Categories > TV > Battlestar Galactica > Unhuman

Chapter 46: D’Anna Biers show on Cylon babies

by selenepotter 0 reviews

D’Anna Biers show on Cylon babies

Category: Battlestar Galactica - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Boomer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2022-04-15 - 1607 words - Complete

0Unrated
Unhuman

Chapter 46: D’Anna Biers show on Cylon babies

Caprica - Caprica City - FNN studios

“Hello friends, and welcome to the D’Anna Biers show. Tonights topic: Cylon Babies. My first guests are the Agathon family. Captain Karl ‘Helo’ Agathon is the Captain of the Basestar Tartarus. Also with us, is his wife and First Officer: Commander Sharon ‘Athena’ Agathon and their other wife: Caprica Agathon, better known as Caprica Six. They’re here with their children: Hera, Jason and Medea. I’m sorry to say I can’t tell over subspace whether the fourth member of their marriage, the Daemon known as: Ratlab is present.”

“Yes he is,” said Caprica.

“Alright, so Sharon, you were not only the first Cylon ever to get married by you are also the first one to ever become pregnant. “Did you have to go through any special procedures to make Hera’s birth possible?”

“No D’Anna, we just made her the way humans usually make babies together,” replied Athena.

“It was the same with same with Medea,” added Caprica. “No medical intervention was planned at all. Just normal Human reproduction.”

“So are your children Cylon?” asked D’Anna.

“It depends on what you consider to be Cylon, D’Anna,” said Karl. None of our children have Cylon implants of any kind. But they also have half their DNA from their mothers. They’re 100% human. But they’re half Cylon Human.”

“Is it possible that the Daemon, Ratlab, is the father of some of these children?” asked D’Anna.

“It’s not possible for members of different species to make children together,” replied Caprica. “And even if it were, Ratlab is only visible to me. It wouldn’t possible for Sharon to mate with him.”

So you’re saying that you’re living proof that Cylons can have children with Kobolian Humans.

“Well you are, after all, the children of the 13th Tribe of Humanity,” said Karl.

“Thank you, friends,” said D’Anna. “My next guests are on the Starship Argos. Please welcome back: Lieutenant Nog from the planet Ferenginar, in the Argos Universe, his wife: Valerii Eight and their son: Rom.”

“Actually, I prefer to be called his female, not his wife,” said Eight, who was, in Ferengi fashion, not wearing clothes. “It’s more Ferengi.”

“Nevertheless, you were the first Cylon to marry a non-human,” pointed out D’Anna. “How were you able to become pregnant by a non-human?”

“We needed help from Doctor Salar,” explained Eight.

“She was able to mix genetic samples from both of us and make a viable Zygote that could implanted in her,” said Nog.

“Did the Doctor have to do any special procedures to safely deliver the babyP” asked D’Anna.

“Actually, he was delivered, by feel, in near total darkness by someone who had only learned how with the learning machine,” said Eight.

“Your baby looks a bit unusual for a human,” said D’Anna. “Is this because of the other half of his heritage?”

“That’s right, D’Anna,” said Eight. “My skin tone was designed to look Canceron and his is, like that. So the orangish tint is halfway between our shades. And the ears are because of his Ferengi heritage. If he were pure Ferengi they would be much larger.”

“But they may grow to normal size when he hits puberty,” added Nog.

“Thank you, Eight and Nog,” said D’Anna. “My next guests have taken Eight as their family name. Please welcome: Boomer Eight and her wife: Luziana, with their daughter: Dunja.”

“Thank you, D’Anna,” said Luziana.

“Boomer, you were the first Cylon ever to father a child;” said D’Anna. “Since you are both female, how was that possible?”

“It took a lot of medical intervention to mix our genes and make a viable embryo,” replied Luziana. “But once we had one, it was implanted in me and I carried it like a normal child.”

“Did you have to do anything special to deliver her?” asked D’Anna.
“No. She had her in Ten Forward, the Officer’s club,” said Boomer.

“And the First Officer delivered her,” added Luziana.

“She looks completely human to me,” observed D’Anna.

“I suppose over sub space she does,” said Luziana. “Humans do think we Betazoids resemble them. But to us, our two people look completely different. You’re not seeing her with your mind.”

