Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 25: Cylons come to Kobol

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Cylons come to Kobol

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Gaeta,Laura Roslin,William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-03-28 - 2271 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 25: Cylons come to Kobol

Kobol orbit - Battlestar Galactica - C&C

The Colonial Warriors had all become part of Starfleet now. There were some who refused the alien learning device and retired to Sparta. But there were plenty of people below them who were perfectly willing to rise through the ranks. Their Colonial uniforms had been replaced by Starfleet ones. They might look like pajamas to colonial eyes, but the new uniforms doubled as pressure suits and had a hood that covered the head in emergencies. This allowed people wearing them to survive in the hard vacuum of space slightly longer than they otherwise would have. The new ranks were hard to get used to. To Felix Gaeta, being promoted to Captain felt like a demotion from Major. But he was in command of the ship and that was what counted.

“Dradis contact!” called out Lieutenant Colicos, “Transponder looks like a Cylon Base ship!”

“Set actio- Go to Red Alert! Launch Vipers!” commanded Captain Gaeta.

“It’s a shame they couldn’t have waited until the photon torpedo tubes were installed,” mused Commander Duala.

“It wouldn’t have done us any good anyway,” said Gaeta. “There aren’t any torpedoes to go in them yet. Send signals to the Zeus and the Tartarus. See if we can box them in. Also let the Admiral know what’s going on. Then get me in touch with the Cylons.”

“Yes sir, I mean Aye sir,” replied Lieutenant Hatch. Once the Communications officer had done all that, he turned back to the Captain. “I have the Cylon Commander on the line now, Captain.”

Captain Gaeta picked up the phone receiver and said: “This is Captain Felix Gaeta of the Federation Battlestar Galactica. State your intensions!”

“This is Three of the Federation Base Ship 13,” replied a familiar female voice. “Our intensions are non-hostile. I repeat, non-hostile.”

“Why have our Cylon friends paid us a visit?” asked Gaeta.

“We bring human refugees to you as was required of us in the peace treaty between our peoples,” replied Three. “Also we have business with the Admiral and the Science institute. May we send down some Heavy Raiders?”

“This is Fleet Admiral Adama,” said a voice on the line, interrupting this communication. “You may send down the Heavy Raiders one at a time, starting with the ones carrying human refugees. Tartarus, launch two defensive Raiders to escort each Heavy Raider to the surface.”

There was a chorus of “Aye sirs” and a “By your Command” from Gaeta, Agathon and Three, before they complied with the Admiral’s orders.

While they were implementing this, Adama ordered the three capital ships to maintain their position on three sides of the Basestar, and return the vipers to the Galactica, but have the pilots stay in them, ready to launch if the need arose.


Kobol - Athens - Spaceport

Fleet Admiral Adama was there with a platoon of MACOS to greet the Heavy Raider when it landed. After it landed and opened the hatch, He could see that there were a couple of model Eights to pilot it and and couple of Centurions. But everyone else to come out of the ship was human. There were 20 of them, so they must have been packed in there pretty tight. All of them looked malnourished and their clothing was threadbare.

“You . . . you’re human!” said one of the refugees.

“So it wasn’t a Cylon trick?” asked another.

“I don’t recognize the uniform,” said another. “Are you from the Colonies? Where are we?”

“You are all safe,” announced Adama. “To answer your questions, yes, we did come from the Colonies. And yes, it is true that we’ve made peace with the Cylons. We, the Cylons and some alien races have come together to form a United Federation of peoples. As part of the peace agreement, we asked that all Colonial humans remaining in the 12 Colonies be brought here. Welcome to Kobol!”

After the Heavy Raider had been emptied, it returned to the Base ship and a new one came down. It was the third ship that was full of Cylons of various types.

Some of them stepped forward, a Centurion and one of each type of human Cylon that they brought.

“I’m Three, this is Two, Four, Six, Eight and Centurion. We represent the models of our Base ship. We not only came to bring back these humans, but also for information. We’ve been hearing from the Borg Ambassador stationed on Caprica and more recently via the subspace transceiver you sent us about what is going on here. We would like to acquire some of this new scientific knowledge that we’ve heard about.”

“You don’t have a representative of the Raiders on your ruling council?” asked Adama.

“No. Why do you ask?” replied Three.

“Well, all AIs are considered to be full citizens of the Federation,” replied Adama. “We might be more heirarchical in how Starfleet runs it’s ships, But our Raiders are considered full officers with the ability to advance in rank. You might consider doing the same. In fact, if you really intend to be members of the Federation you should place at least some of your ships in Starfleet. That’s what we did. We put both our ships in Starfleet. And the Talosians put 12 of their ships in the Starfleet. You should do the same.”

The Cylons shared a look with each other, then Three answered: “We’ll each have to consult with the rest of our model, but I’m fairly confident that we will agree to join the federation’s Starfleet.”

“I’ll need to see your ships logs so I can go through them,” replied Adama. “As members of Starfleet, you’ll run the ship less democratically. I’ll assign each of you a rank based of your past roles on the ship. And you’ll have to wear the uniform.”

He tugged on his own Starfleet uniform and his eyes flicked for a moment to the model Eight Cylon, who wasn’t wearing anything.

“The Talosians have brought us a learning device that allows you to quickly learn Starfleet procedures,” explained Adama. “Also your scientists can use it to learn the new things quickly.

But for now, we need to get food and medical care for these refugees. Ensign Cole can escort you to your rooms and give you a tour of the town.”


