Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > The Destiny Islands Chronicles

What Kairi Does on Fridays

by Axyli 0 reviews

Kairi always goes home early on Fridays. What is it she's doing?

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Parody - Characters: Kairi, Riku, Sora - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-16 - Updated: 2006-09-16 - 975 words

1Funny
Sora slammed his locker closed.
"One less day of school!" he cried happily. "And it's the weekend!" Sora slung his backpack over his shoulder and went to go wait at their usual spot under a tree on the campus. He threw aside his backpack and leaned against the tree. Kairi came from the hall a few minutes later.
"No homework this week!" she said excitedly. Riku came from another hall, not looking anywhere near as happy as his two friends.
"We have math homework this weekend," he said disgustedly. "I hate math."
"You can do that tomorrow," Sora said breezily. "Let's go to the island today."
"Ooh, I can't," Kairi said disappointedly. "I, uh, have plans for today." She grabbed her backpack and started running towards the docks. Riku and Sora watched her puzzledly.
"Wonder what's she's doing," Sora said.

At the island, Riku and Wakka were having a practice fight.
"Aw, man!" Wakka said when he lost. "How'd you get so good?" Riku smiled cockily and started walking away. He saw Sora sitting at the edge of the island, his new skateboard resting on his lap, thinking. Riku grinned evilly and picked up a coconut. After looking around to see if no one was looking, he chucked it at Sora's head.
"Owwww! What the crap?" Sora cried, whirling around and rubbing his head. He saw Riku grinning at him and glared at the older boy.
"That wasn't funny," he said. Riku laughed.
"I beg to differ," he said. He sat next to his friend and looked at the skateboard.
"Y'know, I've been wondering..." Riku started. "Since when can you skateboard?"
"Roxas could skateboard," Sora explained. "And Roxas was...er, is...half of me."
"Oh," Riku said. "So what were you thinking about, Keyblade Master?"
"Kairi," Sora said.
"Oh, your usual thought," Riku said, grinning. Sora glared and shoved him.
"No. I mean, why didn't she come to the island with us? What's she doing?"
"Probably something we don't need to stick our noses in," Riku said. Sora wasn't listening.
"Come to think of it, she hasn't been here for the past few Fridays," he said to himself. He looked down and thought for a minute. "Maybe someone's going through an illness in the hospital and the only visiting day is Friday," he pondered to himself. "Or maybe someone in her family died..."
"She would've told us if something like that happened," Riku told his over-imaginative friend. But Sora was still going.
"Maybe she's going through tutoring," he said.
"That sounds logical," Riku said, proud of Sora for saying something that actually seemed probable. But Sora's eye suddenly widened.
"Maybe she's learning how to become a witch!" he cried. Then he gasped. "Maybe she's studying the Heartless," he said worriedly. He gasped again and put his hands on Riku's shoulders and started shaking him. "Riku, maybe she's learning how to control the Heartless!!!!!!!!!!!" he cried, panicking. Riku took Sora's hands off his shoulders.
"Sora, you don't learn how to control Heartless. The Heartless can't be controlled. Believe me, I know," he said patiently. But Sora was still freaking out.
"Riku, we gotta find out what Kairi's doing!" he cried.
"That's spying, and what's more spying on a /girl/," Riku explained. "You know how suspicious that would look?"
"But we just want to see if she's okay," Sora said.
"She should be allowed to make her own choices," Riku said.
"Fine," Sora said, hopping onto his skateboard. "I'll go see what she's doing myself." Riku grabbed Sora's arm.
"No!" he said firmly, then sighed. "I'll go with you. Someone's gotta get you out of trouble."

A few minutes later, they were both right outside Kairi's house.
"You're really sure you want to spy on Kairi?" Riku asked. Sora nodded.
"Yeah. We're just here to make sure she's not consumed by darkness," Sora explained. Riku crossed his arms.
"Well, don't go blaming me if her dad comes out with a shotgun."
Sora started climbing a tree to look into the garage window. His mouth dropped.
"Riku...ya gotta see this," he whispered. Riku hesitated for a moment, then joined Sora in the tree. His mouth dropped too. They saw Kairi sitting at a drum set.
"A ONE, TWO, A ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR!!" she yelled, then started playing the drums with a fury.
"Sh...she's actually pretty good," Riku stuttered. "Weird, she kinda striked me as playing the...acoustic guitar or flute or something like that." Sora was silent.
I love this girl more every day, he thought.
Riku suddenly stiffened.
"Oh man...we're spying on a girl..." He rubbed his temples. "If anyone finds us, we're /dead/..." He jumped down from the tree, then grabbed Sora by the collar and pulled him down.
"Come on," Riku said, dragging the younger boy along. "We're done spying on girls."

"Sorry I couldn't come by the island yesterday," Kairi said the next day. "I was sort of busy."
"It's all right," Riku said. "I'm sure you had a good reason."
"We both thought you played really well yesterday," Sora said. Riku clamped his hand over his friend's mouth, but it was too late.
"I played really...?" Kairi repeated puzzledly, then her mouth dropped open. "Sora, were you and Riku spying on me?" she asked heatedly.
"Um...well...oh crap," Sora said as Kairi glared at them and summoned her Keyblade.
"Riku, what happened?" Kairi asked.
"Um...well...IT WAS SORA'S IDEA!!" he yelled as he started running away from Kairi. Sora followed.
"GET YOUR SORRY HIDES RIGHT BACK HERE!!" Kairi screamed at them as she chased them.
"HELP!! CRAZY LADY WITH A KEYBLADE!!!" Sora and Riku started yelling as they ran away. Wakka, Tidus, and Selphie were watching them run all over the island.
"They sure have changed since coming back to the island," Tidus said, crossing his arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story