Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 4: “You can see him!?!”

by selenepotter 0 reviews

First Officer’s log - supplemental, Stardate 56483.7, Several valued members of the Colonial Human’s people including their First Officer have turned out to be hidden cyborgs

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Gaius Baltar,Number Six,Saul Tigh - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-07 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1502 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 4: “You can see him!?!”

First Officer’s log - supplemental, Stardate 56483.7, Several valued members of the Colonial Human’s people including their First Officer have turned out to be hidden cyborgs from the cybernetic human faction known as Cylons. Since we have demonstrated that our instruments can detect cybernetically enhanced humans, we have been asked to examine another suspected Cylon agent.


Ionian Nebula - Battlestar Galactica - Brig

“What the frak are you!?!” yelled Starbuck as they entered her cell.

“I am a Klingon,” proclaimed Worf.

“Hello Starbuck,” greeted Adama. “Commander Worf and Doctor Salar are from that alien ship. They have to ability to detect Cylons, so I need to you co-operate, Kara.”

“What do I have to do sir?” asked Starbuck.

“Just stay still and let me scan you with my tricorder,” replied Salar. “ . . . I’m getting human readings . . . no cybernetic implants . . . She appears to be completely- . . . stand by . . . . Commander, I am reading Q-bosons. She’s been in the presence of a Q or some similar entity recently.”

Even though he knew their Communications Officer was listening in on his thoughts, habit made him press his com-badge and call the ship.

“Worf to Argos! Red Alert! We may have Q in the area! Scan for Q-bosons in both fleets,” commanded Worf.

“Aye sir, going to Red Alert,” came the voice of Lieutenant Pram from Worf’s com-badge.

“What’s going on?” asked Adama.

“Your pilot has recently been in the presence of an alien entity of great power,” explained Worf.

“How powerful?” asked Starbuck.

“Compared to us? Almost god-like!” explained Worf.

“She was reported dead. Lee saw her fall into a gas giant and her viper explode. Could this alien have brought her back from the dead?” asked Adama.

“It is entirely within the power of Q to perform such a feat,” replied Salar. “Of course, since we are in another universe, the entity she encountered may not be the Q we know, but instead, it could be different entity of similar power.”

The com-badge chirped.

“Commander, other than our councilor, I am reading three sources of Q bosons in the vicinity. Two are on the Galactica and one on the Cylon ship the Captain went to,” reported Lieutenant Pram.

“Feed the co-ordinates into the tricorders of Doctor Salar and The Doctor, and alert the Captain,” commanded Worf.

“I have received them,” reported Salar.

“Admiral, may we have your permission to investigate this?” asked Worf.

“Of course,” replied Adama. “Saul, go with him, take a squad of marines with you.

“Lieutenant Hex,” commanded Worf, after tapping his com-badge again. “We are investigating a possible Q. Meet up with us and bring Ensign Ssslurr.”

“Aye sir,” replied the voice from the com-badge.


Ionian Nebula - Base Ship 1 - Resurrection Chamber

“Captain, Q-bosons have been reported on the Galactica,” came the voice of Lieutenant Pram from Data’s com-badge. “We’ve gone to Red Alert and scanned for other sources. One of them is in the ship you are currently on.”

“I’m receiving the co-ordinates now,” said The Doctor. “I recommend Lieutenant Schist be present before we localize it.”

“I don’t like the sound of this,” said Head Baltar, the being with Baltar’s personality and appearance that only Caprica Six could see and hear.

“Lieutenant Schist, Ambassador Kim, please report to the Resurrection Chamber,” commanded Data via his com-badge.

“Aye captain,” came the voice of the two absent members of the contact party.

“What’s going on?” asked Ellen.

“I will explain once the other members of my party arrive,” replied Data.


Ionian Nebula - Battlestar Galactica - hallway near storage compartment #23

“I’m reading it in this direction,” said Lieutenant Hex, as he scanned with his tricorder.

The Trill Science Officer was at the forefront of a group which included the Gorn Security officer: Ensign Ssslurr, Commander Worf, the Vulcan Doctor Salar, and a group of Colonial Marines led by Saul Tigh and Admiral Adama.

“It appears to be behind this door,” reported Lieutenant Hex.

“Admiral, request that you let us handle this,” asked Worf. “We have experience with the Q.”

