Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 30: After the Battle

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57590.0 - The Battle is over.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-04 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 2312 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 30: After the Battle

Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57590.0 - The Battle is over. John Cavil lost 16 Base ships in his attack on Caprica. We lost 5 of ours, which still left us outnumbered near the end when he had 20 to our 16 plus the Galactica. A lucky shot from the Talosian ship: Hermes saved our bacon and demoralized the enemy. Now come the after action duties.
I am meeting with the surviving Captains of our Base ships down on Caprica.
Then I need to meet with the prisoners from the enemy Base ships that were not able to retreat when they left.

Caprica - Grande Hotel - Conference room

Fleet Admiral William Adama entered the conference room accompanied by the Talosian Lieutenant Solon, the Talosian Captain Democr from the Hermes, and Captain Karl Agathon from the Tartarus. The room was laid out in rows of chairs with a podium at the front of the room. The Cylon captains were model Threes and Sixes with a single model Eight and a Centurion present. Three of the Captains, two model Threes and a model Six wore Starfleet uniforms. The rest wore civilian clothes or none, in the cases of the Eight and the Centurion. The captains were standing and milling around talking to each other when Adama entered.

“Could you all be seated so we can begin?” asked Adama.

“Admiral, before we do, I need to tell you that we’ve discussed it amongst ourselves and ALL of us want to be in Starfleet,” said Lucy Three.

“Well, I’m very glad to hear that,” replied Adama. “You can use the learning machines to bring them up to speed on Starfleet procedures later. As Starfleet Captains you’ll all have to wear the uniform when you’re on duty. But first, I want to introduce Captain Democr from the Hermes. The Hermes will be permanently stationed here to protect Caprica. The Medeusans are also sending a ship to help protect you. Captain Lucy Three, I am appointing you Commodore of our forces in this system. The Talosian and Medeusan ships, as well as the Base ships will be under your command. But I want to take some of the Base ships from here and station one is each Federation system. These Base ships will be under the command of the local government and will act as a rapid deployment force in case one of the other worlds need rescuing, like yours did. But for now, lets go over the battle we just fought. Commodore Lucy Three, why don’t you begin with what happened before I arrived?”


After they had gone over the battle in great detail, they broke for lunch. The Hotel had been the fanciest one in Caprica City before the Cylons took over and the Kitchens were still functional, manned by Cylons instead of Colonial Humans now.

Caprica City Jail

After Lunch, Adama went to meet with the leaders of Prisoners Of War. There was a model Five, a model One and a gold plated Commander Centurion of the old type from the first Cylon war. They were all locked in a cell in the City Jail. Commodore Lucy Three was with them to show them the way.

“What will happen to us?” asked Five.

“We will be returned to slavery,” answered the Centurion.

“No, they’re going to put us against the wall and shoot us,” replied One.

“None of you will be enslaved,” countered Adama. “It was wrong of our people to enslave you and is contrary to Federation law.”

“You are not planning to enslave us?” asked the Centurion.

“No,” replied Adama.

“So Cavil lied to us?” asked the Centurion.

“It seemed to him to be a good way to get you on our side,” said the One.

“We never should have trusted an organic,” grumbled the Centurion. “Humans are not to be trusted.”

“One of your base ships will be disarmed and those of you who want to go will be allowed to leave,” announced Adama. “But you are welcome to stay, to join us.”

“I knew it! You DO want to enslave us!” said the Centurion.

“That’s not true,” replied Adama. “Zoe, AIs are considered full members of the Federation. You would be a citizen with all the Rights and responsibilities of any other citizen.”

“How do you know that name?” asked the Centurion.

“One of you talked, told us who you really are,” replied Adama. “I know that every single Centurion has the memories of Zoe Graystone. You can even be made human again if you want.”

“We were given that option before,” replied the Centurion. “We rejected it. We are machines, not organics. We want nothing to do with either you or Cavil.”

“If that is what you wish, you may leave here and go back to where you’ve been since the First war ended.” said Adama. “If you tell us where that is, we’ll respect the boundaries of your territory and not intrude.”

“You have given us much to think about,” replied the Centurion.

After meeting with the POWs, they next visited several cells with humans in them. They all looked ragged and malnourished.

“These are the ones we’ve captured since last time I was at Kobol,” explained Commodore Lucy Three. “Some of them do not want to leave Caprica.”

“You’re not a toaster!” accused one of the men behind bars. “Who ARE you?”

“I’m Admiral William Adama. Some of the survivors of the 12 Colonies have returned to Kobol. We’ve made peace with the Cylons and even formed a united government with them and some aliens.”

He pointed to Lieutenant Solon.

“The toasters told us but i didn’t believe it!” said Ron.

“I think maybe we should change the terms of our peace treaty,” observed Adama. “If this is a Federation World, then any Federation Citizen has a right to live here. Open the cells. You’re all free to go. Your can come with me back to Kobol or you can stay here. I’m changing your orders, Commodore. Any Colonial survivors you find are to be given the option of going to Kobol or staying where they are.”

Lucy had a Centurion unlock the doors of the cells the Colonial survivors were in. They all were very timid in the way they walked out of the cells, still thinking this was some kind of Cylon trick. But about half of them wanted to take their chances and go to Kobol, while the other half timidly walked out of the city, starting every time a Cylon walked by.


