Categories > Original > Romance > Not Into Guys...I Think

Chapter 2

by JustAFanficWriter 0 reviews

The night of the party.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Published: 2022-02-19 - 2717 words

0Unrated
Y/N downed the last of his drink, savoring the burning sensation of the alcohol. Dina kept on insisting about the party to everyone, so here he was. It wasn't exactly going as planned.

You see, what Y/N had planned, was simply a good time. He didn't want to dance, exactly, but he also didn't want to see Hazel, his ex-girlfriend, dancing with other men to purposefully make him jealous. It annoyed him how feelings didn't just go right away after a break up. There was always something that still remained. She kept on making fucking eye contact with him to make sure he was watching...it was, fuck, it was infuriating.

"Another, please," he said to the bartender without looking at him. The bartender gave him a questionable and worried look, but did as he said. Once Y/N received the drink, he quickly took a sip. His vision was a bit blurry, but the feeling the alcohol gave him was relaxing and...well, intoxicated. He wasn't an alcoholic. But he definitely drank.

"Too much to drink?" a familiar male voice asked him. He looked over to see Jesse.

"Too much shit to deal with," Y/N said, taking another drink.

"I hear ya," Jesse agreed as he leaned against the counter next to the 19-year-old. "People keep staring. You don't look so good."

"I thought I looked pretty good," Y/N joked, looking down at his all-black suit.

"You do," Jesse chuckled. "But that's not what I meant. How're you holding up?"

"Are you referring to her?" Y/N asked.

"If you want me to be," Jesse said. Y/N took a deep breath. "You don't have to talk if you don't-"

"Do you know why we broke up?" Y/N questioned suddenly, catching Jesse off guard. When Jesse didn't do anything other than tilt his head slightly, Y/N continued, sinking into the drunken bliss. "She said I wasn't...there, in the relationship. It's like I couldn't satisfy her. Romantically, at least." Another snort from Jesse. "I don't understand how I wasn't 'there.' I was certainly there. I didn't understand what she meant. And she got mad at me for not knowing." Jesse hummed, nodding his head. "She just went off on me and...fuck, I've never been in a real relationship like this."

"Yeah, you're only like 19 and how many women have you slept with here?" Jesse asked, laughing.

"You're dramatic. You act like I was a fuckboy or something," Y/N argued, though he too was smiling. He straightened himself and cleared his throat. "Anyway, I guess that wasn't such a good thing to mention during the argument, because she got angrier. Saying how I was never ready for a relationship in the first place, I was still an immature child, I was an asshole, all this shit that just sprung out of nowhere. Looking back now, I should have just comforted her, because she was crying and in pain. Maybe she didn't mean all of those things she said, and was just trying to hurt me as much as I did, I guess. I don't know what I did, and she just kept on yelling and yelling. I was a bit drunk, so I yelled back, and went against my better judgement. I said some stuff I didn't mean. But...fucking hell, she acted like she was perfect. Like she never did anything wrong. She disappeared sometimes. She canceled dates. She hung out with other guys, and a few times, I thought she was getting too touchy with them. But I never said anything about it. I hate the feeling of jealousy. It was stupid, I thought, because she was mine, and I was hers. We both knew that. But I let it show that night. We just kept on digging a deeper hole, until I had enough. I headed towards the door, and I remember her saying something so dramatic and straight out of the movies, but it gave my heart a huge jump. 'If you walk through that door, we're done. Don't bother walking back in.' I stood there, for a while. It wasn't like I didn't care about her. I don't know what that kind of love feels like, but I think, maybe I felt it? But in the end, I was angry, I was jealous, I felt sick, I felt...tired. Really tired. Of everything, really. So I dragged my feet out of the door, and we haven't talked since then. Just glances here and there."

Another long drink.

"Damn," was all Jesse said. "That's a hell of a lot more painful than my breakup."

"Dina?" Y/N snorted. "Please, I'll give it two weeks until you guys are back together."

"Not gonna happen," Jesse denied, shaking his head. "Ah, look who actually decided to join the party."

Y/N followed his eyes and met eyes with the familiar green-eyed girl.

He immediately perked up. Ellie began to walk towards them.

"Ah, the queen has arrived," Y/N greeted, bowing his head.

"Oh, shut up," Ellie chuckled, taking his right side with a drink in her hand. She looked up into Y/N's eyes, which seemed a bit dilated. "How much have you had to drink?"

"I asked the same thing," Jesse added, smiling. "How do you know if you had too much?"

"I pass out," Y/N responded, taking another drink.

"He's literally Dina 2.0," Jesse told Ellie, laughing.

