Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 29: the Battle of Caprica

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57589.9 - The Cylons who refused to give up their war with us have attacked the Federation planet Caprica,

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer,Starbuck,William Adama - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2022-04-03 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1683 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 29: the Battle of Caprica

Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57589.9 - The Cylons who refused to give up their war with us have attacked the Federation planet Caprica, which is inhabited mostly by Cylons that have made peace with us and joined the Federation. I have taken the Galactica and the Tartarus to aid them. Captain Lucy Three has organized the Basestars Styx, Charon and Lethe into a cohesive battle group, the rest of the Base ships are fighting in no organized formation on either side.

Caprica Orbit - Battlestar Galactica - C&C

“Bring the ship to Red Alert,” ordered Captain Gaeta.

“Red Alert!” called out Commander Dualla over the ship-wide PA. “Launch All Vipers, All personnel man battle stations.”

(Lieutenant Solon, connect me to the Base ship commanders) thought Adama.

(Contact has been made,) reported Lieutenant Solon, telepathically.

(To All Federation Base ships, This is Fleet Admiral Adama. I am taking charge of the fleet. Do not be alarmed. I am contacting you via telepathy. Please make all communication with me via your thoughts. It is secure from the enemy. We’re bringing the Fleet together. All Base ships, move into formation with either the Styx or the Galactica, which ever is closer) thought Adama.

“Vipers launched,” reported Dualla.

“Send out the Shuttlecraft and the Raptors next,” ordered Gaeta. “Have all side guns intercept any missile the Cylons send our way. Has the crew gotten to the Torpedo launcher?”

“They are there now,” reported Dualla.

The photon torpedo launcher was a recent addition to the Galactica, which was not designed for it. As result, It was mounted on the ships back, outside the ship. The crew that operated it had to wear flight suits and leave the ship via airlock after the jump in order to get to the torpedo launcher.

“I want the Galactica’s group to link up with the Styx’s,” said Adama. “Clear us a path to get there.”


Starbuck yelled with exhilaration as she wove her Viper through the enemy Raiders attempting to intercept any missiles the enemy Base ships shot at the Galactica, while also fending off attempts by enemy raiders to shoot her down. The modern Raiders were as fast and only slightly less maneuverable than her Viper. The old style Raiders were much slower and less maneuverable than her. They made up for it in numbers. While ‘Wrongway’ was leading the squadron of Vipers, she was a rouge agent weaving in and out of the other fighters too fast for the Cylons to predict and confusing them about the other Vipers.

Boomer’s hands flew over the touch-pads of the Shuttlecraft’s controls and she tried her best to bank and weave through the mess. The shuttlecraft was no where near as maneuverable as a Viper, or even a modern Raider. But it was much faster than them. Still, she was being repeatedly nailed by the enemy Raiders, who were unable to penetrate her shields. While she was flying through this, her co-pilot, a Telarite named: Lieutenant Pua’a, was firing the phasers, attempting the intercept any missiles that the Viper screen or the Galactica’s side cannons failed to stop.

The Tartarus traveled to the Left and slightly be behind the Galactica, as they plowed their way through the battle. The Basestar had launched all it’s Raiders and was using them to screen them from enemy missiles and Raiders, while they traded missiles with the enemy base ships and prepared to fire their own photon torpedoes at the enemy. They only had six. The photon torpedoes were a new addition to the Base ship’s armament.

The Raptors had been modified with advanced sensors. Their job was to relay information on enemy movements to the Galactica, who would keep the other ships updated via a live feed.

“Looks like we’ve got an opening to that base ship,” reported Dualla.

“Then let’s try out these new photon torpedoes we have,” ordered Gaeta. “Fire one at the Base ship.”

“Firing photon torpedo one,” called out Dualla. “It exploded short!”

“Must have hit a Raider,” mused Adama.

“Not yet Galactica!” said Starbuck over the radio. “We still haven’t cleared them out yet.”

(We’re been hit with a boarding pod.) thought Captain Karl ‘Helo’ Agathon.

(Have you sent MACOS to deal with it?) though Adama.

(They’re on their way there now,) thought Helo.
“Boarding pod!” called out Lieutenant Colicos.

“I’m on it,” said Boomer over the radio, as she guided her shuttlecraft to intercept it.

Lieutenant Pua’a targeted it with the shuttlecraft’s phasers and fired, destroying it.

“Boarding pod destroyed,” reported Boomer.

“Here’s another one!” called out Lieutenant Colicos.

“Boarding pod destroyed by side cannons, reported Dualla. “There’s another one!”

“Dammit! I fucking (untranslatable) missed!” cried Pua’a. “What the (untranslatable)
frakin’ hell are you doing!”

