Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

18

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-12-06 - 4288 words

0Unrated
During the rest of the week Jenna was ran off her feet sorting the horses mostly single handed my whilst max was needed to help out over at the big top as Brads back was still bad. She seen Benji every evening they hung out together on the bus when the others went out for the evening, they spent an evening watching the other bands at the festival, they went out for dinner with Paul and Seraya, they had karaoke evening where all the circus and GC guys got together even Rachel tried to put some sort of effort into karaoke evening, she went out with the GC guys ‘just like old times’ to an arcade and fast food and then Jackie took the girls (Jackie Erin Seraya and Jenna) out for drinks for ‘girls night

“ah man I’m wiped out I can’t wait to get in and get my PJs on and do nothing! Roll on day off tomorrow.” Jenna exclaimed as she was finishing off the stables, max had just joined her.
“are you not seeing Benji tonight?” max asked.
“no I’m done in after this week, I’m having a chill night in. PJs, pizza, wine, movie and an early night for me.” She grinned.
“sounds good.” Max said.
“have you got plans for tonight?” Jenna asked.
“I didn’t but I do now.” Max laughed. Jenna gave him an amused questioning look. “pizza wine and a movie.” Max said in the same tone that she had.
“cool feels like I’ve hardly seen you this week.” Jenna said. As they finished the horses and started to walk over to the horse box.
“aw I've missed you too.” He joked dramatically throwing an arm around her.
When they got in they got changed, Jenna sorted the pizza and wine whilst max picked a movie. They sat on the sofa together watching the movie, eating and drinking.
“oh my god I’m stuffed now.” Jenna said surrendering her last piece of pizza which max gratefully took it to eat.
“waste not want not.” Max smiled Jenna laughed.
They watched the movie Jenna sat with her back to the arm of the sofa and max lay on her legs.
“maxi are you Ok?” Jenna asked playing with his hair.
“yeh why wouldn’t I be?” he said not quite getting what she was asking.
“just you know with me spending more time with Benji lately especially with you filling in for Brad this week..” Jenna started clearly feeling guilty for not being around as much.
“Jen don’t be feeling guilty because your in a relationship we will always be close and nothing will change that. It’s great that you are happy and you should spend time with him. We are fine, I am fine I am happy for you.” Max said genuinely.
“really?” she eyed him.
“really.” He looked at her and laughed causing her to laugh in relief “come here you daft mare.” He said pulling her into a hug laughing. They carried on watching the movie and before they knew it they'd fell asleep before the end.

The next morning over on the GC bus Rachel had had a shower and went to straighten her hair but her straighteners where broken. Begrudgingly she went over to Erin and Seraya to see if she could borrow a set off them.
“we don't have any but Jenna defiantly does.” Erin said. Rachel gave her an unsure look. “she won't mind, come on.” Erin said leading her over to the horse box. Out of habit Erin knocked and walked right in followed by Rachel who hung back a little by the door knowing herself and Jenna weren’t really on the beat of terms still. Erin jumped a little when she noticed Jenna and max still sleep on the sofa as usually they'd be up and about doing horses by now even if it was their day off they still was normally up early.
“Jesus, having a lie in are we?” Erin laughed as Jenna and max stirred awake. Rachel frowned at the fact they was both asleep together on the sofa.
“ow max get up you’ve gave me a dead leg you heffa.” Jenna half complained half laughed still groggy shoving max off her.
“what time is it? How come your here.” max yawned.
“7.15, just borrowing some straighteners.” Erin laughed.
“7.15 what the hell.” Jenna jumped up and made a start at getting ready stopping in her tracks when she seen Rachel at the door looking slightly uncomfortable at having to ask her for a ‘favour’ but also slightly suspicious eyeing her and max.
“chill girl your allowed one sort of lie in you know.” Erin laughed. “Rachel’s straighteners broke me and Seraya don’t have any but I knew you would and wouldn’t mind.” Erin said eyeing Jenna to ‘play nice’ as she knew Jenna would sort of mind given herself and Rachel’s history but she would go along with it to ‘keep the peace’
“fine.” Jenna forced a smile that was defiantly not fine.
“come on maxi shape yourself.” Jenna said in her no messing get shit done tone as she brushed past Rachel out the door to sort the horses. Max followed shortly after leaving Erin and Rachel stood there
“ah here they are, she could have bloody said where they were before she left.” Erin laughed handing them to Rachel.
“thanks.” Rachel half smiled as Erin snapped her out of her thoughts.
“ah don't mind Jenna her barks worse than her bite... well no actually its not she's a tough little fucker but she’s pretty level headed.. but don't tell her I said that. Erin laughed.
“So erm what did you all get up to last night?” Rachel quizzed.
“we all went out for Chinese for tea then fairly early night to be honest. You guys?” Erin said oblivious to Rachel’s questioning motives.
“oh nothing really. Did those two go with you too?” Rachel quizzed.
“oh no they was shattered so had a quiet night in. They've had extra work on with brads back being out this week.” Erin said innocently not for a second thinking Rachel still thought there was something going on between max and Jenna. Rachel just smiled and nodded but not really accepting the answer.
“well thanks for these anyway, I best be getting back.” Rachel said.
“no worries.” Erin smiled and made her way back over to her RV

