Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 15: Not Romulans

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57302.7 - All of the Base ships have departed.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Boomer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-25 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1501 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 15: Not Romulans

Captain’s log, Stardate 57302.7 - All of the Base ships have departed. One went with the Colonial Fleet back to Kobol, The Borg one went to Mars and the rest of them returned to Caprica. The Human Cylon war is over and the Human/Cylon/Borg Federation has begun. We will be the last to leave this nebula.
Our mission: to seek out new life and new civilizations. Our first mission will to be to investigate the Fleet of Ships that left Vulcan.

Deep Space - USS Argos - Meeting Room

“What can you tell us about this fleet of ships, Mister Kim,” asked Captain Data.

“They appear to be a fleet of large freighters,” replied Lieutenant Commander Harry Kim of Borg. “None of them is able to go faster than Warp One, and that is their current velocity.”

“Do you think this could be the Vulcans who became Romulans,” asked Lieutenant Schist.

“Their current trajectory will take them to Romulus,” observed Lieutenant Hex. “at their current speed, It will take them over 300 years to reach Romulus.

“Captain, if these are the Romulans, we should exterminate them now, while we have the chance!” growled Commander Worf.

“That would not be advisable,” countered Data. “They have not yet committed any crimes against us.”

“What if we were to offer them an alternate location?”asked Doctor Salar, “a planet that would be closer.”

“The problem with that is that we do not yet know which planets are and are not already inhabited,” replied Data. “Until we visit them, we can not know for certain.”

“There is one planet, we know for certain about,” replied Lieutenant Hex. “New Caprica is only 20 light years away from them.”

“Excellent, Lieutenant,” praised Data. “We will need to investigate to make certain the planet in uninhabited. Set course for New Caprica, immediately. Meeting adjourned.”


New Caprica

The Transporter beam hit the planet and four figures materialized. They were Captain Data, the Vulcan Doctor Salar, Chief Science Officer Kim of Borg and the Horta Security Chief: Lieutenant Schist. As soon as they finished beaming, they pulled out their tricorders and began scanning the area. They had landed at the site of the failed Colonial/Cylon colony. There were a variety of buildings in the area, as well as the downed tents that had once housed the Colonials. Neither of the groups had cleaned up after they left and the remains of their litter had scattered all over the area.

“Reading multiple Centurion corpses,” announced Lieutenant Commander Kim. “No human remains detected.”

“The lack of human remains would suggest the presence of one or more scavenger species that have feed on the corpses both the Colonials and Cylons left behind,” suggested Doctor Salar.

“I concur,” agreed Data. After we check the condition of those buildings, we should place com-tags on all the deactivated Centurions so that we may transport them up to the ship. Lieutenant Schist, make a more detailed examination of the geology of the area.”

“Aye sir,” replied the Horta, before burrowing into the ground.


Interstellar space - 6 Light months from the planet, Vulcan - USS Argos

“Entering visual range now,” reported Lieutenant Hex

“On screen,” commanded Data, “maximum magnification.”

A fleet of large freighters appeared on the view screen. At this distance, the individual ships could be barely seen, but the whole fleet was able fit on the view screen.

“The ships are all traveling at Warp One,” reported Kim.

“Hail them,” commanded Data.

“Captain they are responding, audio only,” announced the Talosian Communications Officer: Lieutenant Solon.

“On speaker,” commanded Worf.

“Who are you?” demanded the voice from one of the ships.

“This is Captain Data from the United Federation of Planets, aboard the USS Argos. We wish to initiate peaceful contact with your people. May we send a delegation to meet with your leaders?”

“Is this some kind of trick? Are you plotting to drag us back to Vulcan?” asked the voice.

“We have not yet established First Contact with the planet Vulcan,” replied Data. “We are a multi-species society that includes members of many races aboard our ship. May we approach closer so that you may ascertain that our ship is not of Vulcan design?”

“Very well, you may approach us,” replied the voice.

“Ahead, Warp Factor 1.25,” commanded Worf.

“Warp Factor 1.25. Aye sir.” replied Lieutenant Pram.

