Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 28: arrivals

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57588.8 - We approaching the planet Kobol

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-03 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1613 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 28: arrivals

Captain’s log, Stardate 57588.8 - We approaching the planet Kobol with two new Delegates for the Federation Council representing our two newest member worlds, Vulcan and Visalayan. I have asked Fleet Admiral Adama to appoint Lieutenant Hex to the Federation Council as the Starfleet delegate and after explaining my reasons, he has agreed to my request.

Kobol - Athens - Spaceport

The transporter beam materialized them onto the tarmac: Captain Data, Delegate Hex from Starfleet, Delegate Žižić for Visalayan, and Delegate Sokor of Vulcan.
The full Federation Council were waiting for them, along with President Roslin and Fleet Admiral Adama.

“Gods! And I thought the Talosians were alien!” mumbled Roslin at the sight of the Medeusan Delegate.

“Be tolerant,” warned Adama, in a whisper. “They’re full members of the Federation now.”

“Council of the Federation, it is my duty to present the new members of the Federation and their Delegates,” began Data. “Replacing Delegate Đaimz as the Star Fleet Delegate is: Đžona Hex from the Planet Trill.”

He stepped forward and shook hands with the other Delegates except Sokra, the Talosian delegate, whom he nodded his head at.

“Delegate Žižić is the Medeusan representative from the Planet Visalayan,” said Data.

The Medeusan stepped forward on four of his tentacles, and changed colours on patches of his skin as his universal translator turned those colours into sound.

“It is good to know you,” said Žižić, as he reached forward and touched each of them on the heart, establishing brief telepathic contact at the same time, an act that was only noticed by the Talosian and Borg Delegates.

“Delegate Sokor from the planet Vulcan,” introduced Data.

Lee Adama, who had studied ahead of time, raised his hand in the Vulcan Salute and said “Peace and Long Life.”

“Live Long and Prosper,” returned Sokor.

Arron Five and 1 of 6 repeated the Kobol Delegate’s actions. The Talosian Delegate said the words, but nodded his head instead of making the salute.

“It is disagreeable to see you again,” said Scipi, the Tarquinian Delegate.

“We make peace with our enemies, not our friends,” replied Sokor. “Your presence almost kept us out.”

“Almost . . .” replied Scipi. “We had the wisdom to join first.”

“In the end, Surok convinced us that we would be better with you that separate,” said Sokor.

“We’re never coming back,” snarled Scipi “We have our own planet now! We are our own people!”

“And all of Vulcan wishes you success in your endeavor to build a new life for your people,” replied Surak.

“I just wanted to introduce myself,” said Roslin, grabbing Sokor’s hand and dragging him away. “I’m Laura Roslin, President of Kobol. Peace and Long Life.”

“Live long and Prosper,” replied Sokor, making the Vulcan salute.

“We’re happy to have you will us,” said Roslin. “The Argos crew often speak of how important your people were to the Federation.”

“The deciding factor for us is that we need help cleaning up the aftermath of the war which devastated our planet,” replied Sokor. “We were promised help with that if we joined.”

“Our home worlds suffered similarly,” replied Adama. “The Cylons may have driven us away, but now they have to clean up the worlds that took possession of.”

“Recently, we used a genesis device on one of our worlds, Earth,” said Roslin. “But in order to test it, we had to use it on another world in the same system. I’m told it went well and has opened up a new world, available for Federation members to colonize. It is a little warmer than our people find comfortable. Perhaps some of your people could start a colony there?”

“We would be interested in that,” said Sokor. “However, We have no way of traveling there. The followers of Tarquin took all of our interstellar ships with them when they left.”
“Well, our people have a variety of ships that could be used to transport things for you,” offered Roslin. “I think we should set up a trade.”


Cyrannus System (former 12 Colonies) - Caprica orbit - Basestar Styx - C&C

“Dradis contact!” reported Lieutenant Bennett Five, whose hand was in the tray. “It’s Base ships . . . I count 36 of them, 15 of them are Guardian Base ships.”

“Open a channel to them,” commanded Captain Lucy Three. Like all the command staff she had her hand in the tray that linked her to the others of her model. Even after joining Starfleet, the controls were still set up for the Cylon collective control system. “Let’s see what they want.”

“Unidentified Base Ships, what is your purpose for coming here?” asked Lieutenant Helfer Six.

“I’ve come to take back control,” said the voice of a model One over the radio.

