Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

5.2

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-23 - 5026 words - Complete

0Unrated
(5.2)

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

"/I'm sorry for being selfish."/

['…The heck was that?!']

Sakura ended up running into the restroom. Once inside, she approached the lavatory. As soon as she saw her reflection in the vanity mirror, she immediately washed her face in order to cool down her warm cheeks.

['Five more weeks.']

Sakura let the droplets of water fall from her face to the sink.

[Just five more weeks.']

She sighed heavily.

Karin suddenly walked in.

"Sakura?"

"H-Hey Karin?" Sakura slowly raised her head and forced a smile on her face. "Oh, your shift is almost over, right? Are you going to go home now?"

"No.", said Karin. "Kimimaru isn't feeling well so Orochimaru-san sent him home. I'll be staying until Zaku and Kin Tsuchi gets here.

"Zaku and Kin Tsuchi?"

"Yeah. That idiotic white-haired, sharped-toothed boy is also going home early tonight it seems."

"His name is Suigetsu."

"Whatever. So, what were you doing just now? Don't tell me you're tired already? Come on now, Sakura. This whole thing was your idea."

"I'm okay. My face just got itchy because of the make-up Tayuya applied on my face."

"I see."

"Well, I better hurry up.", Sakura took some tissues from the dispenser to wipe her face dry. "Sasuke-kun is talking to Naruto at the moment, right?"

"Yeah.", Karin nodded.

"And we're both in here so Suigetsu is probably going insane, dealing with all of the customers on his own.

"Who cares?!", Karin scoffed.

"Come on now. Don't be like that. He's a co-worker and Sasuke-kun's roommate."

"Fine!", Karin scowled. "But I'm only going to be nice to him during work hours."

"T-That's a start I guess.

['I'm also trying my best here.']

Oh, well. I'll go ahead first." Sakura threw the tissues into the trash bin then went her way.

.

.

.

-Two hours later-

"Urgh~ I'm beat!", Sakura slammed her forehead on the table. "My feet hurt from standing up for so long."

['What was I thinking?!']

She glanced at Karin who was sitting opposite her on the table. She was touching up her make-up.

"Wow Karin! You're amazing! How can you not be tired after four hours of running around here and there, waiting on people?"

"This is nothing compared to a hectic day in the hospital."

"…You're right, I supposed." Sakura raised her head.

"But, it is remarkable how everyone else here can work until three am. So this is why Sasuke-kun is often unable to come to school in the morning."

Sakura weakly nodded. "No wonder he got sick when I made him come to school regularly."

"Good work the two of you.", Orochimaru greeted them as he went inside the break room.

"Orochimaru-san~"

"Not bad for your first day of work.", he added.

'Thank you." / "Thanks."

"Here, have something to eat and drink before you go home."

Tayuya was behind Orochimaru carrying a tray with her. She served Sakura and Karin tea.

Soon, Suigetsu joined them. "Zaku and Kin Tsuchi are here so I'm heading out as well.", he announced as he approached the table. "Thanks for the tea.", he said as he picked up one of the cups.

"Hey asshole, that's for Sakura!", Tayuya told him. "Can't you wait until I have yours prepared."

"It's fine. I'm not really thirsty.", said Sakura.

"See. It's okay.", Suigetsu beamed. "Thank you for the tea."

"Tck! Whatever shitty moron! You're welcome.", she scowled.

"Not you! I'm thanking Sakura for giving me her tea."

"Jerk!", Tayuya stuck her nose in the air.

Suigetsu ignored her and helped himself with the tea. He drank from the cup at the same time Karin drank from hers.

They both winced at the same time after the both of them burned their tongues on the scalding hot tea. They both blew air at their drink a few times before attempting to drink again. The both of them found that their tea had gone a little bit cooler and helped themselves to a few generous gulps before setting their cups on the table.

"What?!", Suigetsu asked when he noticed how Sakura, Orochimaru and Tayuya were staring at him and Karin.

