Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > The Ice Kunoichi of the Eleven-Tailed Wolf

Chapter 7: Mission the Waves Pt.2

by GamerLadd 0 reviews

Aiko Yanaka was a 4-year-old kid that was abandoned by her parents near the gates that lead into Konoha. Before she even enters the village she meets the demon sealed inside of her, at least, that'...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Hinata,Kakashi,Naruto,Orochimaru,Tsunade - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2021-12-14 - 3510 words - Complete

0Unrated
Welcome to Chapter 7: Mission the Waves Pt.2

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy



Flashback Start:



Zabuza tried fighting back but a flash of yellow light appeared behind him and a kunai was held against his throat. "Your done Zabuza" Naruto said in an ice-cold and dangerous voice. Zabuza hadn't even said a word when two Senbon needles struck his neck and a Kiri Hunter Nin appeared and, after exchanging words with Kakashi and Yuna, took Zabuza's body away. After the Nin left Tazuna and the rest of Team 7 left to his house to eat and rest up With Yuna thinking one thing one the way there, "Zabuza's not dead". 



Flashback End:



Third Person P.O.V:



When Team 7 had arrived in the Wave Country they couldn't help but be appalled at what they saw. Half-starved and sick men, women, and children littered the streets. Everywhere they looked they saw someone whose ribs were showing or someone coughing from some sort of sickness. Aiko's eyes narrowed along with her pupils becoming like slits. Her eyes shined with anger and she tightened her hand into a fist until it nearly bled as she looked at the people on the streets. 

"How long has it been like this Tazuna-San?" Hinata asked as they walked. Tazuna let out a sigh before he continued. "It's been like this ever since Gato stopped all shipments to the Wave. Now, we barely have enough food to fill the shops here and we don't have enough medicine for the sick. He's slowly killing this country all for the sake of money and power" Tazuna explained. Hinata looked down in sadness at the answer. They all kept silent until they arrived at the door of a house on the edges of the town. 

Tazuna knocked on the door of the house and they heard a soft 'coming' from inside. The door swung open a few seconds later and a woman with long, blue-colored hair answered the door. She was wearing a short-sleeved pink shirt with the end of the sleeves along with the collar of the shirt were red in color. She also wears a long blue skirt. "Tou-san!" the woman cheered as she hugged Tazuna tightly. "I'm so happy to see you again Tsunami" Tazuna replied as he hugged his daughter back. 

After Tsunami broke the hug she looked at Team 7 standing behind her father. "Who are these people?" Tsunami asked. Tazuna gestured to Team 7 as he introduced them. "These are the Shinobi that will be protecting me while we finish that bridge" Tazuna answered. Tsunami had a look of realization spread across her face before she bowed. "Thank you for protecting my father while he completes the bridge" Tsunami said in a thankful tone. 

"It's no problem Tsunami-san," Kakashi said as he waved his hand dismissively. Tsunami stood up and moved as she gestured to the inside of the home. "Please, come in. You must be hungry after your long journey" Tsunami said with a smile. "Thank you Tsunami-san" Team 7 said in unison before moving inside the home. Once they were inside they all took their shoes off at the door and walked onto the main floor of the house. "Dinner will be done in just an hour, please be patient," Tsunami said with a kind tone and small smile. 

Tazuna walked over to a seat at the head of the table and sat down and everyone else followed and sat down. Kakashi was at the other end of the table with Yuna on his right and Naruto on his left. Hinata was to the right of Yuna and Aiko was to the left of Naruto. As they sat there and chatted Aiko closed her eyes and started focusing on sending chakra to an area on her forehead. She kept sending little bits of chakra towards that one spot on her forehead until there was the sound of a dish being set down in front of her. 

She opened her eyes and saw a bowl full of soup and some rice on the side. "I know it's not a lot but I hope you enjoy it," Tsunami said. Aiko a whiff of it and her mouth watered at the smell. She took the bowl in her hands and brought her lips to the edge of the bowl. she tipped it slightly and let the warm liquid slip into her mouth. Once it hit her tongue she had stars in her eyes. She placed the bowl now and looked at Tsunami with the stars in her eyes still. 

Tsunami-san, this soup is delicious!" Aiko exclaimed. Everyone else took sips of the soup and had the same reaction. "She's right," Kakashi said. "My little pup is usually a picky eater to" Yuna mentioned, earning a glare from Aiko. "It's nothing too special," Tsunami said with a blush on her face from the praise, "I just used what I had to make this". Tsunami placed one final bowl down before SHe stepped over to a door that led to the rest of the home. "Inari! Dinner is ready" Tsunami called out then stepped over to the spot to Tazuna's left and sat down. 

