Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

16

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-09-10 - 4219 words

0Unrated
The next morning Jenna’s alarm went off as she turned it off Benji stated to wake up.
“what time is it?” he asked groggily dreading her answer.
“six thirty.” She smiled knowing he hated early mornings.
“seriously? I don't think I can stay over with you again if it involves these ridiculous wake up times.” Benji groaned.
“aw does this make it better.” Jenna faked sympathy with a laugh then kissed him.
“a little bit I think I need another though.” He smirked kissing her again.
“right come on we need to make a move.” Jenna said a little reluctantly.
“yeh must feed those horses.” Benji joked sarcastically with a laugh.
“hey your starting sound like max.” Jenna warned in the same joking tone. As they went through to the main bit of the horse box max was lay flat out on his back half on and half hanging off the sofa still fully clothed from last night.
“see what did I tell ya.” Jenna laughed to Benji.
Jenna went over to the tap and filled a glass of water.
“help yourself to tea, coffee toast or well anything else you might be lucky enough to find.” Jenna said to Benji then walked over to max and poured the glass over his head.
“holy shit!” max jumped up, Jenna burst out laughing and Benji looked on shocked and amused.
“Jenna! Not again.” Max started to laughed wiping his face with a towel. “you know I’m going to get you back.” He shook his head smirking.
“mostly likely.” Jenna shrugged without a care in the world.
“not again? As in this happens on a regular basis?” Benji laughed in disbelief.
“occasionally.” Jenna said simply as if weighing it up in her head.
“mate she is a bitch.” Max joked.
“you two are actually nuts.” Benji shook his head laughing at them. They both looked at him as if it was normal. “anyways I'm going get going so you two can crack on.”
“let me know the plans for tonight tine and stuff when you can?” Jenna called after him.

At lunch time once Jenna and max had finished the horses for lunch and the circus was prepped for the second show of the day max Jenna Seraya Erin AJ and Brad where sat outside the RVs chilling and having some lunch. Max was sat behind Jenna as Benji came walking over.
“Hey.” Jenna smiled whilst having a cigarette and she felt what she thought was a bug on her neck that she attempted to brush away.
“hey I not got much time before sound check but thought I’d come to let to know the tables booked for 7.30 tonight, is that Ok? Will you be able to get over to our bus for just after 7.00.” he asked as he let out a little laugh as she tried to brush away the ‘bug’ she felt on her neck again slightly more irritated.
“yeh sure that should be fine.” She smiled at him. This time jumping up moving in attempt to loose the persistent ‘bug'.
“Jesus Christ!” she shouted frustrated at the ‘bug’ to which everyone laughed as she turned round to see max in stitches laughing at her holding a piece of straw that was clearly the ‘bug'
“MAX! You ass!” Jenna launched at him half angry half laughing hitting him with her baseball hat.
“that’s like the oldest trick in the book.” AJ laughed.
“I know totally fell for that one didn’t I.” Jenna said satisfied she'd beaten max enough sitting back down fixing her hat.
“right so seven o'clock your place.” Jenna smiled to Benji taking a breath regaining composure. “Max has just offered to finish the horses tonight so will have plenty of time to get ready.” Jenna smiled sarcastically to max then back at Benji
“have I?” max laughed.
“yes you have.” Jenna shit back at him with a smirk.
“ok great ill see you later.” Benji smiled giving her a quick kiss on the cheek then heading over to sound check.
“ooo so you guys have a bit sate planned tonight?” Seraya asked with a grin.
“erm not quite.” Jenna said not to convincingly.
“how do you mean?” Seraya asked.
“well it’s more of a double date..” Jenna stated they all looked at her a little confused. “..with Joel and Rachel.” Jenna finished.
“Are you fucking mad!” AJ burst out with a laugh as everyone else looked at her like she was crazy.
“If you wanted to go on a double date did you not want to go with like Seraya and Paul.” Erin laughed.
“your not planning to poison her are you.” Max joked.
