Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Thanks To The Snow

The Day Before Christmas

by Good_Question 0 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hiei, Kurama - Published: 2006-09-18 - Updated: 2006-09-19 - 790 words

1Ambiance
Chapter 2: The day before Christmas

Hiei glanced out the frozen window. Kurama had said they were snowed in. This would make things difficult. While Hiei thought about how to keep his emotions in check Kurama was thanking the snow for allowing him this opportunity. Maybe just maybe he would gather the courage to admit to Hiei how much he loved the hi-yokai. Kurama smiled to himself as he finnished with the hot chocolate he had promised Hiei. Although Hiei had never had hot chocolate he hopped to change that.

Kurama picked up the two filled mugs and went into the living room. He found Hiei sitting on the sofa with his knees drawn up to his chin. Hiei looked so adorable; it took all off Kurama's self control not to pounce on the warrior.

"Hiei," Kurama said sofftly.

"Hm," Hiei asked turning his head so that it lay snugled on top of his knees but still able to view his secret love.

"Some hot chocolate," Kurama said holding out the steaming cup to him.

"Hn," Hiei replied taking the cup.

He brought it to his lips and took a sip. Hiei's eyes widened in surprise. He actually liked the human substance. Kurama smiled sofftly. Hiei was cuter than Hiei knew.

"Like it?" Kurama asked sitting down next to Hiei.

"It's okay," Hiei said.

Although he may enjoy it his pride kept him from saying more. Kurama tooka sip of his own hot chocolate. He glanced at Hiei and noticed thatt he was shivering. That was strange. Isially Hiei would just keep use his ki to warm himself up.

"Hiei, what did they do? How much ki did you use?" Kurama asked; concerned over his secret lovers health.

"Hm? Oh that. When they attacked they used a draining ward. Seems it hasn't weared off right," Hiei said slowlly.

Hiei had't mentioned anything before because he knew it would worry Kurama. Seems the Forbidden Child couldn't even do that right.

"WHy didn't you meantion it before? Fire demons can't survive in the smallest of colds without their ki! What if you had died?" Kurama ranted, adding the last part so quietly Hiei aslmost missed it. Almost.

Hiei blinked in surprise. Does he really care about me? Maube there is hope after all. Kurama hurried to the cuboard and rbought out a large blanket. He went over to Hiei and wrapped it around Hiei.

"Better?" Kurama asked.

"Yes but what about you?" Hiei asked.

Is Hiei worried about me? Kurama smiled.

"The heats still on and unless it breaks I'll be fine," Kurama said.

Just as the words left his mouth the heater broke. Talk about omens. Kurama thought. First the snow and then the heater. Maybe Kami-sama was really on his side.

"The heater broke," Hiei pointed out.

"It seems it has," Kurma said sighing.

"Well the blankets big enough for both os uf," Hiei said moving over and untucking some of the blanket.

Kurama blushed but complied. He snuggled next to Hiei as close as he dared without being too straight forward. What the hell am I doing? I just asked Kurama to join me. What is he figures it out! Was that a blush?

Now's a better chance than ever...

"Uhm...Hiei would you join me on Chrimas...since...well...you see..." Kurama mumbled blushing.

Hie's eyes widened in surprise. Kurama was inviting him to spend time with each other.

"Christmas..."Hiei repeated.

"Yes....um...my mother isn;t going to join me and I...well...you..." Kurama mumbled again blushing more.

"Sure," Hiei said.

Thank Kami-sama. I didn't think that I would ever get to be this close to Kurama.

"R-Really?" Kurama asked in surprise.

Kurama's eyes were shinning with joy and hope. Forgetting his self contol Kurama wrapped his arms tight around Hie and hugged him. Hiei was surprissed to say the least. He carefully balanced himseld so that the hot chocolate would not spill. His eyes filled witha loving gaze as he observed how happy that one word had made him. Much to Hiei's dissapoinment Kurama pulled away and blushed like the setting sun.

"I'm sorry about that...uhm...well Christmas is tommorow and...well...do you know what Christmas is?" Kurama asked.

"The general picture yes," Hiei replied.

Kurama smiled warmly. I'm going to love this Christmas. Thank you kami-sama.

Both boys went to bed that night with a heart full of hope.

AUHTORS BLAH BLAH

Well one more chapter left I think. i haven't decided on the fine poinst yet but it's pretty much planned! Thank you all for supporting me! Auhtor thank you's will be posted seperately! THANK YOU! AND MARRY CHRISTMAS!!! (I celebrate on 24th so tommorows Christmas for me!) LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story