be in Choji's favorite Bar-B-Q joint then. Long story short, Choji and I just ordered take out and came over-" Shikamaru found himself distracted by Temari who came out of the car after Sakura.

"What?" Temari raised an eyebrow at Shikamaru.

"You look-" Shikamaru was at a loss for words.

Choji and Ino started cooing beside them.

Shikamaru cleared his throat. "Anyway, we already had dinner and now, we were just about to head home."

"What about you guys?", Naruto questioned the girls. "Where did you go? And whose car is this?"

Naruto walked towards the car to take a closer look.

"G-Good evening N-Naruto-kun.", Hinata greeted him as she peeked out of the car.

"Hinata-chan? You were with them too? Did you have a girl's night out or something?"

"Something like that.", said Tenten.

Naruto turned to the girl in the front seat of the car. "Do I know you?"

"What is wrong with all of you?!" Tenten threw her hands in the air.

"Tenten?!" Naruto leaned in closer to make sure. "Sorry. I didn't recognize you. I was surprised. I've never seen you with your hair down before-"

Naruto looked further inside the car and saw the driver. "Neji?"

"Evening." Neji nodded at him. He had one hand on the wheel and one hand resting on the back of Tenten's seat.

"I thought it was a girl's night out?! How come Neji was invited?!", Naruto asked Tenten.

Then his eyes widened in realization. "Oh. Oh!"

Neji's brows drew together. "What?"

"I mean, I had a feeling you were-" Naruto implied. "I always knew- I- I- Don't worry man. I don't judge-"

"Stop right there!", Neji cut him off. "I'm not-" He let go of the wheel and motioned for himself and Tenten. "I'm- We're together."

"Huh?!"

-The four boys wondered in unison. Shikamaru's voice however, was lower and lazier than Naruto's and Choji's while no voice came out of Sakuke's mouth at all.

"I thought Tenten was- And Neji was- You know what? ... You two are perfect for each other.", Naruto concluded.

Tenten scowled as the rest of the girls springs into laugher. She leaned back on her seat and crossed her arms.

"No! I meant that as a compliment!", explained Naruto.

"Whatever Naruto. Thanks anyway.", said Neji. "Looks like... you two made up."

Naruto glanced at Sasuke.

Sasuke had been busy with his phone for a while now. Karin was trying to peek at what he was doing but he was keeping it out of her sight.

Naruto then looked back at Neji with a grin. "Y-Yeah!"

Neji started the engine. "We should be going. Can't keep Hinata outside this late for too long.

See you around." Neji finally smiled at him.

"Oh. Okay. Be careful.", Sakura joined them. "And thanks for coming to help us Tenten."

"Yeah. Sorry we ruined your date.", Ino apologized.

"Oh please!" Tenten's smile returned to her face. "It was hardly a date with Hinata around."

"S-Sorry." Hinata felt guilty.

Tenten grinned back at the girl. "No, Hinata. It's okay. It really wasn't meant to be a date. We invited you remember?"

Then she turned back to Sakura and Ino. "You're lucky we weren't very far when you called."

"Ready?", asked Neji. Then he put his car into gear as soon as Tenten and Hinata nodded at him.

"Bye guys! Stay out of trouble!", yelled Tenten as Neji drove out of the parking lot.

"B-Bye-bye N-Naruto-kun!" Hinta tried to yell.

"Bye Hinata-chan!", Naruto yelled back. "Bye Neji. Tenten."

He waved at them as the car got on the road.

Neji honk his horn once - everyone that was in the parking lot either waved goodbye or gave them quick nods - before driving off.

Ino and Sakura then turned to Temari.

"You too Temari. Thanks for coming." said Ino.

"Sorry you had to leave an important family dinner for us.", Sakura told her.

"Don't worry about it!", Temari assured them. "The dinner was for my older brother and his fiancé. It was a pretty boring event if you asked me. I needed the excuse to get out of that party..." Temari checked her time. "...which is still far from over.

Do you mind if I hang out with you for a bit longer just to pass the time?"

"Sure! Why don't you come over?" Ino thought. "Sakura too?"

