Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

13

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-08-07 - 5188 words

0Unrated
The next morning Jenna’s alarm went off as usual, she rolled over to turn it off and forgot for a spilt second to why there was another body in her bed as Frankie had left but she soon remembered it was Benji. As she leaned over Benji to switch her alarm off Benji’s eyes fluttered open.
“good Morning.” She smiled at him virtually on top of him.
“what time is it? Be for you call it a good morning.” Benji groaned.
“6.30am.” she smiled.
“What? That’s defiantly not a good morning. Why so early?” Benji groaned.
“I have a job and horses to do we can’t all be rock stars like you.” Jenna joked to him, he gave her a touché look.
“I suppose there is a bright side to being woke up so early.” Benji said coyly.
“yeh what's that?” Jenna asked coyly back.
“wake up to you.” He smirked pulling her in for a kiss.
“oh really." She said raising her eyebrows at him kissing him again.
“right right right as tempting as this is I need to get up and drag max's hung over ass outta bed or well off the sofa.” Jenna laughed pulling away from him and getting up and dressed.
“well like you say we can’t all be rock stars.” Benji smirked lying back. It’s was Jenna's turn to give him the touché look.
“well you enjoy your self.” Jenna smirked.
“do you fancy doing something later? We’re playing at around 3ish so we should be done around the same time as you guys.” Benji said on a more serious note.
“well it’s karaoke night here if you want to subject your self to that again. Totally understand if you would rather stick hot pins in your eyes.” Jenna laughed.
“hmm I think I might just be persuaded to come, hot pins in your eyes is so over rated.” He laughed.
“if your sure.” Jenna played along. “ see you later.” She said seriously and gave him one more quick kiss before going dragging max’s hung over ass out of bed and out to do the horses and get ready for the shows as usual. Benji made his way over to his bus not long after.
Later that day the circus guy where finishing up for the day and Benji and Paul came walking over.
“hey good show?” Seraya asked greeting Paul with a kiss.
“yeah well you know when you’ve got it you’ve got it.” Paul joked high fiving Benji to get a roll of the eyes from Seraya and Jenna.
“we’re almost done here.” Seraya said.
“cool we can hang around and help put if you like?” Paul said.
“won’t turn down help when it’s offered.” Jackie laughed handing him some boxes.
“you’ll be sorry you said that.” Jenna laughed walking past Benji and Paul. Jenna went over to start finishing off the horses for the day whilst everyone else finished off at the big top.
A little while later max came over to the stables with Benji Paul and Seraya.
“hey we’re all done over there, where you up to here?” max said.
“erm just the nets and feeds, I’ve done the waters and just need to skip out trigger.” Jenna said.
“ok I’ll start the nets, you may as well so trigger whilst you have your wheelie then we can do feeds?” max suggested.
“perfect.” Jenna smiled.
“you wanna help Seraya?” max joked knowing Seraya was always a bit nervous of the horses and that she had allergies to the hay.
“no thanks I'll pass.” Seraya said as if she couldn’t think of anything worse.
“you guys work so hard I had no idea that you did all this day in day out.” Paul said after helping over at the big top and seeing then what the horses needed too.
“yeh it's not easy but it’s worth it and we have a laugh. we're like one big happy dysfunctional family.” Seraya said.
“well what they say work hard play hard.” Max laughed.
“cheers to that.” Jenna called in agreement from puzzles stable causing them to laugh.
“right well speaking of playing hard we’re going to go and see what the other guys are up to and meet you back here for karaoke.” Seraya said.
“you coming with us Benj?” Paul asked.
“um no I'll just stay over here.” Benji said. Jenna caught his eye and smiled. Jenna and max finished the horses whilst Benji helped here and there. They cracked open a few beers and hung out by the horse box for a bit talking and having a laugh the three of them got along really well Jenna couldn’t be happier that her best friend and well boyfriend (even if it’s not been said out loud officially yet) was getting along so well.
“right are we going to head over sounds like most people are over there.” Jenna said as they could hear voices and AJ testing the microphone out.
