Categories > Movies > Marvel Cinematic Universe > Spider-Man's Little Sister

Prologue

by MapleWritesFanfics 0 reviews

Isla and Peter get powers

Category: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2022-03-06 - 930 words

0Unrated
It all started one day when I was seven. I was playing on the playground after school waiting for my brother, Peter to pick me up on his way home from Midtown High. 

"Isla! Time to go!" Peter called to me.

"Coming!" I swung down from atop the monkey bars, my light brown hair swinging around my shoulders, and ran over to my big brother. I was sad to leave the monkey bars

"How was your day?" He asked as we started walking.

"It was good." I replied. "We watched a movie."

"What movie?" 

"Shrek! It was so good." I exclaimed. I then noticed something out of the corner of my eye. "What's that?" I point to it.

The two of us walk over to it. "It's two spiders." Peter whispers to me.

"I'm gonna touch one." I whispered back as I reach my hand over.

"No!" He tries to grab my hand. Too late. I can feel the spider's teeth pierce the soft skin on my hand. It's not hard pain, more like irritation. Think if you get a tiny scratch. I saw the other spider bite Peter in shock before they both run away from us.

Peter knelt down in front of me. "You ok, Isla?" He puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine. You?" 

"Yeah, fine." Pete takes my hand and stands up as we walk to the train to get back to the apartment building.

As we sit on the train I start being able to hear the wheels on the train move against the rails of the tracks clearly. I must be agitated. I think to myself. "Pete, I think you need to breathe."

"How did you know that?" 

"It looks like you're panicking."

"Oh." He nods, letting out his breath and setting his hands down beside him.

I hear the pounding of his heart slow to a normal speed. Wait, what? I can hear Peter's heart beating? 



After dinner I am hanging upside down on the top bunk while Peter is doing homework at the desk.

"What's 27 times 12?" I ask.

"I'm trying to get this homework done for tomorrow, Isla so can you please stop asking questions for no reason." 

"I'm just bored. When can we do another science experiment?"

Peter spins around in the chair with his papers stuck to his fingers. "Isla I swear-"

"Peter..." I point to the papers. "How are you doing that?"

His expression shifts to shock as he sees the papers sticking to the bottom of his fingers. "I... don't know."

I pull myself up to sit on the top bunk. I try to pull my hands off the edge to turn around but somehow can't. "Peter... Peter help, please." My heart starts racing. Everything feels like it's in slow motion. I can hear each tick of the clock in the corner. Someone coming up the ladder I flip backwards off the top bunk bed. My hands detach from the bed and land on the floor of our room. 

Peter's voice pulls me back into focus. "Isla... you alright?"

I kick down from the handstand I landed in. "Yeah, yeah. I'm ok." I notice that Peter's homework is no longer stuck to his fingers. "Hey, your homework isn't stuck anymore."

"Oh yeah. I guess it unstuck while I was focused on helping you. How did you do that thing though?" 

"I have no clue. It felt like everything was moving slowly." I answer nervously.

"Kids, time for bed!" Aunt May calls from outside our room.

"Ok Aunt May!" Peter calls back. He turns to me. "Into bed before she comes in here. Quick."

I nod and climb back up the ladder and crawl under my lavender covers.



Six Months Later



I climb through the window to mine and Peter's room to see Peter and some famous person I can never remember the name of talking. 

"I can't go to Germany!" Peter says.

"Why?" The man in the sunglasses asks him.

"I got... homework."

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that."

"I'm serious, I can't just drop out of school!"

"You better tell aunt hot that I'm taking you on a field trip." The person puts his hand on the doorknob.

Peter shoots a web, sticking his hand to the knob. "Don't tell Aunt May."

"Ok, Spider-Man."

"What's going on?" I ask after having stood there for about a minute.

"Who's the little one?" the man asks Peter.

Peter digs around in the bottom of the closet for the web unstick. "That's my little sister, Mr. Stark."

"And you're ok with a little kid knowing about this stuff, but not your Aunt?" Mr. Stark asks him.

I pull myself up to sit on the ceiling. "I have powers too. But someone won't let me go fight crime with them."

"Be more quiet about that, Isla. And you're seven. You could get seriously hurt." Peter snaps back.

"So could you."

"I'm older." Peter pulls out the unstick solution and uses it to get the web off of Mr. Stark's hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Isla." He shakes my hand.

"It's nice to meet you too..." I trail off. "So Peter, I guess this means we're going to Germany." I smirk.

"There is no 'we'. I'm going to Germany, but you are staying here." He kneels down in front of me and puts his hands on my shoulders. "You're too young for this, Isla. Believe me. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Fine, but you owe me one."

"Ok, I'll teach you to use the web-shooters soon."

"Deal."
Sign up to rate and review this story