Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 24: Genesis and Visalayan

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57510.6 - Subspace contact has been established with Talosians.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-27 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1918 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 24: Genesis and Visalayan


Captain’s log, Stardate 57510.6 - Subspace contact has been established with Talosians. They added all 12 of their capital ships to Starfleet and the learning device we sent loaded with a full 4 years of Starfleet Academy training has been used by their crews. The Talosians have decided to name their ships after the 12 Lords of Kobolian religion, an idea that has flattered the Kobolian Humans. The Talosian ship orbiting Kobol has been re-named, the Zeus. The Hephestus, Hades, and the Hermes have been dispatched to help guard Mars, Tarquinus, and Caprica.
We have managed to fabricate two of the Phase Cloaking devices and installed them on the Argos and the Zeus. The complexity of the device is such that only the Argos has the necessary tools to make them at this time.
Currently we are on course for Venus. Councilor Đaimz has chosen to come along with us. The Borg have been granted permission to make and use genesis devices for the purposes of terraforming. They expect to have completed the first one by the time we arrive.

Captain’s log, Stardate 57531.7 - We have arrived at Venus. The Hephestus is already in orbit of Mars and has brought with it 3,421 volunteers to join the Borg Collective. They had already been assimilated into the Collective before we arrived. The Borg Base ship has joined us at Venus. Although we did not expect any positive results, we made a full scan of the planet for any life forms that might be harmed.

“Scans show the planet to be devoid of life with the exception of some microbial life in the upper atmosphere,” reported Lieutenant Commander Harry Kim.

“Very well, alert the Borg that they may deploy the genesis device,” commanded Captain Data.

The Borg Base ship shot a missile at the planet and there was a flash as the device activated in the atmosphere.

“The device is working as planned,” announced Kim as he looked at the scanner screen. “Excess heat is being drawn from the atmosphere and being used to help fuel the reaction. Sulphur atoms are being stripped from sulphur dioxide molecules, carbon atoms are being stripped from carbon dioxide molecules and raining down to the surface as a mixture of diamonds, graphite and fullerine, water is starting to fall to the surface as rain. “Estimate the entire planet should be terraformed in 12 hours.”

“Very well, continue your scans,” commanded Data.


Captain’s log, Stardate 57534.7 - The use of the genesis device to terraform Venus has been successful. The planet has cooled to temperatures similar to Vulcan. Humans will be uncomfortable there except near the poles. The atmosphere is now a Nitrogen-oxygen mix with trace amounts of carbon dioxide, just barely enough to allow plant growth. The Federation Council has ruled that if the test were successful that the planet would be open for the settlement of all Federation races. The Talosians are already starting to prepare to sow seeds from their home world on the surface, in preparation for planting agricultural crops and establishing a village there.
Use of the genesis device has been authorized for Earth and Mars, barring the discovery of intelligent life there. We will use our advanced scanners to make certain of that before the devices are activated.


Captain’s log, Stardate 57544.8 - The genesis devices have been activated on both Earth and after the Borg settlement was evacuated, Mars. The Sol system now has three M - Class worlds. The Federation Council has recognized Earth as a Human home world. However the Kobolians do not currently have to necessary population to settle it. For now, it will be designated a nature preserve and there are plans to transfer plant and animal species from both Kobol and Caprica. Mars now has a much thicker atmosphere. But the temperature is cold enough that only Andorians would find in comfortable. For now, the Borg are focused on building their settlement, mines and shipyards there.


Captain’s log, Stardate 57553.9 - We are approaching the Xi Hydre system, which contains Visalayan, home planet of the Medeusans or as they are more commonly called: Medusans. We are hoping to establish peaceful First Contact with them and invite them to join the Federation. To facilitate this, Đaimz, our former Ship’s Councilor, and current Starfleet Representative on the Federation Council has joined our expedition.

Ort cloud of the Xi Hydre system - USS Argos - Bridge

“Captain, I am picking up faint telepathic impressions,” announced Lieutenant Solon. “It’s a Medeusan ship.”

“Do you feel anything, Councilor Đaimz?” asked Captain Data.

“Nothing,” replied Councilor Đaimz, via the hologram of a Talosian upper half being projected out of the top of the wheeled box in which hid his true form, as an non-corporeal energy being that caused most races madness to gaze upon. “They must be beyond the range of my telepathy.”

“Ship detected,” announced Lieutenant Commander Harry Kim. “Still out at maximum visual range.”

“On screen,” commanded Worf.

At this range the ship was only a dot of light, like any other star.

“Hail them,” commanded Data.

“There is no response on subspace,” replied Lieutenant Solon. “But I am receiving a telepathic response. They are demanding that we halt and let them approach.”

“We shall comply with their wishes,” replied Data.

“All stop!” commanded Worf. “Should we go to red alert Captain?”

“Not at this time,” replied Data. “We are still hoping to establish peaceful contact with them.”