"Who's Inari?" Aiko asked Tsunami. "He's my son," Tsunami said with a smile. After that, little footsteps could be heard rapidly approaching the dining area. "Grandpa!" A little boy's voice cheered he leaped into Tazuna's arms. "Inari, my grandson! I'm so happy to see you again" Tazuna said happily. When Inari got out of Tazuna's grasp he looked over at Team 7 and his face faltered a little bit. He sat down right next to Aiko and began to eat his dinner. 

"So what time will we be departing towards the bridge from here tomorrow Tazuna-san?" Kakashi asked. "After breakfast tomorrow morning if possible" Tazuna replied. "Maybe we could get some training in while we protect you Tazuna-san so we can beat Gato" Aiko exclaimed. Before anyone could say a word, Inari stood up abruptly, causing all eyes to fall on him. "You're going to die if you do that" Inari stated. "We're not going to die kid," Naruto said. "Yeah, we'll train super hard to beat this Gato guy and be the Hero's of this land!" Aiko stated with a grin. 

"What are you, stupid? There's no such thing as a hero!" Inari shouted at Aiko, "Why do you guys bother to try so hard?! No matter how hard you train, you're still no match for Gato's men! No matter what glorious claims you make or how hard you work, the weak will only end up getting killed!". After Inari's rant, he ran out of the dining area and up the stairs to his room. The room was quiet after Inari left and it was like that for the rest of the meal.

"Why does Inari-san not like the word hero?" Hinata questioned. Tsunami and Tazuna looked down as memories flashed through their mind before Tazuna told the story of Kaiza, a man who was like a surrogate father for Inari but was killed by Gato as a statement towards the village. At the end of the story, Aiko stood up from her spot at the table. "Please excuse me, the meal was amazing Tsunami-san," Aiko said as she bowed politely and made her way towards the stairs of the house before climbing up them. 

When she got to the second story of the home she heard quiet crying coming from the room at the end of the hallway. She quietly made her way over to the room and creaked the door open a tiny bit. She looked into the room and saw Inari crying while holding a picture frame. She stepped into the room and made her way over to Ianri's side at the window. Inari looked up and saw Aiko sit next to him but he looked away. "Your mother told us about your step-father. He was a brave man" Aiko said. 

"He broke his promise" Inari whispered. "What do you mean?" Aiko asked. "He promised that he would protect us and the whole town from danger but Gato killed him because he wasn't strong enough," Inari said. Aiko sat there as she thought over what to say before she turned to Inari. "Do you blame him for dying?" Aiko asked Inari. Inari nodded his head. "Do you blame him for dying to protect you and your mother?" Aiko asked. "But he didn't protect us! He died because he was to weak" Inari protested. 

"Inari-" Aiko said softly before turning her gaze towards Inari. "-He never broke his promise to you," Aiko said, earning a confused look from Inari. "He died protecting the women he loved. He died protecting the boy he treated like his own son. He continued to protect this place even though he's dead, you know how?" Aiko questioned. "H-how" Ianri sniffled. Aiko took her pointer finger at poked Inari's chest, just where his heart was.

"Even though he's dead, his spirit lives on in you. The will to never give up and help others no matter what the situation is like is buried deep inside you. His promise to protect this land still lives in you, you just haven't realized it yet" Aiko said as gave Inari a hug before she left his room. When Aiko left the room Ianri took one last look at the picture that was in his grasp and held it close to him. "She's right. Thank you for protecting us...Tou-san".



Timeskip to next morning



Tsunami, along with the help of Hinata and Aiko, was preparing breakfast for everyone. "You two don't have to help me, really," Tsunami said. "I don't like you doing everything by yourself Tsuanmi-san," Aiko said as she checked the rice. "I agree with Aiko-san" Hinata chimed in from next to Aiko as she watched over Aiko to make she wasn't doing anything wrong. "Why do you have to watch me make the rice Hinata-chan" Aiko questioned with an irritated tone. "Because I want it to make sure it's edible," Hinata answered. Aiko had a shocked look on her face at Hinata's answer. "I'm a good cook!" Aiko protested, turning towards Yuna. "Right mama?" Aiko asked. Yuna just sat there, pretending not to hear Aiko. "Mama!" Aiko whined. Tsunami giggled at their antics and they finished preparing breakfast soon after that. 

