Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

17

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-10-17 - 2716 words

0Unrated
The next morning on the good Charlotte bus when Benji got up Joel Billy and Dean where already up Paul's absence meant he was either still in bed or stayed at Seraya’s last night.
“Morning.” Benji mumbled still a bit sleepy getting a cup coffee. The other three said forms of morning back.
“did Paul stay at Seraya's?” Benji asked.
“nope he’s just a lazy ass still in bed.” Dean laughed.
“what’ve we got on today?” Joel asked out loud.
“busy day two interviews, sound check then we’re on at 3.45.” Billy explained.
Rachel came through from the bathroom all dressed and ready.
“Right I’m going out shopping for the day whilst your so busy today.” Rachel announced to Joel seeming a little pissed off not acknowledging any of the other guys.
“ok babe I’ll catch you later, we can do something for dinner maybe?” Joel said.
“mmm maybe.” Rachel said as if leas then impressed then left pushing past Paul on the way out.
“Did someone get out of bed on the wrong side this morning.” Paul said eyeing the door where Rachel had just left.
“oh she's in a bit of a grump because we’re busy all day.” Joel brushed off.
“how did the double date go last night.” Paul grinned sitting down with a cup of coffee.
“it went really well and the girls seems to get a long fairly well.” Joel said genuinely believing it being so blind to Rachel. Paul turned to look at Benji giving him a look for confirmation knowing Benji was a bit more clued up on the situation.
“yeh, yeh it was a urm good night.” Benji smiled not as convincingly causing Paul to smirk.
“well that’s good I’m glad your all sorting things out.” Billy gave a knowing smile.
“guys I think we need to be leaving.” Dean said looking at his watch.
“yes we do.” Billy agreed. They all got up heading off to their first interview. On the way Paul and Benji hung back a bit.
“so how was the date really?” Paul said quietly to Benji.
“It’s wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Jenna was great, Rachel was clearly had a face on and had a fair few sly digs at Jenna but Jenna didn’t rise to it at all she just bounced them right back and you know how blind to that side of Rachel Joel is.” Benji explained.
“ah that’s our Jenna she's so witty.” Paul laughed. “and bloody hell she looked smokin’ didn’t she.”
“Yeh, she did. Always does.” Benji laughed.
“how was things with Joel and Jenna?” Paul asked.
“good they seemed to get on as they used to.” Benji smiled.
“that’s good.” Paul said quietly as they got he the interview so left the conversation there.


MEANWHILE AT THE CIRCUS

Jenna was having her morning coffee when max woke up.
“Morning.” He said groggily.
“good morning.” She smiled at him.
“and is it a good morning?” he grinned at her.
“I guess so, the sun’s shining.” She said looking out the window acting like she didn’t know what he really meant.
“how was the date?” max said pouring him self a cup of coffee as if pointing out the obvious.
“wasn’t to bad to be honest.” Jenna shrugged.
“really?” max raised his eye brows at her.
“Yeh I mean obviously Rachel was a ray of fucking sun shine.” Jenna said sarcastically. “but at least me and Joel are getting on again.” Jenna said and max laughed.
“that’s good, so when's the next one?” max joked.
“the four of us? Not any time soon I hope.” Jenna laughed. “but me and Benji are having the date we was meant to have last night tonight.”
“ooo get you two dates in as many nights.” Max laughed as the made their way outside the horse box to start the horses.
“max, maxi!” Jackie called coming over looking a bit stressed. “Brad has put his back out so he's laid up, we could really do with the extra muscle over there.” She said motioning towards the big top asking to be polite but they knew he rely needed to go. Max looked at Jenna knowing it would leave her to do the horses on her own, it would be a rush but she would manage.
“go on.” Jenna nodded giving her approval.
“don't miss me too much.” Max joked to Jenna.
“oh how ever will I live without you.” Jenna laughed rolling her eyes joking.
“just you and me for now boys.” Jenna said to the horses who all whinnied at her waiting for their breakfast.