The ship came closer at warp speed and came to a stop close enough that the ship could be clearly seen. It was spherical with four warp pylons.

“I can feel them!” said Đaimz. “They’re my people!”

“Captain I’m getting a telepathic message from them!” said Lieutenant Pram.

“I’m receiving the same message,” declared Worf.

“I believe we all are,” explained Lieutenant Solon.

“Lieutenant Solon, since I am immune to telepathy, could you repeat back their messages and the responses for my benefit?” commanded Data. “Councilor Đaimz, could you relay my messages to them?”

“Who are you? Why are you intruding in our space?” translated Lieutenant Solon.

“This is the USS Argos, a ship from the United Federation of Planets,” began Data. “We are here on a peaceful mission to establish first contact with your people. May we send a delegation to your ship?”

“They are agreeable with that and sent transporter co-ordinates,” translated Lieutenant Solon.

“Councilor Đaimz, the delegation will consist of yourself, Lieutenant Schist and Doctor Salar,” commanded Data. “Make certain that Doctor Salar has been issued a red visor so that she will suffer no ill effects from contact with your people.”

“Aye sir,” replied Councilor Đaimz, as he wheeled out of the Bridge, followed by the Hortan Chief Security Officer.


Captain’s log, Stardate 57554.5 - Our delegation to the Medeusan Ship had been gone for several hours. It is hoped that this is a good sign and that peaceful first contact is being established. The Medeusans have asked to escort us to their homeworld.

There was a sudden flash and all three members of the contact party appeared on the bridge.

“Captain, I think we should go to your Ready Room before I make my report,” announced Councilor Đaimz. Once they were behind closed doors, he began: “We have arrived at a time before my people have ascended. As a result, they look upon me with a sort of religious awe that a human might have for an angel. They also see Lieutenant Schist as being a sort of semi-divine magic rock. The un-ascended Medeusans are seven tentacled non-humanoid life forms. A human might think that they resemble a land octopus. They communicate with changing colour patterns on their bodies and with telepathy for long distance. I do not think there will be any ill effects on any of our member species that see them. Doctor Salar was able to remove her red visor and view them with no ill effects at all.”

“What are their current intentions towards us?” asked Data.

“As I said, they view me as a religious figure,” replied Đaimz. “They want me to go Visalayan so that they can show me off to the whole world. I do not think they would do us harm.”

“Do you think they would be receptive to joining the Federation?” asked Data.

“Captain, if I commanded it, they would join in an instant!” replied Đaimz. “If they join the Federation, I would like to return to my duties and Ship’s Councilor. Appoint someone else to represent Starfleet on the Federation Council.”


Captain’s log, Stardate 57555.6 - After traveling to Visalayan, our first contact party needed to go down to the planet alone as the Medeusans wish for Councilor Đaimz to appear on their version of mass media in his energy form. As a result I have had to close down all receptors for video signals from the planet and forbidden all telepathic contact with anywhere in the system.
The technology of the Medeusans appears to be the equivalent of 23rd century Federation technology. Their ships are capable of warp 6 for extended periods and warp 8 for short duration. The have replicators and holograms, but no not have phasers or photon torpedoes on their ship. Their transport technology appears superior to our own and their main weapon is to transport warheads either within or near enemy ships. Like the Talosians, they have heavily settled their home system, but have not expanded far beyond it.

Suddenly, there was a flash, and four figures appeared on the bridge. It was Councilor Đaimz, Doctor Salar, Lieutenant Schist and a Medeusan, who resembled an octopus with seven tentacles that each ended in a seven fingered hand. Councilor Đaimz’ hologram had taken the form of a Medeusan of this era. But the real him was safely inside his box.

“Captain Data, this is Žižić,” said Councilor Đaimz. “He is to be the Medeusan representative to the Federation Council.”

“Am I to infer that your people have decided to join the Federation?” asked Data.

“Yes, we want to be in the divine one’s Federation,” translated Lieutenant Solon, for the benefit of Data, who could not hear the telepathy. “We have transported 10 volunteers who wish to join Starfleet to your transporter room.”

“Thank you, we are glad to have you as members of the Federation,” replied Data. “Please go with Lieutenant Solon. “She will see that you and your people are fitted with universal translators so that you may communicate with those of the crew who are unable to receive telepathy. Councilor Đaimz, may I see you in my ready room?”

When they were both alone, the Captain turned on him and asked:

“Councilor Đaimz, did you use the Medeusan’s religion to convince them to join the Federation?” asked Data.

“Believe me, I tried everything I could, not to,” replied Đaimz, whose hologram had taken a form that resembled an android similar to Data. “I explained who and what I am and who we are to our whole world. But no mater what I said, the sight of me left them unable to consider my non-divinity. So yes, they have joined, but only because they think I am the shape of things to come. Which they are right about, in a way. But it will be a long time before my people are ready for ascension.”

“And this is why you want to go back to being our ship’s councilor,” mused Data.
Sign up to rate and review this story