“she’s got some front that one after all that's gone on to think she can come play sharing buddies.” Max said from the stable he was doing to Jenna in the next stable.
“I know right a few weeks ago she'd have been wearing them if she asked me to borrow them but in the interest of keeping the peace..” Jenna trailed off holding her hands up.
“your a bigger person than most.” Max said.
“are you trying to call me fat.” Jenna joked faking outrage flicking a bit of dirty straw over the wall to max. She heard him dodge and laugh.
“no but if the shoe fits.” He joked throwing some straw back.
“cheeky..” Jenna laughed shaking her head.

By lunch time max and Jenna had finished all what they needed to do with the horses for the day till finishing up time that evening. They headed over to the RVs where most of the circus guys where hanging out.
“Hey you guys all finished for now?” AJ asked.
“sure are.” Jenna smiled sitting down on the step.
“now time for a few hours off on this so called day off.” Max jokingly complaining lying on the grass in the sun pulling his hat over his eyes.
“aw poor hard done by max-i.” Jenna laughed causing the others to laugh too. “so what are you guys doing the rest of the day?” Jenna asked them.
“what you mean other than going over to the good Charlotte bus?” Erin asked confused.
“why? What’s going on?” Jenna asked genuinely confused.
“what you mean you don’t know? They’re having a little get together some food and drinks.” AJ explained they all looked a little confused and suspicious as to why Jenna didn’t know.
“first We’ve heard of it.” Max said from under his hat.
“oh I’m sure it must have just slipped their mind that they hadn’t told you or expect that you’d know because we do.” Seraya stuttered trying to brush it off seeing Jenna’s mind working over time.
“hmm.” Jenna said not looking convinced at all.
“oh Jen don’t read too much into it I’m sure its nothing.” Seraya said. They chatted between themselves a little longer max seemed to be counting his zzz's and Jenna wasn’t really paying attention.
“right are we going to make a move?” Seraya said. The others got up and max jumped awake. “Jenna?” She said snapping Jenna out of her thoughts.
“What?” Jenna looked up.
“I said are we heading over to the GC bus?” Seraya said.
“you guys can, we didn’t get an invite.” Jenna said in a jokey sarcastic way but really they knew it was bugging her a little.
“don't be daft Jenna come on come with us.” Erin said.
“no I wasn’t invited, I’m not gate crashing.” Jenna said stubbornly.
“max tell her.” Seraya huffed.
“yeh come on Jen I’m starving and we can’t pass up on a piss up.” Max tried to reason with her she just eyed him. “your reading too much into this not being invited thing it'll have just slipped thier mind what other reason Would they have?” max said. Jenna shrugged and allowed max and Seraya to link her and lead her over to the GC bus with everyone else to cure her curiosity at having missed an invite if nothing else.

