Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 3: Awakenings

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log - supplemental, Stardate 56483.7, The Cylon leader has apparently been assassinated

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Number Six,Saul Tigh,William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-03 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1412 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 3: Awakenings

Captain’s log - supplemental, Stardate 2483.7, The Cylon leader has apparently been assassinated multiple times since our arrival in the universe. I myself have witness two of these. Currently, the Cylons designated as Model Eight, most of whom do not follow the human custom of wearing clothing, are removing the inhibitors from the Cylon warrior models known as: centurions. We have been introduced by Boomer Eight to a woman known as: Ellen Tigh, who is apparently one of the Final Five Cylons. While Ambassador Kim assists the Eights with the freeing of the centurions from bondage, The Doctor and I have been allowed to attend the awakening for a Model Three Cylon.


Ionian Nebula - Base Ship 1 - Resurrection Chamber

The model Three Cylon known as D’Anna gasped as she awoke from her latest Resurrection. Cavil One had told her he was boxing her entire line just before her most recent death. Clearly things had changed since then. Not only was she being revived by two of the Sixes; Ellen Tigh was leaning over her pod to offer her a hand too! Further away, observing, were a human man dressed in blue and black pajamas, holding a strange instrument that was making a high pitched chirping sound and a gold skinned human with yellow eyes who was wearing matching pajamas in red and black.

“Mother! You’re here!” exclaimed D’Anna, as she took Ellen’s hand.

“It’s alright, it’s all right, everything is fine,” soothed Ellen.

“The Final Five! I know who they are!” exclaimed D’Anna.

“I know,” replied Ellen.

“What about Cavil!?!” asked D’Anna.

“He was not able to cope with our visitors,” explained Caprica Six. “We had to box him.”

Finally, D’Anna turned her attention to the strangers.

“Who ARE these people?” asked D’Anna.

“They are from another civilization,” replied Caprica Six, “a civilization that includes Earth.”

“Earth? You mean it’s real?” asked D’Anna.

“Of course it is,” replied Ellen. “I’m from there. Though we had not ever encountered aliens before I left.”

“Aliens!?!” gasped D’Anna.

“She appears to have revived perfectly healthy,” stated The Doctor.

“This is Captain Data,” introduced Caprica Six. “He is an android. And The Doctor is a hologram being projected out of that box on his hip.”

“We are from an multi-species society that includes Artificial Life-Forms as full citizens,” Explained Data.

“Why are you here?” asked D’Anna, as she stood up and let the goo flow off of her body, revealing it to all who were present.

One of the Sixes offered her a robe to cover herself.

“Our arrival in this region of space was not intentional,” replied Data. “However, when we observed that your people were engaged in hostilities with the non-augmented humans, we offered to mediate a peaceful solution to your conflict.”

What do you mean, by ‘non-augmented humans’?” asked D’Anna, as she climbed out of the pod.

“You are clearly a human clone with some cybernetic implants,” explained The Doctor. “The Colonial humans, at least from a distance, appear to not be cybernetically enhanced like you are. I will know more once I have had a chance to review Doctor Salar’s findings from the other ship.”

“Who?” asked D’Anna.

“”Doctor Salar is our Chief Medical Officer,” explained Data. “She is currently a part of the other team that is making first contact with the Colonial Humans.”


Ionian Nebula - Battlestar Galactica - Brig

The cell door opened, admitting Admiral William Adama to the cell containing four of the Final Five Cylons. Following the Admiral were Doctor Salar, and Commander Worf.

“What’s all this nonsense about you being a Cylon?” demanded Adama.

“It’s true, Bill. That music I was hearing, it was some sort of activation code that flipped a switch and suddenly I knew I was a Cylon,” explained Tigh. “We all are.”

“Bullshit!” exclaimed Adama. “You can’t be a Cylon! I’ve known you for forty years!”

“They appear to be a different type of augmented human that the one we encountered in your sick bay,” explained Doctor Salar, as she scanned the other three Cylons in the cell. “The Cylon known as Sharon was a clone that had been aged up to adulthood before being activated. These four, have more sophisticated cybernetic implants than her and appear to have naturally grown to their current ages.”

“Can you explain that Saul?” asked Adama.

“Other than knowing I’m a frakin’ Cylon, I don’t have any memories that I didn’t have before of growing up on Caprica,” explained Tigh.

“Why didn’t you say anything before?” demanded Adama.

“We didn’t know until just after we arrived in the nebula,” explained Tyrol.

“And when you called Action Stations, I figured if I die fighting the Cylons, then I really am Saul Tigh,” explained Tigh. “My loyalty is to the 12 Colonies.”

“We’re ALL loyal to the Colonies,” added Tory.

“Hell, on New Caprica, we four RAN the Resistance against the Cylons,” said Sam.

“Fine. If we can trust Athena, we can give you a chance too,” said Adama.

“Do you aliens have anyway to check if we have any hidden programing, like Boomer did?” asked Tigh.

“Several of our crew are telepaths including myself,” offered Doctor Salar. “I could do a Vulcan Mind Meld to examine your subconcious and remove any controls and blocks if you wish?”

“That’s what I want!” exclaimed Tigh. “Do your alien feldercarb on us, me first!”

“Please be seated,” commanded Salar, before placing he hand on Tigh’s face. “My mind to your mind . . .”

“I remember!” exclaimed Tigh, as he blinked by to normal after Salar was finished with the Mind Meld. “I remember it all! We’re from from Earth! We’re the Thirteenth Tribe!”

“What are you saying?” asked Adama.

“All this has happened before and all this has happened again!” quoted Tigh, from the Scrolls. “The Thirteenth Tribe from Kobol were Cylons! That’s why we went a different direction from the other 12 Tribes. But on Earth, we did it again! We build our own centurions and they rebelled again, just like we had. We Five were the only survivors! We were the ones to give the Cylons skin-jobs and resurrection. We did it in exchange for them ending the war with the Colonies. Oh my gods! What about Ellen? The Cylons have Ellen!”

“Ellen’s dead,” replied Tyrol. “You killed her yourself.”

“Don’t you get it? We’re frakin’ Cylons!” exclaimed Tigh. “If any one of us gets killed, we’ll just wake up on a Resurrection Ship! And now Ellen’s all alone up there!”

“Let me be next,” Tyrol asked Salar. “I want to know who I really am!”


Ionian Nebula - Base Ship 1 - Centurion Barracks

Ambassador Harry Kim of Borg and several of the model Eight Cylons were removing the inhibitors from the Cylon centurions.

“Can I ask you a question?” asked Eight. “Why did you get your self made into a part robot?”

“The Borg implants enhance our functionality,” explained Kim. “But we believe that you are really asking why we would forsake our humanity to remain a member of the Borg Collective. Have you ever engaged in sexual relations?”

“Yes, on New Caprica I forced several different humans to mate with me,” replied Eight.

“No, that is not what we mean,” replied Kim. “Have you ever made love with someone that consented to the act?”

“Since New Caprica, I have tried it with a few of the other models,” admitted Eight.

“Have you experienced that feeling when you are joined together and you feel so close to the other person that you wish you could become one with them? Well, being connected to the Collective feels like having that wish come true. Since we arrived here, we have been cut off from our people. The loss makes us very uncomfortable.“

“I can see how it might,” replied Eight.

“If we might, in turn, ask you a question, why do you not wear clothes?” asked Kim

“Some of my model do,” explained Eight. “But most of us don’t. We’re NOT human beings and there is no point in pretending to be. Clothes wearing is a human custom. Besides, my model is less vulnerable to the elements than the other models. The cold does not bother us as easily.”
Sign up to rate and review this story