"It's nothing." Orochimaru smiled. "I'll head back now. Sakura. Karin. Thank you again for your hard work and get home safe you two."

The two girls nodded.

"You too Suigetsu.", he said before leaving them.

"Yep.", he told him before turning to a grinning Tayuya. "So, what was that all about?"

"It's just that, the more we look at you and Karin the more we think that the two of you would make a great couple. In fact, you two already look like a couple. You even have matching uniforms."

"What?!" / "Nonsense!"

"We all have matching uniforms. Even Orochimaru-san wears a tunic here. You, Kimimaru and Kabuto-san, who works in the kitchen, are the only exemption.", Suigetsu argued.

"But you both chose the same color."

"How is this the same color?", he protested. "Mine is clearly blue-violet!"

"Yeah! Mine is red-violet!", joined Karin, standing up.

"I don't know, they both just look purple to me.", said Tayuya.

"Something is wrong with your eyes!"~

-Karin and Suigetsu chorused. Then they glanced at each other irritably and quickly looked away.

"Kin Tsuchi thinks so too."

"Then the both of you have eye problems!"~

-the two yelled in unison again. And then, they turned to face each other.

"Quit talking at the same time as me!"~

"Stop it!"~

"NO! You stop it!"~

"Wow. You two are synchronized.", Tayuya remarked.

"That's not true!"~

"Enough of this! I'm leaving.", Suigetsu excused himself.

"See you around shitty moron~!"

"By the way, Sasuke stepped out for a while. If Orochimari-san looks for him, just tell him he's taking a ten.", he instructed before leaving the room.

"Got it.", Tayuya noted. "Well, I'll go back into the kitchen now as well. See you girls tomorrow."

"Yeah. See you tomorrow." Sakura gave her a smile before Tayuya made her exit.

"So, Sasuke-kun's not here." Karin sounded disappointed. "I was hoping we could get a picture together before I change out of this uniform."

A vein popped in Karin's temple as she remembered the issue with the uniform. "Aargh~ Why did I have to choose this /color/?! Why didn't I just match Sasuke-kun instead, knowing what color he likes?! I'm so stupid! Now, they're going to keep teasing me with Suigetsu! What if Sasuke-kun gets jealous?!", she ranted.

"Tayuya and Kin Tsuchi seem like they enjoy messing with Suigetsu but I don't think they can keep teasing you about it.", Sakura comforted her. "I mean, it shouldn't mean anything other than giving us the opportunity to wear the uniform in our preferred color. Jugo's uniform was red orange but they're not teasing the both of us about it."

"Yeah. You're right.", Karin considered. "Well. I'm going to go change now. How about you?"

"I…"

"Did you want your boyfriend to see you in that?"

"Huh?"

"He's on his way to pick you up right?"

"Y-Yeah. But … No. I'm also changing." Sakura stood up and followed Karin as she walked towards the woman's locker room.

.

.

.

"Are you sure? Don't you want to give him some /service/?", inquired Karin as they entered the room.

"No~!", Sakura retorted, closing the door behind her. "Besides… This… isn't his thing."

"Right! Your boyfriend is into 'loli' right?"

"Eh?!"

"It's so obvious. Your hair; the childish braids. Your fashion style; fairy tale inspired one piece dresses if not baby doll tops. Not to mention…" Karin stared at Sakura's chest. "Your physique."

Sakura felt the need to cover herself for some reason.

"No need to feel embarrassed. It's normal for you to dress yourself in the way that would best please the boy you love. I'd do it too if I only knew what Sasuke's type is.", Karin told her with a straight face. "Besides~"

Karin jumped on Sakura and began feeling her up.

"Kyaa~!"

"It's small but there's definitely a soft mound here."

"No! … Ah~!"

"Sakura you're so cute. I bet your boyfriend is doing his best holding himself back just to keep you pure."

"Don't touch me there~! Stop that!"

"Yes. Please stop!", Suigetsu's voice came from the men's locker room next door. "I'm right here."