"Oh..." Sakura shook his head. "I would love to but I got a text a while ago and my mom wants me home immediately."

"Why?", Ino worried.

"Oh... you know." Sakura blinked towards Sasuke and back at Ino. "I'm still grounded for coming home late that one time.", she whispered.

"Oh."

"Yeah. I'm already passed my curfew. I told them I was just visiting a friend in the hospital so she gave me a consideration but she wants me to come home now."

"Oh!" Ino turned back to Temari. "Can we just walk Sakura to the bus stop before we go to my house?"

"No problem.", answered Temari. "But, what was that all about?"

"I'll tell you all about it later.", It was Ino's turn to whisper.

"Ino-pig!", Sakura called her out.

Ino stuck her tongue out and gave Sakura a peace sign.

"Thanks again Temari. You were a great help back there." Sakura turned to the other blonde girl.

"Don't mention it. It was fun!" Temari smiled at her.

All of a sudden, a phone rings and everyone's attention turned to Karin.

...

"Hello Dad.", Karin answered the call. "Yes. We- We're just outside the hospital... What?!... Okay! ... Okay, okay! ... I'm hanging up. We're on our way."

Karin put her phone away and turned to Naruto with a glare. "Naruto! Dad's home! And he found the mess you made in the kitchen! What happened in there?!"

Naruto flinched. "Uh-oh! I gotta go!" He ran towards the entrance of the hospital and stopped when he was a few steps from the door.

He turned on his heel and yelled. "Call me Teme! Let's hang out sometime! Later guys! Ino! Sakura-chan!"

"Aa."

"Later Naruto!", Choji yelled back.

Naruto grinned at them before disappearing into the building.

"Sakura. Ino. Sorry. My dad's in a foul mood.", said Karin. "Is it okay if you come back for your stuff some other time? I don't think I'll be able to come back out here."

"Okay. We completely understand." said Sakura.

"Don't worry about it.", Ino assured her. "It's not like we're gonna need our school bags anytime soon."

"All right then." Karin smiled at them then turned to Sasuke. "Sasuke-kun."

"Hm?" Sasuke looked up from his phone.

"Come visit us again okay? Next time, I'll make sure to cook something up for you."

Sasuke nodded then returned his attention to his phone.

"Goodnight guys.", Karin excused herself with a smile plastered on her face.

"Goodnight Karin~" Sakura and Ino said in unison.

As Karin was walking through the door, Ino's father was just heading out. They both took a moment to bow to each other before moving on.

"Ino? You're still here." Ino's father called as he moved towards his grey compact car. "What happened to your uniform?"

"It's back at Karin's home. I'll come for it another time.", explained Ino.

"Come on then. Let's head on home.", he instructed as he opened his car door. "Shikamaru and Choji, Ride with us."

"Thank you sir!", said Choji while Shikamaru nodded to him in gratitude.

Ino looked apologetic as she turned to Sakura "Sorry Forehead. I'd offer to give you a lift to the bus stop but all of us won't fit inside dad's small car."

"It's okay. I'll manage."

"Can't be helped." Ino sighed. "Sasuke!", she called him.

Sasuke blinked away from his phone to look at Ino.

"Can you walk her to the bus stop again tonight?"

"Aa." Sasuke nodded and finally put away his phone.

"Don't worry. Sasori's coming home for the summer break. You'll be relieve from your duties soon enough. But thank you for what you've been doing for Sakura all this time."

Ino meant it in a good way but-

Both Sakura and Sasuke stood in awkward silence as Ino turned away from them to introduce Temari to her father.

They watched as Ino had Temari sit between her and Shikamaru in the back of the car while Choji claimed shotgun.

...

The car drove off as Ino yelled. "Call you later Forehead!"

Sakura waved at them until the car was no longer visible.

...

"It really did look good on you."

Sakura's head whipped towards Sasuke. She looked at him wide eyed.

"The- uh..."

"S-Scrubs?"

"The lab coat."

Sakura's mouth was mobile but no sound came out of it as she wasn't sure what to say to that. Finally, she settled for an "Oh."