“No. You know when we was away I know some of you including Benji had words with Joel which brought him to his senses a bit and he’s apparently had words with Rachel to let her know that she doesn’t need to ‘protect’ Benji from me. So Joel suggested we all go for dinner together, I don’t know to like burry the hatchet or something.” Jenna explained.
“well your a better woman than me Jenna. There’s no way I’d be giving her the time of day let alone sit down to dinner with her.” Seraya said.
“and me.” Erin agreed.
“well you know I need to do something to try to make things a bit more pleasant for everyone. I can’t stand the tension and atmosphere any time I want to see the guys. I do t have to like her or anything just try to make things tolerable. Don’t think for one second I’m gullible enough to believe that she actually wants to be friends or like me but what can I say I’m the bigger person.” Jenna smirked.
“well hat’s off to you Jenna.” Brad said respectfully and high fiving her.
“right come on you lot let’s get ready for the show.” Jackie called to them.

MEAN WHILE
Benji just arrived over at sound check.
“hey so can Jenna make it?” Joel asked as Rachel as stood with him.
“yeh she'll be over around 7.00.” Benji said.
“perfect.” Rachel said enthusiastically then walked off.
“it'll be fine, she'll be fine.” Joel said positively Benji gave him a less confident look.
“what’s all that about?” Deana asked.
“Joel arranged a double date for himself and Rachel with me and Jenna.” Benji said.
“wow that’s brave.” Dean couldn't help but burst out.
“Benj mate did I just hear you right your taking Jenna on a double date with Joel and Rachel?” Paul asked with a laugh in disbelief.
“yes you did.” Benji laughed in a yes I don’t be live it too way.
“has Jenna agreed?” Billy asked. Benji nodded.
“does she know Rachel will be there?” Billy asked again Benji nodded.
“are you mad you have finally got the girl you’ve been in love with since the dawn of time and yet all you seem to be doing is trying to concoct ways of making her hate you.” Paul said not mincing his words for a second.
“I know I’m aware that it's probably a big ask but you know we’re trying to move forwards the four of us and clear the air so hopefully this will just smooth things over.” Benji said hopefully.
“or just kick off world war three.” Paul said. Benji gave a half nod in acceptance that what Paul said was also a possibility.
“I’m sure it’ll be fine. We know Jenna is good at keeping her cool, hopefully Rachel will be on her best behaviour though.” Billy reasoned.
“yes Jenna can keep her cool up until she's pushed too far then she really blows.” Paul said knowingly.
“it will be fine I think it’s a good thing.” Billy smiled positively to Benji although you could still she a slight bit of doubt in his eyes.
“good luck mate.” Dean said patting him on the shoulder.
“you’ll need it.” Paul added. Then they got called on to the stage.


Later that night after the shows where finished Jenna gave max a hand with the horses but he let her go early to get showered and ready for the date. She took all her stuff over to Erin ad Seraya’s RV to get ready as she would normally. She had her hair half up half down with her long fringe swept to the side, natural make up with her classic Smokey eye and a black suit like jump suit that was like trousers with the top halter neck/backless with low cut front down to the trouser that met in the middle so wasn’t to revealing. Backless to show off her full back tattoo of a dragon and simple classy black Prada stiletto heels.
As she stepped out of the RV Erin Seraya max AJ Brad and Jackie where all sat having a drink and chatting.
“wow!” Erin said as she seen Jenna.
“holy shit Jenna!” Seraya grinned.
“makes a difference from breeches and trackies.” Max laughed.
“oh shut up you lot.” Jenna laughed.
“Jenna my darling you look amazing.” Jackie smiled.
“thank you.” Jenna smiled slightly awkwardly never doing too well with compliments.
“I hope Benji knows how lucky he Is.” AJ said.
“and if he doesn’t you know where my trailer is don't you.” Brad winked. Jenna just laughed and raised her eyebrows at him.
“right guys I’m off. Wish me luck.” Jenna said.
“you’ll need it.” Erin joked pulling her tongue out at Jenna who just jokingly gave her a sarcastic look back.
“wait wait you can’t walk all the way over there let me give you a lift.” Max said getting the quad bike keys out of his pocket.
“are you joking.” Jenna laughed looking at him like he was crazy.
