Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 31: Found

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57590.1 - The Fleet Admiral has taken the Galactica and the Tartarus to defend Caprica,

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-04 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 1925 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 31: Found

Captain’s log, Stardate 57590.1 - The Fleet Admiral has taken the Galactica and the Tartarus to defend Caprica, leaving the Argos and Zeus here to defend Kobol. I have recalled all six of our Raiders back from their usual mission of long range scouting and assigned them to patrol the perimeter of the Kobol system. Although to Borg Raiders have been modified not to have weapons, they have been given enhanced sensors that normal allow them to gather information about distant worlds and are now being used to watch for intruding ships.

Kobol Orbit - USS Argos

“Captain, (Raider) Ensign 2 of 6 reports that it has detected a small ship jumping into the Ort cloud . . . it is a Raptor.” said Ensign Betsa, who was filling in as Communications Officer.”

“Send them a hail, Ensign,” replied Captain Data.

“There is no response,” reported the Einar Communications Officer. “Ensign 2 of 6 asked if it should move closer to investigate further.”

“Negative Ensign, they may be a Colonial Raptor that has not yet had contact with the Federation,” replied Data. “Ensign Raider 2 of 6 is under no circumstances to approach the Raptor. Send one our Raptors to establish radio contact with them.”

“Aye sir,” replied the First officer, Commander Worf, before relaying orders to the Hanger Deck.

Kobol system Ort Cloud

The Raptor had been heavily modified since it had been brought aboard the Argos. It’s DRADIS and onboard computer had been completely replaced by duatronic computers with a modern sensor package and universal translator built into the Com system, which worked on both subspace and radio frequencies. It still had the dual auto-cannons. But its’ missiles had been replaced with a pair of photon torpedoes with single use launchers. These made it obvious to the naked eye that the Raptor had been altered. Worf has assigned Lieutenant Dram, and Andorian and Ensign Tabi, a Caittian to the Raptor. Once they were clear of the Argos Hanger Bay they used the Raptor’s Jump drive to rendezvous with the other Raptor.

“Raptor, please identify,” said Lieutenant Dram.

“This is Colonial Raptor 359 from the Odysey,” replied Jon ‘Small Hands’ Smytha. “Who the frak are you?”

“This is Federation Raptor 1 from the USS Argos,” replied Lieutenant Dram. “You are on the edge of a Federation System. May we be of assistance?”

“We heard some chatter amongst the toasters that made us think that the Galatica might be here,” replied Small-hands. “We’ve also heard chatter about some sort of federation, but we couldn’t tell if you are friend or foes of the toasters. This might be a Cylon trick. Come closer. I want to see if you are skin jobs.”

Lieutenant Dram piloted the Raptor closer, close enough that they could see each other through the front windows of their craft.

“WHAT THE FRAK ARE YOU!” screamed Small-hands, at the sight of a pair of beings who were obviously neither Human not Cylon.

“I am Lieutenant Dram. I am Andorian. Ensign Tabi is Caitian. We officers of the Starfleet of the United Federation of Planets. A multi-species organization of trade and mutual protection. The Galactica is one of the Ships of Starfleet. In fact we traded one of our shuttlecraft to Galactica for this Raptor I am in now. But The Galactica is not currently here. Fleet Admiral Adama took it to Caprica, which is currently under attack. The Argos can not leave it’s position as it is currently guarding Kobol. However if you would like to return with us, our Captain can better explain things to you.”

“Standby,” replied Small-hands, before he turned to his partner. “So what do you think.”

“If it’s a toaster trick, it’s a good one,” observed Margareta ‘Shorty’ Cody. “I say we take a chance.”

“Federation Raptor 1, we agree to go to your ship,” said Small-hands, once he turned the radio back on.


“It might be a good idea for some familiar faces to greet them,” suggested Councilor Đaimz, once Lieutenant Dram had reported back to them of their immanent arrival. “Perhaps some humans from the Colonies?”

When they jumped to the co-ordinates they had been given, they found two ships unlike anything they had ever seen orbiting a beautiful blue-green and white planet. They followed their instructions to the landing bay of the ship and were surprised to see people standing in the landing bay which was open to the vacuum of space. But when they crossed the threshold, they felt something. The other Raptor had landed next to them and the aliens from it were taking off the helmets of their flight suits, which looked Colonial. except the colours were different. Small-hands glanced over at the being who had come to greet them. There were both humans and aliens. There was a gold coloured alien, a box with the upper half of a human man sticking out of it, a woman with pointed ears and yellowish skin, and several normal looking Humans.

“I greet you in the name of the United Federation of Planets. I am Captain Data, the highest ranked officer on this ship. This is our ship’s Councilor: Đaimz, our Chief Medical Officer: Doctor Salar. These are Humans who were born in the 12 Colonies who have joined Starfleet and serve on the crew of this ship. You will have an opportunity to speak with them. But first you should know that the conflict between your peoples and the Cylons has ended. Both the Cylons and the Colonial Humans have joined our Federation. There are a few Cylon members of our crew and you may meet one of them on this ship. The survivors of the 12 Colonies have settled on Kobol, below us.”