"S-S-Suigetsu?!", Sakura was flustered. "Y-You heard that?"

"Whoops.", Karin deadpanned.

"Kariiin~!"

.

.

.

Sakura and Karin walked out of the establishment.

She kept her ponytail and was wearing a denim jacket over her white dress, leggings, and a pair of white sneakers. She also had a red sling bag.

Karin wore a dark grey crop top, black ripped jeans and a pair of black floral shoes.

"Well, he's here.", Sakura motioned for Sasori who was leaning on his motorcycle, waiting for her in the parking area. He wore a dark blue three-quarter-sleeved sweater over a black long-sleeved shirt, cropped skinny jeans and a pair of dark blue espadrilles.

"So that's Sasori?", Suigetsu appeared behind them.

The two girls gasped.

'What the hell?! You're still here!", Karin snapped at him.

"Didn't you go home ahead of us.", wondered Sakura.

"Huh~?! Did you get yourself off after hearing our conversation?!", Karin insinuated "Is that why you took just as long as us to get change?!"

"Shut up! What is wrong with that mouth of yours? Don't you have a filter?!"

"Look Sakura. He's not even denying it.", Karin noted.

"… Can't we all just… pretend nothing was said, heard or done a while ago?", Sakura pleaded.

"Deal."~

-Karin and Suigetsu once again spoke at the same time.

Karin rolled her eyes and Suigetsu just muttered; 'Whatever.'

"I'll see you guys tomorrow.", said Sakura, trying to sound cheerful.

"Yeah." / "See you."

Karin turned on her heal and walked away. While looking at the shadows and paying attention to the sound of the footsteps, she realized she wasn't alone.

She looked back and saw Suigetsu walking a few feet behind her.

She stopped and so did he.

"Are you following me?!"

"No idea what you're talking about."

Karin continued walking and Suigetsu started moving again as well. Then she stopped again and he halted too.

"Let me guess. We're headed in the same direction?"

"Maybe?"

A vein popped in her head. "Walked on ahead of me then."

"I'm not really in a hurry."

"Didn't you needed to be relieved at work because you have some sort of engagement?!"

"Something like that."

"Then hurry up and just go already. I'm letting you walk pass me."

"Are you going home now?"

"That's none of your business."



No one moved.



Karin got impatient and eventually took another step forward. Suigetsu did the same but Karin faked her next step and turned around catching Suigetsu by surprise.

The two of them ended up looking at each other; face to face. Karin rested her hands on her hips.

"What's your problem?!", she snapped.

"Look! A lot of sketchy and most probably drunk people wander around this area. I just thought I'd watch your back at least until you make it pass this block… or get a ride… or something.", he explained.

"…Oh. OH!" Karin looked away. "Well, t-that's… thoughtful of you I guess. But, I can take care of myself.", said Karin as she adjusted her glasses.

"I'm sure you can. But still- Oooof!" Suigetsu flinched as Karin had kicked his leg.

"YOU?! What the hell was that for?!", he snarled.

"Because you suddenly made it weird you- … I'm going ahead!", she yelled back as she ran away.

"Weird?!" he tried to straighten himself. "You're the one who's weird!", he shouted at Karin's retreating form. "Tck!", he clucked as he soothed the pain on his leg.

...

Sakura saw everything from where she stood close to Sasori.

"Suigetsu?", she yelled. "Are you okay? Need help?"

"NAH! I'm fine! Bye." Suigetsu yelled back as he walked away hiding his limp.

"What was that all about?", wondered Sasori.

"They kind of hate each other."

"Hate each other? Didn't you see that chemistry between them?"

"Wha-?! No way! Karin likes Sasuke-kun so~!"

"Oh, she does now? I… see. I… must've been wrong then."

"Uh-huh."

"So, ready?", Sasori held out the spare helmet.

"Yeah."

.

.

.

Sasori had to stop for a red light before he could even get to the main street.

They were patiently waiting for the lights to turn green, when he caught a familiar face on his left peripheral vision.

"Isn't that Sasuke..."

