Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

4

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-08-07 - 5002 words

0Unrated
The next day went pretty much the same with the circus everything took a little less time to prep as they was in the swing of things from the day before. Jenna and max was finishing up the horses when AN came over.
“hey guys we’re all done over at the big top, Jackie wants to know if we want to go out for dinner. There’s a bunch of us from all over the festival going” AJ said.
“yeh sure we’re almost done here.” Jenna said.
“great I’m starving.” Max said.
“your ways starving.” Jenna laughed.
“right well we'll see you guys over there in am hour or so.” AJ laughed.
“see ya later.” Jenna and max said at the same time. Once they'd finished the horses they went and got showered and changed then headed over to the main circus area where Jackie, Erin, Seraya, Bryony, AJ, Brad and Jay where waiting.
“right is that all of us?” Jackie said doing a head count then they all walked together to the restaurant down the street from the venue. When they arrived their was a large selection of people from the festival there.. the bike team, some of the band’s including good charlotte and the general grounds workers of the festival. They said a few hellos to everyone that they knew. Seraya and Paul where very friendly on the other hand Jenna noticed that Benji seemed quite stand offish with her that she found odd as he'd been so ‘friendly’ lately.
They sat down to each team/band had thier own large table. Once they'd eaten Jackie stood up to do a toast.
“There's so much hard work and dedication that goes into each and every show from all of you and it pays off here’s to a very successful first two days and many more to come.” Jackie said raising her glass.
“cheers to that!” Jenna and max said and everyone else followed with a cheers. Then every one started to mingle the room buzzing with chatting and laughter.
“so how come your in the bad books?” max said sitting down next to Jenna who was deep in thought about Benji's sudden cold shoulder.
“what ya say?” she said snapping put of her thoughts.
“your getting the cold shoulder, why are you in the bad books with Benji?” he asked.
“ah you noticed too?” Jenna said.
“yeh what’s you done?” max said.
“I have no idea?” she said confused and curious.
“it’s probably nothing.” Max tried to brush off.
“hmm.” Jenna wasn’t convinced. They mingled and chatted with the others some more but Jenna was still distracted with Benji’s behaviour.
“go speak to him if it’s bothering you that much.” Max said quietly over Jenna’s shoulder clearly reading her mind.
“you know what I will.” Jenna said noticing Benji sat alone. She went over and sat next to him to which he didn’t look at her right away. He had left what Joel and the guys had said last night sink in a little and decided he needed to avoid Jenna at all costs to avoid temptation. Which was hard as he was just so draw to her she was so beautiful and they got along so well she had such a great personality. She was smart, caring, funny and witty she was his perfect girl.. always had been but and a really big but at that he had a girlfriend.
“So did I er miss the part where I’ve done something to offend you or dis we just skip that and go right to you being pissed off at me.” She said irritably.
“I’m not pissed off at you.” He said turning to look at her for the first time trying to hide the hurt look on his face that She thought he was pissed off at her. Big mistake he looked into her beautiful eyes and he was hooked again.
“well what’s the problem you’d barely spoke or even looked at me today.” She said confused.
“ah I’m sorry I’m an add I’ve just been tired and our show was tough there was a glitch with one of my guitars I’ve been a grump with everyone.” He tired to make an excuse hoping she'd buy it. She eyed him for a minute but he held his cool as best he could.
“you sure?” she said not really believing him.
“yeh come on let’s get a drink.” He said standing up before she had chance to question him again he was relieved when she dropped the subject and followed him over to the bar.
“so what happened at your show.” Jenna asked him he hoped she wouldn’t dig into his excuse any more.
“ah just a problem with my main guitar right before we went on so I had to use one of my others but it made us run a bit late and everything it was just a bit chaotic.” He made up.
“aw that sucks I’m sure you was awesome anyway.” She said reassuringly.
“well hopefully back to normal tomorrow.” He smiled hoping they could leave the subject there and that she wouldn’t bring it up to the other guys. “how’s yhe shows been?” he asked.
“good the horses have been so good and they’re such a hit with the audience it nice to see.” Jenna said she was always giving the horses all the credit and not enough for her self and her own work.
“I’m sure you was pretty awesome too, the horses clearly thrive because of you from what I’ve seen.”
“we're a good team I couldn’t do it without them.” She smiled.
“I’ll have to come watch a show I’d love to see the full effect lights, sequins and all.” He smiled at her with a flirtatious look He just couldn’t control himself.
