Categories > Original > Drama > Crimson Moon

Chapter 2: The Grimm Academy of the Arts (part 1)

by Horrorhalloween 0 reviews

Oh no! Jack slept through the aptitude test. Now he's gotta make it up, and be behind on his schooling for one day. But what is his aptitude?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2018-01-28 - Updated: 2018-02-14 - 352 words

0Unrated
The next day, school began. I was asleep during the official aptitude tests, so they made me make mine up. Embarrassing. On the bright side, I wasn't the only one who needed to make up their test. Less embarrassing. When I started the test, the proctor waved his hand, followed by shadows, to make me think that I was falling. I land on my hands, knee, and foot of the opposite leg. One of the tests was to demonstrate how I used to fight. I jumped, spun, and kicked the target in the head. Then, I went back down onto the ground. The adversary was stunned, so I kicked him in the face. He fell backward, and I landed onto the ground. The next test was to see how I react under pressure. Bullets were being fired at me. I took cover, moving from the pillar to behind a table, to behind a counter. I snuck around behind my adversary, and (in one sharp motion) snapped his neck. He fell to the ground. The next test was to see how I do with protecting the innocent. A bullet was being fired at a hostage. Luckily, Grimm kicked in, and time was slowed down. This allowed me to reach the hostage before they died. I moved the objective away from the target. Then, I used my old methods of combat against the target. I didn't get the chance to see the hostage before they shot me in the back, and I was removed from the simulation. "Fire" the Procter said.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Didn't the hostage seem a little odd to you?"

"It was a duplicate of the target."

"A shadow aptitude Grimm would have seen that coming."

"Maybe, but I can learn Shadow, right?"

"Fire aptitude Grimms typically learn Shadow first."

"Wouldn't it be trickier than trying to learn Fire?"

"Actually, this might clear things up. I really don't know," he says as he hands me a paper with a circle, split into five sections. "The arrows show what's easiest."

"Thanks. I'll hang onto this," I say before leaving
Sign up to rate and review this story