"And..." Sasuke hesitated for a moment before finishing what he had to say. "...letting your hair down like that suits you best."

"Oh." she responded faster this time.

Sasuke moved his hands as if he wasn't sure what to do with it until he remembered that he was going to put in inside his pocket then he turned around and led the way to the all too familiar bus stop.

Sakura found herself smiling to herself as she tucks some strands of hair behind her ears. She too placed her hands inside the pocket of the red jacket Karin had lent her before following Sasuke.

.

.

.

Sakura kept her gaze at the insects hovering around the fluorescent bulb lighting the shed.

['How many times have we been here like this?']

Sakura and Sasuke occupied the lone bench as they always did - with a space between them wide enough for one person to squeeze in. Sakura rested her neck on the top rail of the backrest of the bench as she was looking up at the light fixture.

"So." Sasuke started the conversation for once, surprising Sakura. "Where exactly did Karin bring you that she had to asked you to change out of your uniform?", asked Sasuke without even turning to face her.

"To a Karaoke bar.", she admitted, also keeping her eyes on the fluorescent bulb. "Where Ami was supposed to meet her boyfriend after he beats you up."

"You confronted her?!"

It was the first time Sakura had heard Sasuke's voice sounding alarmed.

She nodded.

Sakura saw Sasuke appear in her peripheral view as he shot himself up from where he sat. "What was Karin thinking? And why did you go along with it?"

"I... I had to confront her at some point." Sakura finally looked away from the bulb and faced Sasuke. "And Karin created the opportunity to do just that. She had to stop. Whatever problem she had with me, she shouldn't have gotten other people involved. And why didn't you tell me that she was the one who wrote that letter? You could've gotten seriously hurt because of me-"

"Was it just your group and hers?", Sasuke cut her off with his own question.

Sakura shook her head. "There were a bunch of boys there with her-"

She felt Sasuke's hand on hers as he pulled her up to her feet.

"Sa-Sasuke-kun?"

"Are you really okay? Did anyone hurt you?!" Sasuke started inspecting Sakura's body without letting go of her hand.

Sakura felt flustered and pulled herself away from his hold. "I'm fine! None of us got hurt. Temari scared them off. They ran as soon as they learned that she was from the Sabaku clan-"

"But what if that wasn't enough?!", Sasuke snapped, making Sakura flinch.

"What if who she was, hadn't meant anything to them?! What if there was no one there who could stop them from harming any of you?!"

Sakura gaped at Sasuke's concerned look. She was now one hundred percent sure that Sasuke was extremely worried for her sake.

Sasuke rake his fingers through his scalp in frustration. "I'm sorry for yelling.", he told her as he sat back down on the bench.

"N-No! I'm sorry for making you worry.", She told him in a way that assured him she wasn't angry or anything.

Sakura also took her seat again beside him. This time they were closer to each other. "And thank you for your concern. Now that I think about it, I haven't thanked you yet for what you did for me at the library back then. And I'm also really sorry Ami tried to get back at you. Sorry you got into a fight because of me."

Sasuke turned his face away from Sakura. "Don't think anything of it. It's over and done with anyway."

Sakura smiled at Sasuke's obvious bashfulness.

['Don't think anything of it he says. Sheesh! He's the one getting all mad and worried here...

Her eyes landed on the bruise on his cheek.

...even though he's also the one who got himself hurt.']

Sakura sighed.

She leaned forward towards Sasuke. "Still. Thank you Sasuke-kun."

...

Sakura had intended to kiss the bruise on his cheek. NOT, the corners of his lips as he suddenly turned to face her.

Sakura pushed herself off the bench and backed away a few steps, hands on her mouth. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to k-kiss you there! I was gonna tease you by kissing the 'boo-boo' out of your bruise - or something like that!", she claimed.

And realization hit her. "Kiss?! That doesn't really count as a kiss. Right?

"No! No it doesn't", Sasuke was suddenly assuring her. "That definitely doesn't count. I- I would know. I mean-"

The bus arrived and Sakura was just very grateful for its timing.

"That's my bus! I- I gotta go!" She awkwardly walked backwards as she excused herself.

