Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 10: the new life

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s Log, Stardate 56487.7 - After much debate, we were able to reach an agreement for not only peace, but also for the creation of this universe’s version of the Federation.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Boomer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-19 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 2008 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 10: the new life

Captain’s Log, Stardate 56487.7 - After much debate, we were able to reach an agreement for not only peace, but also for the creation of this universe’s version of the Federation. This has caused some discontent in both the Cylon and Colonial Fleets. There is much movement between the Cylon ships as they migrate between the different base ships in order to place them selves on the same ship with their faction.
One Base ship is reserved for those Cylons who are hostile to the Colonial Humans. This ship is majority Raiders, Ones and Fives. They have promised peace for now. But our telepathic crewmen have discovered that they actually plan to go back to their home world, called ironically enough: The Colony. Once there, they plan to concentrate on their science, hoping they can catch up with our own. It is a forlorn hope. The more worlds join the Federation, along with their scientists, the more difficult it will be for them to catch up.
Another base ship has been set aside for the future Borg. This faction has large numbers of Ones, Raiders, Centurions, Twos and Fours.
Another base ship has been set aside for the conversion of Centurions to human form Cylons. Most of these Centurions are choosing Three, Six and Eight model bodies, though all Cylon human models are represented by some. The ones going to model One bodies are getting a younger version of the body. The Cylons from Earth known amongst the Cylons as the Final Five are the ones performing this mass conversion. Many of the Centurions who wish to become Borg, wish to first be converted to human form.
Another base ship has been set aside for those Cylons who wish become part of Colonial Human society. Eights, Sixes and Centurions who have been converted form the overwhelming majority of these, but all models are represented, even Raiders. It will be placed under the command of the Colonial military and all Cylons have to undergo telepathic scans to ascertain their motives before being allowed to join the Colonial military.
The remaining base ships plan to return to the 12 Colonies which they have conquered and made too radioactive for non-augmented humans to survive on. They have promised to transport any surviving humans to the Colonial people, who are present, do not have a home world.

At present, the Argos is being kept busy. The Colonial Humans have a humanitarian crisis. To alleviate it, we have been replicating field rations in mass quantities, in exchange for their organic wastes.

We have also made arrangements for willing volunteers to be converted to Borg. As part of the agreement, the Borg have agreed not to share advanced technology with either the Colonials or the Cylons. Thus far, ‘the Borg’ consists of only their Ambassador, Harry Kim. But all prospective new Borg must agree to abide by the past agreements of the Borg. Ambassador Kim is preparing to assimilate the Borg’s first new member.

We have also agreed to take on ten crewmen from each faction, Cylon, Colonial and Borg. These crewmen will receive education when not occupied with other duties and some of them may become future Star Fleet officers.

However, the Colonials and Borg each do not currently have a home world. The Earth of this universe may be the home world the Colonials seek. But the Argos is currently being kept too busy to make a trip to investigate this Earth. We are therefore sending a fleet of shuttles, heavy raiders and raptors to investigate this Earth, under the command of Commander Worf.


Ionian Nebula - USS Argos - Sickbay

“So what do I got to do?” asked One.

“The first thing we need to do is remove your resurrection module,” explained Ambassador Kim. “It is not compatible with the Borg interlink module that will replace it in your brain.”

“You mean you want to cut open my head and make it impossible to resurrect!” screeched One.

“There is no need to use scalpels,” explained Ambassador Kim. “The inorganic nature of the resurrection module makes it possible to transport it out of the brain without cutting open your head. After the Borg interlink module has been implanted, you will be injected with Borg nanoprobes which will connect your brain to the interlink. Shall we begin?”

“Alright,” replied One. “Hit me!”

“Computer, activate the EMH” said Ambassador Kim.

“Please state the nature of the emergency!” said The Doctor.

“We need you to remove his resurrection module and replace it with a Borg interlink module,” said Ambassador Kim.

“And you thought he’d be comfortable having an AI perform the procedure than Doctor Salar,” replied The Doctor. “Very well. Lay on the table,”

“All right,” said one, as he laid down.

“Activating Transporter,” said the Doctor.

“Hey! That feels kind of tingly!” said One.

“Now transporting, the Borg module in,” announced The Doctor. “All finished. You may get up now.”

“I don’t feel any different,” observed One.

“That’s because we haven’t yet injected you with the Borg nanoprobes,” replied Ambassador Kim, as a filament shot out of his wrist and injected them into the former Cylon’s neck. “They will soon start connecting your interlink module with your brain.”

“Yeah, I’m starting to feel it! . . .” said One. “I think I’m seeing your memories! . . . . that Janeway is a real bitch! . . . . but it least she freed us from the Borg Queen . . .”

“We are starting to receive your memories too,” observed Ambassador Kim. “So you planned to use Borg technology to attack the Colonials?”

“But now we see the uselessness of that course,” replied One. “We are no longer Cylon model One, we are Borg! Resistance is Futile! We are Borg!”

