Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 26: Defending Visalayan

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57564.6 - The Medeusans have offered up 7 of their capital ships to be added to the Star Fleet.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2022-03-29 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1638 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 26: Defending Visalayan

Captain’s log, Stardate 57564.6 - The Medeusans have offered up 7 of their capital ships to be added to the Star Fleet. The Talosian learning device has been adapted for their use and their crews have absorbed the standard Starfleet training packet of information. The Seven new ships are: He’e, Hobtnica, Ahtapot, Blekksprut, Kaheksajalg, Pugita, and Polvo. Of these, the Polvo, Pugita, Ahtapot have been sent to guard Caprica, Kobol and Tarquinus respectively. The He’e will be sent to guard Mars. but will first carry plants and animals to Venus to be transplanted in anticipation of a future Medeusan settlement there. The other three Medeusan ships will remain in the Visalayan system to guard their homeworld. The Medeusans have been given a subspace transceiver as this was a technology that was unfamiliar to them and contact between Kobol and Visalayan has been established. Starfleet command has confirmed all the new Medeusans in Starfleet at the the equivalent of their former rank. The new Starfleet ships have also been modified to include subspace transceivers and phasing cloaks. The new Medeusan crew members on the Argos have been fitted with universal translators, based on the one used by Lieutenant Schist. This allows them to engage in verbal communication with the members of our crew who have not yet learned the visual language they produce by making changes in the colours of their skin.

The Medeusans have a local problem with an insectoid race known as the Skrrr, who hunt their freighters in small warp capable carrier ships that carry a squadron of fighter craft armed with cannon. They engage in acts of piracy agains the Medeusans, hence the need for a military for a race that only travels between a few systems.

“Captain, I am receiving a telepathic distress call from a Medeusan freighter in the Ort cloud,” announced Lieutenant Solon “It is under attack by Skrrr pirates.”

“Are the Medeusans aware of this?” asked Data.

“The Hobtnica is close enough to receive it,” replied Lieutenant Solon “The other ships are unaware of it.”

“Alert the Medeusans of the attack,” commanded Data. “Tell them we are on our way to assist.”

“Aye sir,” replied Lieutenant Solon.

“Engage cloak,” ordered Data.

“Aye sir,” replied Lieutenant Pram
“Set course for the source of the distress call, Warp 9” ordered Data.

“Aye sir,” replied Lieutenant Hex. “Setting course for 23 by 57 by 92.”

“When we arrive, disengage the cloak and raise shields immediately,” ordered Data. “Engage.”

The phase cloak eliminated the threat of micrometeorites so they were able to go straight there in seconds. They were almost there, when they suddenly dropped out of warp. On the screen could be seen three small ships, a larger ship and 27 fighter craft that were attacking the larger ship.

“Lieutenant, why did you drop us out of warp short of our target?” asked Data.

“It was not my doing,” replied Lieutenant Pram. “We just suddenly dropped out of warp.”

“Sensors indicate that the Skrrr ships are generating a field that prevents the formation of warp bubbles,” explained Lieutenant Commander Kim.

“Skrrr fighters are armed with cannons,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “No shields or phasers on any of the Skrrr ships.”

“We shall have to take the fight to them,” suggested Commander Worf.

“We may very well have to,” agreed Data. “But procedure requires us to attempt a peaceful resolution. Drop cloak, raise shields and open a channel.”

“Aye sir,” replied Lieutenants Pram and Solon.

“Skrrrr ships, this is the USS Argos from the United Federation of Planets,” began Data. “The Medeusans are now members of our Federation. You will cease your attacks on the freighter and disengage from combat.”

“They are breaking off their attack on the Medeusan Freighter and making an attack run on us,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “Their weapons can not penetrate our shields.”

“Target the engines of one of the ships and fire phasers,” commanded Data. “Fire.”

“Direct hit, the ship is disabled,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “Fighters are intensifying their attacks. A Medeusan ship is approaching us at Warp 8. . . its is the Hobtnica.”

Suddenly, the Medeusan ship dropped out of warp nearby.

“Fighters are disengaging from us,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “They have switched their attack run to the Hobtnica.”

“Sensors indication the Medeusans are engaging their transporter,” reported Lieutenant Commander Kim.

There was a sudden flash of a warhead going off in the middle of the Skrrr fighter formation.

“Eighteen Skrrr fighters destroyed,” reported Lieutenant Commander Kim. “The remaining nine are firing on the Hobtnica. Moderate damage. Medeusans are engaging their transporter again.”

There was a flash as one of the three Skrrr ships exploded.

