Categories > Anime/Manga > My Hero Academia > Looking░Glass (ヺ咽ち)

Chapter 2

by Sucrose 0 reviews

Dabi's pov

Category: My Hero Academia - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2022-01-11 - 3483 words

0Unrated
Dabi was...bothered. By something. Not the fact that the boss had been acting strange around him lately, no, although it was kinda odd. Honestly, it was due to the current state of the world. I mean...Endeavor was the new..dare he say it, “symbol of peace”? Disgusting. The old man was hardly fit for the job. He had a horrendous temper, a mean spirit, a man of barely any empathy, his only passion and goal to come out on top. He didn’t care about people, let alone his own offspring.
Shaking his head, Dabi released a long sigh. He pulls his dark hood farther over his head, covering his frustrated tired eyes as he plops down at the edge of a wooden, old, creaky pier. Skimming the edge of his covered toes through the water, he keeps his eyes downward. The golden, cotton-candy layered syrup of sunset dripped sleepily across the grey-blue rippling waves, the bright sun spreading like melted butter across the horizon. Above, the skies dulled to a midnight blue, with only small, slender tips of bright daylight blue streaking the heavens. Clouds and trails of rocket smoke dotted the atmosphere, living amongst each other, floating along without a care in the world, as nightime dawned down upon the dark haired, scarred young villain. Dark mists edged the lining of Dabi’s bright, shining eyes, floating over his field of vision ever so slowly….
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My..my sweet, my...my dear...

a small, soft hand pressed around his cheek, lifting his face upwards. The figure..the figure was sobbing uncontrollably, whispering his name under their breath.
“What’s wrong?” he tried to say, but alas, his lips were closed tight. His heart pounded in his chest, his throat tightened, sweat dribbled down his forehead. A red liquid was pooling on the ground underneath his feet, but he could not feel it…
His gaze wandered up to the shadowed figure’s glowing wet red eyes, their tears streaking down, shining in the silver moonlight. Why were they so sad? Dabi wondered. He wasn’t sad...he felt..fuzzy, as if this was all a memory. AH-WHAT THE HELL-

The figure had picked him up briskly into their arms, holding him close, racing into the moonlight, the white shade draping over their face, revealing snow white skin, crystal bl...cryst-cry-do-don’t-don’t cry-