When they arrived at the bus there was quite a few people already there and there was plenty food and drinks on tables outside. Seraya instantly found Paul and wondered off with him then Billy and Dean came over to say hi to them all. Even though Billy and Dean seemed to do their best to act as of nothing was going on Jenna could see straight though it mostly Billy as she had known him the longest she noticed Benj Joel and Rachel was no where to be seen.
“hey Billy where's Benj?” Jenna asked suspiciously.
“what oh erm I think he’s just sorting stuff on the bus with Joel and Rachel.” Billy said looking slightly like a rabbit caught in head light's.
“for the party.” Dean added quickly.
“ok right what’s going on?” Jenna sighed.
“w-what do you mean? N-nothing's wrong.” Billy stuttered.
“I asked what was going on, I didn’t ask what was wrong but whilst you’ve just confirmed it what’s wrong Billy?” Jenna said in her no bullshit way. Billy mentally cursing himself he knew there was no way you could ever get anything past Jenna.
“Jenna it’s nothing probably all just a misunderstanding...” billy said really not wanting to get involved or get the wrath of Jenna.
“what misunderstanding? Is it something to do with me not getting an invite here?” Jenna said more frustrated than anything.
“you didn’t get an invite because you wasn’t invited.” Rachel said from behind Billy.
“what’s that supposed to mean?” Jenna frowned at her.
“Rach come on leave it.” Joel tried to reason walking over to Rachel placing his hands on her arms to try to guide her away.
“Jenna?” max asked from his conversation with Dean noticing there was something going on.
“well?” Jenna asked impatiently as Benji also came over.
“don't worry I told him your little secret.” Rachel smirked.
“Rachel come on let’s get a drink.” Joel said moving Rachel away.
“What the hells going on Benji?” Jenna asked. Benji looked at her for a minute then gently took her arm to lead her to the side away from every one. She shook him off her arm clearly annoyed at what ever the ‘issue’ was. Every one then went back to talking between themselves. As they got out of ear shot Benji stopped and turned to look at her as if to be doing something he really didn't want to do but had to.
“what’s going on Benj?” Jenna sighed already having enough of the drama.
“Rachel told me about last night.” Benji said as if waiting for Jenna to then break out into and apology or something.
“what about last night?” Jenna blinked impatiently still none the wiser to what the problem was.
“Jen you don’t need to play these games. It's obvious what went on” Benji said.
“what are you talking about all that went on last night was I had pizza and wine in my PJs and watched a movie. Well actually no that’s a lie I fell asleep before the movie ended so don’t ask me what happened.” Jenna said bluntly with a slight humour.
“and max.” Benji tired to get a confession.
“yeh max was there too but I think he fell asleep before the end too. What’s all this about Benji?” Jenna said still clueless.
“so what else happened with you and max?” Benji asked.
“nothing.” Jenna looked confused then it clicked Rachel was up to her old tricks. “ oh my god she got into your head again didn’t she.” Jenna said realisation kicking in.
“Rachel said she seen you.” Benji said.
“she seen what exactly?” Jenna said.
“you two together on the sofa this morning when she went in with Erin.” Benji said a little less confidently
“see what the two of us asleep fully clothed in front of the t.v. on the sofa. Jesus speak to Erin I’m sure her version will be completely different.” Jenna said as if this whole thing was the most ridiculous thing in the world. Benji just looked at her as if still not 100% convinced.
“How many times do I need to tell you this? There. Is. Nothing. Going. On with. Me. And. max.”
“You can say it all you want but your actions speak otherwise.” Benji said defensively.
“Serious Benj really!” Jenna said outraged.
“Yes really. imagine things the other way round if it was me with another female friend how Would you take it?” Benji tried to keep up his side of the argument. She looked at him hurt because clearly his choice to carry on the argument and try to make a point meant that he did doubt her.
“Well I’d like to think I know you better, like I thought you did me” Jenna said unable to hide all the hurt and pain from having Benji clearly not believe her. He looked at her things sinking in. He knew he should believe her. She was right they have known each other for so long and knew everything about each other he just couldn't help his own insecurities that Rachel managed to play on. His weakness was feeling like he wasn’t good enough for Jenna he loved her so much and she was such an amazing person he always beat himself up thinking she can do better than him.
“You know what forget it Benj.” Jenna said using her anger to push away the hurt and walking off.
“Jen what’s wrong?” Seraya asked.
“I’m not invited so I’m going to leave.” Jenna said calmly and quietly.
“don't be silly sit down have a drink.” Max laughed trying to pull her into the seat next to him but she resisted.
“Jenna what’s going on?” Erin frowned seeing there was something clearly wrong with her by her expression.
“oh I’m erm just being accused of shagging max again.” Jenna said bluntly as Benji caught up.
“What?” max laughed looking from Jenna to Benji then Rachel and Joel sat on the table across from them. “you can’t be serious.” He said slightly more serious realising they wasn’t joking.
“apparently this morning you found us in a compromising position.” Jenna said to Erin. Erin laughed at first then went serious.
“no we didn’t at all.” Erin said looking to Rachel for confirmation but Rachel put on a face that meant she disagreed with her. ”seriously! Not in the slightest. Thays ridiculous.” Erin said clearly and looking at Rachel in disbelief. Jenna just raised her eyebrows.
“Exactly so you’d better shut your fucking cake hole.” Jenna warned pointing at Rachel as she downed a shot of whatever was on the table. “anyways I’m going see you guys later.” Jenna said attempting to leave max tried to stop her.
“you’ve no reason to leave you’ve done nothing wrong.” He said to her.
“Jenna can we talk.” Benji said also attempting to get her to stay.
“I think we’ve said enough.” Jenna said plainly and from that max let go of her understanding she wanted space. Benji looked like he could kick himself.
“do you even like her at all?” max said calmly to Benji but you could hear the anger in his voice.
“yes of course I do.” Benji said as if hoping max was going to help him.
“well you’ve got a funny way of showing it.” He said and followed Jenna.