“yeh you not getting changed first?” max asked as she was still in her breeches with trainers vest top and hair in a messy bun from doing the horses.
“nah it’s not like we’re going anywhere special is it.” Jenna laughed.
“fair point.” Max shrugged and started walking over to the RVs. Jenna linked an arm with Benji and they followed max. Benji looked at her and smiled contently happy things where starting to work out.

“wh-Hey now the party can get started!” Seraya said as the three of them joined them. Seraya Paul brad Erin AJ Billy Dean Joel and Rachel where all sat together. Jackie was floating around talking to everyone as usual and there was a few other from the festival dotted around.
“Jenna has max been slacking that much that you didn’t have time to get changed?” AJ laughed.
“hey I work my ass off.” Max said flicking a bit at him.
“what do I need to get changed for to sit round here with you lot." Jenna said faking outrage.
“well I guess we know where we stand.” Brad laughed.
“hey if I looked that good I wouldn’t be assed about getting changed either. Look at that ass.” Erin laughed slapping Jenna's ass as she was leaning over to get a bottle of beer making her jump. Everyone was laughing and amused except Rachel who was giving a look of disgust and Joel a glare to make him stop laughing.
“ok not that Jenna's ass isn't appreciated but do I need to be concerned about my fiancée batting for the other team.” AJ announced with a smirk knowing exactly what he'd just done Erin looked at him half shocked half amused. Jenna almost choked on her mouth full of beer. Only Jenna Jackie and max picked up on the fact that AJ had just referred to Erin as his fiancée for the first time everyone else seemed distracted and amused at the joke of Erin checking out Jenna etc.
“did you actually just say fiancée?!” Jenna almost choked. AJ and Erin just grinned.
“well I believe congratulations are in order.” Jackie said giving them both a hug.
“holy shit man.” Max laughed giving Erin a hug and AJ a guy hug as everyone else caught on and began congratulating them, asking how an when etc.
Everyone was starting to break off into their own conversations and doing their own thing the drinks flowing and the karaoke in full swing. Jenna and Benji was sat closely talking quite flirtatiously but also just so naturally.
“those two seem to be getting along well.” Seraya said observing Jenna and Benji sat with Billy Dean Erin and Paul, AJ and Brad where currently hogging the karaoke.
“they are aren’t they so nice to see finally, again.” Billy smiled.
“it's like the gap in their friendship relationship what ever you call it never even happened and they’ve picked up right where they left off all those years ago.” Paul said.
“so like where they together back then?” Seraya asked intrigued.
“erm Well officially no.” Billy struggled to answer the question.
“but they may as well have been.” Paul said.
“they’ve always been very close, they both had hard times growing up, Joel included but Benj and Jenna always had another level together they just silently get each other and have each other's backs.” Billy explained.
“aw just look at the way they look at each other.” Erin gushed.
“hey what are you lot talking about over there.” Jenna said noticing they was watching them.
“just how cute you guys are.” Seraya grinned cheeseily.
“urgh seriously stop.” Jenna cringed and laughed.
“Hey Jenna your up next.” Jackie called hinting to the karaoke.
“I didn’t put my name on the list.” Jenna said confused.
“no but I did.” Max laughed.
“ah fuck off I’m not drunk enough yet.” Jenna said.
“Whitney Houston hail Mary.” Brad read out loud what Jenna was down for.
“ah man Jenna come on you have to do it you do it so well.” AJ said excitedly.
“seriously. Defiantly not drunk enough yet.” Jenna said.
“well drink. Here tequila shot or two or three.” AJ laughed placing the shots in front of her.
“not tequila!” max and Jenna said at the same time.
“what the hell is with you two and tequila?” Erin laughed all of them still confused as to why they’d both suddenly gone off tequila.
“gone off it.” Jenna said.
“drank too much of it.” Max said. As he and Jenna had flash backs to that night
“fine but here drink.” AJ said topping up Jenna's glass.
They all went back to talking laughing and drinking again all getting on as one big group with the exception of Rachel and inadvertently Joel. Seraya and Erin did a song, max did, even Dean and Paul.