A loud ‘POP!!’ sounded out, causing Dabi to jump straight up. He looks around wildly, the air in his lungs forcing itself in and out quickly. His hood had crumpled down to his shoulders, his body had been slumped over. The starry dark blanket had already been lain upon the sky for what had seemed like at least an hour now. His body was shivering, his breath clear and visible in the night air. Dabi rubs his shoulders and stands up, attempting to lift his hood back over his head, when the noise sounded again. He grabs at his ears, growling through his teeth. He stomped his foot, looking upwards-
A flashing red light slammed into his chest, the force of a thousand men-forcing him onto his back. The searing red pain tore through Dabi’s nerves, causing him to cry out. He opened one eye, glancing at his side. Flames were burning through his clothes, and his skin. He hurriedly patted them out, letting out a hiss while grabbing his side, scrambling to his feet and falling again-his body in shock. He barely had time to fully recover his footing when a huge fist crashed into his middle, a painful ‘snap!’ emitting from the place of impact. The offender forced him onto the ground, yelling something he couldn’t quite comprehend…
Dabi opened one eye.
Of course. Speak of the devil.
Endeavor himself, in all of his glory, stood over Dabi, giving him a glare that could kill.
“VILLAIN!! You were one of them, weren’t you?”
What was he talking about…? The camp ambush, the…
The hero grabs him by his shirt, lifting him to the air. His fist began to blaze brightly, growing like a vine upwards onto Dabi’s body.
Releasing a huff, Dabi lifts his hand slowly, catching Endeavor’s attention. Twisting his body around, the young villain’s foot catches him right under the chin, causing the pro hero to lose his balance and collapse onto the ground. As soon as Dabi hit the ground, he slammed his foot onto the rough wood, lurched forward and made a run for it. Each step he took was like a hammer to steel, blood leaking from Dabi’s mouth, dribbling down his cheek and falling to the floor like tears. Several shouts and curses were heard from Endeavor’s general direction, signaling that he was no longer down for the count. Bracing himself, Dabi swerved his heel and faced him, lighting his hands, then throwing out a brilliant blast of icey blue licking flames. Endeavor waved his arms wildly, shouting in rage. Dabi gave himself a smirk of satisfaction, turning around-
SH*T!!!
His cry tore through the air as a blazing whip sliced across his back, a sword of hot steel, a ‘snap’ ringing out. He crashed onto the ground, rolling over and over into a house, slamming his body against a door.
Dabi’s ears were ringing. Too much, too loud...he coughed, stumbling onto his knees, right as a flaming foot shoved him down, pinning him to the ground.
“I have you...you...YOU SCUM OF THE EARTH!!” Endeavor cries hoarsely.
At least I gave him a fight, Dabi thinks to himself, attempting to crawl away from his..current situation. Endeavor grabs his arm swiftly, gripping it tightly before snapping it upwards. Dabi bites his tongue. Nono, he wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.
Endeavor didn’t seem to have any further words for Dabi as he grabbed a rope, beginning to wrap it around the villain, who was struggling to activate his quirk in his foot, which, he felt, was splitting apart. He must’ve hit the ground too hard-
Endeavor pulls out a dark phone, dialing in the infamous number with three click taps, when both mortals hear the sound of a wheezing, heavy breath. Whoever it was, they were pissed. The cracking of knuckles was heard, then-
“GET THE HELL OFF OF HIM!!”
A gloved fist crashed into the side of Endeavor’s face, with enough force to send him onto the streets. Whoever it was had neared Dabi. who, out of fear (-he really didn’t need anymore broken bones, honestly.), had begun scrambling away in his best effort. The figure walked over him though, their rage carrying them further. Dabi nearly let out a gasp, his eyes snapping open in shock.
“B-boss?”
Shigaraki, in all of his glory, had taken a stand against Endeavor...for him? Was this the end of the world or somethin-
Endeavor stood up, glaring daggers at Shigaraki-but before he could make a move, the leader turned around, swiped Dabi up into his arms with groan, and had begun racing away as fast as possible.
They continued running, far-far away, until Endeavor was out of sight.
Shigaraki slid behind a building, breathing heavily. Unable to hold him anymore, he carefully lay Dabi onto the ground, Shigaraki placing a hand on his chest. Dabi had never seen so much...emotion in his master’s eyes, his ruby eyes filling with tears, his face and body exhausted..
“Boss...are you, crying?” Dabi smirked playfully, a raspy chuckle leaving his throat.
Shigaraki didn’t respond, concentrating on unwrapping the bandages from his scarred, scratched up arms, laying them onto Dabi’s wounds. The wounded villain hissed, flinching.
“Shhhh…” Shigaraki hushed him, glaring sharply in concentration. He wrapped Dabi’s torso in the torn, old bandages. He turned Dabi over gently, causing him to hiss.
The long, bright red whip-wound stretched across his back, from behind his neck to his waist, blood seeping from it. It had torn through tissue and muscle, not deep enough to expose any bone, however. Shigaraki growls, shaking his head fervently. He continued wrapping until every exposed wound was covered, his arms so...open.
Shigaraki lay Dabi down again, stumbling over to look in front of the building, making sure there were no intruders, or night-goers. Taking a deep breath, he turns back to the wounded villain, who had fallen into a deep sleep due to blood loss, or just exhaustion.
Shigaraki’s gaze softened, eyes drooping, his body slumping over.
“Father, what am I to do?” he enquired, tone melancholic. After all, this was a...complicated situation he had on his hands at the moment. He didn’t have the right amount of energy to carry Dabi again, they were out in the open, and there was no way to contact the recruits-except, of course, if he abandoned Dabi and went to get someone. But that could be...fatal, dangerous.
Leaning over a dumpster that was by the house, Shigaraki grabbed out a few bags, creating a short wall between the outside and where they were hiding. Afterwards, he lay on his back right beside Dabi, hoping that one of the league members may find them soon.
While laying down, Shigaraki took some time to observe his surroundings. They were located at the side of a tan-orange-brown brick house, with a large, flat white roof lain upon it. There were several houses just like this one, lined up neatly beside each other. It was a quiet place, perhaps only that way in the nighttime hours. Crickets were the only ones making a single noise, fireflies the only ones showing their light. He was getting drowsy, and soon fell into a deep sleep. When shigaraki woke up, he felt something warm rub against him. He opened his eyes only to be face to face with a black and white cat. “Well hello kitty, what are you doing here?” Shigaraki said, running his gloved hand down the cats back.