“I had to veer off or I would have collided with those Raiders!” yelled back Boomer. “Coming back around . . . . “

“Got it!” cheered Pua’a, as he hit the pod that was already attached to Galactica.

“The Boarding pod was destroyed, but I think they already boarded before we hit it,” reported Boomer.

“Attention all hands, we may have boarders, deck three, section 31,” announced Dualla over the PA.

“You heard her, let’s go,” ordered Lieutenant Schist, as she set out with her teams of MACOS.

“I’ve got you another hole!” called out Starbuck as she drew the Raiders out of the way.

“Fire a photon torpedo at the base ship in front of us. ,” ordered Gaeta.

“Firing torpedo . . . . Hit! Base ship destroyed,” reported First Officer Dualla.

Lieutenant Zoe Park had been a Centurion. But she had undergone the transformation so that she now had the body of a model Eight Cylon. Nearly all the former Centurions took Zoe as their first name and didn’t take the model number of their body type as a name. She’d joined the crew of the Tartarus and worked her way up to being Chief of Security. Now there were enemy Centurions stalking the corridors of her ship and she was hunting them down leading her squad of former Centurians in human form.

“Target destroyed,” reported Athena when she confirmed that their photon torpedo had destroyed the Base ship.

“Lieutenant Nog, take these four down that way,” ordered Lieutenant Schist via the universal translator on the Horta’s back. “Try to come up behind them.”

(Now that we’re all together, set up a perimeter,) thought Fleet Admiral Adama, which the Talosian was telepathically relaying to the commanders of all the Base ships. (Don’t let any of the enemy in. Galactica, take the lead)

“Firing torpedo . . . . Frak! We hit a Raider!” said Dualla.

“At least all the Raiders in that area are cleared out,” observed Gaeta. “Fire another one.”

“Firing torpedo . . . . Base ship destroyed,” reported First Officer Dualla. “That’s our last one.”

“Then we’ll have to go back to using nukes,” replied Gaeta.

“Speaking of which, we’re got another incoming one,” reported Lieutenant Colicos. “Radiological Alarm!”

“The Vipers got it,” reported Dualla.

“Shields at 20%” reported Boomer.

“We can’t keep taking hits,” observed Lieutenant Pua’a. “We’ll have to go back to the barn and give the shields a chance to regenerate before we can come back out here.”

“Aye sir,” replied Boomer. “Returning back to Galactica.”

“They’re not far,” announced Lieutenant Schist. “I can feel them on the deck plates. “Now remember, those of you with phasers, you’re set to disintegrate. Shoot the Centurions, not the bulkheads or me. Same goes for you with explosive bullets. Those things can kill me just as easily as they can Centurions.”

By now, the humans could hear the metal footsteps of the approaching Centurions.

“Get ready,” warned Lieutenant Schist.

When the Centurions came around the corner, a phaser beam lanced out and disintegrated it. The next one came around with gun drawn and firing. One of the MACOS went down and some of the bullets bounced off Lieutenant Schist. But the Cylons didn’t need their bullets to be explosive to kill humans, so they were just firing ordinary bullets, to which, the Horta was immune.

The MACOS were firing back with phasers and explosive bullets. One of the Centurions charged, managing to dodge the bullets and beams. Lieutenant Schist counter charged and knocked the Centurion down and climbed on top of it before secreting acid that melted her foe.

Suddenly, phaser and bullets started hitting the Centurion from the other side, distracting them enough that Lieutenant Schist’s squad is able to finish them off.

“We met the bottom line,” said Nog as he led his squad past the dead Centurions after the shooting stopped.

“Target hit,” reported Dualla, after one of their nukes hit the enemy Base Ship.

Fleet Admiral winced. One of the Drawbacks of being in telepathic contact was feeling someone die. He could only imagine how much worse it was for Lieutenant Solon, who was make the connection between him and the Cylon commanders. They were destroying enemy Base ships, but their Base ships were blowing up too. And Cavil had started with more ships. His tactics were decreasing his losses, but not eliminating them. They were going to lose . . .

“New Dradis contact,” called out Lieutenant Colicos. “Ship comming our of warp, Talosian configuration, Federation transponder. It’s the Hermes!”

Phasers began shooting out of the Talosian ship as it came out of warp. They raked across the the Base ship penetrating it’s tylium tank. It was a lucky shot. But the enemy Base ship had blown up after a single shot.

“Crap, they brought one of those super ships!” exclaimed Cavil. “Jump us out of here!”

“But what about the other ships?” asked Five.

“They can come too,” agreed Cavil. “But they better get a move on!”

Most of the enemy Base ships jumped away. Some were too damaged to jump. One of the old Guardian Base ships still had radio and were able to voice their surrender.
Sign up to rate and review this story