Categories > Games > Harvest Moon > A Thousand Words: A Story Of Seasons Fanfic

Prologue- Please read first!

by nadifangirl 0 reviews

This is the prologue. In the following paragraphs, you’ll see how Holly came to be in this place. After this, you’ll be brought to the present, and the story will really begin.

Category: Harvest Moon - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2019-12-26 - 253 words

0Unrated
I remember that cold winter day, as I ran to the mailbox to get my mail. It was my least favorite part of the daily routine. Still is, as a matter of fact. When I dashed back into my warm house, I looked through the mail. Sure enough, it was junk.

“Taxes, phony magazines I didn’t order, an ad about the urine problems I don’t have, a flyer to become a farmer…” I cut myself short and looked again. There it was, as though beckoning me, in glossy brunette script…

New farmers wanted!
Join us and help Oak Tree Town
grow as you work the land!

I think hard. I love nature and my garden’s always been a hit with the neighbors. Besides, I’d been planning to leave this stuffy old city and get some fresh air. I could sell this apartment and become one with life.

The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to go. Envisioning acres of crops and cute little animals, I filled out the application form and mailed it to the address on the back. It was quite the reward when I got a letter a week later from the town saying I was accepted to go!

Doing a happy dance, I packed my bags, sold the apartment, and didn’t turn back. A whole new life was out there, waiting for me, as if calling my name “Holly…” I imagined it whisper. “Holly, we’re here for you! We’re waiting…”
Sign up to rate and review this story