Categories > Movies > Marvel Cinematic Universe > Spider-Man's Little Sister

1. Where did Everybody Go?

by MapleWritesFanfics 0 reviews

This takes place during Infinity War

Category: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] [!!] [?] - Published: 2022-03-06 - 1969 words

0Unrated
Note: The last chapter took place in early and mid 2016. This chapter takes place in spring of 2018



Two years have passed since Peter and I got our powers. I'm nine now. Peter has been teaching me how to control my powers, and use web-shooters. It's so much fun! Aunt May found out that Peter was Spider-Man, and that I also have spider powers.



Aunt May walks through the door right after Peter takes off his mask. "What the fu-" 

"AH!" Peter jumps up, sticking to the ceiling next to me.

Aunt May looks at us in shock. "You are Spider-Man Peter!" 

"Um... yeah." Peter's face having a look of guilt on it.

"Couch, now. Both of you." May points.

"Yes." Peter and I walk out of the room and sit down on the couch, across from our aunt.

"What were the two of you thinking?"

"For the record, I never let Isla come with me or fight crime and stuff 'cause she's a kid."

"And what about you, Peter? Do you care about your own safety whatsoever?"

"Yes I do." Peter answers.

"Well then why are you doing this? Just the other day you were fighting a huge bad guy and could have died!" She yells.

My heart pounds in my chest. I start fiddling my fingers in my lap. Something flies in front of Aunt May and I grab it.

"Isla! That's a fly, why did you catch a fly?" Aunt May asks me.

"I'm anxious and everything feel like slow motion." My heart pounds in my chest so hard. 

"I just don't want you two putting yourselves in danger." 

"Aunt May! I have too. Please." Peter begs.

Aunt May sighs. "Fine Peter. But you have to be careful. And Isla" She turns to me. "You are not going to fight crime until you are at least Peter's age, understood?"

"Understood." Peter and I both mutter.

"And Peter, no more secrets."

"Ok, then. The Stark internship was just a cover story for being Spider-Man with the other Avengers." Peter admits.

"Is that all?"

"Yes, that's all May."



I stumble as I balance on the stone wall on the side of the street. Hands over head onto the wall as my feet circle over my head before landing on my feet. Just like Peter and I practiced. I have no clue where my brother is right now. We heard that Mr. Stark ended up in space I think Peter's probably up there with him.

I open the door to the old warehouse that Peter and I turned into a training space. Complete with ropes, mats, and beams. Dropping my backpack on the floor near the back of the warehouse, pulling my wavy, brown hair into a ponytail and start training. 

Swinging from the ropes and practicing my gymnastics tricks on the beams and mats. Scaling the walls with my sticky powers and hanging off the ceiling. After a few hours I head home. Aunt May knows I can handle myself later in the day if I do get into a bit of trouble. 

I walk through the door of the apartment. "Aunt May, I'm home!"

"I'm in the kitchen, Isla."

"Ok." I run to mine and Peter's room, dropping my backpack before going to the kitchen. 

"So, how was your day, Isla?" She asks me as she chops some vegetables.

"It was good. I aced my science quiz." I reply, grabbing one of the already chopped carrots.

"Hey, save it for dinner."

"Ok, ok. When do you think Peter's gonna be back?" I ask.

"I don't know. We don't even know where he is."

"I think he ended up in space with Mr. Stark. I mean I called Ned about it and he said that Peter went to go see what a spaceship was about so I think he's in space."

"Ok, so it could be a while then."

"I guess so." I start tapping my fingers on the counter thinking of what could be happening to Peter right then. Suddenly the sound of chopping stops.

I look up. "Aunt May..." I say nervously. I think I'm seeing things as she starts flaking away, turning to dust. It started slow, but got faster the more of her disappeared. My face falls. "Aunt May! May! Don't leave me!" I slip backwards off the stool onto the floor. My legs shake and my knees buckle as I try to get back up, falling down immediately. I don't have the strength to try again. What happened? Aunt May couldn't be gone. She couldn't. Could she? My heart raced. Pounding in my chest. Ringing fills my ears. I can hardly see through the tears streaming down my face. 

This can't be happening. Is all I can think.

How? How was she gone? A million thoughts fill my head. My muscles tense up. Salty tears continue to pour down my face. I can feel my heart shatter into a thousand pieces as I realize, I'm all alone. All I can do is cry. She's gone, and there's nothing I can do about it. It all happened so fast, my brain is still trying to process what happened. I can feel my body trembling as I put my hands on the floor in front of me. My wavy, caramel brown hair falls around my face as I try to breathe. My lungs gasp for air. I curl up in a ball against the bottom of the counter. Knees pulled tight to my chest. Streams of tears still pouring down my cheeks.