"Oh, give me that," Ellie said as she pulled the drink out of Y/N's hand.

"Hey," Y/N whined, reaching for it, but Ellie slid it across the table. "That was mean."

"You'll thank me later," Ellie said. Y/N looked behind her to see that Dina was skipping over to them. She almost tripped in her drunk state, making Y/N snort.

"Glad you could finally make it," Dina sighed happily. She looked at Y/N and Ellie. "What took you two so long?"

"Well we're here, aren't we?" Ellie stated, allowing Dina to grab the rest of her drink and down it.

"How come you let her drink and not me?" Y/N argued in a playful manner.

"Being me has its privileges," Dina fought, giving Y/N a small shove to his shoulder. She eyed him up and down. "Listen hot stuff, it's a family gathering, not a funeral." Jesse and Ellie laughed.

"Noise down," Y/N mumbled. "My clothes reflect my mood."

"Maybe a dance will shake all that depressing shit away," Dina offered.

"Maybe," Y/N agreed, too drunk to turn her down.

Dina held out her hand, and Y/N took it, allowing her to drag him to the dance floor.

Sheesh, she really is drunk isn't she? Well Dina....same.

The song that came on had a fast beat and was purely meant for people to embarrass themselves, but soon enough, Dina had Y/N smiling and completely loosened up. They swung each other here and there, almost stumbling and falling multiple times. Y/N wasn't in a sour mood anymore, and seemed to swap position with his ex. Now, she was drinking more and staring at Y/N. She had nothing to worry about when it came to Dina, though. The two were practically siblings. Soon, the song was finished, and Y/N breathed heavily as sweat dripped down his forehead. Dina dragged him back over Jesse and Ellie, who started clapping in a humorous manner.

"Alright, my entertainment bar has been filled," Jesse yawned, stretching his arms and putting his cup back on the ground. "Don't stay up too late. We have to wake up early tomorrow. Get some rest."

"Yes, sir," Dina saluted him, sitting down on a nearby chair.

"Dick," Y/N chuckled, watching as Jesse just rolled his eyes and walked away. "Next song, Dina?"

"I need to rest for a bit. Take that one," Dina sighed, nodding her head towards Ellie.

"What?" Ellie asked as if that one question snapped her out of a trance.

"You heard the woman," Y/N laughed, far too deep into the alcohol and fun. He reached over and grabbed Ellie's hand, taking her to the dance floor while she refused over and over again, but she didn't try pulling away.

The next song seemed to be slowed down, and Y/N sighed in relief. He could catch his breath with this one.

"I can't believe you dragged me into this. Literally," Ellie said.

"I don't see you pulling away," Y/N argued, grabbing her hands and guiding them to wrap around his neck. She didn't refuse, keeping her hands there and letting his hands touch her waist. They swayed to the music. The two never got this close to each other, but it didn't feel revolting. "Be lucky it's a slow dance song. See Dina over there? I tired her out. Would've done the same for you."

"She's been dancing way longer than you have," Ellie fought. Y/N shrugged. That was a good point. "Besides, I can last longer than that."

"Can you now?" Y/N teased, raising his eyebrows.

"Do you have to make a dirty joke out of everything?" Ellie asked, shaking her head with a grin on her face.

"I didn't make a dirty joke, you're just thinking that way," Y/N said.

"Yeah, sure," Ellie sarcastically stated.

Y/N only smiled and simply leaned in closer so she could lean her head on his shoulder. The two just swayed, enjoying the silence.

"She's staring at you. All the girls are staring," he heard Ellie whisper into his shoulder.

"Maybe they're staring at you," Y/N chortled. "You've certainly got a reputation."

"They're not staring at me," Ellie shook her head.

"They're jealous, maybe," Y/N offered.

"Of me? What is there to be jealous over?" Ellie mumbled. Y/N frowned at that statement. He pulled away from her side and looked her in the eyes.

"What isn't there to be jealous over?" he questioned. Ellie wore a confused expression. "Well... the eyes. You've got beautiful eyes. Do you know how many people alive today have green eyes?" Ellie smiled.

"Haven't met one yet," she said, growing slightly shy under his gaze. Y/N's eyes were nothing special in color. They were a dark brown, almost black. It was the look he had in them. The way he used them. It seemed deadly to look into them, but once you did, you couldn't look away.

"Exactly. Second, you are a badass. That's plain simple to anyone," Y/N stated. Ellie shook her head and grinned. "What? Some people can't even do half of what you do. Some people don't have nearly as much bravery, determination, and loyalty as you do."

"You trying to woo me?" Ellie asked, squinting her eyes playfully.