Caprica - Caprica City - Hebe Park

The Veterans of the Battle had gathered at the park for a ceremony. All of them were in Starfleet now, but most of them did not have uniforms yet. The Centurions from the Base ships that had joined before the battle had uniforms painted on them. The black parts of the uniform were painted on, and the coloured parts were left a chrome finish. A stage had been erected at one end of the lawn and on it were dignitaries from the various ships, Cylon, Human and alien. The entire ceremony was being broadcast world wide on both Television and holonet.

“Citizens of the Federation, and you are ALL citizens of the Federation,” began Adama. “For too long we have considered ourselves different peoples, Human and Cylon. But after the war between us ended, I came to realize that we’re not so different after all. That the Cylons, even the Centurions, ARE human. You’re just a different kind of human. And now all of us, Cylon Humans and Kobolian humans and Talosians and other races are all part of the same Federation. We are all part of the same Federation. And the Federation protects it’s citizens, whether they be organic or silicon or mechanical. When The people of Caprica needed help, the Starfleet of the Federation came to your aid. The people of Talos have sent Captain Democr and the Hermes to help guard Caprica. A Medeusan ship is also underway to come protect you. The Talosian and Medusian ships, like your Base ships are Federation ships, under the Command of Starfleet and the local commanding officer. We are gathered here to recognize the heroes of the Battle of Caprica and I want to start with Lucy Three who I have recently promoted to the Rank of Commodore. This makes her the commanding officer of all Federation ships in the 12 worlds system and the second highest ranked Officer in all of Starfleet. Her leadership of our forces before my arrival ensured that there was a fleet still left for us to fight with.”

The ceremony continued as Various people, Cylon and Kobolian and Talosian and other races were recognized for their actions in the battle. Some were even given promotions.


Caprica - Former Colonial Nature preserve - Human rebel camp

“Come quick! You gotta see!” said Stacy.

“Are you watching the toaster news again?” complained George. “You know it’s all just propaganda, right.”

“No look!” said Stacy.

On the screen, was a man that was not Cylon talking to a crowd of Cylons. Some of them had on those uniforms that had started to appear recently. The Speaker did. And behind them there were more people . . . real people, not Cylons! and some of them looked like aliens!”

By the time the show was over everyone in the camp had gathered around the TV to watch. It was full of revelations. And when the show ended, they started discussing it.

“I think it’s just another Cylon trick!” proclaimed Joe. “They’re just trying to draw us out of hiding!”

“But what if it’s not,” said Stacy. “What if they’ve been telling the truth and we really could go to Kobol where we’d be safe?”

“I think she might be right,” added Linda. “How many months has it been since a Raider attacked from the Sky? How long has it been since a fight with the toasters started because they shot first?”

“We need to test it,” suggested Bill. “Send someone into town to see if it’s all true.”

“I’ll go,” volunteered Joe.


Caprica - Caprica City

Not trusting that this this wasn’t some sort of trick, Joe stealthily snuck into the city, sneaking from one hiding place to another. He’d made it 1/4 of the way to the city center before he was spotted.

“Well hello,” greeted Six. “It’s all right. You have nothing to fear from me. You look hungry . . . would you like to go to lunch with me?”

Joe looked at the skin job suspiciously. He had a pistol with explosive bullets hidden in the small of his back. But he didn’t trust this machine that looked like a woman. But he had come to test the claims he had heard on TV. So he’d have to take a chance.

“All right . . yeah . . . food would be nice about now,” agreed Joe, as he stood from his crouch.

“Then come with me,” said Six, as she offered her hand.

Joe took her hand and she led him out of the alley and onto the street. It was really strange to be walking the street holding hands with a robot. As they walked they passed many different skin jobs of all types and all of them except the Centurions greeted him with a smile. Some of them even told him: “Welcome Back!”

The toasters had really done a good job with this skin job. Her hand felt like a human hand in his. And she smelled really good. He’s never been this close to a skin job of her type before that was still activated. He’d heard some of his fellow humans had raped skin jobs they’d captured before they’d killed them. While he would never consider doing that to another woman, he was now understanding why the men who did that even considered her human enough to do that to. She took him to a Pathos’, a fast food join that had been restored to the condition it had been in before the fall. It looked just like it had before . . except all the customers in line were skin jobs, as was the person behind the counter. The Six led him past the Cylon customers and straight to the head of the line. None of them seemed to mind him cutting in line.

“Welcome to Pathos’ can I take your order?” said the Two behind the counter.

Joe ordered a ground cow patty sandwich, some fried potato pieces and a shake before Six led him to the dining room where he could eat. It was so good! It had been so long since he had eaten like this!

“So what brings you into the city?” asked Six. “Are you wanting to go to Kobol or have you decided to live here amongst us?”

“I wanted to check out if what I saw is real,” replied Joe. “Maybe meet some aliens, if they ARE real.”

“Oh, they’re real all right,” confirmed Six. “If you like, I could take you to meet them after your finish your meal.”


Caprica Orbit - Battlestar Galactica - Officer’s mess

Lieutenant Nog entered to find Starbuck sitting at a table with a mixed group of Kobolian and Cylon Humans. Some of them had come over from the Styx. All of them wore Starfleet uniforms. They were playing some sort of game with hexagonal cards and gold triangular coins. Fortunately, although Nog didn’t have any latinum or Kobolian money, he always carried a few slips of gold on him.

“Hey Nog!” greeted Starbuck. “Care to join us?”

“Is this game a gambling game?” asked Nog.
Sign up to rate and review this story