Categories > Original > Historical > Where The Wolf Did Step

Entry 32

by A_L1777 0 reviews

The pure horror that the group found was too harrowing for Ermete to write. For that to happen, they had to have seen something truly terrifying.

Category: Historical - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2018-05-01 - 233 words

0Unrated
January 17, 1916

I was unable to write yesterday after what we saw. Everything was dead. But everything was also everywhere. On the walls of the trench, bunkers… just everything. We only found one man alive, barely. His face is worse than those with shell shock. He is still currently shaking. All he is repeating is a farkas. I have heard of that word before. Un lupo, is what he means. But a wolf did that?
Wolves don’t throw blood upon the walls and ceilings.
Wolves don’t manage to murder a whole encampment of armed men.
And wolves certainly don’t leave all their kills uneaten.
But then what could’ve done this? I don’t have any explanation, nor does anyone else. The lone Austrian does not speak, no matter how hard we try. He saw what happened, and it must’ve been paralyzing if he’s like that. We care more about where we sleep, now. We are taking cautionary measures to make sure that if that animal does come near, it will pass us by. From what we’ve seen, we’d rather not be like those poor soldiers. Being everywhere and dead is worse than being dead and in one piece. Yet so many men have died from the shells. Their limbs scattered everywhere. I don’t think anyone who dies in this war will be in one piece.
Sign up to rate and review this story