Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 8: The Cylons arrive

by selenepotter 0 reviews

The Cylons arrive for the peace conference

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Boomer,Cally,Number Six - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-15 - 1360 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 8: The Cylons arrive


Ionian Nebula - USS Argos - Hanger Deck

The Heavy Raider flew towards the Argos followed by a Raider. While the Heavy Raider entered the Hanger Deck, the Raider went into a close orbit of the federation ship. The Cylons were surprised to see the humans and aliens that were already in the Room just standing there, open to the vacuum of space. The Cylons disembarked from the Heavy Raider. In addition to their delegates, they had also brought one of each model. At the far end of the room was a table set out with food and drink. A door on the starboard (right) side of the room opened, admitting that hybrid human robot: Ambassador Kim.

“We welcome you to the Argos,” said Ambassador Kim. “Which of you are the delegates?”

“We are,” said D’Anna Three, as she stepped forward, along with Boomer Eight, Caprica Six and a Centurion.

“We will lead you to the meeting room,” explained Ambassador Kim, as he exited the room followed by the delegates. Left behind were one of each model: One, Leoban Two, Three, Four, Doral Five, Six, Eight and a Centurion. They had also brought Ellen Tigh with them.

“I think I’m in love!” mused Ensign Nog, as he saw the the model Eight Cylon was not wearing clothes, just like a Ferengi female!

“I’d be careful if I were you,” said Athena. “Our model can be dangerous.”

“So what is this stuff?” asked One.

“We have provided a variety of foods from throughout the Federation,” explained Ensign Tarsa, a Rigilian security officer that resembled a Vulcan. “But we have taken care to only include foods that a enjoyed by humans.”

“What have you got to drink?” asked One.

“Trying this Romulan Ale,” offered Ensign Tarsa. “I think you will enjoy it.”

“It is pretty good!” said One, after taking a sip. “How is it you have such fancy food on a ship like this?”

“Everything you see before you, has been made by our replicator, a device that converts organic waste into edible food.”

“You mean this food is made from shit!” laughed One.

“A bit crude, but you are essentially correct,” replied Ensign Tarsa.

“Ellen,” greeted Anders.

“Sam,” Ellen Tigh returned the Greeting.

“It’s good to see you alive again,” said Anders. “How much do you remember?”

“When I resurrected, all my memories were restored,” replied Ellen. “You?”

“That alien doctor restored the memories of the other four of us,” replied Anders.

“I’m glad to hear that,” said Ellen. “That will make it easier for us to fulfill our promise to make the Centurions human.”

“They still want that?” asked Anders.

“Most of them do,” replied Ellen. “A few want to remain Centurions or join together in a collective with that cyborg from this ship.”

“So who thought we’d ever get together like this?” asked Four.

“Get away from me!” said Cally. “I still haven’t forgotten your experiments on New Caprica!”

“Is something the matter?” asked Ensign Ssslurr, the Gorn security officer.

“I think I was the wrong person to be sent to a diplomatic party,” exclaimed Cally, as Four backed off.

“Eight, this is Ensign Nog,” said Athena. “He asked me to introduce you to him.”

“I’m pleased to meet you, said Eight, who held our her hand to greet the alien.

To her surprise, when he took her hand, he didn’t shake it, but licked it instead.

“What are you doing!” squeaked Eight.

“That is how my people let someone know they are interested in mating,” explained Ensign Nog.
“But I’m Cylon!” protested Eight. “And you’re . . . what ever you are!”

“Ferengi,” offered Ensign Nog, who still hadn’t let go of her hand. She wasn’t trying to pull it out of his grasp either.

“Why would you want to mate with me?” asked Eight. “Aren’t I too different from your people?”

“Actually I grew up on a space station that had Hu-Mahns and a large number of Bajorans, who resemble Mu-Mahns,” explained Nog. “But I’ve never seen a Wo-Mahn as beautiful as you before.”

“But I look just like her!” protested Eight, who still hadn’t pulled her hand out of Nog’s grasp, and had use her other hand to indicate Athena.

“Amongst my people, the females don’t wear clothes too,” offered Nog. “It really shows off how beautiful you are!”

“I think I’ll just leave you two to get a acquainted,” said Athena, as she wandered off.

“So even though you are not organic, you are still accepted as a full member of the crew,” asked the Centurion.

“My people are full members of the Federation,” replied Lieutenant Schist, the Horta who resembled a large rock. “Not only am I accepted, I have risen through the ranks to become the Chief Security Officer of this ship. The Federation is very accepting of those races that are different.”

“If Humans are part of your Federation, why are there none on board your ship?” asked Three.

“Actually, Humans disproportionately volunteer for Star Fleet,” said Ensign Mao, the Kzin security officer. “Most Star Fleet ships are crewed by an overwhelming majority of humans. In addition, many races resemble humans. Some of the other races in the Federation are not entirely comfortable serving on a ship crewed by mostly humans. Star Fleet takes into account our preferences when making assignments. Being on a non-human ship may hurt my career advancement a little, but it’s worth it to not be the only Kzin on the ship, constantly surrounded by Humans.”

“So you don’t like Humans?” asked Three.

“I didn’t say that,” argued Ensign Mao. “I like humans perfectly fine. I just don’t want to be locked in the ship with them for years at a time.”
“And how do you feel about my people?” asked Three.

“I hope this doesn’t offend you,” said Ensign Mao. “But to my eyes, except that Centurion, you all seem Human to me.”

“We’re Cylons, not Human,” countered Three.

“Augmented Humans are still Human to me,” countered Ensign Mao.

“I’m sure it could be possible if you could pass the security screening,” said Crewman Luziana.

“What could be possible?” asked Six.

“Your desire to join the crew of this ship,” replied Crewman Luziana. “I saw it so clearly in your mind.”

“You can see in my mind!” gasped Six.

“It is a trait of my people,” explained Crewman Luziana. “All of the people of Betazed are telepathic.”

“So you’re not human?” asked Six.

“Not at all,” replied Crewman Luziana. “No one on this ship is human, unless you count Ambassador Kim, which I don’t because he ceased to be human once he joined the Borg.”

“That’s the race of cyborgs that are joined together in a group mind?” asked Six.

“That’s right,” said Crewman Luziana. “I’m heard some of your people are interested in joining the Borg. I’m sure he’ll be pleased to have you. He has not been happy since we arrived. Being an individual after having experiencing the group mind of the Collective is uncomfortable for him.”

“You make it sound appealing,” said Six.

“I’m going through a similar kind of withdrawal,” agreed Crewman Luziana. “Since all of my people are telepathic, we have a similar kind of group mind as the Borg. Fortunately, there are several telepathic species in our crew who are willing to link with me if the loneliness gets too overwhelming.”

“It was quite a shock to find out you were one of the Final Five,” said Doral Five. “On New Caprica, I suspected you were one of the leaders of the resistance.”

“I WAS a leader of the Resistance,” answered Anders. “So were Tigh and Tyrol and Tory. We gave you Human form in exchange for peace with the Colonies. And instead, we were mind wiped and plopped into the Colonies.”

“Hey, that was Cavil who did that,” protested Doral Five. “He erased our memories too. I had nothing to do with it.”
Sign up to rate and review this story