They all sat down at the table and ate breakfast and halfway through it Yuna brought up the subject of Zabuza. "I believe that Zabuza is still alive". This caused everyone at the table to look at Yuna with a shocked expression on their face minus Kakashi. "How is he still alive? I thought that Hunter nin killed Zabuza," Tazuna said. "It only seemed like he was killed Tazuna-san. The place where the two Senbon needles struck wasn't vital points. Plus, a hunter-nin would get rid of the body right where it was killed, not take it somewhere else" Kakashi stated. 

"So that Hunter-nin is working with Zabuza?" Naruto questioned and Kakashi nodded. "Which means we should train you three. I know you already have already trained for a few years but there's always something new to learn" Kakashi stated.



Timeskip: Several days later



Aiko's P.O.V:



I groaned as I woke up from my sleep. I looked to my right and saw that Hinata-chan and Mama were gone. "Where did they go?" I questioned. I got out of bed and changed into my Shinobi clothing and made my way downstairs. Once I was downstairs I expected to see everyone there but all I saw was Tsunami and Inari doing the dishes. "Morning Tsunami-san, Inari-san" I greeted. Inari turned toward me and gave me a smile. "Morning Aiko-nee-chan" Inari greeted me cheerfully. 

I smiled back at him. "Where's everyone else?" I asked. "They all left out the bridge. They said to let you sleep in because you had chakra exhaustion from doing something" Tsunami answered. "What!" I shouted before I rushed out the door but not before saying goodbye to the two of them. I ran in the direction of the bridge but as I ran I kept noticing large slashes on the trees I passed by. I stopped running and examined one of the trees when I noticed a dead boar and ran over to it. 

I looked at its body and looked at the slashes on its body. "These weren't from any animal. Looks like they're from a sword" I mused before I looked to where they lead to. "And they go back towards the village". I stood there before the information sunk in and my eyes widened. "Inari and Tsunami!" I exclaimed. I applied chakra to my feet and shot off back towards the village. "Please don't let me be too late," I said to myself as I ran through the forest.

Once I got to the outskirts of the village I didn't stop, I kept running all the way to Tazuna's home. When I got outside I heard a crash and Tsunami's scream. I looked through the window and saw two of Gato's thugs holding her. "If we hold you hostage then that old man will have no choice and will have to stop building that bridge," A large thug said. "I'll bite my own tongue off and drown in my own blood before I let you use me as a hostage!" Tsunami spat. 

"Damn...That's hardcore" I mused in my head. "Maybe we'll have fun with you while we wait" another thug who was smaller said as he eyed Tsunami like a piece of candy. "Bastard!" I shouted in my head as I moved towards the door but I stopped when I heard Inari's voice. "L-let go of my Mom!" I heard Inari shout. "Inari! Run!" Tsunami pleaded. I heard footsteps move towards Inari and that's when I sprung into action. I kicked the door down and that struck the smaller thug and sent him to the ground. 

I grabbed the bigger thug and there out of the house and quickly did the same to the smaller thug. I cut Tsunami's ropes off and handed her a kunai and made an Ice Clone. "Take Inari to the bathroom and stay in there. My clone will protect you" Tsunami nodded and grabbed Inari and ran towards the bathroom. I stepped out of the house in time to see the large thug help the smaller one up. "You guys have a lot of nerve attacking Tsunami-san and Inari-san," I said as cracked my knuckles.

"We're going to kill you little girl for getting in our way," The smaller thug said as he charged at me. He brought his sword up and swung it downwards toward me. I leaned to the left and dodge his strike and brought my leg up and kicked his chin hard. He stumbled backward as the other guy charged at me. He tried swiping at me from the side and I just jumped over the sword and sent chakra enhanced punched towards the guy's gut. He dodges it but got hit with a hard kick to the side. 

He flew backward and hit the other guy who was just getting up. I sighed as I turned around and I saw Inari standing at the entrance to his house. I started walking towards him when he shouted: "Lookout". I whipped around and saw the two thugs got back up and swung their blades downwards at me. I coated my hands in my chakra and grabbed their blades. I enjoyed the shocked look in their eyes and I looked up at them with narrowed eyes and thin slitted pupils. 

