Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 32: The return of Adama

by selenepotter 0 reviews

Captain’s log, Stardate 57591.2 - Our guests from the Colonial ship: Odyssey will be touring Kobol today.

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: William Adama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-05 - Updated: 2022-04-06 - 2139 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 32: The return of Adama

Captain’s log, Stardate 57591.2 - Our guests from the Colonial ship: Odyssey will be touring Kobol today. I have assigned Lieutenant Junii the task of conducting their tour of the former Colonial world. As a Kobolian, he will better able to assure them of our intentions and answer any questions they may have. Fleet Admiral Adama plans return with Galactica and Tartarus today. He has ordered me to extend our guests tour of Kobol long enough for him to meet with them.


Kobol orbit - USS Argos - guest quarters

“That chirp was supposed to let you know I was asking to enter,” said Lieutenant Junii. “If you want to let me in, you say: ‘come’ or ‘enter’. I don’t know if you remember me from yesterday. But, I’m Mark Junii. I’ll be taking you down to kobol.”

“Alright, We’ll get our flight suits,” said Jon ‘Small Hands’ Smytha.

“That won’t be necessary,” replied Lieutenant Junii, “We’ll be transporting down.”

“What does that mean?” asked Margareta ‘Shorty’ Cody.

“You’ll see,” replied Junii, with a grin.

The led them to a room with a platform with a big circle and smaller circles within the larger one. They followed his instructions to stand on the smaller circles. When Junii said: ‘energize’ they suddenly felt themselves dissolve. They were both screaming when they appeared on the surface of a planet.

“Relax! You’re here now,” laughed Junii.

“What happened? Where are we?” asked Margareta ‘Shorty’ Cody.

“The transporter broke you down into energy, beamed you down to the planet, then reassembled you,” replied Junii. “Relax, I’ve done it every time I get leave down here. You’re on Kobol.

The two colonials were still patting themselves trying to make sure all their parts were there, when they spotted a familiar face walking down the street.

“Cylon!” yelled Jon, as he reached for his gun, only to remember that they had made him leave it on the Raptor.

The model Six Cylon heard him and walked over to him offering her hand.

“Hi. You must be new around here. I’m Helfer Six. Welcome to Kobol.”

“You let that thing walk around on Kobol!?!” Jon asked Junii.

“I’m NOT a thing!” snarled Helfer Six. “I’m a Cylon Human and a citizen of the Federation. “And I’d thank you to remember that.”

“She’s right,” said Junii. “When we made peace with the Cylons, some of them went back to Caprica, but some of them came here with us because they decided their loyalty was to us, not the Cylons. It’s something you’ll have to get used to if you want to be in Starfleet.”

“And if you can’t accept me . . .” said Helfer Six. “Well, there is a whole town full of people on the other continent that don’t want to live amongst Cylons or aliens. I’m sure they would welcome you there.”

Lieutenant Junii continued to give the two Colonial Warriors from the Odyssey a tour of the town of Athens, capital of both Kobol and the Federation. After several hours and a lunch at a Kobol restaurant, Lieutenant Junii’s com-badge chirped.

“Junii here,” he said after tapping the com-badge.

“The is Admiral Adama,” said a voice from the com-badge. “Bring our guests to my office.

Lieutenant Junii escorted them into Starfleet Command and the office of the Fleet Admiral.

Not knowing if they should, the two Colonial warriors came to attention and saluted him as soon as they entered his office. He stood and returned the salute. before returning to his chair.

“At ease,” began Fleet Admiral Adama. “I’m Bill Adama. I’m the Head of Starfleet. I took the liberty of drafting a letter for your CO.”

He took a page with the corners properly cut and and folded it before sticking it in an envelope and sealing it with wax into which he pressed an official seal of the Starfleet of the United Federation of Planets.

“I’m also made a video recording in the old format that says the same thing,” explained Adama. “If your CO is afraid to open it, tell him to use a computer that is not networked to the others and has its’ modem disconnected to open it. Do you understand my instructions?”

“Yes Sir!” they both replied.

“Good,” said Adama before pressing a button on his desk.

“Argos here,” said the voice of Captain Data.

“I’m sending them both back,” ordered Adama. “Have Lieutenant Sykron meet them in the transporter room to escort them back to their Raptor and send them on their way. You may transport when ready. Adama Out.”

Before they could say another word, they felt the tell tale tingling of the transporter beam.

Deep space

After a series of random jumps Raptor 359 took a roundabout route back to the Odyssey. When they finally made it back, they entered the small landing bay. The Odyssey was a Cruiserstar, a big gun platform. Essentially, it was a Battlestar without landing pods. But it did have a small landing bay big enough to hold a few Raptors. After they returned, they went straight to the Commander. She was in her office going over paperwork when the Marines let them end.

“What do you got for me?” asked Commander Penelope Illyria. “You wouldn’t be coming straight to me if it was just a routine scouting. Did the toasters have something interesting to say?”

“We found Kobol,” reported Small-Hands.

“And aliens!” added Shorty. “Don’t forget about the aliens!”

“There are people and Cylons and aliens all living together on Kobol,” explained Small-Hands. “There were a couple of ships, like nothing I’ve seen before, in orbit of Kobol. I got some gun camera footage of them. It wasn’t there when we arrived, but while we were there, the Galactica and a Cylon Base ship arrived. Admiral Adama gave us this letter and a video message for you.”

