Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 5: Federation Meeting

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log - Stardate 56483.8 - After traveling to an alternate quantum universe, we have encountered a civilization that has split into two factions,

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Laura Roslin,Number Six,William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-09 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1423 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 5: Federation Meeting

Captain’s log - Stardate 56483.8 - After traveling to an alternate quantum universe, we have encountered a civilization that has split into two factions, one, almost completely Human, the other a mix of robotic and cybernetically enhanced Human clones. We have also encountered a race that has many similarities to the Q. I have therefore called a meeting of my staff to discuss the situation.

Ionian Nebula - USS Argos - meeting room

“Beings, we have several important items to discuss,” began Captain Data as he looked around the table. “The first item on the agenda is the invisible aliens we have encountered, and their relationship with the Q continuum.”

“Although they produce Q bosons, they do not appear to be as powerful as the Q of our universe,” reported Ambassador Harry Kim of Borg, who was also their acting Chief Science Officer. “There appear to be only two of them, each of whom is attached to one particular host, who is usually the only one that can see or hear them.”

“Are they controlling their hosts?” asked the First Officer, Commander Worf.

“That does not appear to be the case,” replied Doctor Salar. “I have mind melded with one of the hosts, a man named Gaius Baltar. The Daemon, which is what they call themselves, has not interfered with her host’s free will in any way. She’s only offered him advice, which he is free to reject.”

“What is their agenda?” asked Lieutenant Pram. “What are they trying to accomplish?”

“Their stated goal is to unite the Colonial Humans and Cylon Humans as one people by interbreeding with them,” explained Data.

“They have already succeeded in this once,” explained Salar. “On the Galactica, I encountered a child that was the progeny of a male Colonial Human and a model Eight Cylon Human.

“What about the other Q related human?” asked Data.

“I compared the scans of Captain Kara ‘Starbuck’ Thrace with those of Gaius Baltar,” reported Salar. “The Q entity that encountered Captain Thrace is of a different type and greater magnitude that Natasi, the Daemon that is attached to Gaius Baltar. She may indeed have encountered a Q”

“We have have to be vigilant so as not to be surprised if this Q decides to take notice of us,” said Data. “The next item on our agenda is our location and how we might return to our home universe.”

“I looked at the Colonial star charts when I was on the Galactica,” reported Lieutenant Hex, who was a male joined Trill. “They appeared to be completely different than our own galaxy. However, once I ran the data through our ships computer I found that they did match the star positions of our galaxy as it was 100,000 years ago.”

“So we’re not only traveled in space, but also in time,” observed Lieutenant Pram, the Andorian Helmsman.

“What about Starbuck’s claim that she knows the way to Earth?” asked Worf.

“I asked her to point the direction, and once I had returned to the ship compared it to the updated star charts,” reported Lieutenant Hex. “She was pointing at the location of Sol.”

“So, apparently, a Q has resurrected her from the dead and given her the location of Earth,” observed Data. “What about the possibility of returning to our own universe?”

“The wormhole that we came through has moved and is no longer at this location,” reported Lieutenant Hex. “And without it, we have no hope of returning to our home universe.

“Using Borg technology, we could adapt the ship to make it possible to travel to other universes,” said Ambassador Kim. “However the chances of finding and returning to our own quantum reality are remote.”

“So unless we can get the local Q to intercede on our behalf, we must assume that we are stranded in this universe,” observed Data. “This makes it imperative that we negotiate a lasting peace between the two sides. What do the Colonial Humans want?”

“The Colonial Humans have recently suffered a genocide at the hands of the Cylons, who drove them from their worlds,” reported Worf. “They want the Cylons to stop hunting them and to resettle on a new planet, hopefully Earth.

“But the Final Five Cylons claim to be from Earth,” added Salar. “They told us that they left Earth during a nuclear holocaust and that they were the only survivors.”

“But they also said that that happened thousands of years ago,” countered Worf. “It’s possible that the Earth might be habitable again by now.”

“The Cylons appear to be less united in their goals,” observed Data. “There is a certain faction of them, led by Cavil One that still want to exterminate all non-cylon Humans. There is another faction, led by D’Anna Three that wants to return to the worlds they took from the Colonial Humans and establish a Cylon civilization separate from the Colonial Humans. This faction also wants the Final Five Cylons to be a part of this Cylon only civilization. Another faction, led by Boomer Eight wants to be re-united with the Colonial Humans to form a single Cylon-Human Hybrid civilization.”

“We have been approached by some Cylons that wish to join the Borg Collective,” reported Ambassador Kim.

“We can not allow that!” growled Worf.

“The Cylons would become a menace to this galaxy if they became Borg!” added Security Chief Lieutenant Schist, via the communication device attached to the Horta’s back.

“I understand your concerns,” replied Data. “Similar concerns were raised when I sought to reproduce by making my daughter, Lahl. But Ambassador Kim is a free being with a Right to have control over their own reproduction. He is not a member of the Federation and if he wishes to assimilate willing Cylons into the Borg, we have no Right to interfere.”

“Creating a Borg Collective utilizing the technology available to the Cylons would take a long time,” said Ambassador Kim. “It would be much easier to perform this task if we could have assess to the facilities of this ship.”

“That would be a different matter,” observed Data. “If I allow you to use the facilities of this ship to aid in assimilation into the Borg Collective, I would need assurances that no one is assimilated unwillingly and I would require that current peace treaty between the Borg and the Federation remains in affect.”

“We will comply,” replied Ambassador Kim.

“If we are stranded in this Universe, perhaps we should see this as an opportunity to re-create the Federation,” offered Councilor Đaimz, the Medusan Ship’s councilor that hid himself inside a robotic box with a hologram projector on top that allowed him to give the appearance of being the same race and gender as his patient. Currently, he was imitating a male Vulcan appearance.

And interesting prospect,” observed Data. “Can you elaborate?”

“I suggest we bring all the parties together for talks,” said Councilor Đaimz. “We could form a Federation with member worlds being The Cylons, Colonials and Borg. This would allow the separatists of both sides to have their own worlds, while also allowing those who wish for unity to have a mechanism for joining together.”

“This would be difficult to accomplish,” observed Data. “How would you organize this?”

“We would allow each side, the Colonials, the Cylons and the Daemons to have not more than three representatives and advise them to bring people that represent the different factions in their society.” Councilor Đaimz

“How would the Daemons participate in this process?” asked Data.

“Captain, I believe if the hosts were present, I could see into their minds and present illusions of what the hosts are seeing for the benefit of the rest of the attendees,” offered Lieutenant Solon, the Talosian Communications Officer.

“That would facilitate their participation in the dialog,” agreed Data. “However, keep in mind that since I am immune to telepathic powers, as is the ship’s computer, I would need to you to repeat for the record all that the Daemons say.”

“It might also be beneficial if all parties could bring more people that could remain confined to the hanger deck for a social gathering while the talks are on going,” offered Councilor Đaimz. “It might promote understanding between the different sides.”


Note:
‘Daemon’ is an ancient greek word that mostly means the same thing as ‘angel’. After the advent of Christianity, the spiritual beings of the old religion took on a negative connotation and daemons became demons.
Sign up to rate and review this story