"Big mistake," I said before I grinned. Their blades quickly froze over and I easily broke the swords. While they were in their shocked state I coated both my fist in my chakra and punched both their guts. Their eyes glazed over and they fell down on the ground, not dead but knocked out. I tied them up with some rope that was laying around before I turned towards Inari. "Thanks for saving me Inari," I said as I messed Inari's hair up, "You're a Hero, just like your step-father," I said before I jumped off towards the direction of the bridge. 

The closer I got to the bridge the bigger sense of dread I felt. "What's happening?" I questioned as I ran faster towards the bridge. When I arrived there I felt my stomach drop. I saw Naruto and Hinata full of Senbon needles as if they were pin cushions. "NO!" I shouted. I leaped down next to Hinata's body and felt for a pulse. My heart cracked a little when I felt no pulse coming from her. I looked over at Naruto and my heart cracked even more. 

I slowly moved my hand towards Naruto's unmoving body and felt for a pulse. When I didn't feel anything I felt my heart completely shatter. I felt hot tears fall down my cheeks as I put my face on his chest. "I never got to tell how I truly felt. I'm so sorry, I got here too late" I cried out. I barely felt a presence appear near me. I looked up and my eye widened before they narrowed in anger. "If it helps, he died like a true shinobi," The Hunter-Nin said in a monotone voice. 

"You bastard! You killed Naruto and Hinata!" I shouted in anger. I slowly picked myself up from laying my head on Naruto's chest as I looked at the Hunter-Nin with fury in my ice white eyes. "They were tools of the Hidden Leaf and they fulfilled their purpose". That just infuriated me even further and I felt the temperature drop dramatically around me as a red bubbly chakra surrounded my body.



Third Person P.O.V:



The red, bubbling chakra surrounded Aiko's entire body as she was consumed in rage and fury at the death of Hinata and Naruto. She dropped down on all fours as a single tail sprouted from the base of her back. The Hunter-Nin ran through several handsigns and cast a Jusu. "Ice Style: Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals". The Hunter-nin was about to step inside the mirror but Aiko let out a roar and the mirrors shatter like they were nothing. 

"How" Was the only thing the Hunter-Nin could say before Aiko disappeared from view and reappeared in front of the Hunter-Nin with a fist. He couldn't dodge as the fist connected with his mask and his face. The Hunter-Nin flew backward and laid down on the ground. Aiko stood up after throwing the punch and watched as the Hunter-Nin slowly stood up. Once the nin stood up completely the masked cracked even more before it fell off. 

"H-Haku!" Aiko said in disbelief, "Why! why would you kill my friends!" Aiko demanded. "Because I'm Zabuza-sama's tool and I was ordered to take them out of the fight" Haku explained. "I told you this when we met in the forest that one morning. You aren't Zabuza's tool! You are your own Shinobi!" Aiko shouted. "Go ahead and kill me, I have fulfilled my purpose," Haku said as he held his arms out. "I won't kill you" Aiko shouted, refusing Haku's request. 

"Your friends were too weak to fight me. they didn't have a chance" Haku said in a cold voice. Aiko's eyes narrowed and she growled, "Now you get your wish" Aiko growled. She charged at Haku as he closed his eyes and waited for his death. He looked behind him when he heard what sounded like a thousand birds chirping. Haku saw Yuna and a clone of Yuna hold Zabuza in place as Kakashi ran at Zabuza with a Chidori. Aiko appeared in front of Haku with a Kunia in hand and thrust it forward towards Haku's heart but it was deflected. "I'm sorry Aiko-chan, I'm not ready to die yet," Haku said as she disappeared from view at took Kakashi's Chidori to the heart. 



Timeskip



Team 7 stood in front of the graves of Haku and Zabuza and paid their respect before they left-back towards the Leaf village. Once everyone had paid their respects to the fallen Shinobi they turned and started walked back towards the village. Aiko stayed behind for a little bit before turning around and catching up to the rest of the group. "To truly be strong is when you have someone precious to you that you want to protect" Aiko mused to herself as she looked at Naruto. "I think I understand what you mean Haku, thank you for teaching that to me," Aiko said to herself as Team 7 made their way back to the Hidden Leaf Village. 



(A/N)

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry if the chapter wasn't that good. I kind of didn't know what to write for the entire chapter but I hope it was good. I promise that the next chapter will be much better.

Published: Tuesday - December 14th, 2021 - 3:13 P.M.
Sign up to rate and review this story