“hmm I bet you would.” She raised her eyebrows at him. “joking but yeh you should, you know where we are.” She smiled.
“I will I think our set is late on tomorrow so I could probably catch your first show.” He thought put loud.
“sounds like plan.” She smiled.
“and you need to come check out our band too I know you have your hands full with the horses bit when you get a minute your more than welcome.” He said.
“yes sure thing when your playing and we’re free.” She nodded. “saying that if your sets later tomorrow I could probably catch you after my second show and then pop back over to finish the horses off after.
“plan.” He said high fiving her. They spent the rest of the night sat at the bar chatting together as always flirtatiously.
“um Benj we're all leaving now.” Joel said clearing his voice. Benji and Jenna had been so caught up in each other they hadn't noticed the room start to empty.
“right lady we're leaving.” Max said walking right up to Jenna scooping her one his shoulder spinning her round playfully.
“Max! Put me down.” She laughed slapping him on his back playfully!
“race you Max!” AJ said scooping up Erin who was also his long term girlfriend over his shoulder and they raced out and down the street with the girls letting out the odd squeal and scream. Every e looked on in amusement.
“they're fucking nuts aren’t they.” Seraya laughed shaking her head as she and Paul walked over to where Benji and Joel where.
“you can say that again.” Joel laughed.
The rest of them walked back to the festival ground behind max Jenna AJ and Erin. Paul and Seraya hand in hand at the back.
“So I think loves in the air.” Joel said nodding his head to Paul and Seraya as he Benji and Dean walked together.
“isn't it sweet.” Dean laughed.
“I see you don't get at Paul.” Benji mumbled.
“difference is Benj Paul doesn’t already have a girlfriend.” Joel whispered loudly to him.
“whatever.” Benji rolled his eyes knowing he was wrong anyway.
“I thought you was going to back off Jenna anyway.” Joel said.
“I know I tried I just.. I can’t I’m drawn to her.” Benji said pathetically.
“you need to sort something one way or another.” Joel sighed and they walked the rest of the way in silence.

The next day was just like any other the prep for all the shows. Jenna and max was really busy as usual preparing the horses and lending a hand getting the Big top ready where needed.
“So did you find out what the deal was with Benji last night?” max said as they was busy working.
“erm well he said he was tired they'd had a stressful show there was something wrong with his guitar so they was late as he had to get another ready.” She said half paying attention to what she was saying half constraining on prepping sully.
“and you don’t believe him?” max read her.
“yes, no. I don’t know to be honest. He was just really weird for a while then went back to normal Benji and we had a laugh like usual. I just don’t get it.” She brushed off.
“so what you going to do?” max looked at her Jenna was never one to get to bothered or stressed about anything she lived by the don't stress about things you can’t control.
“what can I do.” She shrugged. “there defiantly something but I cant put my finger on it I guess just see what happens, what else can I do.”
“fair play. Come on your on in 10.” He said looking at his watch.

MEAN WHILE AT THE GOOD CHARLOTTE BUS.
Joel was on the phone in the back of the bus to Rachel. Dean and Billy had gone for a look round the festival. Paul and Benji was sat in the front of the bus Paul on his phone and Benji looking at a magazine. Benji looked at his watch and got up walked toward the door of the bus to get his jacket.
“where are you going we’re not playing till like 7pm.” Paul said.
“oh er I was going to go catch the circus performance.” Benji said a little shifty.
“ah I'll come too be good to see Seraya.” Paul said after thinking for a second Benji was just glad it didn’t lead to another Jenna lecture. They headed over to the big top and only just got in. The crowds where always full and queues really big to get in to see the circus.
“I’m glad we got in it's pretty popular isn’t it.” Paul said looking around at the full big top. The show started and right from the start they was amazed. They'd seen some of the performers practice their shows but to get the full circus effect they was taken aback at how spectacular it was. Paul was obviously captivated by watching Seraya on the swing. Benji couldn’t take his eyes off Jenna when she came in his heart skipped a beat she put on a hell of a show clearly a crowd favourite and in her little sequin outfit she was stunning. After the show the performers and Jenna with the horses hung around and the crowds visibly loved going over to talk and meat them. There was always a big queue to see Jenna and the horses. Benji loved watching how patient and kind she was taking the time to smile answer questions and take photos with anyone who wanted. As Paul and Benji was late in they was at right at the back and so took a while for them to get down to make their way either to the ring or out the exit.
“so you and Seraya official now?” Benji grinned at Paul.
“yeh we are.” Paul beamed.