“No frakin’ way!” growled Tigh. “Whatever’s behind that door, our marines can handle!”

“Do your weapons have a stun setting?” asked Worf.

“Of course not! They’re made to take out Cylon centurions!” replied Tigh.

“Ours do,” explained Worf.

“Saul, let them handle this,” commanded Adama. “They seem to know what they are doing.”

At Worf’s nod, his Gorn Security man turned the wheel on the door and opened it. There was a female scream then the

BRAKA BRAKA BRAKA!

sound of a fully automatic slug throwing firearm being discharged. Ensign Ssslurr was hit in the chest several times before he fell to the deck. Worf slammed the door shut. Salar hit her com-badge.

“Medical Emergency! Please beam Ensign Ssslurr and myself directly to sickbay,” commanded Salar, just before she and the fallen Gorn disappeared in a shimmer of light.

“Lieutenant Pram,” commanded Worf, via his com-badge. “Outfit Ensign Tarsa and Ensign Nog with phaser rifles set to stun, then beam them and myself to a position on the opposite side of the humans in the next room. The security officers are to stun everyone in the room in a sweep as soon as they appear.”

“Aye Commander,” came Lieutenant Pram’s voice from Worf’s com-badge.

A few minutes later, Worf disappeared in a shimmer of light.

There was a tonal hissing sound from inside the room before Worf opened the door from the inside.

“You can come in now,” said Worf, as he held the door for them.

Inside, a group of women lay unconscious on the deck, and lone man in the same condition. Unseen by anyone, an entity that appeared to be a model Six Cylon was screaming at the man:

“Gaius, wake up!”

In addition to Commander Worf, there were now two new Star Fleet officers in the room. One, with his yellowish skin and pointed ears resembled Doctor Salar. The other was shorter than most humans and had very large curved ears.

“Gaius frakin’ Baltar! I should have known he’d be mixed up in this!” observed Tigh.


Ionian Nebula - Base Ship 1 - a room just outside the Resurrection Chamber

“Now that we are all here, you may begin your scans,” commanded Data, to The Doctor.

“What’s he doing?” asked the version of Baltar that only Caprica Six could see or hear.

“I don’t know!” hissed Caprica Six, trying not to be noticed talking to herself as the holographic Doctor held out his instrument, which was making a musical whirring sound.

The Doctor scanned the area until he was pointing at Head Baltar.

“The entity shows up as being located here, and is linked to her,” reported The Doctor.

“You mean he’s real!” gasped Caprica Six.

“Something you want to tell us?” asked One.

“I thought I was having hallucinations!” explained Caprica Six.

“I assure you I am not a hallucination,” said Head Balatar.

“re-configuring . . .” said Ambassador Kim, as his eyepiece and ear cover on they side started shifting. “We can now see the entity.”

“You can!?!” exclaimed Caprica Six and Head Baltar and the same time.

“Invisible being, can you make yourself visible to the rest of us so that all of us may be involved in this discussion?” asked Data.

“The being reports that he is unable to do so,” said Ambassador Kim.

“You really can see him!” exclaimed Caprica Six. “All this time, I thought my programing was faulty and you were really there.”

“I’ve told you that from the beginning,“ replied Head Baltar.

“What is your purpose in interacting with these people?” asked Data.

“The being reports that he has been appearing before her to offer he advice and guidance,” said Ambassador Kim.

“Guidance towards what end?” asked Data.

“The being reports that he wants to unite the Humans and Cylons in peace. For them to become one people,” said Ambassador Kim.

“Oh come on!” exclaimed One. “You don’t really expect me to believe all this!”

“No, he’s accurately reporting what he says,” replied Caprica Six. “It’s all true! he really is real!”

“We have a similar goal,” replied Data. “Would you be willing to participate in a dialog between all the parties?”

“I don’t think you will be able to persuade everyone to make peace just by talking,” said Head Baltar, before Kim repeated his words. “The hate between them is just too deeply entrenched.”


Note:

I was not happy with the explanations about what what Head Six and Head Baltar were, nor about what happened to Starbuck. We clearly saw her viper crushed and explode as it fell into a gas giant. Then, later she finds her viper and her corpse light years away, on a planet. None of this was adequately explained to my satisfaction. So I am coming up with my own explanation. This is just the beginning of it.
Sign up to rate and review this story