"A-Aa." Sasuke stood up reluctantly then started rubbing his hands on the sides of his pants.

"Well then. Bye. See you later.", bid Sakura before clumsily making her way to the bus.

.

.

.

Sakura got on the bus but instead of finding a window seat adjacent to the shed like she always had, she opted for a seat on the other side of the bus.

She flopped down and shrank into her seat. Sakura slid as low as she could while covering her face with her hands.

['No! This isn't happening!']

Sakura's right hand slid down to her chest. She felt her heart beating so fast.

['Is it because of the kiss?...

She mentally slapped herself.

...No! That wasn't a kiss. We both agreed!']

Then she realized that this wasn't the first time her heart had thumped so loudly because of Sasuke.

['This- I've felt like this before because of him.']

She started counting back the memories of him that made her heart race and pound so loudly.



A few moments ago, when he was checking her for injury...

When he told her that she looked best with her hair down...

Earlier in the day, when he grabbed her from behind in order to cover her eyes...

When she realized she was holding his hand for such a long time.

Every time he picks up her call in the morning...

Multiple times when they were out on that 'friendly' date...

When she ran towards him and ended up embracing him from behind...

When she learned that it was him in front of her door...

That night he had almost reached for her cheeks only for her to slap his hand away...

The brief unintentional moment they stared at each other while holding one another...

The first time she heard him laugh and she turned around to catch him smiling...

Whenever she inhaled his scent...

The moments they shared during her visit to his dormitory...

When he fell on top of her...

The first time he called her 'Sakura'...

In the classroom, As she was staring at him while he was talking about Sasori...

The first time she had a good look at his handsome features...

Their proximity at the library...

When he apologized to her at the infirmary while holding out her bowtie...

Finding herself face to face with him as she opened the door...

Yelling 'Sasuke-kun' at the top of her lungs and watching him stop and turn around looking for her...

When he held his handkerchief to her nose...

Meeting his gaze as she stood outside the hallway as punishment for being late...

The first time she heard his voice...

The first time their eyes met...



Since the day Uchiha Sasuke became a part of her life.

['Since day one.']

Sakura gasped at the realization.

...

/"Sakura can like whoever she likes!..."/

...

/"…Was there ever something that I wanted for myself?"/

...

Sakura squeezed her eyes shut. All she saw was-

['Sasuke. Uchiha Sasuke. _ Haruno Sakura you are so FUCKED!']

END OF FLASHBACK

Sakura turned on her right as she tried to get more comfortable on the couch.

The sound of giggles coming from Ino's bedroom can be heard all the way to the dimly lit living room.

"Stop that!", Ino giggled. "Hey-"

"Shhh! We're gonna wake her up."

"Then don't do that.", Ino whispered. "I said-"

Sakura reached for her smart phone and earphones on the coffee table.

She quickly put the ear speakers on before she could here anymore.

She opened the app and played a random song from her playlist.

The first few notes informed Sakura just what song was playing. She squeezed her eyes shut and pulled her blanket over her head.

.

.

.

/Noir/



I can't control my feelings

I can't control my thoughts

I'm staring at the ceiling

Wondering how I got so caught

You're completely off limits

For more reasons than just one

But I can't stop

You're aware of my existence

But you don't know I'm here

You're the center of attention

You control the atmosphere

You're so busy being busy,

I don't want to interfere

But I can't stop

So I'll remain within your reign

Until my thoughts can travel somewhere new

My mind is blind to everything but you

And I wonder if you wonder about me too

If you were to stop talking

I don't know what I'd do

The future's far less daunting

Walking into it with you

So drink 'til you can't think and

Pretend I'm what you choose

'Cause I can't stop

So I'll remain within your reign

Until my thoughts can travel somewhere new

My mind is blind to everything but you

My mind is blind to everything but you

And I wonder if you wonder about me

So I'll remain within your reign

Until my thoughts can travel somewhere new

My mind is blind to everything but you

And I wonder if you wonder about me too

(WONDER - Lauren Aquilina)



/./

/./

/./

/TBC/
Sign up to rate and review this story