“happy for you she seems a nice girl.” Benji said.
“she is isn’t she.” Paul nodded in agreement. “you’ve got it bad for Jenna haven’t you.” Paul said eyeing Benji. Out of all the guys Paul has spoke to him the least about Jenna. Benji slowly nodded.
“I cant help it and I know I know there’s Mia but I just...” Benji struggled waiting to be lectured again.
“there’s always been a spark between you and Jenna I can understand it must be hard the way you left things years ago then being around each other like this.” Paul said sympathetically which Benji appreciated. “but also you know you need to make a decision where your heads at because the longer it goes on like this the harder its going to be and worse the out come.” Paul said.
“I know I really do I'm just scared to face it and risk loose Jenna all together as well as Mia and I know that sounds selfish and just burying my head in the sand in this sort of limbo but at least I haven’t hurt or lost anyone yet.” Benji said truthfully and honestly he found it easier with Paul because he wasn't lecturing him like the others.
“it can't and won't stay like this forever though.” Paul said.
“I know.” Benji sighed. As crowd had filtered out finally and they got to the front of the big top
“hey I didn’t know you guys was coming.” Seraya seen them first. As Jenna still had a few people around her.
“surprise.” Paul smiled giving her a kiss on the cheek.
“so did you enjoy the show?” Seraya smiled.
“yes it was awesome.” Paul said Benji nodded in agreement.
“hey Jenna over here.” Seraya shouted Jenna over as she seen the last of the people leave her.
“hey guys you came.” Jenna smiled eyes lingering on Benji's.
“of course.” Benji smiled. “you guys where brilliant.”
Paul and Seraya wandered off in their own little world.
“walk back to the stables with me?” Jenna asked Benji he nodded and followed her.
“hey.” Max said as he seen them walking over. Benji gave him the guy nod. “here.” Max passed her a jacket as he walked past on his way over to help out at the big top now she was back with the horses.
“thanks see you in a bit.” Jenna smiled at him as he walked past. He jokingly slapped her on the ass which was just really normal banter between them and she just laughed it off. Benji gave them an odd look he still had his doubts to if there really was something going on between them. Max didn’t see the look Benji gave them but Jenna caught a glimpse as she turned to look back at him. She eyed him as he didn’t notice she noticed at first then a second later he made eye contact with her.
“that wouldn’t be a look of jealousy would it.” She called him out only taking it lightly. After all she knew it meant nothing between her and max and even though there was a spark between herself and Benji there was nothing official or anything so it was all totally innocent.
“what you talking about.” Benji flushed and stuttered not realising she'd seen him.
“you know there’s nothing between me and max. It’s all just a laugh.” Jenna said a little more seriously when she seen Benji's reaction.
“oh yeh, yeh of course.” Benji stuttered.
Jenna just laughed it off and put sully back in his stable to start untacking him.
“so what time are you guys playing tonight?” Jenna asked from inside the stable and Benji was stood on the outside.
“7pm.” Benji smiled.
“ah great If I crack on here we can probably make it in time.” Jenna smiled.
“great.” Benji smiled back.
“So you liked the show?” Jenna asked.
“yeh you guys put on such an amazing show and clearly popular with all the crowds. Watching you guys practice clearly your all very talented but then seeing the full show was awesome you guys clearly work so hard.” He smiled.
“we do and it’s so worth it. I love chatting to people at the end getting feed back and they love seeing the horses it just makes it all worth it.” She smiled. Benji couldn’t help but love how passionate she was about the whole experience.
“hey Benj we need to head back for sound check.” Paul called walking over to them.
“ok I guess I'll have to go but hopefully see you later.” Benji said.
“yeh see you later, bye Paul.” Jenna smiled as they left and she carried on with the horses.

The second circus show went well and they was finished on time with enough time for Jenna to get ready to see the good Charlotte set. Seraya had made plans to go with her to see Paul of course.
“so did Benji enjoy the show today?” max called to Jenna across the horse box she was getting ready in the tiny bathroom that she'd got down to a fine art by now and he was relaxing in the sofa.
“yeh they both did said we clearly work hard and that we was awesome.” Jenna called back.
“well I’m sure if he wasn’t totally besotted with you before he will be now has seen you in your sequins under those lights.” Max laughed.
“hmm, providing he doesn’t still think we’re at it.” Jenna laughed walking though making light of it.
“what?!” max half laughed and was half shocked.