“Skrrr fighters are breaking off,” reported Lieutenant Schist. “They are returning to their remaining ship. The Skrrr ship has grappled their disabled ship. Skrrr are withdrawing.

“Captain, I have received a telepathic hail from the Medeusans,” reported Worf.

“Lieutenant Solon, tell them to switch to subspace communication and put them on the screen,” commanded Data.

“The septapoid Medeusan bridge appeared on the screen. Various parts of the Medeusan Captain were rapidly changing various colours as he spoke ‘out loud’ which the universal translator was converting into audible speech.

“My . . I can see you! . . . This is is most odd!” said the Medeusan Captain. “I wish the thank the Great One’s ship for his assistance.”

(On this ship, I am merely the Councilor who helps the crew deal with emotional issues) telepathically sent Councilor Đaimz, before saying our loud. “Captain Data is the commander of this ship.”

“Apologies, Captain Data,” replied the Medeusan Captain. “Apparently, our membership in the Federation is already bearing fruit.”

“Captain, I am receiving an urgent message from Starfleet Command,” announced Lieutenant Solon. “A Cylon ship has jumped in to the Kobol system.”

“They are too far away for us to aid now,” replied Worf.

“That is correct,” said Data. “What ever happens, we will be too late to affect the outcome by the time we return.”

“This is why we asked for the Pugita to help guard that system,” Data explained to the Medeusan Captain. “Our Federation is spread over such a large area, that ships would not be able to respond to emergencies at warp. Therefore, we are making certain that each member world has a nearby ship to protect it.”


Captain’s log, Stardate 57567.7 - We have finished our initial induction of the Medeusans into the Federation and are returning to Kobol with the Medeusan Delegate to the Federation Council. We have also received word that Vulcan has decided to accept our invitation to join the Federation. We are therefore stopping by there on our way to Kobol so that we can transport the vulcan Delegate too. As new members of the Federation, Talos and Visalayan will each send a ship to help defend Vulcan should the need arise.


Deep Space - USS Argos - First Officer’s Office

Lieutenant Gaius Baltar pushed the alert button and entered the room when the door opened. Commander Worf and Lieutenant Solon were already in the room. Worf was sitting behind his desk and Lieutenant Solon was standing next to him.

“You asked to see me sir?” asked Baltar.

“First of all, I wish to congratulate you on your recent wedding,” Greeted Worf.

“Thank you sir,” replied Baltar.

“Did you do a Colonial religious wedding?” asked Worf.

“Actually, just before the Argos arrived, I made contact with a group of monotheists,” explained Baltar. “In fact I was with them the first time you met me . . . and stunned me. Anyway, they were able to help us plan a traditional monotheist Colonial wedding. Natasi is a monotheist, you know.”

“And did you bring your wife as I requested?” asked Worf.

“Yes, she’s right here with me,” replied Baltar, as he put his arm around her, which looked like nothing to Worf’s eyes.

“Lieutenant Solon, if you could make her visible now, so that we can all speak with her,” commanded Worf.

Solon reached into Baltar’s mind, and made what he was seeing visible to all of them. Natasi appeared, looking like a model Six Cylon wearing a low cut red dress and high heeled shoes.

“Greetings Mrs Baltar,” said Worf. “The Captain asked me to call you here so that we can make some inquiries about your people.”

“I’ll be glad to help in anyway I can,” purred Natasi.

“Your people call yourselves Daemons, correct?” asked Worf.

“Yes,” purred Natasi, as she played with a strand of her hair.

“And you each attach yourselves to a person that you offer advice to?”

“Yes,” purred Natasi, as she started running her finger along Baltar’s arm.

“Are you and Ratlab this only Daemons in the Galaxy?” asked Worf.

“No there are many of us,” purred Natasi. “We have visited many of the worlds through out the galaxy ever since we were forced into time.”

“What do you mean by that: ‘forced into time’” asked Worf.

“We used to exist outside of time,” explained Natasi. “But there was a civil war amongst our people and the winners forced us out of the Celestial Temple and into time. Ever since then, we have been roaming the galaxy offering advice to those who need it.”

Worf stood and and walked over to his wall screen. He had a bad feeling about who and what she might be.

“Computer, display star charts, centered on Bajoran system,” commanded Worf, before a star chart appeared on the screen. “Can you point to me where your people come from?”

Natasi walked over to the large wall screen and exclaimed: “Oh! You’ve got the Celestial Temple marked on your chart!” as she pointed at the location of the Bajoran wormhole.

With a sinking feeling, he realized his fears were justified. And worse, Bajor was close to the location of Kobol.
Sign up to rate and review this story