Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Not Sure If This Matters

Chapter 7- Final Straw

by moocow 4 reviews

Has anyone else realized the improvment of my writing? fuck man. this is awsome.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-09-15 - Updated: 2006-09-16 - 1821 words

1Moving
The kitchen was busy as I strode around in my low heels, from checking the oven to checking the four stove tops with pots and pans of different foods.

"Busy little Jenny," I smirked as Adi came in and sighed, slightly helping out.

"How is it out there?" I asked she smiled.

"It's great, everyone is here, and we managed to seat Ashley and Pete away from each other," I sighed and nodded.

"Great," I mumbled and tore off my apron and padding down my black flowing dress. Adi smiled in her own red one and helped me take out plates to our guests.

Ashley was sitting at one head of the table, an empty chair to her right for me and on her left, Andy, Adi taking a seat next to him. After I placed out the whole meal, I sat down and looked down the row to see Patrick and Joe looking quite sheepish.

"No offence Jenny, but we placed bets on how far this night would go undisturbed by the two heart broken teens," I raised an eyebrow as Patrick mumbled in my ear and shook my head, turning to his ear.

"I bet thirty minutes," Patrick smirked and leaned back, starting to dig in.

"This is really delicious," Ashley commented and I smiled, glancing over to see her smiling, but then looked down the opposite way to see a snarl on Pete's face.

"Too bad you can't cook worth crap, or else maybe you could have helped," he hissed and I closed my eyes, already fed up.

All of us on the sides of the table all turned to Ashley to see her response. She nicely placed her knife and fork down before folding her hands above her plate, elbows on either side.

"I want to be very careful of how I express my opinions of you because I want to put as much vituperation in them as possible," I bit my lip and Joe howled.

"You gonna take that, Pete?" he asked and Pete glared, and I slightly scooted back as Patrick copied, looking a bit scared.

"Well, you'll probably say it without thinking, the way you do most things, Ashley," he spat and she smirked.

This was not going to end pretty.

She suddenly stood up and scooted her chair back, Pete soon copying as they glared at each other from each side of the table.

"I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass," Ashley spat back. Patrick leaned over and gulped.

"Jenny," he whispered into my ear and I nodded, observing Ashley evilly smile as Pete huffed. "I don't like this," he muttered and I turned to him for a minute.

"Neither do I," I whispered and took his hand, my breath hitching lightly.

"I won't take that personally. Every time you open your mouth you offend someone," Pete smiled and Ashley sighed, the glare never leaving her face as she shook he head, her Thanksgiving curls tumbling forward a bit.

"You're such a weakling, Pete. The only thing you can break with your bear hands is a promise," Andy widened his eyes from across the table and Adi shook her head, her head turning to Pete who's eyes twitched with growing anger.

"Alright, fine then," he hissed. "It's not what you say, it's the thought behind it that counts, and I know there's never any thought behind anything you say," Ashley smirked again and I gulped, feeling quite vulnerable.

"Do you want people to accept you as you are or do you want them to like you?" Ashley asked and I saw Joe slightly crack up out of the corner of my eyes. "And Joe, shut up, this isn't funny," I closed my eyes and prayed he wouldn't get involved.

"Ashley, talking and insulting is cheap," her face softened. "But so are you," Ashley gasped before glaring at him as well.

"Well, Joe, the only things you ever make is mistakes and cigarette ashes," Joe smirked and scooted out his chair before straightening his jacket.

"This is pointless," he sighed and began to walk towards the door.

"Do you have to leave so soon? I was about to poison the champagne!" she yelled after him and Joe just simply flipped her off with his back turned before leaving, slamming the door. I jumped slightly and looked back at Pete who was fuming now.

"Ashley, how bout the next time you shave, why don't you stand a little closer to the razor?" he joked and Ashley huffed, crossing her arms and leaning on one leg.

"Perhaps your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others, right Pete?" she asked next and Pete rolled his eyes.

"You know, I reprimanded my brother for mimicking you. I told him not to act like a fool," Ashley smirked and started to lightly laugh.

"Jesus Pete, instead of being born again, why don't you just grow up?" Patrick frowned from next to me and I ran a thumb over his hand, feeling just that much worse. I saw Adi begin to tear up and bit my lip- she never cried.

/Never/.

Andy took her hand and scooted her closer as our eyes and heads darted between the two standing ex-couple.