Jenna walked over to the RVs and sat with her head in her hands elbows on the table so didn't see Jackie sit opposite her.
“wanna talk about it?” Jackie said causing Jenna to look up and finally notice her.
“do I have a choice.” Jenna said.
“course you do. You don’t have to tell but you know what the say, a problem shared is a problem halved.” Jackie said with a slight smile at the cheesiness causing Jenna to crack a little too.
“even half of this is half too much.” Jenna mumbled.
“surely not. There’s nothing we can't work through..” Jackie smiled reassuringly. “ah max-i put the kettle on for us.” Jackie said as max came over.
“nothing a cuppa tea can’t solve right?” max smirked then walked into the RV taking his time to make the drinks knowing it was a hint for Jackie to talk to Jenna.
“so anything you want to share?” Jackie asked eyeing Jenna.
“where to start..” Jenna sighed rubbing her head.
“well maybe just start with what's fresh, why are we here now?” Jackie asked. Jenna filled her in on all what’s been going on. Jackie was a great person to talk to as she always sat and listened carefully till you’d finished before giving you her opinion or advice which was usually spot on.
“well my dear Rachel seems like she’s a erm handful to say the least. I can understand you being hurt over her accusations especially as they are quite frequent. You know your conscience is clear, you have done nothing wrong. The people who are worth it will see through her lies. Now Benji for does he believe her?” Jackie said nodding a thank you to max as he handed out the drinks sitting next to Jenna at the table.
“honestly.. years ago o could hand on heart say he knew me well enough to believe me no matter what but now I don't know.. he must have his doubts if he keeps bringing it up.” Jenna said clear hurt at thinking Benji doesn’t fully trust and believe her.
“ok well next question is he worth all of this?” Jackie asked the million dollar question. Jenna sat there for a moment before she answered more because her answer made her feel more vulnerable especially to say out loud.
“Yes.” Jenna said quietly Jackie just smiled and nodded reassuringly max put a comforting hand in her shoulder. “well I bloody hope so anyway.” Jenna said with a bit more of her usual sarcastic jest tone and they laughed. The three of them sat chatting and laughing for a little while longer.

