Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > A Place for Us to Dream

Lucy's Birthday

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Lucy invites Anna out to eat at a small restaurant for her birthday, much to Anna's shock and dismay.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2018-10-01 - 624 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eighteen: Lucy's Birthday:

-September 10th, 2011-

Anna was taking a shower when her phone rang.

"Phone!" Tsuzuki shouted. He looked at the screen as the water cut off. Anna walked out of the bathroom, drying her hair.

"Hm?" she asked.

"Your phone was ringing," Tsuzuki said. "And it was Lucy. Anna shared the same confused look her husband had. She took the phone from him and dialed Lucy back.

"Hello?" the goth woman asked on the other line.

"Hey," Anna said. "What can I do for you?"

"It's my birthday today," Lucy said. "And I was wondering if you'd like to hang out with me today." Anna narrowed her eyes.

"Why?" she asked.

"Just cause…" Lucy said.

"I'm bored. Jared's working today. Please? Just humor me here."

"What about your neighbor?"

"They're working too."

Anna looked over at Tsuzuki. He waved his hand back and forth and shrugged. His wife sighed.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" Anna asked.

"No," Lucy said. "Just say yes already." Anna rolled her eyes.

"Fine," she said.

"Good," Lucy said. "I'll meet you at noon in Shinjuku. Bye-bye." She hung up before Anna could argue. Anna looked at her phone.

"Problem?" Tsuzuki asked. His wife forced herself to smile.

"I'm going out today," she said. "It's Lucy's birthday. She wants me to hang out with her." Tsuzuki gave her a strange look.

"Why?" he asked.

"I don't know," she said.

"And you can't get out of it?" he asked. His wife shook her head.

"Oh…" the shinigami said. "Good luck." Anna forced herself to keep smiling.

-Noon-

Anna didn't get it. Why her? She looked at her phone. 12:03 p.m. Lucy always ran late, even on her birthday. Anna would have to suck it up and bear it. Then, she could get to work.

"Anna!" someone yelled. The woman looked up to see the goth birthday girl racing towards her. Anna put on her fake face.

"Hello," she said. Lucy made it over to her.

"Yo," she said. Anna tried not to look like she wanted to run.

"So," she said. "Where do you want to go?"

"Lunch," Lucy said. "I know just the place." Anna blinked at her.

"Heh?" she asked. The birthday girl grabbed her by the hand and dragged her down the street.

Lucy and Anna ended up at a small Indian restaurant hidden in a hole in the wall. The birthday girl grinned.

"Ta-da!" she said. Anna blinked.

"This?" she asked.

"Yes," Lucy said. They walked up to the glass door.

"Jared and I found it last week," she said. Lucy and Anna walked inside. The spices hit Anna's nose.

"Oh god!" she said, covering her. Lucy patted her on the arm.

"You'll get used to it," she whispered. A lady behind the counter spotted them at the doorway.

"How many?" she asked.

"Two," Lucy said. "Smoking, please." Anna looked at her, frowning.

"Right away," the girl behind the counter said. She led the women to a table in the back. Lucy grinned to herself. Anna rolled her eyes.

"Now why I am here again?" she asked after they sat down. Lucy shrugged.

"You were free," she said.

"Heh?" Anna asked. The birthday girl played with her dyed black hair.

"Jared won't get home until tonight. I got the day off and I was bored," she said. The other woman blinked.

"So I'm just your accessory for the day?" she asked.

"Yes," Lucy said.

"I don't know what to say," Anna said, blinking. Lucy patted her on the hand.

"Just sit there and look pretty," she said.

"Uh-huh…" the woman muttered. A waitress came by their table and took their drink orders. Anna would have to keep smiling until lunch was over.
Sign up to rate and review this story