By lunch time Jenna had successfully managed to sort the horses plus do her show and was just finishing off the last few hay nets and waters.
“how you doing? What can I help with?” max asked walking over.
“Just grab those last few nets if you don’t mind.” Jenna smiled gratefully looking slightly run off her feet. They finished off together and headed over to the RVs.
“Hey you bloody pulling a sickie then I’m over there run off my feet on my own.” Jenna laughed popping her head in the door way to Brad who was laid up on the sofa. Everyone was in or around Brad and AJs RV for lunch. Max passed her a cup of coffee a d she sat on the steps lighting up a cigarette.
“oh man do I need this.” She said relaxing on the step blowing our her cigarette smoke and sipping her coffee.
“sorry Jen I'll make it up to you.” Brad laughed.
“you’d better.” She said grumpily but clearly joking. Leaning her head back on the wall closing her eyes.
“hey guys.” Seraya smiled to Paul and Benji walking over to them. “Hey Jenna here a something to brighten up your day.” Seraya teased meaning Benji. Jenna lifted her head up opening her eyes.
“hey.” She smiled at Benji and Paul.
“Jenna you are my hero.” Paul joked pulling her into a hug.
“oh well you know I suppose I can accept that.” Jenna laughed. “but what exactly did I do?” she asked as he let go of her.
“Benj told me all about your date last night.” Paul said in a knowing way. Jenna just smiled and nodded knowing Paul was no fool when it came to seeing through Rachel’s shit.
“Yeh Jenna you've not told us about the date?” Erin quizzed.
“because I’ve only just friggin sat down for first time this morning.” Jenna snapped back slightly irritated.
“sorry.” Brad called making Jenna laugh and snap back out of her grump.
“have we missed something?” Benji asked.
“oh she’s just grumpy because for once she's had to do some work because Brads done his back in and I’ve had to help over here.” Max grinned to winde up Jenna. Jenna knew what he was trying to do and just shook her head at him with a smile.
“do you still want to go out tonight? We can do it another time if you’d prefer?” Benji asked Jenna.
“we can do tonight if you still want to.” Jenna said.
“sure. Do you have anything in mind that you want to do? Dinner? Cinemas?..” Benji asked.
“I really don’t mind anything at all. Surprise me.” Jenna smiled.
“oh don’t say that, choose something.” Benji said.
“I honestly don’t mind Dinner, a movie anything even a walk down the beach with some chips like we used to.” Jenna smiled remembering old time forgetting everyone else was still ear wigging into their conversation. Jenna didn’t like to let our her ‘softer side’ in public too much.
“oh how romantic.” Erin gushed.
“shut it you.” Jenna warned playfully.
“sorry to interrupt an all but we need to get going Benj or we'll be late for sound check.” Paul said slightly awkwardly.
“oh Paul don’t spoil it.” Seraya said as her and Erin was watching Benji and Jenna intently as if watching a soap opera. “you should take some tips.” She joked Paul faked a hurt look.
“yeh your never that romantic.” Erin gave AJ a playful shove.
“ok well I’ll see you later and we'll go from there.” Benji said. Jenna smiled and nodded Benji leant over to her for a quick kiss good bye then left with Paul.
“maybe we should go on double or well triple dates with Benji and Jenna then you boys can learn how to be romantic.” Erin said to Seraya motioning to AJ and Paul who’d just left.
“erm nope I am 1) not sharing any more dates till I’ve had at least my first proper date with him and 2) it’s really not that romantic or well not intended its just.. what it is.” Jenna shrugged her and Benji had always hung out together just doing the simplest of things just enjoying each other’s company which then others may perceive as being romantic.
“that's what makes it so much more romantic and oh my god your first date?!” Seraya said dramatically.
“oh fuck off.” Jenna laughed knowing she was going to make a bigger deal out of it than necessary. She put out her cigarette and looked at her phone for the time.
“right I best get on can't stand around here all day like you lot.” Jenna joked.
“here I’ll give you a hand before the show they shouldn't need me till after.” Max said jogging to catch up to her.
“aw thanks.” She smiled gratefully.
Max helped Jenna get ready for the second show if the day. Once the show was over max helped out at the big top leaving Jenna to sort the horses.
The good charlotte guy's had almost finished their show. After the show Benji got showered and changed then headed over to the circus.
“Benji hey.” Jenna smiled looking flustered rushing around the stables sorting the horses.
“hey.” He smiled.
“oh my god is that the time already?” she said looking at her watch. Benji just laughed and nodded.
“Benji I’m so sorry I’m late, what a day.” Jenna exclaimed still rushing to do the stables.
“It’s ok don’t worry about it, we can rearrange if you need to.” Benji offered.
“No we are not rearranging.” Jenna said seriously. They'd waited too long to have a ‘first date’
“well can I help you with anything?” Benji laughed.
“erm maybe the waters if you don’t mind? I don’t want you getting dirty doing the hay or anything.” Jenna said.
“water coming right up.” Benji smiled.
“never fear your fairy god mothers here!” Max announced walking over.
“you seem to have forgot your tutu.” Jenna laughed humouring him.
“go on go get ready I'll finish up here.” Max said.
“really? Are you sure?” Jenna asked.
“yes of course.” Max smiled.
“thank you, thank you, thank you.” She grinned grabbing his face giving him a big kiss then shooting off to get showered and changed quickly. Benji laughed at them clearly the kiss was nothing more than friendly banter.