"Hm?" Sakura quickly whipped her head to the left.

"…with… his girlfriend?"

She saw him. It was indeed Sasuke. He was wearing a white t-shirt as he had removed his tunic and hung it over his right shoulder. He stood at the corner of that block with a woman who had her hand wrapped around his arm.

Sakura leaned forward trying to get a closer look.

The girl was a wearing a long black cardigan over a violet maxi dress. Her hair was tucked inside her black cloche hat but Sakura could tell from her sideburns that she had brown hair.

Sakura couldn't see her face clearly because of the hat but she could see the corners of her lips forming a sweet smile.

['Sasuke-kun's… girlfriend.']

Sakura then noticed that Sasuke was also smiling gently at her.

['He's smiling. … Eh?! … My chest hurts. Oh, that's right. It's because I actually fell in love with him.']

Sakura lowered her head.

Sasori glanced at his rear view mirror and got a good look at the painful smile that Sakura wore.

Sasuke hailed a taxi cab for the girl. When the taxi stopped in front of them, the girl had Sasuke face her.

['So, he did have a girlfriend after all. Hehehe~']

She moved closer and put her arms around his neck.

['This is great. This way I can truly forget all my feelings for him. Ahaha~']

Sasuke hugged her back.

['My /feelings/? There, I can say it now… because… it really doesn't matter anymore.']

She drew herself back and touched his cheeks.

['Finally. I can just accept the fact that I can't have him and move on with my life.']

Sasuke allowed himself to lean into her touch as he also held her hands.

['That's right I can't have Sasuke-kun. He is…']

She kissed him gently and quickly and from where Sakura was watching it looked like the kiss was on his lips.

['…?!']

The expression on Sakura's face closed up.

"Go."

"Huh?!", Sasori pardoned as he looked away from Sakura's reflection.

"The light is green. /Go/."

"Oh. Right." Sasori started his engine.

"GO!"

Sakura noticed that Sasuke turned his head just as Sasori quickly drove off.

['He heard me. He saw us. He knows I saw everything. There's no turning back now. I can't pretend I didn't see him. I can't pretend this didn't happen.']

"Sakura? What was that just now?!"

"…"

"Sakura?!"

"Take me to Ino."

"But it's getting late-"

"/Take me to Ino/, NOW!"

"Sakura?"

"Please."

Sasori felt Sakura's hold on him get tighter. He sighed then changed roads.

"Thank you.", she whispered as she leaned her head between his shoulder blades.

.

.

.

"I saw her.", announced Sakura as soon as Ino - wearing an oversized black t-shirt and floral printed leggings - opened the door for her.

Ino blinked. "Saw who?"

"Sasuke-kun's girlfriend."

"Er… okay. You saw Sasuke's girlfriend and-"

"Well, technically Sasori saw them first."

"Sasori."

"Yep.", joined Sasori, coming behind Sakura.

"Sasori? You're here too?"

.

.

.

-Inside Ino's bedroom-

Ino sat on her bed while Sasori took a seat on the chair by her study table.

Sakura made use of the space between the bed and the study table by pacing back and forth.

"I knew it. I was right. He did have a girlfriend.", she blurted out.

"Sakura?"

"She was the girl Naruto was talking about back then."

"/Forehead?/!"

"Yeah?"

"What's the problem then?", Ino questioned her, glancing at Sasori. "If you already knew he had a girlfriend, how come actually seeing her seemed shocking to you?!"

Sasori shifted in his seat.

"I-I-" Sakura stopped pacing and she faced them. "Karin!"

['I did it again.']

"I just don't understand!", she reasoned. "Naruto knew about this girl. How can he let Karin continue to pursue Sasuke."

"Karin?!", Ino deadpanned.

['I lied to them again.']

"Yeah! She's in love with Sasuke-kun. Sasuke-kun knows that. Naruto knows that. But if Sasuke-kun had a girlfriend all this time, how can the both of them just let her go on with her one-sided love?!"