“yeh I caught him giving us a jealous look after you slapped my ass before. I called him out on it though and said there was nothing to it.” She said not making a big deal of it.
“So do you think that’s why he’s been off with you at times?” max asked.
“maybe.” Jenna shrugged checking her make up in the mirror.
“you don’t seem too bothered.” He said.
“well I know there's nothing between us you know there’s nothing between us I've told Benji as much and anyway it's not like we’re actually dating or anything at the moment we’re just old mates that’ve been a bit flirting.” Jenna said simply.
“anyway take your time tonight I'll do late checks on the horses.” Max said sat on the sofa of the horse box as Jenna came through ready in simple but sexy skinny jeans and a fitted shirt with some top buttons open to reveal some cleavage and stiletto shoe boots.
“are you sure? You should come with us then we can do checks when we get back.” Jenna said.
“nah it’s ok I’ll just chill out here and it’s maybe best if Benji thinks there's something going on between us.” Max said stretching.
“if your sure?” Jenna asked again to be certain.
“I’m sure.” He smiled. “go have a good time.”
As if on queue Seraya knocked in the door and walked in.
“I was going to ask are you ready but I'd say your more than ready.” Seraya said looking Jenna up and down. “hey max.” She added.
“alright Seraya.” Max nodded.
“right are we ready to go then?” Jenna asked Seraya.
“yep come on.” Seraya beamed.
“have a good time.” Max called.
“we will.” Seraya smiled.
“see you later max.” Jenna called.
Jenna and Seraya walked over to the main stage good charlotte had just gone on.
“come on Paul said to go to the side of the stage to watch.” Seraya said taking Jenna’s hand and pulling her along. They got to the side of the stage Paul noticed them right away smiled and blew Seraya a kiss. A few seconds later Benji looked up and caught Jenna's eye contact she smiled and He winked at her. They watched them play and chatted between themselves. Once good charlotte had finished playing they came off stage said their hellos to the girls. Paul and Seraya didn’t waste anytime in disappearing off together. Benji and billy got pulled to one side to be asked some questions from one of the stage hands and Joel and Dean was chatting to some fans. Jenna sat on a large box waiting patiently, about ten minutes later Benji walked over to her smiling. She stayed sat on the box as he stopped right in front of her his legs between hers and he place his hands either side of her on the box.
“you came.” He said unable to take the smile off his face.
“I said I would didn’t I.” She smiled back looking up to him their faces inches apart as he looked down at her.
“I’m glad you did.” He said still stiring into her eyes.
“me to.” She smiled they was about to kiss when Joel interrupted them.
“erm Benj phone.” Joel announced holding a phone out to him. Jenna noticed a slightly irritated look on Joel’s face when he seen them. Benji sighed looking less than impressed and as if having a mental battle with himself to whether to take the phone call or stay with Jenna. “it’s M...” Joel started looking cross at Benji. Benji shot Joel a look that Jenna didn’t quite catch.
“coming!” Benji called cutting Joel off. “I’m sorry.” Benji looked at Jenna apologetically.
“ok.” Jenna nodded slightly confused by the scene unfolding in front of her. Benji was clearly pissed off at Joel and Joel looked irritated at Benji but Jenna couldn’t figure out why.
“hey where's Benj.” Billy smiled walking up behind Jenna.
“taking a phone call.” Jenna smiled at him.
“ah.” Billy said with a slightly awkward look.
“billy don't suppose you know anyone's name beginning with M do you.” Jenna frowned at him she was sure there was something going on.
“w-what do you mean?” billy said sounding slightly nervous.
“the person Benji’s on the phone to their name started with M and when Joel handed Benji the phone they looked pissed off at each other, was just curious?” she said tying to do some digging.
“oh I dunno I’m not sure to be honest and I wouldn’t think much into it you know what their like they fight like cat and dog over nothing then the next thing their fine again, twins for you.” Billy said but still sounding as if their was more to it.
“hmm ok.” Jenna left it their for now. “but hey great show.” She smiled at him patting him on the shoulder to change the subject as she could tell it made billy a bit uncomfortable.
“glad you had a good time.” Billy smiled relaxing a bit more. “so what’s your plans now?”
“well Seraya dropped me like a hot potato the minute she seen Paul so I guess I'll just head back over to the horse box with you guys on your way.” Jenna said.
Dean joined Billy and Jenna and chatted for a while longer until Benji reappeared. Joel had disappeared but followed Benji over once he'd finished on the phone.