“right lady your turn now no buts about it.” Jackie grinned and went over taking Jenna's hand and dragging her up. Jenna who was now like everyone else pretty drunk. Erin slapped her on the ass along the way. Max and Brad wolf whistled.
“go on Jenna!” AJ laughed. Jenna laughed too flipping them off. True to Jenna form she ‘pulled it out the bag’ and put on a great version of hail Mary. Some were even shocked at how good her voice actually was plus the eccentric dance moves to go along with it.
When she'd finished there was lots of cheering and clapping and obviously a glare of Rachel.
“good job Jenna!” Erin said as Jenna walked back over to the table.
“hey Jen I think your on the wrong stage you should be over there.” Paul said pointing to the main stage where the band’s play.
Jenna just laughed at them with a joking nod and a shrug she wasn't great at taking complements so mostly joked them off. She sat back down next to Benji and had a drink as everyone went back to their own conversations.
“I forgot how amazing your voice is.” Benji smiled at her.
“oh its nothing special.” She laughed.
“No I'm serious.” Benji smiled. “you really should be over there.” Benji said nodding his head towards the main stage.
“well it’s just for fun, signings not my thing. Give me a horse over a microphone any day.” She laughed.
“Jenna come On!” max shouted.
Before she had chance to say or do anything max grabbed her by the hand pulling her back up towards the karaoke then ‘Do you love me’ from dirty dancing came on. They did a classic fun Jenna and max comedy version of it elaborate dance moves and everything everyone else laughing along too. Jenna was so lean and max was so muscular he threw her around doing the dance moves with ease.
“those two are actually crazy.” Dean laughed.
“holy shit they're so funny.” Seraya said breathless from laughing.
“hey Jackie I was thinking we could do a reality show filming a day in the life of Jenna and max we could make millions.” AJ laughed.
“seem pretty stupid to me.” Rachel muttered under her breath Joel Benji and AJ defiantly heard her AJ glared at her then looked to Joel and Benji who tried to pretend they didn’t hear her. Seraya and Erin looked over suspiciously as they heard Rachel say something but didn't hear what exactly but knew it mustn’t have been good.
“what are we actually going to do without them for three days it'll be so quite.” Brad said.
“it certainly will and the audience will miss the horses and Jenna of course.” Jackie smiled.
“yeh we all know Jenna and the horses are the stars.” Seraya laughed in a nice way. Each of the circus performers where excellent and talent at what they did and they all brought a lot to the shows but Jenna really was an amazing show woman and the audience loved her and the horses. They all accepted and supported that there was no jealousy or hard feelings just the occasional joke like ‘she's the golden girl’ ‘she's the favourite’ etc. Jenna was so modest and supportive to everyone else she didn’t see herself as any better or bigger than any of them which was part of her charm.
“are they going somewhere?” Billy asked curiously taking the words right out of Benji mouth.
“Jenna's got a competition its a qualifier for the internationals. Normally she would do with when we’re not running the circus but it’s been hard fitting in a qualifier either when we’re not on the road or one close enough. This is the best we've got to give her enough time to do another couple if need be.” Jackie explained.
“not that she’ll need to anyway Jenna's shit hot at what she does with those horses.” Seraya said.
“what are we all talking about?” Jenna said having heard her name in conversation walking over followed by max both still slightly breathless from their routine.
“just saying we’re going to miss you when you go for your qualifiers.” Erin smiled.
“aw really that’s sweet.” Jenna smiled with a laugh.
“yeh we don’t know how we'll cope with out our star attraction.” AJ laughed.
“ah well in that case I could always leave max and sully behind put him in a sequin leotard and let him ride round the big top, alright it might not be my routine but it'll sure as hell be funny.” Jenna joked causing everyone to laugh.
“hey hey hey I see one thing wrong with that.” Max announced.
“just one thing?” AJ laughed.
“yet why do I have to have sully he's nuts and he hates me.” He expressed to Jenna.
“hey you and me fall it big time if you start on my sully again.” Jenna warned jokingly. Max held his hands up in defence. Jenna got a drink and sat back down next to Benji.