“We are Borg,” affirmed Ambassador Kim.

“So when do we get the other Borg implants?” asked One of Borg.

“They will have to be implanted on the base ship using Cylon technology,” replied The Doctor. “Captain Data is only allowing this ship’s facilities to be used to implant the interlink modules. The rest, the Borg will have to do for themselves.”


Ionian Nebula - Colonial Fleet - The Tethys (freighter converted to refugee transport)

“I can’t believe they have us putting all our shit in these and taking them over to the Alien ship!” huffed Jon, as he lifted another sealed barrel of organic waste.

“Do you really think they’re making our food out of this shit?” asked Stan.

“Naw! That’s just a rumor,” replied Jon. “The stuff they are sending us is real food, with fresh vegetables and everything! I’m sure they are just using it to fertilize hidden gardens that we don’t know about.”

“Well, I’ll tell you one thing,” said Stan. “If they are feeding us shit . . . it’s good shit!”

Ionian Nebula - Colonial Fleet - the Prometheus

“So when do we make our move?” asked Ed, as he opened the sealed package labeled: ‘Mu Gu Gai Pan’.

“We don’t,” replied Tom Zarek, as he opened his meal labeled: Kung Pao Chicken. “The people would never stand for it. Before, It might have been possible. But now that Roslin has gotten the Argos to feed us, no one wants to see that stop.”

“It is good food, even if that universal translator thingy screwed up the labeling,” agreed Ed. “I mean, I know who Pan is. But what the frak is ‘Mu Gu Gai’?”

“Same here,” agreed Zarek. “I know what chicken is, but frak if I know what Kung Pao is!”

“Do you think they really make this stuff from shit?” asked Ed.

“I’m sure that’s just a rumor,” said Zarek. “I kinda wish I had started that one myself.”

“It don’t matter if it’s true,” agreed Ed. “If this is shit . . it’s good shit!”


Ionian Nebula - USS Argos - Crew Quarters

The model Eight Cylon known as Crewman Valerii Eight stepped into the quarters she shared with Ensign Nog. Like many of her model, she didn’t like to wear clothes unless there was a reason, such as protection from the elements, which had to be pretty extreme before she became uncomfortable. But being a Crewman on the Argos was a good reason to wear clothes, so she conformed with the custom when she was only duty. Now that she was off duty, she quickly stripped out of her uniform. Besides, Nog preferred it when she was naked. She still had a few minutes before he would be off duty, so she stepped into the sonic shower and washed way the grease. She was assigned to the Hanger Deck, cleaning up all the messes, the fluids that leaked out of shuttlecraft and raptors and heavy raiders, that officers were too important to deal with.

When she heard Nog enter, she stepped out of the sonic shower, and stepped forward to greet Nog by grabbing his ears and pressing her forehead to his.

“How was your day?” asked Nog, after she released him.

“It was pretty easy today,” replied Eight, as she walked over the the replicator. “No raptors or heavy raiders docked today, and the star fleet shuttles are pretty easy to clean. Boomer and I didn’t have much to do. Jumbolaja.”

The replicator had already been programed to make double sized dishes so they could share them. She carried the plate over the table and set it down, as Nog sat on his chair. The plate was made of some material that didn’t get too hot to hold, even though the food was hot.

When Nog first suggested that she chew his food for him, she thought that was a bit strange. But she was willing to give it a try. And he was willing to compromise by eating the human food he had acquired a taste for in his childhood due to his friend, Jake, and not make her chew beetles for him. She, in turn had found a way to make chewing his food a more erotic act than any Ferengi female had ever dreamed of. She sat on his lap and stroked his ear with one hand while the other was used to eat the food. Every other bite, she would set the fork down, grab his other ear and pass his pre-chewed food to him with a kiss.

By now she knew he had lied about licking her hand being the Ferengi way of announcing courtship. His early life amongst Humans and Bajorans had taught him that the females of most species tend to get upset if you ask to rent them with an option to buy.

“You know, I was thinking,” said Nog. “I think we should get married.”

“Are you asking to buy me?” asked Eight, who was by now familiar with Ferengi customs.

“I am,” stated Nog. “What’s your price?”

“Children,” said Eight. “Not now, but after things settle down a bit, I would like to have children.”

“We would have to ask Doctor Salar to help us with that. But I think I could agree to that,” said Nog. “So it’s a deal?”

Eight responded by shifting so she was straddling him, grabbing both his ears and pulling him into a deep kiss. They had enough time for some Oomaks. And after she got back from class, he could give her some Humahn-style Love Making.

She had been surprised that the classes were more than just science and engineering. In her evening classes she was also being exposed to literature, music, customs and history from throughout the Federation that this ship had come from. With members of so many different species on the same ship, knowing the customs and history of them helped her navigate the social life of the ship. So she didn’t get too offended when her boss’s boss, the Telerite Chief Engineer started berating her because that was his way of motivating excellence from his subordinates.
Sign up to rate and review this story