"You knew Karin was in love with Sasuke since forever. And you concluded that Sasuke had a girlfriend more than two weeks ago. Have you been worrying about this for that long already?", wondered Ino.

"Y-Yeah. I even told him not to keep leading Karin on if he was actually seeing someone seriously."

"So that's why you said that before."

"Said what, when?"

"You know, when you found out that someone gave Sasuke a love letter, you got all anxious."

Ino flinched as Sasori whipped his head towards her when she said that. Sasori looked at Sakura and Ino felt the need to hurry up and continue the rest of what she wanted to tell Sakura.

"I… er… You said;

/"I haven't even decided whether to cheer for Karin or whoever that girl is. The last thing I need right now is for another girl to join the equation!"/

"Yes! Exactly!", exclaimed Sakura.

Ino sighed. "Forehead, to me, it seems like you're getting all worked up about this for nothing."

"Huh?"

"I mean, these are things you have no control over. I don't think you even know what the big picture really looks like."

"…"

"Remember what Sasuke told Naruto?"

/"…he's my best friend... and I'd let him know first-hand before I make a move on a girl or accept ones confession."/

"Sasuke probably admitted that he didn't like Karin the same way she likes him. And Naruto respected that.", added Ino.

/"But so much had happened and after spending a long time apart from each other, I realized we are our own person."/

"And, for all we know, Karin might've been aware of the fact that Sasuke has a girlfriend all along!", Ino continued.

"Eh?"

"I mean she's known him for so long and she was the one who stayed in contact with him even after he and Naruto were avoiding each other."

"Y-You have a point.", Sakura considered.

"Besides, does Sasuke really seem like the type of guy who would lead a girl on, to you?"

/" 'PS: I'm not a fanboy, so no worries okay.' "/

"No. Sasuke-kun isn't like that." Sakura lowered her head.

"I'm sure Karin knows. She's just being honest with herself. She still loves him and she's not afraid to show him that she hasn't given up yet."

['What the hell, I wasn't prepared to hear these words at all. But, if that really is the case, Karin is… really amazing.']

"You're right.", Sakura concluded.

"So stop worrying about it, okay?

Sakura nodded.

['Whatever. This isn't even the real reason why I'm upset.

I'm upset because… I can list down so many reasons why I can't like Sasuke-kun… and I told myself time and time again that I won't let go of what I have with Sasori… but… I couldn't I help it? Seeing him with her, /smiling back at her/, /responding to her touch/, /letting her… kiss /him… /It hurts/! It felt like my heart was going to explode! I hated the feeling!

But, of course, I couldn't tell them that!/'/]

"Regardless of what's really going on between all of them…"

"…?"

"It's not like you're… directly involved anyway, right?"

"..R-right-"

"No.", Sasori interjected. "If it really bothers you, then just ask him."

"S-Sasori?"

"What are you saying Sasori-"

"It's important to her so…", Sasori interrupted Ino. "And I don't think it is wise let this one go with just the possibility of this Karin girl already… 'knowing the truth'. Because if it turns out that she doesn't…" he sighed. "Can you two really live with the fact that you… allowed her to go on making a fool of herself?"

Ino fell silent.

['Sasori… He….']

He then turned to Sakura. "You want to know the truth don't you?"

"I…"

"If seeing Sasuke with that girl made you anxious, then you can't just… ignore it. There's a reason for you feeling that way. You know…"

['Does he know?']

Sasori smiled weakly at Sakura. "You know that something is wrong here and that's why you can't help but be troubled by it."

Sakura looked away from Sasori.

['Troubled? I'm just being bitter.']

"But…" Sasori stood up from the chair and approached Sakura. Then he made her look at him.

"The way I see it, both of you don't know for certain whether or not this girl is really his girlfriend."

"But she kissed him! You saw it too."

'Eh? They… kissed? You saw Sasuke kissing her?!", blurted Ino.

"We saw a brief moment they shared together. Not enough to see the full story. Not enough to know what's really going on between them.", said Sasori.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying, she may or may not be his girlfriend. Did Sasuke even tell you himself that he was seeing someone seriously?"