Kobol - Athens - Hotel Castor

The Cylons had just gotten settled into their hotel rooms when there was a knock on Three’s door. When she went to answer it, she found a model Five Cylon waiting out side.

“Can I come in?” asked Arron Five, the Cylon Representative to the Federation Council.

“Of course, come on in,” said Three, you’re the Five that we left here to speak for us, right?”

“Yes, Arron Five. And I wanted to give you a heads up about what’s going on here. This town is where the tolerant humans live. But most of them, the ones who want nothing to do with Cylons or aliens settled on another continent. They have a town called: Sparta. But I wouldn’t let any of our people visit there if I were you.”

“What can you tell me about these aliens?” asked Three

“The Taquinians were former enemies of the old Federation that split off from the Vulcans, one of the old Federation’s founding members.” explained Five. “The Vulcans have been invited to join but have not, thus far. Technologically we’re one of the most backward members of the Federation. Only the Kobolians, that’s what the Colonials call themselves now, and only they were less advanced than us.”

“‘Were less advanced?” asked Three

“Yeah, they are catching up,” explained Five. “But I will get to that. Even though the Tarquinians were enemies of the Argos, the Argos helped them go from a rag-tag refugee fleet of Freighters to settling on a world or their own: New Caprica, which they have named: Tarquinus. Their Representative to the Federation Council is a scientist, and she shared her knowledge with the other members of the Federation, which at the time was only the Kobolians. They were at the very beginning of the Argos tech.

“So the Kobolians have their tech?” asked Three.

“Oh it gets’s worse!” replied Five. “Believe me! Not only do the Kobolians have all of the Final Five Cylons leading their Science institute. And not only did they learn the Taquinian science, the next alien race to join, the Talosians were even more advanced! And they came here with their learning machines and scientists to share all their advanced knowledge with the Federation!”

“But aren’t we supposed to be members of the Federation?” asked Three.

“We are.” replied Five. “That’s why the Starfleet sent a Talosian ship to help defend Caprica. It will take a while to get there. But it’s on it’s way. That happened after the Argos got here and decided to share their Tech with the Federation!”

“So what can we do?” asked Three.

“We need to do like the Talosians did!” replied Five. “Jump into the Federation with both feet! You need to let them use that learning device on you and join your ship to the Federation.”

“I’ve tentatively already agreed to that,” replied Three. “We just need to each get the rest of our model to agree.”

“Designate some of us to be scientists,” suggested Five. “Have them learn advanced science via the machine, then have half of them stay here to join the science institute while the other half goes back to Caprica to start up our own. It would also help if you each got individual names. The Talosians are like us, they don’t have individual names. But they have adopted them to make it easier for other races to deal with them. We should do the same. The Cylons that stayed here have mostly taken their model number as their family name and a unique first name. That’s why a call myself Arron Five.”

“I’ll send word to the Base ship and see that everyone gets a name,” replied Three. “Even the Raiders.”

“Also, we need to bring a bunch of Threes, Sixes and Eights here,” said Five. “The Kobolians don’t have enough women. Most of those that were on ships when the colonies fell were older men. Men who need wives. Seeing the aliens has made me realise that all of us Cylons are just a different kind of Human. There have already been some marriages to Cylons. The Captain of the Tartarus married two of them.”

“The model Eight that he made a baby with and . . .?” asked Three.

“Caprica Six,” replied Five. “Apparently, she started out as a nanny for Hera and she and Athena grew closer. Now both of them are pregnant! There’s even been a couple of Eights that married aliens!”



Kobol - Admiral Adama’s office


“At ease. You may be seated. Thank you for coming, Three,” said Adama. “I see from your ship’s logs that you have taken the name: Lucy Three.”

“That is correct, sir.” said Three . “Before I sent you the ship’s log, I assigned everyone individual names.”

“Even the Raiders,” observed Adama. “Very good. I am gratified that your ship has agreed to join Starfleet and undergo the learning machines. I’ve looked through your log and given you and each member of your crew a rank based on your prior actions. You, I am making Captain of the Basestar, which I am re-naming the Styx. I will be sending you back to Caprica along with some of the scientists that you brought and some learning machines with Starfleet Training. You are authorized to bring into Starfleet any other Base ships that are willing to join and to use the learning machine to facilitate that.”

“Thank you sir, I will do my best,” replied Three.

“Also when I was looking at your logs, I saw that the Galactica was not the only Colonial ship your people were chasing?” pointed out Adama.

“We stopped chasing them after we made peace with you, but they have gone in completely different directions than you,” replied Captain Three.

“Don’t pursue them,” commanded Adama. “We’ll have to send some Raptors with people to try to convince them to come here. If you encounter any, send them the same message. But for now, try to bring more Colonial survivors here.”


After she left, Adama looked again at the printout of the files about the other Colonial ships the Cylons had been pursuing before peace was established. All of them had been heading into the unknown, out into the unexplored reaches of the galaxy. The Icarus was a Destroyerstar, only 1/8 the size of a Battlestar, armed with artillery and missile launchers but only a small landing bay, barely big enough for a single Raptor. The Atalanta was a Mercury class Battlestar, newer and more powerful than the Galactica. The Odyssey was a Cruiserstar, essentially a Battlestar with no landing pods. Its’ small landing bay could hold a few Raptors but no Vipers. The Atlantis was a Jupiter Class Battlestar, like the Galactica. It had its’ own civilian fleet, though a smaller one than the Galactica had guarded when it was on the run. He’d have to send Raptors to search for them all, let them know there was a safe haven to go back to.
Sign up to rate and review this story