Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

Rough Mornings

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

"It's been a little awkward between us"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 1677 words

0Unrated
-- 1 month later --
After the chaos that had erupted in the warehouse, I had become extremely weak. I had never summoned that amount of power. Heck, I didn’t even know that was possible. I ended up absolutely bedridden for two weeks after that. Ghost had not left my side for most of it. When he found out about the incident, he had basically turned into my own personal nurse. Party was also shaken after that event for a while, we didn’t get to actually talk about what had happened until I was back on my feet for a few days. We couldn’t talk much because Ghost had become so paranoid about me collapsing again. Missile had become interested in archery and that was now a thing that she done with Adrenaline and Kobra. Thrill had been teaching her guitar with Jet as well. It was so nice to see.
I am currently lying in bed and it is 6AM. Ghost was asleep beside me. Bless him, he was so overprotective now. It was sweet. I was thankful he wasn’t there during the expedition; I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I couldn’t protect him. I shuffled slowly off the bed ensuring I didn’t wake Ghost. My head span a little. “I need to chill” I mumbled to myself as I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I was still in the process of opening the safe that we had got from the warehouse. The draculoids had locked it good. I had been thinking maybe it had been placed there as a trap, but then again, how could they know what I was after?
I popped on the kettle to make some coffee. “Hey,” Ghoul smiled walking into the kitchen. “How are you?” He asked taking a seat at the table.
“Good Morning, I’m well, how are you doing?” I asked grabbing out a second mug for Ghoul.
“I’m okay, uhm,” He hesitated for a second. I raised an eyebrow.
“Is something on your mind, Ghoul?” I asked tilting my head at him.
“I’m in a little situation” He said with a shoulder shrug.
“You can tell me,” I encouraged pouring the water and milk into the mugs.
“It’s about Thrill,” He started. “I don’t want to talk about this to the guys” He said with a soft sigh, taking the mug of coffee out of my hands.
“Did you two get into another fight?” I asked taking a seat opposite him and blowing on my coffee.
Ghoul rolled his eyes “It’s just been a little awkward between us,” He said biting his lip. Heck, I knew that feeling.
“Why?” I asked, the curiosity starting to settle into me.
“Well.. we kind of.. had a” He paused, searching for the right words “A thing” He finished quietly. When he said that, it looked like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.
I raised both eyebrows in surprise, but couldn’t help the grin on my face. “What type of thing?” I asked, even though I already knew the answer.
“Like a romantic thing,” Ghoul said with a slight blush on his face.
“And how is it awkward?” I asked leaning forward in interest.
“Because, I don’t know how to feel, I’ve never been with a man before Thrill,” Ghoul said taking a sip of his coffee. “It also doesn’t help that love is illegal, hell, I’m surprised Adrenaline and Kobra has lasted this long,” Ghoul said with a shake of his head. Me and Party had agreed not to tell anyone what had happened at the warehouse, or anything that happened after it, cause we were still also working that out.
“It’s a new feeling for you” I smiled. “Maybe what you’re feeling is a sense of safety and learning who you are, we are all constantly on the defence and stressed out with the current situation and being a wanted killjoy just adds to that,” I sighed.
Ghoul nodded “Yeah, you’re probably right,” He said scratching the back of his neck. “I just need to really think about stuff,” He said gently. “I’m worried that maybe the guys won’t accept me for who I am, or Thrill, and if BLI does get their hands on us, we will be exterminated immediately” He sounded so stressed, this was playing on his mind.
“You should speak to Thrill about it, he must like you a lot,” I smiled. “You know the guys will support you no matter who you are,” I said with encouragement. “They love you very much Ghoul,” I smiled. This was such a relief for Ghoul.
“I was even scared to tell you, but I knew I had to tell someone” Ghoul said, he appeared less tense than what he had been.