“Jesus I’m dun in now.” She sighed tired it was getting late and she'd been up and at it like usual from 6.30 am having prepped the horses and circus for the shows, preformed both shows, done the horses and then been up and about at the karaoke.
“I bet, it doesn't seem like you ever just stop and relax.” Benji smiled.
“stop and relax, what’s that?” Jenna joked Benji smiled and laughed as they had that usual strong connection when they interacted lost in each other eyes.
“so when do you go away for your completion?” Benji asked.
“the day after tomorrow or well may as well say tomorrow night we’ll be up so early to load up and travel to get there in time for my first competition.” Jenna explained.
“ah really.” Benji said a little quite strangely he felt he would miss her whilst she was gone which he knew was a bit odd as it was only for a few days but he’d just got used to and liked being with her and able to see her every day.
“Hey I’m so sorry I totally forgot to tell you I almost forgot myself its a good job Jackie’s on the ball.” Jenna said realising he looked a bit down that she hadn’t said.
“ah it’s ok I just kinda sorta got used to seeing you every day and I liked it.” He said quietly moving closer to her so she could still hear him smiling.
“yeh really I kind sorta like it too.” She smiled closing the gap between them and kissing him.
“so I was thinking of taking you to dinner you know as like a sort of official date...” Benji started.
“oh a date.” Jenna smiled.
“yes a date I know it’s maybe a little backwards with all our history and everything but I thought it’d be nice but well your away for a few days now so it’ll maybe have to wait.” Benji said a little nervously.
“a date sounds amazing.” Jenna smiled sweetly reassuring him. “soon as I’m back feel free to whisk me away to be wined and dined.” Jenna laughed making him laugh too.
“sounds good to me." Benji smiled.
“how cute are those two." Erin said noticing the exchanged and interaction between Jenna and Benji.
“I know bless them.” Seraya gushed as if watching a romantic movie where the two main characters finally get together.
“where they always like this?” Erin looked over to billy Paul and Joel.
“erm it was a bit more...” Paul started.
“complicated.” Joel said simply.
“it was always there that spark and look I their eyes everyone knew they had more than friendship feelings even they knew it but there was so much going on in the rest of their lives that was pretty shit that they was almost too scared to do anything to spoil their great friendship being anything more.” Billy explained.
“very philosophical Billy, I totally agree though.” Paul said.
“it’s nice that they have had a second chance now they’re both clearly in better places in their lives. Not many people are so lucky.” Jackie said and they nodded in agreement. Rachel over heard and scoffed in disagreement this time it was Joel's turn to glare at her as he noticed they all noticed her and she frowned at him.
Jenna got up to go to the toilet and get a drink Rachel leant over closer to Benji.
“hey Benj.” She called in a hushed tone to him to move closer to her to hear what she had to say. Up until lately they was always friendly.
“are you sure your 100% about this.” She said motioning to him and Jenna. “I mean have you actually seen her with that max and they’re going away together alone for a few days. Suspicious if you ask me.” Rachel said as if she was doing him a favour looking out for him.
“ah it’s not like that at all.” Benji brushed off.
“No I mean it Benji I'm trying to look out for you I don’t want you getting hurt or messed around. I have a bad feeling about those two, no one can be that close and just be friends right?” Rachel said trying to manipulate his way of thinking and get in his head.
“nah I don’t think so.” Benji brushed off again after a moment of thought. Rachel shrugged and sat back up in her seat with a satisfied smile that she could see a bit of doubt she'd put in Benji’s mind.
“Hey.” Jenna smiled as she sat back down.
“think about it Benji.” Rachel said giving him a look. The thing with Rachel is the guys did all mostly get along with her and she was trying to look out for Benji not just hate on Jenna because she was friends with Mia.
“everything ok?” Jenna asked looking slightly confused and suspicious.
“yep.” Benji smiled but not wishing to elaborate.
“so Jenna this erm thing your going to...” Rachel started.
“what?.. oh the qualifiers?” Jenna said slightly confused as to why Rachel was talking to her.