"Do you want me to woo you?" Y/N shot, copying her expression. That caught Ellie off guard. She didn't say anything. Was the room starting to get hot or was it just her? "They've got so much to be jealous of, Ellie. I could think of a million more reasons, but maybe saying you're beautiful could make it more worth your time."

Y/N didn't know what the hell he was doing. He was well aware of Ellie's sexuality. The only crushes he's known of her were all girls. Last time he checked, he wasn't a girl. But he was sinking deeper and deeper into his drunken state. He was loosened up. And right now, he really didn't care. He didn't care that there were people around them. He didn't care that this could ruin their friendship. He didn't care that his ex girlfriend was glaring at the duo. He didn't care that Ellie could punch him right in the mouth after he did this.

Y/N leaned down, and when Ellie didn't pull away, he pressed his lips against hers.

It wasn't at all aggressive. In fact, it was probably the sweetest kiss he'd ever given AND received.

Yes, he could call it a kiss, because Ellie was kissing him back.

If he wasn't shit-face drunk, he probably would have pulled away in shock. But why the hell would he pull away from those lips? It wasn't Hazel's lips, not Hazel. It didn't feel like her, or any other women he's kissed. He felt something entirely new. It excited and scared him.

The two pulled away from each other, and Y/N suddenly dreaded a punch to the face. It didn't happen, though. When he looked at Ellie, she merely gave him a shy smile.

Did she actually like that?

"Hey!" a sharp voice called out, making Y/N turn sharply to his left. Oh god, it was Seth. It wouldn't have been all that bad if he didn't happen to be Hazel's dad. "Y/N, I need to talk to you. Let's go outside. Now."

"We can talk here," Y/N said in more of a confused voice.

"Outside," Seth ordered again, trying to make his voice sound tougher, but with what Y/N's been through, he wasn't afraid.

"I said we can talk here," Y/N repeated, completely pulling away from Ellie to face Seth.

"Let's just get out of here," Ellie mumbled.

"You can shut it," Seth snapped. People started to set their gazes upon the 3.

"Excuse me?" Ellie said.

"Seth, get the fuck away from us," Y/N warned.

"You're such a piece of shit, you know that?" Seth ignored. "My daughter gave you her all and you-"

"Oh don't come at me with that bullshit!" Y/N yelled. That certainly got everyone's attention.

"Dad..." Hazel said, who had just now walked towards them. "You're drunk, let's just go bac-"

"No, he promised not to hurt you and look at what he did," Seth continued.

"You'll go the fuck away if you know what's good for you," Ellie threatened.

"You shut up!" Seth exclaimed. "You don't get to talk! I've seen women like you with him- you'll end up like trash left on the side of the road-"

"Fuck off!" Y/N shouted, shoving Seth far away from themm. Seth lost his balance (since he was drunk) and fell, but he quickly recovered. He started to move towards Y/N, and Y/N tensed his body for a fight, suddenly not feeling drunk anymore.

"You little shit-"

"Hey!" Joel rushed in, pushing Seth away from Y/N and Ellie. "Get the hell out of here."

"Get your hands off me," Seth growled. Hazel ran over to them again, this time accompanied by Maria and Tommy.

"Hey! That's enough," Maria told the two men, pushing them away from each other. Y/N noticed that Ellie seemed much more tense now. Maria looked at Seth. "Come on, you, let's go for a walk."

"What about him?" Seth questioned, still glaring at Y/N.

"You worry about yourself," Maria shut him down, forcing him to walk away with Tommy.

Y/N made eye-contact with Hazel again. There was a mixture of anger and embarrassment on her face, but she quickly ran away with her father.

"You alright, kiddos?" Joel asked them. Y/N opened his mouth to respond with a yes, but Ellie stepped forward and cut him off.

"What is wrong with you?" she questioned with an angry look on her face. Y/N was taken back by her behavior. He'd gotten a weird vibe between her and Joel, but she seemed actually angry with him.

"He had no right-"

"And you do?" Ellie interrupted. "I don't need your fucking help, Joel."

Yikes. Oh, that's a big fucking yikes. I need to run away. Oh lord, please take my soul, everybody is staring at us.

"Right," Joel muttered with a sad look in his eyes, and walked away. Y/N didn't know what to say. Ellie and Joel had their little angry moments, but she'd never straight up turn him down like that. Y/N tried talking.

"Ellie-"

"I need some air," Ellie interrupted, avoiding eye contact with anyone as she rushed out of the room.

"Oh...fuck me," Y/N cursed quietly.

"Hey, Y/N," Dina greeted, walking towards him.

She looked around at the staring people with a confused look.

"Uh, what'd I miss?"
Sign up to rate and review this story