“No, well I’m not going to give you a piggy back over there.” Max looked at her as if she was crazy.
“no thanks I’ll get filthy.” Jenna pulled a face looking at the quad bike.
“you won’t I'll go slow.” Max said in a no nonsense way.
“seriously max I ain’t getting on that.” Jenna said looking at the quad bike in disgust. The rest of them looking on in amusement and laughing at the mini domestic between the two of them.
“don’t be daft and stubborn get on.” Max said picking her up and putting her on the quad bike getting on himself and starting it within seconds.
“max!” we screeched but it was too late he was off leaving the others laughing at them.

“vola.” Max grinned as he stopped outside the good charlotte bus. Jenna just glared at him causing him to laugh. He jumped off and held his hand out for her to take to help her off. She took his hand still giving him a disapproving look.
“see perfect, spotless.” He grinned as she checked and brushed herself off .
“your an ass.” She tried to glare at him but ended up laughing anyway.
“love you too.” He smirked getting back on the quad bike getting ready to leave. “Have fun, good luck.” He called as he left. She went and knocked on the good Charlotte bus door. Paul answered and smiled.
“Jenna come in your early.” He said stepping to one side as she walked in.
“yeh I had a erm lift.” She said.
“you look awesome by the way.” He smiled.
“thanks, don’t ways get the chance to wear ‘normal’ clothes.” Jenna laughed.
“well your making up for it.” Dean smiled walking past.
“Jenna, hey.” Billy came through smiling and hugging Jenna when he seen her.
“hey billy.” She smiled leaning in giving him a hug.
“you look beautiful.” Billy smiled.
“thanks, your are going to make me blush.” Jenna laughed.
“Jenna, shy? Never.” Paul laughed.
“well if I was..” Jenna laughed.
“hey I didn’t realise you was here.” Benji said from behind her wrapping his arms loosely round her waist from behind and kissing her on the cheek. She turned round in his arms with a smile and gave him a peck on the lips.
“right I think we’re ready.” Joel said walking through followed by Rachel who looked less than impressed but almost as if she was a child being given the lecture from their parents to be on their best behaviour.
“Jenna, Hey are you ok?” Joel smiled giving her a loose hug and a kiss on the cheek.
“hey Joel I'm good thanks how are you?” Jenna smiled.
“great, I’m good thanks. Are we all ready to go?” he asked looking between the four of them they all sort of nodded and agreed and Joel picked up his keys. Rachel didn’t make much of an effort to talk in either way nice or not nice which he a guessed was a good thing.. better than slinging insults anyway. Joel and Rachel walked out of the door first followed by Benji and Jenna.
“Joel’s going to drive.” Benji said not to point out the obvious more to break the slightly awkward silence already. “Rach you have the front I'll get in the back with Jenna.” Benji said as they got to the car Rachel only looked at him then got in the front of the car.
The car journey was a little awkward and silent thankfully it was only a short ride to the restaurant. When they got there they all got out and made their way into the restaurant where they was seated.
“this place looks nice.” Jenna commented as they sat down. Joel nodded and smiled.
“I suppose it is more up market than what most are used too.” Rachel took sly dig number one.
“can I take your drinks order first?” the waiter asked.
“I think I'm going to need a gin for this one.” Jenna smiled to him and you could tell he did his best to hide the little laugh as he had witnessed the previous exchange. Jenna caught a glare from Rachel.
“you know what make that one a double.” Jenna added.
“yes sure.” He smiled again.
“I’ll have a beer please.” Benji said.
“a coke for me please.” Joel said as he was driving
“a large red wine for me.” Rachel said in her lady muck manor clearly forgetting her manners to say please Jenna just raised he eyes brows in a ‘oh my' way Jenna had always prided herself on her good manners above anything else.
“I’ll be right back.” The waiter said and left to get their drinks.
“do you know that waiter Jenna?” Rachel asked as he left. Jenna looked surprised at first when Rachel spoke to her but then realised there was an ulterior motive as usual.
“No, he seemed pleasant though. I mean poor guy must have to deal with all sorts of people in this line of work.” Jenna shot back with a smile in an innocent way matching Rachel’s attitude.
