Categories > Movies > Star Wars > The Light

Beckoning

by BrattyLilCritter 0 reviews

Rey tries to reach Ben through the force

Category: Star Wars - Rating: G - Genres: Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2020-01-14 - 759 words

0Unrated
You heard it call as you walked away

A voice of calm from within the silence

And for what seemed an eternity

You waited. Hoping it would call out again


~Rey’s POV~

I don’t remember how I got to Tatooine. I think my mind and body were on autopilot. Numb. In shock from the events on Exegol. I’m not even sure how long I was there, trying to connect with the force. With Ben. I can’t believe he is gone. I never even got to tell him that I loved him. I feel like a piece of my soul is missing. I guess that is part of being a dyad.

I sat on the sand dunes by the old Lars homestead. I returned the lightsabers of the Skywalker family to their rightful place. There were no true Skywalkers left anymore. I told the old woman that my name was Skywalker because they were the closest I had to family. I refused to acknowledge my Palpatine ancestry.

I decided to try one last time to find him through the force. I closed my eyes and cleared my mind. Slow, purposeful breaths. “Be with me.” I reached out into the force. “Be with me.” I felt a twinge of a familiar life force…”Be with me. Please, Ben.” I gave more effort, reaching further. And then I felt it…

~Ben’s POV~

I didn’t know where I was. Was this what it felt like to die? At least I got to feel her lips on mine before we were separated by death. I’m glad I was able to save her. I just wish we would have had more time. But there was nothing I could do now. I was dead and she was not.

“That’s not exactly true.”, I heard a familiar voice say. I turned to see my mother. But she wasn’t the old woman I had expected. She was young and beautiful. “Mom?” She nodded and pulled me in for a tight hug. “I’ve missed you, Ben.” I felt my own tears fall as I hugged her back. “Mom, I’m so sorry. For everything I did when I was under the influence of the dark side.”” I know. But we don’t have much time, son.””What do you mean? I thought we have all the time in the galaxy.””That’s not quite true. Come, walk with me. I will explain everything.” We walked in this strange land. I don’t even know how to explain the place. It was almost like there was nothingness, but at the same time, everything. My mother told me that I wasn’t exactly dead. “But how could that be? I felt my soul leave my body.””You and Rey are connected. It is a stronger bond than many have ever witnessed. As long as she lives, you cannot truly die. Just as she was not truly dead while you lived.””But I gave my life force to bring her back.”” That’s true, but she was here with me for that short period of time, just as you are now.””Can I get back to her?””Yes, but it will take a lot of skill and concentration on both of your parts.”

Then I heard it. I heard Rey calling to me through the force. ”Be with me.” I knew she was searching for me. I felt her intent through the bond that we shared. It was almost like she was trying to pull me to her, through the force. I looked at my mother. “What do I need to do?”, I asked, determination in my voice. She smiled at me. “Reach back to her. Feel her through the force.” Then I heard her again, louder and more desperate. ”Be with me. Please, Ben.” I felt her reaching out to me through the force. I used all of my strength to reach back to her. I wanted to join her more than anything. I wanted to hold her in my arms, and kiss away the pain I could feel in her heart. I wanted to tell her how much I loved her. How I always had, from the moment we first explored our bond. I reached out to her, just as she was reaching for me. And then I felt it. It was as if a bolt of lightning struck me square in the chest. But it wasn’t painful. The vision of my mother blurred and everything went dark again.
Sign up to rate and review this story