Just over half an hour later Jenna reappeared looking refreshed in jeans, vest top and shirt, her hair left to dry naturally. She seen Benji and max chatting over beers.
“well you two look busy.” Jenna laughed walking over to them.
“we've been very busy, horses are all done.” Max grinned.
“really?” Jenna looked slightly surprised they was done so quickly. They both nodded.
“hmm well done. Are we ready then?” Jenna smiled to Benji.
“ready when you are.” Benji stood up smiling.
“let’s go then.” Jenna smiled.
“have fun guys.” Max smiled as they left.
“So where do you want to go what do you want to do?” Benji asked putting an arm around her shoulders as they headed out the festival ground.
“well I'm not dressed for anything too fancy.” Jenna laughed.
“you look perfect anyway.” Benji smiled. “are you hungry?”
“starving!” she laughed.
“Ok well lets see..” he said looking around as they walked down the street.
“I know.” She smiled taking hold of his hand and turning down a street leading him to the beach where there was a boardwalk fries stand.
“this'll do just fine.” She said.
“sounds good to me.” He smiled.
“and if we walk along the pier there's a great gin bar at the other end.” Jenna smiled.
“what the lady wants the lady shall get.” Benji grinned.
They went and got some fries then walked along the beach eating them.
“so you had a busy day today.” Benji said more than asked.
“tell me about it.” Jenna exclaimed.
“how long do you think Brad will be laid up for?” Benji asked.
“hopefully not too long it’s bloody hard work trying to juggle getting the horses ready and myself plus normal jobs on my own.” Jenna said. “but don’t tell max don't want him getting a big head thinking he’s too valuable.” She laughed.
“my lips are sealed.” Benji laughed. “you do work hard though, seeing all what you do. Your troopers .”
“it’s not easy but it worth it.” She smiled.
“you’ve always been dedicated to the horses.” Benji said.
“it’s a lifestyle not just a hobby, an escape.” She said quietly. It always had been her escape from the hard times with her family and then became her escape from them. They walked in silence for a bit they'd both finished their fries.
“it makes a change doing this for a nice reason as oppose to either of us or both of us having the shittest time and needing to escape.” Benji said thinking of the past.
“we've come a long way haven’t we.” Jenna smiled fondly.
“we have and I know I wouldn't have been able to do it without you.” Benji said sincerely.
“with out me? You haven’t seen me in six years.” She laughed.
“yes but you was there at the hardest part through the times I felt like I couldn't take it any more and just wanted to give up. You was always there to support me and give me the strength to carry on.” Benji said.
“seriously, I was a mess myself I think we was both just muddling by trying to make a way out of the shit.” She laughed as she caught his eye and they stopped slightly. “but I couldn’t think of any one else I'd rather be a mess with.” She said turning more serious.
“me neither.” He said quietly and kissing her.
They walked the rest of the way to the gin bar talking about old times finally able to laugh at what went on.
“this place is pretty I cool, how did you find it.” Benji said as they sat down with thier drinks on a quiet table in the corner.
“oh erm went on a dramatic bender wanting to be left alone so needed to find somewhere that would take a while to find me at least .” Jenna laugh remembering that awkward night with max which felt like a life time ago now.
“oh I see.” Benji said sort of getting an idea of what she meant she'd gone off that night because of all the shit he’s caused over Mia eye. “well it’s a good find, really nice place.” Benji smiled.
They had a few drinks chatting and laughing they got along so well they just bounced of each other so easily it was as if the six year gap never happened.
After several drinks and lots of chatting and laughter they made their way back to the festival ground, along the beach, fairly tipsy.
As they got to the horse box there was a note on the door.

‘gone to stay at the cripples for the night..
Enjoy!’

Read the note clearly from max gone to stay at Brads for the night. Jenna read it out loud and laughed.
“so do you wanna come in?” Jenna looked to Benji a little seductively.
“be rude not to.” Benji smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story