Categories > TV > Teen Wolf > A Derek Hale Love Story (Deratherine)

Ch.1: A New Friend

by Katherine100 0 reviews

Same thing as the summary for this entire fanfic.

Category: Teen Wolf - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2019-01-15 - 921 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was a dismal night, as a human Kat drove down a road. She’d recently gotten the cure shoved down her throat. The car she was driving was what she’d stolen in Mystic Falls, Virginia. She hated feeling useless and fragile, but she couldn’t help it. Now that she was human, she was afraid; more afraid than ever. She wasn’t someone to let fear consume her, but she couldn’t stop her feelings. She’d made too many enemies to count as a vampire. The only way she felt she could survive was to keep driving. Besides, running was all she knew how to do after the life she’d led.
When she drove past a sign that read Welcome to Beacon Hills, there was something that ran in front of the car. She hit the brakes and ended up crashing the car into a tree.
She groaned from pain and saw the biggest werewolf she’d ever seen. She could tell it wasn’t the nice kind, either. It stood not far from the car and began to approach. That’s when she knew that it wanted to turn her into its dinner. She also knew there wasn’t much she could do. And she wasn’t in the best of shape right now. She couldn’t fend off a wolf, even if her life depended on it.
As she sat in her seat, in pain and injured, she watched the wolf, as it came to the car and easily got the door open. Before it could do anything else though, she and the wolf heard the sound of another wolf.
The wolf turned away from her and she saw the wolf that had roared. He wasn’t fully phased, though. That’s when she realized that wolves here were different. She knew a battle was coming.
She turned her head away and could hear the fighting between them.


About half an hour later, she heard the battle end and someone approach, so she turned her head to see him. It was the wolf that had attacked the fully phased wolf. She knew he was here to help her.
“What’s your name?” he asked her.
“Katherine Pierce,” she answered him. Although she usually didn’t give her name to strangers, she knew she had to so he could help her.
“I’m Derek Hale. I’m going to help you,” he replied.
When he told her that, she knew her assumption was right. He was there to rescue her. Then, a moment after that thought, everything went black for her.


Katherine didn’t know how long she’d been out, but when she woke up, she was in a hospital room and she realized that she was taken care of. She was in a little bit of pain, but she didn’t care. She’d learned centuries ago that pain made you stronger, as long as you could ignore the pain and move on. She also saw that it was daylight now. After she’d assessed all of this, she saw Derek walk in.
“You’re finally awake,” he greeted.
“If you came to make sure I survived, it takes more than a werewolf attack to get rid of me. I’m a lot stronger than I look. It’s sweet that you came to check on me, though.”
“You know about werewolves,” he stated.
“Well, I should hope so. I was a 538 year old vampire until my doppelganger shoved the cure for vampirism down my throat. That’s how I’m human. Since I made many enemies as a vampire, I thought I’d be safe if I kept going.”
“If you’d like, you could stay with me and I’ll protect you if you need it. I know what it’s like to always be running from something. I also know what it’s like to be alone. There are a few other wolves, but I don’t have a pack. Everyone I ever loved were killed by hunters. I’m the only survivor of the fire that killed my family. It wasn’t an accident, though. The hunters set it,” he offered and shared with her.
“I’m sorry you had to go through that, but I learned centuries ago that pain makes you strong. I lost my family, too. The Original werewolf-vampire hybrid needed a doppelganger to break the spell his mother set upon him 1,000 years ago. When I found out, I ran like hell and turned into a vampire by accident. I didn’t know that killing myself with vampire blood in my system would put me in transition. I didn’t know how vengeful he could be, though. When I went home to give my father what he deserved, I found my village, including my family, slaughtered. I hated my father for taking my daughter from me. Even when I searched for her, I couldn’t find her. I don’t know what happened to her. I can see we’re a lot alike,” she replied and informed him.
“That we are,” he agreed. He felt sorry for what she’d been through. He felt the sudden need to protect her, as if they were kindred spirits, meant to be together.
After she agreed to stay with him and let him protect her, they looked at each other for a while. Then he got her checked out of the hospital and he then took her home with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story