“You can talk to me about anything and everything,” I smiled and reached over and squeezed his hand.
Jet came into the kitchen in a fluster, “Where is Missile?” He asked concerned. My head snapped up to him.
“She isn’t with you?” I asked, she wasn’t in her bed, I had assumed she had gone out for her routine practices with Jet.
Jet shook his head, “I decided to give her a lie in today, I went in to go and wake her up, but she wasn’t there and then I couldn’t hear her voice,” He said in a frenzy.
My heart sped up and I almost spilt my coffee over the table “KAI” I yelled at my watch
“Yes?” Kai bleeped up
“Track, Missile Kid,” I said standing up, the panic began to set in.
Ghoul and Jet stared at each other “I heard no one leave this morning,” Ghoul said going out into the living room “I’m going to search the house and wake the others” He said jogging off.
“Scanning” Kai bleeped up again, I stared out the window into the back garden area, there was not a trace of Missile anywhere.
“Last location: The house” Kai bleeped up “3 hours ago” He continued.
“Scan the house for Missile Kid,” I said in desperation, Jet had left to go and look in the study area and the other side of the house. I felt my hands start to shake, I felt like I was going to pass out again.
“No detection of Missile Kid in the house or in a 5 mile radius,” Kai bleeped up. I started to panic more. “FUCK” I yelled and ran up the stairs past the others to my room.
“What is happening???” Ghost asked staring at me, he had been woken from the commotion. I could hear the other killjoys getting their things together.
“Missile is missing” I said grabbing my clothes to go get dressed “I’m going out to find her,” I said in a panic. Missile knows not to leave the house without anyone, she was a smart kid. She would even leave a note on her bed to tell me she had gone to training, even though I knew her routine like the back of my hand. But, because of how unique she is, this is a problem.
“What” Ghoul shouted before also running for his own clothes. I got changed, grabbed my laser gun and headed back downstairs.
“She couldn’t be far! Like, I mean, she was here in bed!” Adrenaline stated.
“Noone can get into this house, it’s impossible,” Thrill sighed absolutely stunned.
“This is not right!” Jet was pacing up and down the living area.
“I’m going out after her” I said to them, catching their attention. “BLI could have her,” I said in a panic.
“Don’t be ridiculous, the house isn’t even on the map!” Ghoul said in disbelief.
Party was acting strange, he was just sitting on the sofa, watching it unfold, usually he would be the one to make the plan.
“Party are you just going to sit there?” Kobra eventually snapped at him.
Party shrugged “We are all panicking too much” He said standing up, “I’ll stay in the house in case she comes back” He said and walked into the kitchen.
I squinted my eyes and looked at Party’s wrist, the watch wasn’t on and that was out of character.
“You’re normally the one with the plan!” I shouted after him dangling my car keys in my hand.
Party took a sip of coffee, “There is no need for a plan” He said in a dull tone. Why is he acting so strange?
“Adrenaline come with me” I said turning from Party to look at them. Adrenaline nodded and grabbed the emergency backpack I had made just in case someone had gone missing. “I will, of course I will” She said in confidence. I threw the car keys to her “Go get the car ready” I said, trying to keep my own cool.
“Me and Ghoul will go to Dr. Deaths” Thrill said grabbing the Trans Am keys and grabbing Ghoul by the wrist.
“Perfect” I said with a nod.
“Jet can you and Ghoul go the opposite way to me and Adrenaline, so we cover both areas?” I asked, knowing that Ghost would fine on the bikes. Jet nodded and grabbed Ghost and off they went.
“Kobra, stay with Party,” I whispered to him “He is off and not wearing the watch,” I said
Kobra’s eyes went wide “Okay” He said softly, “I will let you know if Missile comes back” He mumbled watching his brother in the kitchen. It was as if nothing had happened.
“This is a strange morning,” I whispered before heading out the door to meet Adrenaline.
“Where are we going?” She asked, foot ready to press on the accelerator.
I looked at her “Battery City,” I whispered
Her eyes went wide “Fuck okay,” She whispered before revving the engine, starting our long journey out of the zones.
Sign up to rate and review this story