“Yes I was just curious why is he going with you?” she asked pointing at max smugly pretending to be asking nicely but really just to cause trouble.
“max? Because I need someone with me it’s a long drive for one person and there’s the horses to get ready and care for its a lot of work.” Jenna explained feeling Joel and Benji's eyes on her listening in.
“but why him?” Rachel said suspiciously again trying to act innocent.
“he knows the job and the horses but um why exactly are you asking?” Jenna said eyeing her.
“no reason just curious.” Rachel shrugged smugly then gave a ‘told you so’ look to Benji.
“what’s that look for? If your trying to get at something just say it?” Jenna said in a slightly raised frustrated voice gaining the attention of everyone around. Rachel smiled smugly knowing Jenna's reaction played into her game
“wow I don't know why your getting all defensive I was just showing an interest trying to get to know you but well judging by your reaction maybe that's a sign of a guilty conscious.” Rachel said.
“seriously guilty conscious for what?” Jenna said starting to loose her patients.
“you tell me?” Rachel smirked.
“love to if I knew what the hell you are talking about.” Jenna said.
“well if you say so.” Rachel said holding her hands up. Then turned to Benji. “like I say I'd keep an eye out on those two.” Pointing between max and Jenna.
“oh really your like a broken record.” Jenna rolled her eyes.
“I’m just trying to look out for Benji.” Rachel said acting the innocent again. “I don't want him getting hurt or messed around.”
“it’s absolutely none of you business. So why don’t you just poke your nose out. Your not trying to look out for Benji at all your just trying to cause shit because you still have a chip on your shoulder about Mia well news flash lady but Mia couldn’t give two hoots and if we really want to get that petty he was mine first anyway! it's just you and your sour-ass attitude throwing your toys out the pram just because you didn’t get your own way. If you really care about Benji and don’t want him getting hurt you wouldn’t be playing these ridiculous games. Now kindly feck off if your not going to join in with the rest of us and just sit there with a face like a pit bull chewing a wasp.” Jenna went on a rampage. Everyone went silent and watched in awe. Jenna hardly ever lost it and was mostly fun loving and friendly having a laugh and calm but when she lost it she really lost it usually for good reason. Rachel stood up and ran off.
“bit too far Jenna.” Joel said standing and running after Rachel. Jenna turned to look at Benji.
“maybe you read a little bit too far into it?” Benji shrugged to Jenna surprise.
“oh fuck this.” Jenna sighed starting to walk of having heard enough from Rachel to then not have back up from Joel was sort of acceptable but Benji.
“Jenna come on just have a drink and chill.” Max called after her.
“wouldn’t want to be accused of anything.” She shot back still heading back to the horse box.
“should I go after her?” Seraya said as they watched Jenna walking away looking thoroughly pissed off.
“no.” Max sighed.
“are you going?” Seraya looked at him.
“no best to leave her to cool off.” Max said opening another beer.
“so what exactly was all that about?” Jackie asked looking at Benji for answers.
“it’s nothing really Rachel she was just trying to get to know Jenna and I think they both got the wrong end of the stick.” Benji squirmed being eyed by Billy and Paul who had a pretty good idea it wasn’t as simple as that.
“really it sounded like a little bit more than that?” Jackie eyed him but left it for now.
“Benj does Rachel still think there’s something going on between max and Jenna?” Billy asked Benji quietly as everyone went back to their conversations.
“sort of, yeah.” Benji said.
“you need to put her right, and talk to Jenna at that.” Paul said being Rachel’s least biggest fan. Benji nodded not making eye contact.
“Benj you don’t actually think there any truths in Rachel’s allegations do you?” Paul eyed him like he was crazy.
“no.” Benji took a bit of time to answer seeming unsure.
“you don’t sound so sure.” Billy said.
“oh man common I thought we had this conversation already.” Max’s voice came from behind them they didn't realise he was there over hearing the three of them jumping slightly and turning to look at him.
“look mate I don’t know how many times or how else to tell you there is nothing going on with me and Jenna.” Max reasoned. Benji nodded still seeming slightly unsure.