“Now that we are close enough are you satisfied that we are not a Vulcan ship?” asked Data.

“. . .Yes . . .I have never seen a ship like that before. Can it go faster than Warp Speed?” said the voice.

“We have just demonstrated our ability to do so,” replied Data. “May we send a delegation aboard?”

“I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to talk,” replied the voice. You can dock with our lead ship.”

“That will not be necessary,” replied Data. “We have matter teleportation technology. Please send us the co-ordinates where you would like us to arrive.”

“Sending them now,” replied the voice, before cutting transmission.

“I will be going myself with Lieutenant Solon and Ensign Tarsa,” announced Data. “Have him meet us in the Transporter Room.”

“Captain, I must protest! You can not endanger yourself so,” cried Worf. “The Romunlans are not to be trusted.”

“You objection is noted Commander Worf,” said Data. “However, I believe your past history with the Romulans makes you the wrong person to lead this mission. Keep in mind, that they have not yet become the Romulans we know. Commander Worf, You have the Com.”


Interstellar space - 6 Light months from the planet, Vulcan - T’prak (Vulcan Freighter) - Cargo bay 7

The three Star Fleet Officers materialized to find themselves surrounded by a group of suspicious Vulcans, armed with L.A.S.E.R. pistols.

“Vulcan!” shouted one of the Vulcans, as she shot Ensign Tarsa. “I knew it was a Vulcan trick!”

Lieutenant Solon didn’t wait before she acted. She didn’t even bother using her communicator. She just telepathically alerted the Transporter Chief and had him transport Ensign Tarsa directly to Sick Bay on the Argos.

“Don’t shoot! Everyone hold your fire!” shouted one of the Vulcans, with a familiar voice. It was the one who had done the talking on their behalf before. “I thought you said you had not been to Vulcan!”

“Ensign Tarsa has arrived at Sick Bay,” announced Lieutenant Solon.

“Thank you, Lieutenant Solon,” said Data, before turning to the Vulcan Leader. “Ensign Tarsa is not Vulcan, he is Rigilian. Although his species superficially resembles Vulcans, they are, in fact, a completely different species than you. I am Captain Data.”

“I’m Tarquin, the leader of those of us who have rejected Surak’s philosophy of logic and emotion suppression.”

“The Rigilians are much the same,” replied Data. “May I beam down a another Security Officer to replace the one your people have wounded?”

“You may,” replied Tarquin.

Data tapped his com-badge: “Data to Argos, please send down Ensign Nog.”

“Acknowledged,” replied Worf’s voice before Ensign Nog beamed down.

“I apologize for the rashness of our people,” said Tarquin. “You said you wanted to establish peaceful contact with us. To what end? What are you offering us.”

“For starters, we can offer you a better planet than the one you plan to colonize,” offered Data. “Your current course is in the direction of a planet that it will take multiple generations to reach. And once you arrive, you will find yourselves in conflict with the native population, a species known as the Remans. But we can direct you to a planet that is only 20 years journey away and if you allow us to tow your ships, we could bring your entire fleet to that location in a matter of weeks. Although is not a good planet for agriculture, it is quite rich in mineral resources. Once you were established, you could trade for food with other planets. Also, the planet’s system is hidden by a nebula. If you chose to become isolationist, it would decrease the chances of you being found. Also there in a recently abandoned colony with buildings already standing, which could speed the rate of your establishing your settlement.”

“Why are you offering us all this?” asked Tarquin. “How do you know so much about us and where we are going?”

“Our ship has traveled her from another universe,” explained Data. We have also traveled back in time. Your people and their struggles well known to us. Since we have arrived here, we have we have helped three societies to come together to form a similar organization to the Federation that we came from. All three founding members are in the process of rebuilding their societies, just as you are. We would offer you a chance to join the Federation.”

“I’m willing to discuss the possibility,” agreed Tarquin.

“I should warn you that we intend to extend the same invitation to the Vulcans,” warned Data.

“So if my people were willing to join first? . . .”
Sign up to rate and review this story