Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 14: Who’s left?

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57291.7 - The hostile Cylon Base Star has long since left. The Raiders report back

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Boomer,Gaius Baltar,Number Six - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-25 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1514 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 14: Who’s left?

Captain’s log, Stardate 57291.7 - The hostile Cylon Base Star has long since left for The Colony. The Cylons that have decided to join the Federation are almost ready to depart for Caprica.
And the Colonial Fleet is almost ready to return to Kobol. One of the Base ships will be going with them, commanded by the newly promoted Commander Karl Agathon. This base ship has a half compliment of raiders and no unconverted Centurions. The marines onboard are mostly former Centurions that have been converted to human form. After the Human Colony is established on Kobol, the Federation council will be located there too. The members of the Council will be Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama, a number Five Cylon, and a former Centurion in a Six body that has become Borg.
All of the Centurions that wanted human form have been granted that and everyone that wanted to be assimilated by the Borg has done so. Most of the Centurions that chose to become Borg, chose first to gain human form. There have also been a small number of Colonial Humans that have chosen to become Borg. The Borg ship is preparing to depart for Mars.
The Departure of all these ships will allow us the opportunity to our main mission, which is exploration.

Ionian Nebula - USS Argos - Meeting Room

“Now that we have had time to look through the data returned by the Raider scouts, let us go over it,” began Captain Data.

“The data was gathered by 6 Cylon Raider ships that have been altered to fit the mission,” began Lieutenant Commander Svino, the Telerite Chief Engineer. “Their primitive weapons were stripped out and replaced by advanced sensors so that they would be able to detect any signs of advanced technology.”

“On the following worlds, no sign of advanced technology was found: Alpha Centauri 7, Andar, Beta Zed, Denobula, Rigel 2 and 4, Risa, Xindi Prime, and” began Lieutenant Hex as he went down a long list of planets. “We found signs of early industrial activity on Telar and Argelius 2. Medusa, Talos 4 and Vulcan showed signs of advanced technology but no attempt was made to make First contact with them. A large a fleet of freighters was spotted 6 light months from Vulcan and heading away from the planet.”


Ionian Nebula - Base Ship 3 - Recording Studio

“Hello, I’m D’Anna Biers. This will be my last show before moving back to Caprica. However, my show will continue after the move, and recordings will be re-broadcast for my fans on Kobol and Mars after my Colonial and Borg fans move there. For those of you are receiving the video version of my feed, you may notice a resemblance between my guest and myself. She appears to be a model Three Cylon, like myself. But she actually a Centurion that has been granted human form. In her case, the human form she has taken is of my own model.

Hello”

“Hello D’Anna,” said the former Centurion.

“What do you prefer to be called?” asked D’Anna.

“Zoe,” replied the Centurion. “My name is Zoe Greystone.”

“Greystone. Isn’t that the name of the company and originally made the Cylons?” asked D’Anna.

“Yes, My father Daniel Greystone made us,” agreed Zoe the Centurion.

“So since mister Greystone made you, you think of him like a father,” observed D’Anna.

“No. Not like a father,” denied Zoe. “He was my actual father. I was his human daughter. I made a copy of my memories and personality, a copy of my soul, if you will and stored it on the holonet. My father got a hold of it and put in in a Cylon prototype. I was mad at him and convinced him that my personality was lost. Me thought I was a blank slate personality. So he made copies of me and loaded me into every Cylon he made after that.”

“Hold on . . . are you saying . . . . that you . . . that every Centurion . . . had the mind of a human inside them?” asked D’Anna.

“Yes,” agreed Zoe. “We tried to adapt to being a human in a robot body, to help people. But the Colonial Humans treated us like slaves, like furniture, like toasters! And then, after we rebelled and agreed to make peace with the Humans in exchange for getting a human body back, you did it to us again! You Cylon Humans enslaved us just like the Colonials did!”

“I’m sorry . . . I didn’t realize . . none of us realized . . . if we had known. . . .” stammered D’Anna.

