Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Not Sure If This Matters

Chapter 15- Accidents Like Me Happen

by moocow 5 reviews

Oh, man. You're going to hate me so much.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-09-23 - Updated: 2006-09-24 - 1780 words

1Hot
"This is Chris and Anna," I smiled a polite smile and the girl bit her lip, intimidated almost.

"Hi," I waved and they both nodded, Chris a little more ok with meeting me than Anna. In five split seconds she had Patrick out of my grasp and out on the dance floor leaving me dumbfounded with Pete behind me.

"What was that all about?" I mumbled and he shook his head, breathing out disgusted.

"I don't know what he sees in her, she's...so, /demanding/," I turned to look at Pete and he wrapped a comforting arm around my shoulders.

"He's bringing her on tour, and it's going to be hell," Joe mumbled next to me and I sighed.

"I'll be there," I smiled as Pete laughed lightly.

"Yeah, the pros and cons of touring with girls," he started and Andy laughed from next to Pete in the circular table.

"Pros: Jenny," he laughed as Joe mumbled something.

"Cons: Anna," I began to laugh and heard heals clicking from the distance.

"What's her problem?" I stopped abruptly to see Anna with a mock questioning face on her face, Patrick's arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Speak of the devil," Pete whispered and I but my lip to stifle a smile.

"I'm learning to have a good time, even with you around," Ha, oh how I wished I said that.

"Just sharing a joke," I spoke and she rolled her eyes as she sat down, Andy shuffling closer to Pete to keep distance.

"That's cool, I guess," she mumbled and began to sip on her martini. I bit my lip as Patrick and her joked and tried to look somewhere else, but ended up leaning my head against Pete's chest and staring at the table.

Touring wasn't going to be as fun.

----------

"I...I don't think I want to go anymore," I whispered and saw Patrick look up from where he was packing his things, getting ready.

"What?" he asked and I looked away, biting my lip.

"I'm going to stay home," I said and Patrick flattened his mouth before walking over and sitting down next to me.

"Why?" he asked and I felt partially angry.

"I...I just..." I paused and thought of something. "I don't want to go," I said and Patrick frowned before sighing, standing back up.

"Alright then..." he whispered. I watched him for the next half hour until he was done, placing the suitcases by the door and grabbing his keys.

"I guess I'll see you in November then," he sighed and I gulped, nodding.

"Yea," I whispered.

"Yeah,"

----------

I was lazily lounging on my couch on a rather cold November morning, half asleep with the lights dimmed and the heater on. I shivered slightly and then the phone went off, ringing slightly in the empty, quiet household.

"You've reached Jenny- and sometimes Patrick! Patrick, shut up, it's my house, I pay the rent- but I loooove you! -Sigh- alright, you've reached Jenny AND Patrick. Leave a message"

I lightly smiled and listened to the beep before a voice cleared and I heard Joe.

"Jenny, it would be nice to talk to you, you know," I sighed and reached for the phone and put it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked and heard a laugh.

"You sound fine," I groaned and closed my eyes.

"Leave me alone, Joe...what's up?" I asked and Joe coughed.

"Um, we kinda had an accident," I shot open my eyes and sat up, my breath catching in my throat.

"What?" I croaked and he sighed.

"We kinda crashed the van and..." I totally had the right to cut him off.

"/What/?" I spat and tears brimmed my eyes. "Is everyone ok?" I asked and Joe laughed slightly.

"We're /fine/, Jenny, just fine..." I breathed out, relived and slumped against the couch again.

"Well, what's going on now?" I asked and Joe coughed a bit.

"Um, well, we're coming home and...well," I sat up a bit and arched an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked slowly and Joe sighed, done beating around the bush.

"Patrick and Anna are a couple now, and it's pissed everyone off, we wanted to tell you before hand so it wouldn't crash as hard," I cut him off again.

"Crush me as hard? What the hell are you going on about?" I snapped and Joe stayed silent.

"I thought, I...I thought," I closed my eyes and lied back down.

"Yeah, that's what I thought...I'll see you soon, Joe," I hung up and trough the phone far away from me and rolled over onto my back, staring up at the ceiling, wishing I could go away, far away.

----------

"Jenny!" I screeched as Joe picked me off the ground, twirling me around on my front lawn as she snow lightly fell around us and I fell back into the snow, another body landing on top of me and smiling wide.

