Categories > Games > Undertale > Fractured!

Poetrie

by Sunadokei 0 reviews

In which the Sans learns their name.

Category: Undertale - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2021-03-14 - 750 words

0Unrated
(little note here- Poetrie is an original character owned by a good friend of mine, who has asked to remain anonymous.)
The light came to the sky slowly. Too slowly. Almost as slow as paint drying. But it could be dealt with because...the view was just...too beautiful to deny. Even if it wouldn’t just hurry up and let the sun rise already-
“You good?”
A young female, a dark-skinned human wearing a pink baseball jacket and jean shorts, came into view. What little light that echoed from the sky reflected off of her violet eyes, shining brightly.
“Yeah.”
The girl sits down slowly, releasing a breath. “You sure?”
“Mhm.”
She looks away, then looks back immediately. A broad smile spreads across her face.
“Wh-what?”
“S’nothing just-” she stifled a laugh. “Y’know, you’re really cute, right?”
The figure being spoken to blushed brightly, hiding their face.
The girl gasps, looking away. She bursts out in a blush as well. “um...sorry-I didn’t mean to-embarrass you, or anything-”
“Oh Poe...it’s fine.”
Poetrie, the girl, smiled broadly, relieved. “I’m glad…”
“Heh.”
The two sit in silence. A sudden breeze blows by, causing the curls on Poetrie’s forehead to sway back and forth, as well as waving the hood of her jacket around.
Poetrie’s wide smile fell a bit. “So...how are you really doing?”
“I told you, I’m-”
“No, I mean-how are you really doing?”
“I’m-”
“D*MN IT FRACTURE, HOW ARE YOU REALLY DOING?!” Poetrie slams her fist on the ground angrily, her eyebrows curled in a stern glare.
A moment of silence passed.
Poetrie’s expression softens quickly. “Oh, oh hun-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to yell-”
“I...I guess...things could be better.” the figure looks down, hands clenched.
Poetrie’s eyes droop. She places a hand on the figure’s shoulder. “I know-”
“I-it's just..not easy, y'know?” They interrupt quickly. “I mean-they’re gone, they’re all gone! And I...I don’t wanna be sad, he’d...he’d tell me not to be sad. They all would-” Tears begin to stream down their face. They quickly attempt to wipe them away. “I..I really...miss them-I miss all of them-they...they never got to know how much I really loved them, they all just-they’re all gone now, you...y’know? I-” their eyes squeeze shut, her mouth flapping down forcibly. They cover their eyes with the palms of their hands, their body trembling with sobs. “And-it’s so stupid!! I wanted to say goodbye, I needed to say goodbye, why couldn’t I say...Why?!”
Poetrie pulls them close to her side, wrapping them in a hug. “shhh...I know. It sucks. It really does. I may not have known 'em all as well as you did, but...I know it really sucks.”
“Nono, I didn’t just know them! I LOVED them!” They yell. “I loved them so, so much-and they-they left me! I need them, I need them-where are they?!”
Poetrie sighs deeply, giving Fracture a sorrowful look. She reaches her hand up to their cheek, and holds their head up to her eyes.
“Fracture, listen to me. You listening?”
They nod.
“I know, they left you. You’ve lost a lot, more than anyone as young as you or even older should-but...you’ve always been strong. There may have been moments where you gave up, there may have been times where you couldn’t deal with pressure, moments where you were sad, moments when you felt the world gave up on you-but believe me when I say this, you have always been strong. There has never been a doubt about it. They know that. Now, sure would be a shame if you let them down now, huh?”
“Wh-what do you mean?”
“I mean what I say. You be strong for them, okay? Because believe it or not, you will get over this. And maybe, just maybe, you’ll see them once more. And if you do, you’re gonna wanna be strong for them, right?”
They nod slowly.
“Then get your act together sweetheart! Y’know I love ya, but...d*mn! You really are a pain sometimes.”
They chuckle, wiping the remaining tears from their face. “I know. And hey-” they slap Poetrie lightly. “Thanks.”
“Eh, don’t mention it. I know I give great pep talks, Fracture.”
Fracture….
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fracture. That’s my name.
Sign up to rate and review this story