Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 7: The Colonials arrive

by selenepotter 0 reviews

The Colonials arrive

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Laura Roslin,William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-11 - 1234 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 7: The Colonials arrive


Ionian Nebula - USS Argos - Hanger Deck

The Raptor flew towards the Argos escorted by a pair of Vipers that veered off as they saw the Raptor enter the Hanger deck of the alien ship. As they approached, the Colonials were surprised to see alien people standing in a hanger deck that was open to the vacuum of space. But they were able to land without difficulty. Once the ship was powered down, Athena took off her helmet and opened the door a crack. When there was no rush of escaping air, she opened it fully.

“It looks like there is breathable air,” said Athena, as she exited the Raptor.

Ensign Anders was next, followed by Cally Tyrol, Tory Foster, Admiral William Adama, President Laura Roslin and finally, Gaius Baltar. When they exited the Raptor, they saw that there was a table set out with food and drinks on the far end of the Hanger bay, along with a group of aliens of various sorts ranging from human looking to completely not human looking, like the large rock with a machine on it’s back. A one of the aliens stepped forward. It was Lieutenant Hex, one of the ones that had come onboard the Galactica before. Other than the spots on the sides of his neck, he looked completely human.

“Permission to come aboard?” asked Adama.

“Permission granted,” answered Lieutenant Hex. “Which of you are the delegates for the 12 Colonies?”

“I am,” said Roslin, “along with Admiral Adama and Tory Foster. Also, as you requested, we brought Doctor Gaius Baltar, the host of the invisible alien.”

“Nice to see you again,” said Lieutenant Hex as he shook each of their hands. If you will come with me, I will escort you to room set aside for this conference. In the meantime, the rest of your people may feel free to partake of the refreshments on the table. There are a variety of dishes from throughout the Federation that appeal to Human tastes.”

Lieutenant Hex led the four Colonials through a door that opened automatically for them and down the hall up a door that opened in to a small room.

“Please step into the turbolift,” coaxed Lieutenant Hex. Once they were all in and the doors had closed automatically, he said: “Holodeck 3” and there was a slight feeling of motion.

“So this is like an elevator,” observed Adama.

“I think it does more than just go up and down,” observed Baltar.

“You are correct,” agreed Lieutenant Hex. “It also moves horizontally to allow it to bring us closer to our destination.”

When the doors opened, Lieutenant Hex led them down the hall and into a large room, whose doors opened automatically. Inside were a trio of aliens. There was a gold coloured one, a box on wheels out of the top of which grew the top half of a man, and an androgynous looking alien with an enlarged bald head.

“I am Captain Data, this our ship’s Councilor, Đaimz.” (He indicated the box with a man growing out of it.) “and my Communications Officer, Lieutenant Solon.” (He indicated the bald alien with the big head.)

“I’m happy to meet you,” said Adama. “But why isn’t Commander Worf personally leading this conference?”

“I have assigned Commander Worf to command the Bridge while we conduct this conference,” explained Data.

“You assigned him? Isn’t he your commander?” asked Adama.

“I believe you have made an assumption based on the command structure of your ship, which differs from ours,” said Data. “I am the highest ranking officer on this ship. Worf is my First officer, the second ranked officer on the ship.”


With their leaders gone, Cally, Anders and Athena decided to try out the Federation Food and mingle with the aliens who were present.

“Oh! That smells good!” exclaimed Cally. “I can’t remember the last time I ate something that was not an algae bar! What is this?”

“This is an Earth dish known as Pizza,” explained Ensign Tarsa. “You eat it with your hands by picking up individual slices.”

“You’re a Vulcan, aren’t you?” asked Athena.

“That is a common mistake,” said Ensign Tarsa. “I am, in fact, Rigilian. We’re a completely different species that superficially resembles both Vulcans and Romulans and the fact that Vulcans are more numerous leads people to assume we are Vulcans too. It doesn’t help that we share our home system with another species, who also call themselves Rigilians.”

“Kind of like how I resemble a Human,” observed Athena. “I’m Sharon Aggathon. Though most people call me by my call sign: Athena.”

“Pleased to meet you, Athena. I am Ensign Tarsa.”

“So why is this device attached to this rock?” asked Samuel Anders.

“It is a universal translator,” replied Lieutenant Schist. “It allows me to communicate with bags of water lifeforms, like yourself.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to insult you,” apologized Anders. “I’m Samuel Anders. I’m a 13th Tribe Cylon.

“And I am Lieutenant Schist. I’m a Horta. Which is a silicon-based form of life, as opposed to your carbon base.”

“Hey, I couldn’t help notice you are a reptile, like the one that came on board Galactica and got shot,” said Cally as she munched on her slice of pizza. “Are you related to the one I saw before? Because I can’t really tell.”

“I am the same Gorn that you saw before. I am Ensign Ssslurr. I’m a security specialist. But don’t worry about not being able to tell. All you mammals look alike to me too.”

“No problem,” said Cally as she continued to eat the pizza. “Hey is there anything to drink here?”

“We have several things,” replied Ensign Ssslurr. “Most humans prefer Romulan Ale, but this Klingon blood wine goes better with pizza.”

“Hey this stuff is pretty good!” said Cally after taking a sip, then calling out to the others: “Hey! They got hooch over here!”

“So how did you survive getting shot up by Baltar’s groupies?” asked Cally.

“Doctor Salar beamed me directly to Sick Bay and was able to remove the bullets and repair my tissue almost immediately,” replied Ensign Ssslurr. “There was no harm done. Though if that had happened in a place where the doctor couldn’t immediately save me, it might have proved fatal.”

“So what is this?” asked Athena.

“On earth they are called ‘snow cones’ but on Andar, they are called ‘maklara’,” replied Crewman Luziana, a human looking alien for the planet Betazed. “They are tiny chips of ice covered in the juice of a fruit.”

“Mmm! It’s very good,” replied Athena.

“So what kinds of games do your people play?” asked Ensign Nog, a Fenrengi security officer.

“Well, back on Caprica, I was a professional Pyramid player,” replied Anders. “It was game about putting a ball into a hole.

“And did people gamble in the outcomes of these games?” asked Ensign Nog.

“Why aren’t we flying out the door? I mean, what keeps the air in?” Cally asked a cat-like alien.

“We have a force field that keeps the air in, yet allows shuttlecraft to pass through safely,” replied Ensign Mao.

“Is that how you held back the Cylons when they tried to nuke you?” asked Cally.
Sign up to rate and review this story