The waiter returned with he drinks and took their food orders and left once again.
“so Jenna how was the competition I haven’t really seen you since you got back to ask, qualifiers where they?” Joel asked either choosing to ignore the exchange between Rachel and Jenna or just not noticing at all. After all he did seem blind to Rachel’s darker side. Jenna was sure Benji noticed but kept it uncomfortably to him self.
“yes qualifiers for the internationals. They went well, both horses qualified so we have got tickets to go to the internationals later on this year.” Jenna explained.
“ah great news so when you say both horses.. you have three don’t you?” Joel asked genuinely interested.
“yes sully doesn't compete yet he’s not quite ready yet he’s abit more of a loose cannon than the other two he's a fantastic horse and great in the circus shows on a good day but luckily if it’s not his day I can always swap him out of the circus where as in a competition he could quite possibly kill me of it wasn’t a good day.” Jenna said seriously but with a laugh.
“wow really your so brave doing what you do. It’s such high risk stuff.” Joel mused.
“ah it’s like second nature to me I've been doing it so long. I know those horses inside out which really helps don't get me wrong there is always that unpredictable element working with a half ton animal that has its own mind and the general public but to me it’s no different to you guys picking up a microphone or a guitar.” Jenna smiled. The waiter came over with their food.
“um hello do you remember us your girlfriend and your brother are also sat here.” Rachel cleared her throat impatiently and said with clearly a fake laugh to try and joke off the statement that clearly said she was jealous of 1) Joel talking and getting on with Jenna and 2) not having the attention on her.
“sorry I was just interested.” Joel laughed awkwardly.
“yeh bro stop trying to hog my girlfriends attention.” Benji laughed trying to make light of the clearly quite awkward moment. Jenna also had a ‘oh shit’ moment to herself as that was the first time ever that Benji had referred to her as his girlfriend, they hadn’t even had a make things ‘official’ discussion they had just naturally lulled into a ‘relationship'.
“so erm what do you do Rachel?” Jenna asked genuinely and trying to change the subject.
“I’m a vlogger socialite.” Rachel smiled snuggly.
“and how does that work?” Jenna asked confused as she was unaware that was an actual job.
“I make videos people watch and like them.” Rachel said as if slightly annoyed that Jenna didn’t know what it was or seemed to a knowledge it as a real job.
“oh right sorry I just didn’t realise that was like a real thing.” Jenna said not really meaning any offence but she could see from Rachel's expression she had taken offence.
“sorry ignore my ignorance I’m sure it’s erm awesome.” Jenna said as a quick save which fobbed Rachel off, Joel clearly caught it and Benji gave a little smile and squose Jenna’s leg knowing full well what was going on.
“so Jenna where do you live when your not with the circus?” Benji asked as if he’d just realised they'd not had that discussion.
“erm well I don’t really. We’re on the road a lot with the circus and when we’re not I’m often out competing a lot at shows all over or out with Frankie whilst she competes.” Jenna said.
“what so you like live in that tiny horse box like all the time?” Rachel screwed up her face as if it was the most horrible thing she could think of.
“pretty much when we’re not going anywhere we stay with Frankie at her ranch.” Jenna nodded. “it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it suits us.” Jenna smiled again brushing off any of Rachel’s digs.
“by we and us you mean you and...” Rachel started in her little way of trying to stir the pot.
“max, me and max.” Jenna smiled clearly not bothered by her attempts.
“oh so you two still travel and live together when your not with the circus?” Rachel quizzed as of to try and trip her up.
“yes he helps me when I’m competing and obviously Frankie’s his sister, the ranch is part his and we are good friends.” Jenna smiled refusing to take Rachel’s bate. Rachel clearly gave up for now and just did a dissatisfied smile.
“do you guys still go home? Is your mom still in Maryland?” Jenna looked to the boys.
“yeh she is and yeh we do.” Joel smiled.
“not as much as she would like.. or us for that matter.” Benji added. Jenna gave a sympathetic look.
“I bet she misses you guys so much. How are Josh and Sarah?” Jenna asked.