As the three of them was deep in conversation Joel came walking over and cleared his throat.
“can I speak to you please?” he said slightly nervously to Jenna as the three of them turned their attention to him.
“I’ll go and sort the horses.” Max said in an attempt to leave them to talk.
“are you sure I can come...” Jenna started feeling guilty leaving him to do the horses alone.
“it’s fine I don’t mind I’ll sort them.” Max said cutting her off.
“I can help you max.” Jackie said standing up also using it as an excuse to leave Joel and Jenna to talk. Both max and Jenna looked at Jackie with humour and surprise as it was always the joke that ‘the boss didn’t like to get her hands ‘dirty' but it was only ever to wind Jackie up as she always chipped in where ever needed she was just so busy running everything that she wasn’t always around to do the work the rest of them do.
“can’t turn your nose up at help from the boss lady.” Jenna laughed.
“I wouldn’t dare.” Max joked back as Jackie glared at the two of them but still laughing finding the funny side. As Jackie and max left Joel sat in Jackie’s old seat opposite Jenna. They sat in silence for a second neither really even looking at the other.
“Joel if you actually don't have anything to say I could just go and do the horses too.” Jenna said impatiently.
“no, no I do please hear me out.” Joel said quickly.
“go on.” Jenna said slightly quieter and calmer as she made eye contact with him.
“first of I want to apologise for what’s gone on. I tried to tell Rachel to just come and ask you to explain anything she was concerned about as I’m sure there’s a simple explanation..”
“which there was.” Jenna threw in there irritably, Joel gave a slight nod.
“I really did mean it when I said I’d like us all to start a fresh and try to get along when I said it last time and still do.” Joel said Jenna could tell this was hurting him too between his girlfriend, his brother and one of his best friends aka brothers girl friend.
“I meant it too Joel but yet here we are again.” Jenna sighed tired of the same merry go round they seemed to be on.
“can I try to explain it so you understand it from Rachel and Benji’s point of view too?..” Joel said.
“from their point of view! Right because their the injured parties slinging accusations around left right and centre!” Jenna flipped for a second.
“I know, I know I’m sorry I don’t mean to belittle any of the hurt its caused you. I just think if you know where they’re coming from it'll make things a little easier.” Joel said Jenna looked at him to continue. “Now you know Benji isn’t the best at talking about his feelings especially the ones that really matter. Benji has always had strong feelings for you, he thinks the world of you but he has his little insecurities that I'm not sure your aware of and sometimes he makes himself believe he's not good enough for you and you can do better than him.” Joel said.
“he shouldn’t feel like that.” Jenna said quietly.
“it’s not your fault, it’s just what he gets in his head sometimes and then that’s where Rachel comes in. When she starts telling him her well meaning ‘concerns’ that's where his second guessing you comes in. Rachel and Benji have been good friends since we got together and she's in her own way protective over him and doesn’t want him to get hurt in the long run.” Joel tried his best to explain.
“Joel I appreciate that I really do but I don’t see how it helps at all. If Rachel’s always going to be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 7 then Benji’s always going to have that doubt in his mind, what am I supposed to do with that.” Jenna said in all honesty.
“I was hoping if you understood where each of them was coming from then it might help.” Joel said a little disappointed that his grand plan didn’t seem to be going too well.
“what would help is if your girlfriend kept her nose out.” Jenna shot quite bitchily before she thought about what and how she said it. She seen the look of hurt on Joel’s face. “argh Joel I'm sorry I didn’t mean to be so harsh.” she quickly apologised with a sigh. “it’s just so hard.” She said clearly frustrated. Joel got up and leant over giving her a hug.
“I know I wish it wasn’t I promise I’ll try to get Rachel to give you two some space and stay out of things, just please don't give up on Benj.” Joel said into the hug.
“I’m still here aren’t I.” Jenna laughed wiping away the couple of tears that escaped as Joel let go of her. “we spent too long apart for no reason not to then give up so quickly once we finally got together.” Jenna said
“good I’m glad.” Joel smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story