“Our Dunja can both receive and send emotions,” said Boomer. “She’s does this so strongly even I can feel it.”

“Thank you, Boomer and Luziana,” said D’Anna. “Our next guest is coming to us from The Kobolian Science institute. Please welcome Ellen Tight.”

“Thank you, D’Anna,” said Ellen.

“We’ve been talking with several Cylon parents about their children,” why aren’t there more Cylon parents?” asked D’Anna.

“It’s by design,” explained Ellen. “The resurrection module makes it impossible for you to conceive children if you attempt it with someone you also has one. Besides, there aren’t enough different models for Cylons to be a viable reproductive race on their own. If you want to have children you are going to have to mate with Kobolian humans.”

“Are there many humans who would be willing to mate with a Cylon?” asked D’Anna.

“I’m not sure how many women would,” admitted Ellen. “Not after all that has happened to them. But there are thousands of unmarried men on Kobol who are still fertile enough to sire children and need wives.”


Kobol - Starfleet Command - Fleet Admiral Adama’s office

“I though I might catch you here,” said Laura Roslin-Adama, as she walked into his office and put her arm around him. The images on his computer screen made her curious. “What are you working on?”

“New uniforms,” replied Bill Adama. “The current ones look to much like pajamas for my taste and are not very flattering on old farts like me. But the problem is that we’re not just humans. We keep our ships at a temperature that is comfortable for humans, but not every race agrees with that, especially on the Argos, where they have the most different races. Some of the races, like the Andorians, think that we keep the ships too hot. Others, like the Tarquinians, Vulcans and Medeusans, think we keep it too cold. The current design helps with that because it is well insulated and in an emergency can act as a pressure suit. It even has a hood that extents to act as a sort of short term space suit.”

“So how will you please everyone?” asked Roslin

“Well, I would have to offer options within limits,” said Adama. “Some of the races, like the Medeusans and the Eights don’t normally wear clothing at all. If they look too human, like the Eights do, they’ll still be required to wear a uniform while on duty. But I’m going to make the current uniform be like underwear and offer more layers to go over it. I’ve been looking over the past Starfleet uniforms from the Argos Universe and I quite like the mid 23 century ones with their solid colour shirt, black pants and boots. I’ll keep the modern colours of Red for command, gold for engineering, security and support services and blue for science. But I’ll also have Green for Captain. I’ll make the collars of the shirts bigger so there will be room for the hood to deploy from the underwear, if needed. And I’ll add a black jacket. We’ll keep the rank pips on the collar of the underwear, but I’ll also have the old style rank stripes on the sleeves of the jackets.”

“Are you going to allow the mini-dress also?” asked Roslin.

“Hmmm, I hadn’t thought of that,” said Adama. “I suppose we could make it an option for women. But they’ll need flatter, more practical shoes.”

“And pockets, Don’t forget about pockets,” said Roslin. The dresses should have them as well as the pants and jackets. And you shouldn’t limit the dresses to only women. That would be unfair. Also make the jackets longer so that they match the length of the mini-dresses.”

“I suppose we could do that,” admitted Adama.


Deep Space - USS Argos - Boomer’s quarters

“Come!” called out Luziana, who was busy nursing her daughter and didn’t want to get up to answer the door.

The Door slid open and Crewman Medi stepped in.

“Boomer’s still in the shower and I- What are you wearing!?!” asked Luziana.

“You like it?” asked Medi, and she posed and turned to show off she was wearing a gold mini-dress over her uniform with an open black jacket over it. “It’s the new uniform! We just got an information packet from Starfleet Command and this was one of the new uniform options available!”

“It looks very good on you,” said Luziana. “Listen, I’m glad you were there for me at the birth.”

“I’m sorry I stayed away before,” replied Medi. “But the idea of my favorite lover getting pregnant scared me a little. Do you think you might take me back?”

“I’m not feeling up to it yet,” replied Luziana. “I still haven’t recovered from the birth. But if you want to hook-up with Boomer, I could watch her memories later and live vicariously through her.”

“Great! I think I’ll go surprise her in the shower!” said the Orion woman, as she walked towards the bathroom, shedding clothes as she went.


Sign up to rate and review this story