“they’re good Sarah still lives with mom doing her designing and josh moved to LA with us and he’s doing a lot of work with management at the label.” Benji explained.
“aw sounds fab.” Jenna smiled. By now They had all finished eating.
“should we go to the bar for a drink?” Joel asked looking round them all Rachel just shrugged her shoulders, Benji smiled and looked to Jenna.
“yeh sure why not.” Jenna shrugged and smiled she was happy she was getting on with Joel again but Rachel was getting tiring. “just the one mind I have to be up in less than eight hours.” she said looking at her watch.”
“we can go if you need to.” Benji said.
“no no it's fine I'd still be up now even if we was back at the box but nearly bed time.” She laughed.
They went to the bar and had a drink Joel Benji and Jenna chatted and caught up they made attempts to involve Rachel but she mostly stayed out of the conversations as much as possible only participating either when she really had to with mostly a one word answer or to have a hidden dig at Jenna which Jenna very respectfully answered as nicely as possible or brushed off. When they'd finished their drinks they left and Joel drove back to the good Charlotte bus.
“are you sure you don't want me to drop you off?” Joel asked before getting out the car.
“no honestly it's fine I'll walk.” Jenna smiled.
“I’ll walk you back.” Benji said Jenna gave him a ‘you really don’t need to’ look “come on I’m not taking no for an answer.” Benji laughed before Jenna had chance to protest he started walking.
“good night Joel,.. Rachel.” Jenna smiled.. Not so much when she forced herself to say it Rachel too. Rachel nodded with a sour look on her face and went into the bus.
“night Jenna thanks for coming, we'll have to do it again sometime.” Joel smiled.
“yeh sure.” Jenna smiled secretly hoping not too soon with Rachel. Joel went in and Jenna caught up to Benji.
“wait up if your supposed to be walking me home, not having me chase you.” Jenna laughed doing a little run then linking arms with him as she caught up.
“hmm you can chase me all you like.” Benji smiled seductively stopping turning to face her.
“I Mr madden do not do any chasing .” Jenna grinned mischievously. Benji grinned pulling her into a heated kiss.
“right this isn’t getting us anywhere fast is it.” Jenna said pulling away reluctantly.
“depends where you want to be going.” Benji grinned.
“now that's a proposition.” Jenna laughed. “but seriously I’m shattered and it's getting late.” She said Benji nodded putting an arm around her shoulders and they carried on walking.
“thank you.” Benji smiled turn to her as they got to the horse box.
“what for?” Jenna asked slightly confused.
“just for being your perfect self. You was amazing tonight despite Rachel doing her best to provoke a reaction.” Benji smiled.
“What can I say I’m just the bigger person in it all.” Jenna laughed. “no seriously I meant it when I said I’d rather everyone just get along ok me and Rachel might never be best buddies but I'm happy to try and just keep the peace.”
“and that is one of the reasons why you are so amazing.” He smiled and kissed her in an over dramatic way.
“that just reminds me.. you referred to me as your girlfriend earlier.” Jenna said as he gave her a slightly nervous look.
“is that ok I mean I know we haven’t officially...” he started to ramble.
“it is more than ok.” She stopped him with a kiss.
“good because you have no idea how long I’ve waited to introduce you as that.” He smiled and they kissed again.
“I should really get going now, let you get some sleep. I’ve actually really enjoyed tonight, I hope you managed too as well.” Benji said as they came away from a long kiss.
“I actually have all things considered not that we need to rush to do it again.” Jenna smiled.
“in hope your not meaning our date in that too.” Benji joked being hurt.
“no not at all.” Ham a laughed.
“good well have a think about what you want to do tomorrow night and we'll do it.. anything at all.” Benji smiled genuinely.
“oh really anything at all?” Jenna joked mischievously. “I’m joking honestly I’m happy to do anything you want.” Jenna laughed.
“have a think and we'll sort something out tomorrow.” Benji smiled.
“ok good night Benj.” She smiled.
“night Jenn.” Benji smiled and headed back to the bus. When Jenna got into the horse box max was already in bed and she headed straight off to bed herself.
Sign up to rate and review this story