Dabi woke up seconds after him, hissing as he tried to sit up. Shigaraki jumped, startled by this. “Hey, don’t do that, you'll pass out if you use too much energy.” he said, laying a hand on his chest, laying him back down gently. The cat jumped on dabi’s chest, causing him to squeak. Dabi grimaced, petting the underside of it’s chin. The shorter male had stood up, he looked around to make sure no one was around. The sun still hadn’t risen yet. He shivered, as it was still early in the morning.
Dabi lay his eyes on the boss, giving him a curious look. “Hey-”
“What?” Shigaraki whispered without looking at him.
Dabi rubbed the back of his neck, looking away. “Erm-thank you for uh-saving me. He caught me off guard, that’s all-I could’ve beaten him in a fair fight.”
Shigaraki did not respond to that. He had wrapped himself in his arms trying to keep warm, as he was wearing a very thin hoodie at the time.
Dabi felt...extremely awkward. “So...what exactly were you doing? When you found me?”
“None of your business!” Shigaraki barks, turning around to face him. He gives the fallen villain a sharp glare. “You’ve wasted so much of my time tonight-we should be planning. If you hadn’t been so-so ignorant-” He turned away, obviously irritated with the wounded villain because of his stupidity. “You could have gotten seriously hurt.” He sounded like he was gonna cry.
“As if you would care.” Dabi rolled his eyes.
Shigaraki opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it. There was no chance, no chance Dabi cared for him like he did-no point in confessing now.
Shigaraki scoffed, crossing his arms, hiding his eyes. Dabi was familiar with this action. He sighed heavily, tired of shigaraki being such a baby all the time.
“Boss, would it be rude to tell you to grow the fuc* up?”
Shigaraki whipped his head around. “The only reason I am watching over you is because you are a valuable asset against the heroes! If you continue being so..so irritating, I can easily be rid of you!!”
Dabi smirked, weakly leaning his head to the side. “You wouldn’t dare. You know you can’t resist me.”
Shigaraki’s face grew red. He turned away and hid his face in his hands, shaking his head. “Fuc you ashole.”
“Spicy.” Dabi chuckled. He stared at the younger male, who was still shivering.
“Yo creep, you cold or somethin?”
Shigaraki growled, standing up, ignoring the question. “I was wrong to help you. Can you stand?”
Dabi was getting slightly frustrated. Why was he avoiding the question? “I asked you a question. So answer me shigaraki.” His tone was stern. The fact that he called him by his name surprised shigaraki.
“Y-yes, I am cold. Now answer me. Can you stand or not, scar face?”
Dabi sighs, getting to his knees. He struggles for a bit before standing, hunched over.
“Somewhat.”
“Good enough. Let's hurry back.”
Dabi nods, stumbling behind Shigaraki. The two walked for what had seemed like miles upon miles of pure silence, the sun slowly setting it’s fingertips upon the horizon.
Finally, Dabi broke the silence. “Why exactly did you save me? I mean, you could easily replace me.”
This caused Shigaraki to freeze in his steps. “I...your quirk, is powerful, useful.” Dabi cocks his head, raising an eyebrow. “There’s a million better quirks out there, boss. GAAASP-do you actually care?” Dabi teases, right before releasing a wet cough.
Shigaraki shakes his head, walking faster.
The two finally reached the base, and Dabi was handed to Kurogiri’s care. Shigaraki went to his room silently.
He had a lot to think about.
So, it appeared this..interest was one-sided. Should’ve known...this was foolish anyway! It wasn’t as if he was anywhere close to Dabi’s...level. Nono!! He was-he was better than him! He didn't need Dabi’s care anyway. He could do things for himself! Love was for heroes. Hatred was for his kind…but then..
...why did he..have to fall for the scarred gentleman?
Digging his nails into his arms deep enough to bleed, he clenches his eyes shut, releasing a pained gurgle from his throat. It made no sense. He didn’t want to feel this-it wasn’t worth it, to be keeling over, suffering so badly over..holding an interest in someone. No sense, no sense, no sense, No sense, NO SENSE!!!
Curling his fingers around his ears, he began to waver, smudging his red-speckled, snow white sheets with wrinkles.
A single tear dripped onto the floor with a tap.
It wasn’t fair.
.
.
.
.
.
.
“Dabi-kun!” Toga chortles, draping her arms over Dabi’s shoulders. Shaking his head, the injured villain jerked his shoulders, knocking her arms off. “Stop acting so childish-”
Toga squeals quietly, swinging her body over to the side of his bed, dangling her feet off of it. Holding a knife up to her face, she begins humming softly.
“Why’s Tomura-san been actin’ so weird, huh?”
“No idea.”
“You think he’s sick?”
“Don’t think so.”
“Hurt?”
“Doubt it.”
“Mentally out of order?”
“All the time.”
“In loooove?” Toga coos.
“Not likel-” Dabi stops short, releasing a small chuckle. Boss? Falling in love? That’d be funny.
Toga gives Dabi a very, very broad grin.
“What?”
“Oh nothing~” she giggles, hopping off the bed.
Strange.
Dabi folded his hands over his stomach, looking up at the dotted ceiling. He was in excruciating pain-but y'know, happens. As long as he wasn’t dead, he would be alright. As long as he could move-oh, shut up.
This was extremely dull.
Dabi sighed heavily before sitting up, sliding off the bed. Might as well make use of himself, apologize to the boss for taking up his precious freetime.
He struggled, getting up off his bed and into the hallway. He clinged to the wall, steadying himself, running through the conversation he would have with boss through his head. Blah blah blah, sorry, blah blah blah, you’re still a big baby, blah blah-
Stumbling to the boss’ door, Dabi lay a soft knock onto it.
No answer.
He knocks again.
Still no answer.
“eh-Boss? I ain’t got all day.”
No answer.
Releasing a final sigh, he turns the knob.
Locked.
Dabi groans loudly, then slams his foot into the door a dozen times over. Finally, it pops open.
“BOSS!!! Why didn’t you just open the door you mother-friggin-”
Dabi froze.
This day could not get any more awkward, he swore.
Shigaraki was curled on his bed, sobbing heavily, his arms open, scarred and dyed crimson red. His hair was knotted up in clumps, red eyes glittering with fat tears. He was gripping the sheets as if his life depended on it. As soon as Dabi came into his field of vision, a small groan rose from his throat, coming out like a painful, long whine.
“L-LEAVE!! LEAVE ME IMMEDIATELY!!” Shigaraki screeched, embarrassment and absolute shame clinging to his desperate plea. His cheeks flushed red, his eyes clamping shut. He whimpers quietly, teeth bared, more tears flowing down his face.