“Let me see this feldercarb!” said Commander Illyria, as she snatched the letter from him. After breaking the seal and reading it. She pronounced: “It’s a trick! It has to be a Cylon trick!”

She then inserted the tape into the player. She had a dedicated computer in her office that had no modem and was not connected to anything else. After a lag for the computer to read the information on the magnetic tape cassette, the video started playing:

“Commander Illyria,

This is William Adama. At the time of the Fall, I was Commander of the Battlestar Galactica. We managed to rescue the last survivor in the Presidential succession, Former Secretary of Education, Laura Roslin, who is now our President and we were able to rescue 50,000 survivors of the 12 colonies. President Roslin promoted me to Admiral. The Cylons continued to hunt us and those 50,000 became 30,000 before we were able to make peace with them. We met a ship full of aliens with superior technology who were able to help us negotiate that peace. As part of that peace, the Cylons got to keep the 12 colonies and we settled on Kobol. Our people came together and formed a United Federation of Planets and we had made contact with other alien races and added them to our Federation.
We, the people of Kobol were the least technologically advanced members of the Federation. So I made the decision to merge our forces and the alien ship into a combined Starfleet, of which, I was appointed Admiral of the Fleet.
You have a choice before you: You can continue as you are, running and hiding from Cylons that are no longer pursuing you. Or if you are willing recognize my authority, you can come home to Kobol and join your ship with our Federation. I should warn you that Kobol is the capital of our Federation and has members of various alien races as well as Cylons walking freely on our streets. You will have to learn to accept the differences of others.

Fleet Admiral of the Starfleet of the United Federation of Planets.
William Adama

After this letter, on the video are pictures of the most numerous races in the Federation.

This is Scipi. He is a member of the Tarquinian race. Like us, they recently suffered a war and have had to settle on a new planet and restart their civilization.
This is Arron Five, a model Five Cylon. His people have claimed Caprica as their homeworld. But any Colonial Humans still remaining there are allowed to stay if they don’t want to move to Kobol. All Cylons, including Centurions and Raiders are considered full citizens of the Federation.
This is 1 of Six. She is a member of the Borg Collective, a cybernetically connected group mind. Their founding member was a Human from Earth. But a few other Humans have joined the Borg. Most of the members have been former Cylons like 1 of Six.
This is Sokor. He is a member of the Vulcan race from the planet Vulcan. You might notice his resemblance to the Tarquinians, who originally came from the same planet.
This is Sokra. He is a Talosian.
This is Žižić, he is a Medeusan from the planet Visalayan.

In addition to them, we have many other alien races that have a few members serving on the Argos, the ship that helped us make peace with the Cylons.”

“Did you actually see any of these aliens in person? How close did you get to them?” asked Commander Illyria.

The two Colonial Warriors looked at each other and blushed.

“Very close,” replied Small-Hands.

“Close enough to touch,” added Shorty

“It’s all real,” said Small-Hands. “We saw it! And their technology is much more advanced than ours. Their hanger deck had a force field on the entrance that kept the air in but let our Raptor pass through.”

“And they have machines that can make food from nothing!” added Shorty. “Any kind of food you want!”

“And we rode their teleportation machine down to the surface of the planet,” added Small-Hands.



Fleet Admiral’s log, Stardate 57591.8 - I left Commodore Lucy Six to organize the fleet at Caprica. Once they are in good enough repair, 5 of them will be loaded with a large supply of plants and animals from the former 12 Colonies that they will transplant on Earth. They will then proceed to Mars where they will be upgraded with photon torpedo launchers. Then, one each, will be stationed in the Solar, Tarquinus, Talos, Visalayan and Vulcan systems. They will fall under the command of the local system. But I plan to promote a Commodore for those 5 systems, probably a Talosian. I have not decided yet. In an emergency, the Basestars in those 5 systems can easily jump to where they are needed. And they can do it quicker than the warp ships can. But this is just a short term solution.
The Battle of Caprica has made me think about the the future of the Starfleet. We obtained one older model Base ship from the battle. It will stay at Caprica for as long as we can keep it running. It’s more heavily armored, but doesn’t have the regenerative properties of the modern Base ships. The old Raiders are even more useless. They’ll be stripped of weapons and given over for civilian uses. The Heavy Raiders can carry more than a Raptor, but they can’t jump or warp. We won’t be making more of those. The modern, sentient Raiders are better at being explorers than fighters. Gradually they will all be stripped of weapons and loaded with sensors so they can be sent to explore. We may even look at giving them better bodies. But that is not a priority for now. Gradually Vipers will be come our fighter of choice. I will see about getting a new version made that utilizes some of the new tech.
I think the Constitution class is too big and too multi-purpose for defending our worlds. It’s a better ship for exploration, like the Argos. Instead, we’re going to have the Borg build us a bunch of Apollo class ships. They’re like the Hermes class, a saucer section with a single nacelle. Except the Apollo class is more heavily armed than the Hermes class. This will give us a fleet of ships that have warp drive and shields and cloaks and phasers and photon torpedoes. Which are superior to the current Colonial or Cylon made ships. If we put two in each system, that, along with the Jump capable fleet, should be enough to protect our worlds. I’ll make sure that the crews are mixed and not from any one world.
Sign up to rate and review this story