“That was Kobol?” asked Shorty. “Kobol is real?”

“You bet it is,” replied Lieutenant Steev Cahlens. “I’ve been there on leave.”

The two Colonials spent a hour getting to know the people from this strange ship, both human and alien. The Councilor had been right, that the presence of the former colonial humans, being able to talk with them and assure them selves that they weren’t being held hostage had been reassuring for the Colonials. They were taken to the family Mess hall where they were fed. Seeing families, even alien ones made them more reassured. The Captain had long since left when Lieutenant Cahlens told them:

“You two look like you could use some rack time,” said Cahlens, with a grin. “Why don’t you go with Crewman Medi. She’ll show you to your rooms.”

“Hi! I’m Crewman Medi,” said the green woman, cheerfully. “But you can call me Medi. What’s your names?”

The green woman kept up a cheerful banter the whole way until they reached their destination.

“Are you two a couple?” asked Medi “Or do you want separate rooms?”

Small-hands and Shorty looked at each other. A bit of silent communication passed between them. They were not romantically involved. But they didn’t want to be separated. They still weren’t sure they could trust these strange people. Finally, Shorty voiced what they were both thinking.

“We’re not a couple,” said Margareta ‘Shorty’ Cody. “But for tonight, I think we’d like to share a room.”

Jon ‘Small Hands’ Smytha nodded his agreement.

“All right. We’ll put you in this room,” said Crewman Medi as she stopped at a door, pushed a button and the door slid open.

Inside was a luxurious room that was bigger than 3 barack rooms on the Odyssey. In had a double bed and a table with two chairs and windows from which they could see Kobol and lots of empty floor space. The strange green woman showed them how to use the sonic shower and bathroom facilities as well as the replicator. When she was done with the tour of the room she turned to them and said:

“Is there anything else I can do for you?”

She said this, right before she released a full blast of her pheromones.


Kobol Orbit - USS Argos - guest suite

Margareta ‘Shorty’ Cody awoke with a green arm around her. She couldn’t believe she done all that last night! She carefully crawled out of bed. She didn’t want to wake the other two. Stepping over to the window, she looked out at the planet below. They’d promised the two of them would get to go down there today. But first she’d want to test out the sonic shower. When she was done, she stepped out of the bathroom. Medi was gone but Small Hands was awake. Seeing him look at her made her feel self conscious. He’d seen her nude before. The head was co-ed on the Odyssey. So everyone had seen everyone else’s body as some point. But now, after what they had done last night, it was different. She could tell he was uncomfortable too.

“Last night never happened,” said Jon.

“Agreed!” said Margareta, as she grabbed her uniform and started pulling it on. “The head’s free.”

“Thanks” replied Jon, as he walked over to use the facilities himself.

While he was trying out the sonic shower, Margareta tried out the replicator.

“Coffee, black,” said Margareta to the hole in the wall, just before a cup of coffee appeared in it.

She tried out other things on the replicator. The table was covered in various dishes when Jon stepped out of the head. She was sitting with her back turned to him so he would have some privacy to get dressed while she ate.

“What’s all this?” asked Jon.

“I tried out the replicator,” replied Margareta. “It can make you fresh coffee if you like.”

Jon walked over to the replicator and ordered his own coffee before joining her for the best meal he had had since before the Fall of the Colonies.


Kobol Orbit - USS Argos - corridor outside the guest suite

When Crewman Medi stepped out of the guest suite, her supervisor, Lieutenant Sykron was waiting for her.

“You did not finish your duty shift,” the Vulcan chastised her.

“Aye sir, sorry sir,” replied Medi.

“Crewman, Starfleet is tolerant of the cultural differences between our member species,” began Lieutenant Sykron. “And I understand that promiscuity is a part of Orion culture. However, toleration of your culture does not give you the right the shirk your responsibilities.”

“No sir,” replied Medi

“Did you instruct them on how to clear out the air of their room?” asked Lieutenant Sykron.

“No sir,” replied Medi.

“Did you give them prior notice about your ability to release pheromones with aphrodisiacal properties?” asked Lieutenant Sykron.

“No sir,” replied Medi.

“So essentially, you have had a non-consensual encounter with our guests.” said Lieutenant Sykron.

“Yes sir,” replied Medi.

“Another reprimand will be placed on your record,” announced Lieutenant Sykron. “If they decide to press charges against you this could be the end of your Starfleet career. You will come with me.”

Crewman Medi followed her superior, her head downcast until she realized their destination.

“We’re not going to the brig!?!” asked Medi.

“I’m afraid so,” replied Lieutenant Sykron. “Perhaps another 24 hours in solitary confinement will get through to you.

“No! Please! I won’t do it again!” begged Medi. “I’m Orion! I can’t be alone for that long!”

“I know you find it uncomfortable, but it will not do you any lasting harm,” replied Lieutenant Sykron. “You have endured it before, you will survive it this time too.”
Sign up to rate and review this story