"Hiya!" I opened my eyes to see Pete planting a wet kiss on my cheek and smiling even bigger as I bit my lip, forcing back a smile.

"Hi guys," I whispered and they helped me up. "Where are the others?" I asked and Joe scratched the back of his neck, running to the front door and pulling a few bags in. Pete sighed and linked arms with me and we slowly walked to the front steps of my house.

"Well, Andy went to see Adi and...well, Patrick is getting ready for New Years Eve with Anna," he bit his lip as I looked away and sighed.

"I kind of took what you said for granted, that we'd make a cute couple," Pete pursed his lips together and hugged me for a minute before tilting my head up.

"Hey, we can still have fun, its New Years Eve, after all," I smiled as Joe came back down, screaming something about a party.

"Come on, let's go to the lake view,"

----------

I watched as fireworks spread out across the sky, the only light for the night aside from the bonfire Joe had started a few hours ago. I tried to keep my eyes away from the obviously loving couple as they snuggled and made out openly and watched as Adi pretended to gag herself and Andy copied by covering his mouth and poofing his cheeks.

"It's going to be a long night," Pete muttered from next to me and I nodded, yawning and leaning back against him as the fireworks momentarily stopped and we watched from the far distance as the ball from the top of one of the buildings started to fall, people from across the lake yelling out as it approached the New Year- 2004.

"Happy New years, boys!" Joe screamed and Anna looked annoyed while Patrick brightly smiled and nodded. I couldn't help myself but be jealous and wished myself away.

"Do you want to go home?" Pete whispered and I nodded once before standing up and tightening my jacket around me. Patrick looked up and raised an eyebrow.

"You ok, Jenny?" he asked and I turned around, ignoring him and listened as Pete told them he was taking me home for the night.

I started to walk back up the hill and waited at the car that overlooked the city. It was just like those high school spots where the boyfriend took the girlfriend to make out and.../other things/.

"Jenny," I turned around to see Pete catching up and he swallowed a lump back before confronting me. "You...kinda freaked him out, he's worried," I looked away and sighed.

"I want to go home, Pete," I whispered and he sighed before opening the door for me and letting me snuggle into the passenger seat.

Pete started the car and we stayed silent throughout the entire drive and I blinked every time we passed a lamp post, the eerie golden light seeping into the dark car. He slowed the car down and I got out when he stopped, starting to go to my front door. He soon followed and I bit my lip as he stood facing me for a second.

"I don't know what's gotten into him lately...he's gone all, diva on us," I smirked and shook my head.

"Even if I liked him for a moment/, I still think somebody should tell him about telling /her off," Pete let out a heartily laugh and I sighed, before glancing up and catching his eyes.

That weird feeling I got a couple nights ago happened again and a twinge in my stomach made my emotions spill from my face, making my lips part slightly and that twinkle in my eye represent something.

"You know, Patrick was right about one thing," Pete whispered and I nodded once.

"What?" I asked and he leaned down ever so slightly and his eyes darted across my face.

"That your eyes set you apart from every other girl in town, even.../Ashley/,"

I gulped and the next thing I knew I was blindly stumbling through my hallway, clothes scattering the cream carpet, hands touching heated flesh and mumbling of either how wrong this was, but how right it felt. My bedroom door burst open and I sighed out landing on my bed and laughed as Pete fell right over me and that smile, god that smile, he beamed down at me and shook his head.

"This is nice," he breathed and I nodded- my arms lazily around his neck.

"This is sure to make a couple of people jealous," Pete laughed and stole a lingering kiss.

"They might hate us," he whispered and his fingers hooked into the side of my lacey underwear. I smiled and shook my head slowly before bringing my knees up and resting my hands on his shoulders.

"Let them,"

----------

I saw the confusion on Patrick's face as I walked in hand and hand into the studio where they were recording a slight new album, just a short acoustic EP until they toured a little again. Anna smirked and broke away, leaving the room to 'get coffee'. I sat down on the couch and smiled up at Pete who mumbled something about having fun in the studio.

I stole a slight glance at Patrick who frowned slightly then my eyes fluttered closed as Pete kissed my lightly, breaking away to turn and grab his bass, messing around as Joe came in next, laughing. Turning my head slowly I looked at Patrick who looked down at his lap and then away, his somewhat leisurely face now becoming flooded with hurt. I bit my lip and felt the guilt rush through my veins.

What have I done?
Sign up to rate and review this story