"N-No."

"So ask him."

"That's…"

"Sakura, ask him.", Sasori held her hands. "It's the only way to end your insecurities."

"…"

"Er…" It was Ino's turn to feel anxious.

"But, prepare yourself. Because if she really is Sasuke's girlfriend-"

"Sasori?"

He sighed. "If you found out that… Sasuke really does have someone that… he likes, can you really continue supporting Karin? And how long can you keep cheering her on?

"…?!"

"You do know that, if you wish for Karin to end up with Sasuke then you're also wishing for Sasuke to give up on that girl. But if you choose to be happy for Sasuke, then Karin is the one who's going to get her heart broken."

['That's right. I'm so selfish! I was only thinking about myself. If that girl is really Sasuke's girlfriend and Karin has no clue about her, she is going to be miserable once she finds out. She loves him for the longest time.

But if Sasuke-kun doesn't actually have a girlfriend; will I be able to stay away from him? Now that I'm aware that I'm in love with him, can I really hold myself back?

Can I stop myself from competing with Karin and…']

Sakura stared at Sasori's face.

['Can I stop myself from hurting Sasori?']

Sakura lowered her head. She looked at their hands.

['How long will I be able to hold onto Sasori?']

"It's pointless to keep all your concerns to yourself. Nothing can be resolved by sacrificing yourself to suffer the hurt alone."

Sakura slowly lifted her gaze.

"Regardless of who you choose to support, someone will get hurt.", said Sasori

"…"

"It's impossible not to lose someone but… whatever happens… I promise you… you won't lose me.", he implied.

"Sasori.", Sakura whimpered.

"Me too!", Ino exclaimed putting her hands on top of theirs. "Whatever happens… none of you will lose me."

Sakura looked at Ino and Sasori.

['These two.

I have… very wonderful friends. I will never deserve them in this lifetime.

I'm sorry for being selfish. I'm so sorry!']

Sakura felt extremely guilty.

She felt their hold on her hands get tighter.

.

.

.

Sakura took off the spare helmet and handed it back to Sasori. "Here."

Sasori accepted it.

"Thank you for the ride home."

"No problem."

"I'll… see you tomorrow."

"Yeah." Sasori nodded.

Sakura turned around and walked towards the direction of her mother's bath house.

"Sakura."

"Hm?" she looked back at him.

Sasori avoided looking at her as he said; "I'll be waiting."

"Hm." Sakura nodded.

Sasori brought down his eye shield.

Sakura watched him as he drove away.

['I have been so unfair with Sasori.']

She lifted her gaze towards the sky.



/"Sakura, ask him. … It's the only way to end your insecurities."/



/"There's so much I don't know. And the reason I still don't know so much about him... is because Sasuke-kun has chosen not to tell me everything.

And because... I didn't care enough."/



['No. That's not it.']



/"Are my actions really making you uncomfortable? You're the one who said you would pull on me. And now I'm… gravitating towards you-"/

/"Don't say it like /that/!"/

/"Are you really bothered by it?"/

/"It's just that... it's making me feel like... I'm such a /horrible person/."/



['Every time he opened up to me…']



/"I thought you said you didn't care if anyone hated you? … For whatever it's worth. … I'm not on that list yet."/



['…I got scared to get closer.']



/"Is it okay if I ask you what it is that you want to do?"/

/"To play one last game with my brother."/

/['I thought of so many questions I wanted to ask him. And I don't know if I'll ever get another chance to ask him. But... if I ask him, I might ruin his mood. ... That gentle expression on his face. I want him to keep it... even if it's only for a little bit longer.']/



['It's not that I didn't care enough. I just wasn't brave enough to learn more. I was scared that I'd end up falling in deeper if I found out more about him. I already knew the affect he had on me...']

...

/"Just stop being nice to me! Why are you the one who's here with me?! ... Why isn't HE here instead of you? You're not /him/! You're not /Sasori/!"/

...