“Cavil?” asked Captain Lucy Three. “Is that you?”

“You bet your sweet ass it‘s me,” replied Cavil over the radio. “And I brought some friends!”

“Send a subspace message to Kobol,” commanded Captain Lucy Three. “Let the Admiral know what is happening here. All base ships, we are under attack by non-Federation Cylons. Form up on me and launch all Raiders.”


Kobol - Athens - Starfleet Command - Fleet Admiral Adama’s office

Fleet Admiral William Adama was catching up on some paperwork when Lieutenant Bamber rushed into the room.

“Admiral, we just received a subspace message from Caprica,” said Lieutenant Bamber. “The Cylons are under attack by the Cylons that didn’t want to make peace with us.”

“All right,” said Adama. “Let’s go into the war room so I can get a full sit-rep.”

Once he had looked at the text of the call and the positions of the various Starfleet assets, he put in a call to the Argos.

“Argos here,” said Captain Data over the subspace connection.

“Captain Data, Caprica is under attack,” said Adama. “I’m ordering you to remain here with the Zeus and defend Kobol in case they attack here too. I’m taking the Galactica and Tartarus to aid them. I’m sending you a list of personnel from your ship. I want all of them and myself beamed to the Galactica flight deck except Ensign Stoik, who I want beamed to Command and Control on the Tartarus.”

“Aye sir,” replied Captain Data, before executing his orders.

When they materialized on Galactica’s flight deck, Adama started giving orders:

“Starbuck! I want you in a Viper ready to launch and soon as we jump in,” ordered Adama. “Boomer, I want you in the Shuttlecraft, ready to fly. Lieutenant Schist, I’ll need you to take command of security in case there are boarders. Make sure all the MACOS have a pistol with explosive rounds and a phaser rifle set to disintegrate. Lieutenant Nog, you’re with her. Lieutenant Solon, you’ll be with me. I need you to telepathically relay orders to the other ships and to relay my orders to Ensign Stoik on the Tartarus. While we’re walking to C&C connect me to Captain Agathon.

“(Aye Sir,) sent Lieutenant Solon, telepathically, before connecting Adama’s mind to Helo’s.

(Captain Agathon can you hear me?) thought Adama.

(Admiral?) thought Helo. (How are you doing this?)

(I’m using Lieutenant Solon to relay our thoughts between each other) thought Adama. (I’ve sent you a Talosian, Ensign Stoik. He can help you relay orders around the ship if you lose touch with a section. Open your mind and let the Talosians stay in constant contact so things will run more smoothly.)

(Aye sir,) thought Helo.

When he walked into C&C Commander Dualla called out: “Admiral on the Deck!”

“At ease everyone,” Commanded Adama. “You’ve all served under my command before. But Captain Gaeta is your commanding officer now. I am not here to replace him. I am here to command the fleet, not this one ship. So carry our your duties as you normally would. We’re about to go into battle to protect the Caprica from the Cylons that refused to make peace with us. The people of Caprica are not the enemy! They are Federation citizens! They are our people now and we need to protect them!”

(Captains Gaeta and Agathon, prepare your ships to jump) thought Adama.

“Prepare to Jump!” commanded Captain Gaeta.

Cyrannus System (former 12 Colonies) - Caprica orbit

After multiple Jumps, the Galactica and Tartarus appeared in a scene of mass chaos! Multiple base ships were shooting missiles at each other, while their Raiders tried to shoot the incoming missiles down and shoot each other to prevent that. There were both modern and old style Base ships as well as modern and old style raiders flying about. The only ships with any kind of organized tactics were a trio of Base ships in the center of the chaos, fighting together as a single unit.

“Dradis contact!” reported Lieutenant Colicos. “I count 20 Base ships with Federation transponders. Three of them have names: the Styx, Charon and Lethe. The rest of them have numbers. 30 unfriendly Base ships. Seven of them are the old Type used in the original Cylon war.”

“Lieutenant Hatch, send me a subspace message to the Hermes, find out how much further out they are,” commanded Adama. (Lieutenant Solon, connect me to whoever is in charge of all the friendly Base ships.)

“Hermes reports that they are still two hours away at warp 4,” reported Lieutenant Hatch.

“That will be too late to help us,” mused Adama. “Order them to go to maximum warp for as long as they can without damaging the engines. Now let’s see if we can Even the odds a bit. . .”
Sign up to rate and review this story