"I know you are nobody's fool but maybe someone will adopt you," he snarled and Ashley sighed, shaking her head.

"You know, I can always tell when you are lying- your lips move,"

I had to admit that was a good call.

"Don't get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?" Pete asked next and Ashley nodded a fake smile on her lips.

"When you get to the men's room, you will see a sign that says, 'Gentlemen'. Pay no heed to it. Go right on in," Patrick bit his lip as Ashley smiled at Pete's delayed reaction.

"Ashley, Geeze, how old are you? Oh wait, you can't count that high!"

That was pretty stupid, actually.

Ashley smirked and shook her head, rolling her eyes.

"The overwhelming power of the sex drive was demonstrated by the fact that someone was willing to father you," she shot back and Pete smirked.

"You were so antisocial, your parents used to put a pot roast in your lap so the dog would play with you!"

Ok, score for Pete.

That was good.

Patrick bit his lip, a smile slightly forming. I saw one tear slip down Adi's eye and she gulped, Ashley glaring even more now.

"Pete, we know that romance brings out the beast in you - the jackass!" she smiled a huge fake smile and placed her hands on her hip like the 'perfect' housewife. Pete rolled his eyes and crossed his arms before replying.

"If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive," he said in a light, soft voice. Ashley smiled before nodding.

"You know, I don't hold any of your behavior against you because I realize it was caused by childhood trauma. Of course your parents spanked you when you fell on your head and broke the cement!"

Ohhhh, burn.

Pete glared and my eyes widened as I felt Patrick bring me back as his plate came flying across the dining room wall, Ashley's eyes widening as she ducked, it slamming into the wall behind her head. The worst part, nobody, not even Adi or Andy said anything. Ashley just regained her composure and stared blankly at him for an explanation. Pete blinked a flat line appeared on his lips. And in a monotone voice, he spoke to her, every emotion escaping his face.

"You're the worst mistake I've ever made," My eyes widened. That's not exactly something you say to one of the Chaotic sisters. My head whipped over to Ashley who surprisingly stayed calm as ever as she replied in the same eerily, death-toned way.

"You know, that's exactly what my father told me," she said and I noticed the tears slightly glaze her eyes. They never fell as Pete's face fell into a slight frown.

"I...I'm..." Ashley shook her head.

"And don't say your sorry because that's all he said every year of my life, and I still haven't forgiven him," I dropped my head and felt Patrick tighten the grip on my hand.

I knew about that.

It hurt me more to know that my father favored me over Ashley, but never did I ever think it'd be that harsh.

"Ashley, I...I didn't mean it like that," Ashley caught his tearful eyes in her own.

"Sure you didn't," he voice cracked and I took a shaky breath.

"I can't live without you," he whispered next and I glanced up to see what Ashley was going to say- and I knew it was going to be the killing punch.

"If you can't live without me, why aren't you dead already?" she asked and right at that moment, all of us looked at Pete who tried so hard to swallow back his tears, but failed as one trickled out leaving one light stain down his cheek.

I herd the slow steps behind me and looked up to see Ashley sneaking to the hallway, descending to her room. She stopped halfway, about two feet away from Pete and turned her head, but not her body.

"Good bye Pete," she whispered and I knew then that he'd never know. Pete stayed looking ahead and I took another shaky breath as I heard Ashley walk away. I stood and I looked across at Andy and Adi.

"Guys, could you...take Pete home," I whispered and walked around the table, kneeling next to Andy as he leaned forward so I could whisper in his ear. "Even if they just had a huge fight, I don't think Ashley would be able to live with herself if Pete did something stupid. Watch him- closely," Andy nodded before gripping Adi's hand again and standing them up.

I stood up straight again before watching the two get Pete, his solemn features catching mine as Patrick came over and threw a comforting arm around my shoulders. Pete caught my eyes again and I watched as his lips formed words.

"I'm sorry," he mouthed and I nodded once before I saw the three disappear out the door.

Taking one more shaky breath, I turned into Patrick and buried my face.

"I don't ever want something like that to happen again," I whispered and closed my eyes as I felt the stinging of tears.

"Shhhh," Patrick simply said and I hitched my breath as I let some tears slip out. "Just keep quiet, and...it'll /all be ok/," I closed my eyes and tried to believe it.

/It'll all be ok, it'll all be ok/.

Too bad I was always taught that the best part of believe was the /lie/...
Sign up to rate and review this story