My sense of time disappears as I sit there. Sorrows fill every bone in my body. Had it been minutes? Hours? I couldn't tell. I hear the doorknob turn. Muscles tense, eyes sharp. Everything is moving in slow motion. I can hear everything around me. I sit there, frozen with fear as someone comes through the door.

"May! Isla!" He knows our names. I hear footsteps turning the corner to where I am. "Isla?" I see Happy Hogan slowly coming up to me. "Are you ok?"

I shake my head no before wiping my tears on my sleeve. 

"Hey, everything's going to be ok." Happy kneels down beside me.

"Aunt May's gone." I whimper. "She got all... dusty." 

"I saw it happening everywhere and came to see if the two of you were ok." Happy says in a calming voice. I know he works with Peter, and Mr. Stark. He comes here sometimes, to make sure everything's ok and stuff.

My breathing slows down to a normal pace and starts to become steadier. 

"I know somewhere you can probably stay, at least for now." Happy tells me. "There's got to be an empty room at the Avengers compound you can stay in for now, if you want to."

"Sure." I answer shakily, nodding my head. I stand up to go pack my stuff in a suitcase. Who knows when I'll be coming back here, or if I will.

The drive upstate was long and boring. My head was full of worry. Is Peter ok? What happened earlier? Why is there so many cars on the side of the street? Why is this happening?

After what felt like hours we stopped in front of the stark white building with a giant A on the side. Slowly, but surely I walk up the stairs of the looming building and through the front doors pulling my suitcase behind me. 

A woman with strawberry-blonde hair wearing business attire paces the foyer. "Happy, have you heard form Tony?"

"No, I haven't Pepper." Happy answered.

"What's your name?" Pepper asks me calmly. Her ponytail swinging to the side. 

I look down at my feet. "Isla... Parker." I mumble.

"She's Peter's little sister." Happy states. "May's gone. I didn't know where else she could go."

"Well, we better go find you a room... Isla, was it?" Pepper suggests.

I nod my head and Pepper takes my hand. We walk to the second floor of the compound where Pepper leads me to a room close enough to the stairs that it would be easy. 

"And I'm just down the hall if you need anything. I know this must be really hard for you." Pepper gives me a comforting smile before leaving me to get settled. I lay down on the soft bed after putting on some lavender pyjamas. Grey walls looking down on me. I crawl under the muted blue covers and try to go to sleep. All my worries circle on Peter. Is he ok? Did he get dusty? Does he have a way home? After what felt like hours of staring at the wall and ceiling I finally drift off to sleep.



Over the next few days all the Avengers left from what they call "the snap" return to the compound. They all look super defeated. I can't blame them, and try to stay out of the way. A few weeks after arriving at the compound I learn to accept Aunt May's death. That night I hear lots of noise outside and climb out of bed to see what's going on. All the adults are rushing outside and I follow them.

I can see a spaceship with something glowing beneath it landing as I come outside. Is Peter on that ship? I wonder. The doors lower. I can see two people there,  but can't make out who. Mr. Stark stumbles out of the ship, Captain America steadying him so he doesn't fall over.

I'm close enough to hear what Mr. Stark says to Cap. "I lost the kid." 

No. No, no, no, no, no! He can't be gone. Peter can't be gone. My knees buckle out falling onto the grass. Tears prick the corners of my eyes. I push myself up and run back inside. It's like I can barely breathe. Every noise overwhelming me as I close the door and pull the pillow over my head and start crying. I can't help it. First Aunt May, and now Peter too. I'm all alone now. My thoughts are just a jumbled mess as I try and fail to go back to sleep. I can hear everything that goes on downstairs afterward. All the adults are arguing about what to do next, or if we can even do anything next. Mr. Stark ends up pulling off something helping keep him alive and passing out. I hear the rest of the Avengers leave to get on the spaceship to find Thanos, the alien that made half of life in the universe disappear.

A little while later I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." My voice still has a quiver from crying. I can tell that my eyes are red and puffy as well.

Pepper opens the door. "Isla, Tony and I would like to talk to you. Is that ok?"

I nod yes. I guess Mr. Stark can't make it up the stairs with whatever support thing he has because we end up going downstairs to talk.

"Kid, I'm sorry I couldn't save Peter." Tony apologizes when we get down there.

I wipe a few tears from my eyes with my sleeve. "It wasn't your fault. I just feel so alone without him and Aunt May."

"Pepper and I were wondering if... you wanted to live with us." Mr. Stark asks me.

My eyes widen. "Really?" I don't know what else to say. They want me to live with them.

"If it's too soon, just say so Isla. We know this is a tough time for you, and we know you probably need some support." Pepper says.

"I think I'd like that." I answer them.

"We'd like that too, kid." Mr. Stark tells me.

 For the first time since the snap I feel a small bit of happiness inside. Hope.
Sign up to rate and review this story