['But…']



/"Ne, Sasuke-kun."/

/"W-What?"/

/"Let's be friends?"/

/"Aa."/



['I was so selfish. I didn't want to give up on him- No. I didn't want to lose him so I asked for us to be friends instead.

But… Sasori was right.']



/"It's impossible not to lose someone…"/



['The more I held onto Sasuke the more I slipped further away from Sasori.']



/"By the way. … Is this something I have to get use to? … Your new look?"/

/"Oh. Uhm, I was eventually going to drop the braids when I'm in college anyway... Is it... weird? Does it not suit me after all?"/

/"No. You're beautiful. I was just wondering why you're suddenly wearing it like that."/



/"… But didn't Sasori prefer your hair braided?"/

/"Yeah. He said it reminded him of the dolls his grandmother makes…"/



/"...No need to feel embarrassed. It's normal for you to dress yourself in the way that would best please the boy you love. I'd do it too if I only knew what Sasuke's type is."/



/"...letting your hair down like that suits you best."/

/"Oh."/

...

['I couldn't help it. As it turned out, my heart was already taken by Sasuke-kun before I even realized it.

The moment our eyes met, I was... /captivated/. When he responded to my gesture, my heart skipped a beat. Something inside me was stirred.

But I was still unaware then. I thought that I was only motivated to approach him due to the 'pairing' when in fact; I just longed to once again experience the exhilarating feeling that catching his attention had brought me.']



/"But maybe that was his charm. Sasuke-kun is like an unreachable entity. I supposed it made people think that; if you were acknowledged by him, you must be someone very special."/



['Deep down, I knew it all along. But that part of me is what I hate the most.

I had regressed to that pathetic version of myself who wanted to be acknowledged by others.

Every time I tell myself to be contented with Sasori, it wasn't because my feelings for him outweighed my feelings for Sasuke-kun.

I simply decided that I like myself best when I only thought of Sasori… because I didn't have to try so hard to please him. It was so much easier knowing that he would always praise me for my achievements and just smile through my failures, telling me 'It's okay'.

But I had started demanding from him the responsiveness that I had felt from Sasuke-kun.

And just like that, I lost sight of my place inside Sasori's heart. And I was all to blame.

In the end, my disappointment and loneliness were caused by my own twisted expectations.

That's right… I already knew that I was being unfair to Sasori.

...

I know that having feelings for Sasuke-kun doesn't mean that I have the right to pursue him.

Is choosing Sasori so wrong? After all, I do love him as well.

And yet, I question my decision every time I am presented with the possibility that I can choose Sasuke over him.

But I have to stop.

I can't get distracted by holding onto these false hopes so…

Once and for all, I have to know the truth… even if… it hurts.

It'll be for the best if Sasuke-kun has a girlfriend. I'll just comfort Karin. We… will move on together.

But if he doesn't have a girlfriend, then…

For everyone's sake...

I will... give my support to Karin.']

.

.

.

Sakura had just finished mopping the floor. She straightened her back and wiped the sweat off her forehead.

"Sakura~!" Tayuya walked in. "Er… Wow. The floor is sparkling. A-Anyway… We're done with the preparations. You can turn the sign now."

"Got it.", said Sakura before approaching the door.

She turned the sign from 'Sorry We're Close' to 'Come in We're Open' and unlocked the door.

After that, Sakura headed to the break room.

"Good work~.", Orochimaru greeted as they met each other in the hallway.

"Thank you sir.", said Sakura.

Sakura was putting away the mop when Suigetsu and Sasuke walked in from the service door.

"Yo~!", Suigetsu greeted her as she passed him. He wore a black and white striped shirt, violet cuffed shorts and a pair of boat shoes.

Sasuke glanced at her as well and their eyes met.

"Good afternoon."

"Aa."

Sakura looked on as the two boys headed for the locker room.



/"Once and for all, I have to know the truth… even if… it hurts."/



.

.

.
Sign up to rate and review this story