“ready to make a move?” billy asked as they came over. They both clear was in a mood confirming to Jenna something odd was going on. Billy noticed her frowning at them clearly noticing there was something going on.
“yeh come let’s get out of here.” Dean said making a move. Joel walked with Dean ahead Benji hung back for Jenna as she jumped off the box and they followed Billy eyed the two of them for a second and then joined up with Joel and Dean.
“you wanna come back to ours for a bit?” Benji asked Jenna putting an arm around her shoulders. It was clear there was still an atmosphere going around.
“nah I’ll best be getting back I need to do a night check on the horses and I’m shattered.” Jenna made an excuse.
“ah ok maybe another time.” Benji said looking a little disappointed but still a little distracted. “I’ll walk you back.” He said she nodded. They walked back in an uncomfortable silence between the five of them but no one seemed to want to bring it up. As they got to the turn off for the circus area Joel Dean and Billy said good night to Jenna something still clearly bothering Joel. Benji walked her the rest of the way to her door.
“Sorry I didn’t get much time to spend with you tonight.” Benji smiled apologetically seeming a little more his usual self now they was alone.
“don’t worry about it." Jenna brushed off. They looked into each other’s eyes for a minute Jenna was trying to read him to figure out what was going on he was so hot and cold at the minute and she just couldn’t figure out why. She knew him well enough years ago to know they was both attracted to each other but they’re close friendship made them more reluctant to want to risk loosing it if a relationship didn’t work out. As time went on it was more clear they would both like to give a relationship a go however they never had time to get there before he left on tour and they lost contact. She knew he wasn’t always confident to tell her how he felt for some reason he didn’t feel like he was good enough for her when in actual fact they was perfect for each other. However she just couldn’t put her finger on what was going on lately.
Benji could get lost in her eyes he genuinely loved her so much in every way. When he was with her he was so happy he didn’t want anything else but then dragging him back to reality was Mia he did love and care for Mia but he wasn’t in love with her he wasn’t attracted to her however he'd been with her for so long it was hard to end it with her. He was also scared to take the leap if he ended it with Mia it would cause so much trouble Mia would be hurt and upset Joel and Rachel would probably be angry however Joel was already angry at him Jenna would be hurt and angry at him and he would moat likely loose her too and that hurt the most he didn’t want to be this close to her again and loose her again. He knew he couldn’t keep up with things how they was for much longer but he just wanted to be with Jenna.
“Benj are you ok?” she asked softly looking into his troubled eyes.
“yea yeh.” He said not very convincing.
“are you sure? Is there something going on?” she asked genuinely concerned.
“no everything's fine.” Benji insisted she eyed him for a minute not believing him fully.
“I know its been a while but we used to be really close and you know I’m here for you if you do ever need to talk about anything at all.” She said.
“come here.” He smiled pulling her into a hug. “never mind used to be I’d like to think we are or can be again as close as we was before I left.” He whispered to her into the hug. They stayed hugging for a little while as they pulled a part they had a quick kiss.
“anyways I best leave you to get on.” Benji smiled.
“goodnight Benji.” She smiled back and watched him walk away.
“your back earlier than I expected.” Max said turning his attention to Jenna from the tv as she walked in.
“yea.” She sighed as she sat down.
“go on what’s going on?” max said switching the t.v. off turning his attention to Jenna knowing something was bothering her.
“oh I don’t know I’m maybe just being paranoid or something.” Jenna said.
“what happened" max said eyeing her.
“well they where already on when we got there. when they came off Seraya buggered off with Paul Benji was talking to a stage hand then came over everything was fine then Joel called to Benji that he had a phone call and they seemed pissed off at each other then there was like this odd atmosphere. Billy and Dean spoke to me fine but there was defiantly something going on. We walked back and when me and Benji was alone I asked him if he was ok and stuff he said he was but I’m not convinced then he was like I really want to be like we used to be. What’s that supposed to mean does he mean as mate or in a relationship or in that silly limbo. I’m just not a kid anymore I don’t want to be playing stupid ‘games'.” Jenna explained.
“you know what if I didn’t see the way he looks at you I'd say is he worth the hassle but I see in his eyes how much he adores you and I know he means alot to you too.” Max said not really knowing what else to say.
“I just don’t want to be messed around again after Karl (her ex) I just cannot go through shit like that again.” She said not often choosing to bring up Karl.
“no one will ever treat you the way Karl did for as long as I’m around that’s for sure.” He said putting an arm round her kissing her temple in a protective way. They went to bed not long after.
Sign up to rate and review this story