Dabi didn’t know what it was. But it slammed him in the chest-he should’ve been laughing, criticizing the almighty boss for showing weakness...
But right now..
Shigaraki looked very small. And vulnerable. Like a child, curling in on himself as the father’s blow lands upon his body, noone to comfort him, just a faulty bred someone, not fit for this place, this home, this world-
He reminded him..of...a..a younger self.
No one to help him..
The urge slammed into his chest over and over again relentlessly, like licking flames against his skin. Don’t just stand there, idiot!! Stop acting so selfish and help him!!
Reaching his arm out, his leg stumbles over one step hesitantly, then again-his body wavers back one time, then he takes off, racing to the bed. He trips onto his knees, throwing his arms around Shigaraki, laying him gently to his chest.
“Shhh…”
This is so stupid…
Shut it.
“Can I ask why you’re doing this?”
No answer. He made the bluenette look up at him. “Answer me dammit!”
Shigaraki bites back another sob, casting Dabi a look.
“Why should you care?” he whispers silently.
That was a good question. “Because, um-” he looks around. “I- Because- because you helped me.”
Shigaraki tilts his head at Dabi, glad that his hair was currently hiding his face, as the stare he was giving the scarred, wounded villain would have been considered..creepy. Knowing that this was an extremely rare moment, he spent every second drinking in Dabi’s features...his touch, his arms so securely wrapped around him, the way his raven hair draped over his face slightly, his chest warm and comforting, eyes brighter than any star in the sky. This very moment was causing his heart to beat several beats faster, his breath catching-he could feel himself falling more in love with the tall man.
Dabi himself was beginning to get more comfortable as the minutes passed by. He hummed silently, glancing slowly down at the person laying in his arms...when did boss ever cry? He’d never seen him do it but-there was a time and a place for everything…
Dabi heard a door slamming in the other room, causing him to jump. He began moving Shigaraki off of his lap, when the blunette grabbed his shirt tightly in his fists.
“Don’t go.” he whispered quietly, in a shattered voice.
Dabi’s eyes lowered, his eyebrows creasing up. “I hafta see if-if they’ve come home with anyone-”
“Please!!” Shigaraki cries, looking at dabi with desperate eyes. “Please, I can’t..can’t be by myself again-I-I need you-”
Those bright, glowing blue eyes popped wide open. His mouth dropped open slightly. His face began to glow red, thoughts conflicted. Without another thought, he stands up, sliding Shigaraki carefully onto the bed, walking out of the room. Tomura himself covered his face with his hands, realizing his mistake.

Dabi went into the other room, barely comprehending what he had just heard. He couldn’t believe what his boss had said. He didn’t mean it right? I mean- that would be...strange, right? Stupid even. He didn’t..didn’t like him like that-
Right?
Plus, they were on two completely different levels. Boss, recruit. Nothing more. Right?
The more Dabi thought about it, the more confused he felt. There just...wasn’t anyway.
He thought back on the moment, the way his piercing crimson eyes were almost….. Inviting, the way he said he needed him….. He sounded as if he meant it.
Sign up to rate and review this story