“she doesn't want me like that nor me her for that matter. We are close as mates, she's like my sister. You’ve got to get that.” Max said. Benji nodded more confidently this time. “now I think you should go talk to her.”
“do you think she’s calmed down Now?” Benji asked.
“I dunno but if you don’t go to her I'll have to talk to her and I don’t fancy getting the brunt of it.” Max laughed.
“I suppose I deserve it if she does.” Benji laughed.
“good luck mate.” Max smiled as Benji got up and headed over to the horse box.
“so what’s the deal with this Rachel chick cause she's starting to piss me off.” max said looking at Dean Billy and Paul.
“she's a total pain in the ass.” Paul said bluntly having never been Rachel’s biggest fan.
“she's not that bad. In fact we have, do all got along with her pretty well up until recently.” Billy said.
“what do you mean until recently?” max quizzed.
“thing with Rachel is she's ok really she is. Except she does like to have things a certain way.” Dean tried to explain diplomatically.
“her own way.” Paul added.
“yes sort of she liked the idea of her and Mia with the twins it all worked pretty well for her, her best friend by her side in the mix of them seeing band members and well since the break up she's sort of took it out on Jenna. I believe she does truly believe that Jenna is not good for Benji but she is only looking for the bad points because she's upset that Mia and Benji broke up because of Jenna.” Dean explained Billy nodded in agreement.
“but I thought Mia wasn’t that assed either and that hers and Benji relationship was basically over anyway.” Max said.
“well yeh Mia and Benji where never really that close it was more just stuck in a rut but Rachel wont see it like that.” Billy explained.
“what about Joel?” max asked.
“Joel's a difficult one as Joel and Jenna used to be good friends I guess he feels a bit stuck in the middle and for a quiet life he's trying to keep the piece with Rachel.” Paul said.
“well it seems like Rachel and Joel need to just get over themselves and drop it. I’m sure I don't need to tell you guys how awesome Jenna is and well clearly there's a strong connection between Benji and Jenna.” Max said.
“Benji and Jenna where always meant to be together since the start of time itself.” Billy smiled nodding.
“Yes hands down no competition Benji and Jenna all the way.” Paul added.

Over on the horse box Jenna hand gone in poured herself a glass of wine and got changed into something more comfortable trackies and top. She was just starting to calm down and relax when there was a knock at the door.
“max I swear if you forget your keys once more I'm going to staple them to your hand!” she shouted as she flung the door open then looked surprised to see Benji stood the sheepishly rather than max.
“can I come in?” Benji asked quietly as Jenna just stood in the doorway for a second. She turned and walked in picking up her glass of wine again he took that as an ok to follow her in and closed the door behind him.
“Jenna what can I say, I’m sorry I shouldn’t let Rachel get into my head.” Benji said quietly waking closer to Jenna as she still had her back turned to him from them walking in.
“how many times are we going to be here Benji?” she turned to ask him. “there is not nor will there ever be anything going on between me and max. I have a lot of love for max, we spend a lot of time together like your band on tour however tour rarely stops for us, we are close friends he’s like my right arm to me and he's not going anywhere so you need to accept that and we do not think of each other romantically at all.” Jenna explained sounding hurt.
“I understand.” Benji nodded.
“do you though do you really? Because it seems every time Rachel sets her claws in we’re back here. I thought we knew each other better.” Jenna said still sounding hurt.
“I guess I just felt a little insecure us having only just reconnected again I let it get the better of me.” Benji said.
“oh come on Benj I’m not like that I thought you knew me better than that, I though I knew you better than that.” Jenna said.
“I do, you do. Please let me prove it to you.” Benji said stepping closer to her eyes locked.
“so prove it.” She said as more of a whisper with a little cheeky smirk then as he placed his hand gently on her cheek and leant in kissing her to which she kissed back. She stepped into him closer putting her arms around his neck and he slid his hand down around her waist resting them on her hips as they depended the kiss. Max walked in and stopped in the door way noticing Benji and Jenna with a smirk.
“I guess I'll go and stay at Brad and AJs tonight.” Max said then left happy to see they'd ‘made up’
Sign up to rate and review this story