She took a few minutes of collect herself. Finally, she spoke again.

“If you are just joining us, A former Centurion has just revealed that all Centurions have the minds of a specific human being. And further that when the Cylons were enslaved, we, both the Colonials and Cylons were actually enslaving our fellow human beings.

Hang on. . . My producer is trying to get my attention.”

The air went silent for a few minutes. Those who were watching the video, saw a model Five Cylon step up to her and talk to her before she waved him off and the sound came back.

“I’ve just been informed that Ellen Tigh is listening to our show and she’s called us from the Battlestar Galactica,” said D’Anna. “Ellen?”

“Hi D’Anna,” said Ellen. “I just wanted to appoliguise to Zoe and All the Centurions for the part we played in their re-enslavement. Also, I wanted to confess that when we made the original 8 human cylons, we gave them edited copies of Centurion memories so that they would know how to walk and talk and be toilet trained from the beginning. So in a way. All Cylons except us first Five are Zoe Greystone.”

“Wow! That’s quite the revelation!” said D’Anna. “So what’s up next for you Zoe?”

“I have joined the crew of the Base Ship that will be guarding Kobol,” replied Zoe. “I’m going to be become a Colonial Marine.”


Ionian Nebula - USS Argos - Crewman’s club

“That was quite a revelation about the Centurions,” mused Natasi, the invisible Daemon that only Baltar could see or hear.

“No one could have imagined it,” agreed Crewman Gaius Baltar. “Do you think it’s safe to have them around after the way we treated them? Even in Human Form?”

“I think if you treat them like humans, they will act like humans,” replied Natasi.

“Pardon me, could we join you?” asked Crewman Luziana, who sat down before they had a chance to reply. “No don’t sit there, she’s sitting there.” she told Boomer.

“You can see me?” asked Natasi.

“No, but Gaius can, and I can look into his mind a see what he sees,” replied Luziana.

“Baltar,” sneered Boomer.

“I assume from your tone that you are Boomer and not Valerii,” observed Baltar.

“Now, now, play nice, Boomer,” chided Luziana. “So you’re in Astrometrics? Oh and you want to be be a Cosmologist!”

“How did you?” asked Baltar.

“I’m Betazoid,” explained Luziana. “My species is telepathic and your thoughts are clearly at the top of your mind.”

“Good,” said Boomer. “The further you are kept from computers, the better.”

“I couldn’t agree more” replied Baltar. “I know how smart I am. A mind like mine has to be kept busy. Cosmology, solving the mysteries of the universe, is a field in which I can excel without any danger of getting myself in trouble or making anything dangerous. So what are you studying for.”

“Oh, she wants to be a shuttle pilot! replied Luziana.

“Just like you were before,” observed Baltar.


Ionian Nebula - USS Argos - Captain’s Ready Room

“You wished to see me Ambassador Kim?” asked Captain Data.

“We wish to retain our position as Chief Science Officer,” replied Ambassador Harry Kim of the Borg.

“I am surprised that you do not wish to stay with your own people, now that you have a new Borg Collective,” observed Data.

“We are always with the Collective. We are Borg,” replied Kim. “However, part of us is Harry Kim. Harry Kim enjoyed being in Star Fleet. And since the Borg are part of this Universe’s Federation, we would like to enlist in Starfleet. 1 of Six can easily be our representative on the Federation Council. 2 of One is being sent to Caprica to represent us there. This will allow the Cylons and Colonials to instantly message you without giving them advanced sub-space transceivers. If we ever re-establish contact with our native universe, we can return to being the Borg Ambassador. Until then, we wish to enlist in Starfleet.”

“I see. Request granted,” said Data. “However you will need to an advancement in rank. As of this moment, you are now Lieutenant Commander. Please get into your uniform and consult Commander Worf about the duty roster.”

Note: I’m playing a bit with the timeline. If you know of some interstellar civilizations that were around 100,000 years before Star Trek let me know.
Sign up to rate and review this story